User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice mailbox they made there
View Quote

The same was said about the ACRO, yet it’s one of the most in demand optics currently.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Speculation:

Both sides of the optic mirror each other
There is something akin to a T-rail that runs the width of the optic
Start the screws by hand on the slide
Slide the optic into position
Alternate tightening the screws using tool
As optic pulls onto slide of pistol, its front post cutouts self align with front mounting posts on slide
View Quote
The would be interesting, similarly I thought of maybe a space next to each slot on the bottom that was larger and accepts the head of the screw, so you sort of screw them in post the way than sort of "twist" and drop the optic onto the started screws, kind of like keymod slot, then tighten them down from there.  

Either of those idea would mean there's less material for the screw heads to bear on the optic, so I'm not sure that better than just a "C"-shaped cut out on each side they slide into then you screw them al the way down while riding the optic.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Amazing how quickly the hive mind has discarded the RMR.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm glad there will finally be a decent USA made option! Better late than never.

Amazing how quickly the hive mind has discarded the RMR.

I am not getting rid of my RMRs..
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I am just for all the pre-owned RMR 06 Type 2 sights that will soon be on EE...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nah, it's a tactical timmy size for people that like to buy stuff for their guns but don't actually shoot.

6-8 moa is for people that actually shoot
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Accepted by most as the best dot size.

Nah, it's a tactical timmy size for people that like to buy stuff for their guns but don't actually shoot.

Holy fuck, that’s pretty retarded.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're just so bulky and odd
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:05:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought you don't like MRDS on pistols?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
But the RMR nut garglers assured me that enclosed emitter optics and batteries accessible without removing the optic are unnecessary novelties.
View Quote

And the Holusun nuthuggers assured me that if a US made option with muh featurz was available, they'd buy it.
Let's see how it works out!
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am just for all the pre-owned RMR 06 Type 2 sights that will soon be on EE...

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/6578B03F-C6AB-44D2-9829-8851B7318BE5-478.gif
View Quote

Maybe the poors can finally stop using the "itz too spensive" line.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

We found the

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And the Holusun nuthuggers assured me that if a US made option with muh featurz was available, they'd buy it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But the RMR nut garglers assured me that enclosed emitter optics and batteries accessible without removing the optic are unnecessary novelties.

I've played the field with both companies.

On the Trijicon side, I have a TA31, a RX01, a MRO, a SRO, and the RM06.

On the Holosun side, I have an EPS Carry, a SCS, two 507Cs, a 407C, a 510, and a 403.

Of these, the only one to disappoint me is the RM06.

There are other products from both companies I want to play with. From Trijicon, I want a TA33 and an AccuPoint of some flavor, and from Holosun, I'd like to play with a SCRS and maybe the SCS 320.

The RMR HD doesn't move the needle much for me. I'd only consider buying one if they come in at a much lower price point than I'd expect.

This RCR thing? I'll probably be buying one unless the price is stupid or the reviews suck. The RCR should, in theory, address all of my complaints about the RM06.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone planning on upgrading wanna give me one of their old RMRs?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I've already got extra RMRs, so that bridge is crossed

I'll be a buyer
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone planning on upgrading wanna give me one of their old RMRs?
View Quote

I might be inclined to hit up the EE and put a RMR on every gun in the house. Even on the kids 10/22s.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#15]
IMHO managing to keep the RMR footprint was a great idea, provided the mounting system itself isn't problematic with these. I'm curious how you're supposed to get a torque wrench on the screws though.

Quoted:
Yes.

I agree that it's kind of a bit of a ham-fisted way to maintain RMR-cut compatibility, but it also helps maintain the RMR cut as an industry standard and avoid the need for adaptor plates or other such nonsense if you already have an RMR cut gun.

Holosun seems to be the only one that figured they'd just shorten the "tube" length so the RMR hole positions are exposed to the top, and it seems to have worked fine for them.  I also think they were smart going to the 1632 battery, which is smaller and allow enough space to side-load a bottom position battery and still fit the RMR size and screw spacing, while still giving plenty of battery life.  I think with how MRDS tech is developing, clinging to the 2032 size battery is going to be a albatross.
View Quote

Nobody wants weird batteries that are hard to find and aren't common to any of their other optics/remotes/etc...

1632s are worse than the 1/3N batteries that the old Comp M Aimpoints and 1st 2 generations of ELCAN used. 2032s are available everywhere and most people already keep them on hand for garage door openers, car keys, etc...
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That’s hideous.
View Quote

All pistols with an RDS mounted are hideous.

Not saying they’re not great, just ugly as fuck.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It said the deck height is the same as the RMR, so that existing cowitnessed iron sights will still work.
View Quote

Quoted:

Same base height as an RMR according to OP.
View Quote

Damn.  I missed that.  Looking forward to reviews.

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The same was said about the ACRO, yet it’s one of the most in demand optics currently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Form doesn't concern me function,robustness is what I'm interested in.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Same dimensions as Acro
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Guessing price point will be right there with the ACRO P2 at the $600 mark.

Speaking of the ACRO... I've been seeing a lot more popping up for sale lately. Did the fresh guntuber scent wear off of them?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#23]
i'll stick with my SwampFox Freedom Boner enclosed dot, but thanks
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Strong preference for the 6ish. Everyone wants the tiny ass one like they’re shooting gnats @ 100 with their carry gun or something. It’s literally 6 inches @ 100 yards, it’s fine for what it is lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strong preference for the 6ish. Everyone wants the tiny ass one like they’re shooting gnats @ 100 with their carry gun or something. It’s literally 6 inches @ 100 yards, it’s fine for what it is lol

Lot of us like to run MRDS as offsets or top mounts on long guns, where a 6MOA+ pistol gamer dot is a bit of a hindrance, and for sure messier under NV.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Boxy red dots look ok on boxy Glocks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:06:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Lot of us like to run MRDS as offsets or top mounts on long guns, where a 6MOA+ pistol gamer dot is a bit of a hindrance, and for sure messier under NV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that’s actually why they make both MOAs. This is nothing but my assumption, but I always assumed they intended the 6.5 for pistols and 3.25 for rifles.

My smaller dots are mostly on rifles.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Did a German company buy Trijicon? That sounds like BMW/Porsche levels of over engineering.

They should have scrapped the RMR footprint (it wasn't even designed for pistols). There would have been much GD gnashing of teeth but better rip the scab off now vs. kicking the can down the road on a less-than-optimal mounting footprint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, it uses screws into holes in the RMR foot print.

But the heads of the screws will slide into a cavity from the sides of the optic and then stay captured there.  You cant access the face of the screw head, so the screws have holes/dimples around the circumference of the head that you wrench on to tighten with a special tool.

Did a German company buy Trijicon? That sounds like BMW/Porsche levels of over engineering.

They should have scrapped the RMR footprint (it wasn't even designed for pistols). There would have been much GD gnashing of teeth but better rip the scab off now vs. kicking the can down the road on a less-than-optimal mounting footprint.

100% agree but I think it’s cool how they made it work and it’s easy to see why they made that decision. If others start jumping on the Acro/Steiner footprint they may have to pivot.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

GD is fickle! M249 being discontinued thread is also another example.

GD: I wish gun companies would offer military products to civis.
FN: Offers M249
GD: Too expensive, semi auto only, shit trigger, horrible accuracy. "I'll just get an AR. "

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD for the past half a dozen years: "Trijicon is lame for not offering a closed-emitter RDS or a RDS with top-load battery. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if they had one!"
GD after Trijicon creates a closed-emitter RDS: "A closed emitter? Top load battery? Gross! I'm not buying one of those!"

GD is fickle! M249 being discontinued thread is also another example.

GD: I wish gun companies would offer military products to civis.
FN: Offers M249
GD: Too expensive, semi auto only, shit trigger, horrible accuracy. "I'll just get an AR. "

As reliable as the militia in the Revolution.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Correct, IIRC the RMR was not originally designed to be a pistol optic. My first experience with them was with the dual illuminated version on the SDO atop my M27.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Correct, IIRC the RMR was not originally designed to be a pistol optic. My first experience with them was with the dual illuminated version on the SDO atop my M27.
View Quote

Lucky

I wish I had one on my SAW
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Trijicon comes out with a new optic

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Every "RMR is good enough" guy is gonna upgrade anyway.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I think a lot of people forget that back in the way-back these were Trijicon’s in-house solution to rifle mounted backup RDS. Before the RMR you’d put a Doctor Optic up top on the ACOG. Trijicon had their own version but it was the same thing as the DO just rebranded (MS01-04 IIRC). They did their job but crushed easily and needed protective wings to either side for impact damage. The RMR was a substantial improvement.

Quickly thereafter people started putting them on pistols which is where the problems started as they weren’t meant to handle much G force like you’d see on a reciprocating slide. They made workarounds to make it marketable as a pistol RDS but it wasn’t until the Type 2 that it really came into its own as a viable pistol sight out of the box (I have several type 1’s on pistols, with some TLC they work fine). Of course the FO RMRs don’t have these battery issues, but the FO RMRs suck plenty in their own right (I have several of these too).
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing. That thing is huge. But on the flip side, if it's reasonably priced I'll pick one up.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah I think a lot of people forget that back in the way-back these were Trijicon’s in-house solution to rifle mounted backup RDS. Before the RMR you’d put a Doctor Optic up top on the ACOG. Trijicon had their own version but it was the same thing as the DO just rebranded (MS01-04 IIRC). They did their job but crushed easily and needed protective wings to either side for impact damage. The RMR was a substantial improvement.

Quickly thereafter people started putting them on pistols which is where the problems started as they weren’t meant to handle much G force like you’d see on a reciprocating slide. They made workarounds to make it marketable as a pistol RDS but it wasn’t until the Type 2 that it really came into its own as a viable pistol sight out of the box (I have several type 1’s on pistols, with some TLC they work fine). Of course the FO RMRs don’t have these battery issues, but the FO RMRs suck plenty in their own right (I have several of these too).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A tiny square of Super 88 under the batteries has solved the issue for me permanently. Wish I had bought a dozen of them when they were being blown out for $200.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How much? Did they include the "doughnut of death" reticle?
View Quote

Circle dot blows.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I go weekly, but thanks anyway.
View Quote

Then why is it a big deal?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I think that’s actually why they make both MOAs. This is nothing but my assumption, but I always assumed they intended the 6.5 for pistols and 3.25 for rifles.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They also make a 1 MOA dot version, the RM09.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

That.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Those humped corners on the top are its saving grace. The RMR (and now RCR) survive drops like no other MRDS.
View Quote

But mUh Holosun.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My C-More is 6moa.  I think there's been several polls in USPSA and 6 was the preferred dot size in Open division.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:48:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I’ve got one of those too. I don’t really like it if I’m being honest, but part of that is my astigmatism. I don’t know that they’re terribly fond of making it. I’ve seen their literature refer to it as being “special order” before. I see them fairly often, so I dunno how often they make those special orders.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A tiny square of Super 88 under the batteries has solved the issue for me permanently. Wish I had bought a dozen of them when they were being blown out for $200.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw a video, maybe it was Sage Dynamics, said to use Sonys. I use Sonys now. That, and I VERY lightly bend the contacts outward. I use a sealing plate too. I don’t know what works the most, or if all are necessary, but I haven’t had any issues since applying the above. And I have had the flickering issues before applying them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

He’s largely correct. On a practical gun a 5-8 MOA dot is perfect.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#45]
That screw design was to get a patent. No other reason.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing. That thing is huge. But on the flip side, if it's reasonably priced I'll pick one up.
View Quote

Price wise, I'm guessing MSRP will be $800-1000 area, and they'll probably go for full price at first if the hype train follows.

As for the size, it's not that bad...

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

It looks like a RMR cover I 3D printed in my garage.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Those humped corners on the top are its saving grace. The RMR (and now RCR) survive drops like no other MRDS.
View Quote

How do you know that? What evidence are you basing this claim on?
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#49]
This is probably gonna get me off my ass to send the Glock 20 gen 4 in to get milled. Also would be great to piggyback on my TA33.

Probably won’t sell the RMR on my 19, but for the guns that are primarily for open carry/outdoor use it’s nice to have a real closed emitter option in an RMR footprint.

I think this will finally settle the fact that the RMR (on full size handguns) and RMSc (on subcompacts) are the standard footprints for handgun slides.

Really pumped about this!
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

How do you know that? What evidence are you basing this claim on?
View Quote

I hang out with @Tommy101.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top