BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 41
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll never again buy a troy product....makes no difference now what they do....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply OP.

However, until Monroe is fired I will not buy any Troy products in the future.

I'll never again buy a troy product....makes no difference now what they do....

I understand.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:44:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

FIFY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, he was entrapped into making a 1/4 inch too short shotgun.

His HOME was stormed because of that violation.

The Weavers had been a pain in the butt of the authorities and they paid for that.

How were they paid.........some were murdered and Monroe was a part of that scenario.

FIFY

Good fix.........I edited my post.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The backstory on what happened with Randy Weaver is long and ugly. The ATF wanted someone to spy on the Aryan Nation on the property next to Weaver. Weaver didn't want to do it. An ATF informant persuaded Weaver to cut down two shotguns. Weaver refused to cut the barrels shorter than 18", but didn't know about the 26" OAL rule. Weaver was acquitted on that charge. Weaver said the guns were legal when he gave them to the informant and the informant modified them. Kevin Harris was acquitted of murdering U.S. Marshall Degan.

Lon Horiuchi was indicted for manslaughter in Idaho. He fought the charge to the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court, which upheld the indictment on the grounds that qualified immunity for a federal agent did not apply to what Horiuchi did. By the time it got back to the state court, the prosecutor decided to drop the matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wikipedia suggests that Randy Weaver was charged with several crimes, and the only one that stuck was failure to appear.

It is interesting that the federal agents started calling their encampment "Camp Vicki" after shooting Weaver's wife. And calling out to her every morning with bullhorns while she lay dead on the floor. That seems a little questionable\sadistic.

The backstory on what happened with Randy Weaver is long and ugly. The ATF wanted someone to spy on the Aryan Nation on the property next to Weaver. Weaver didn't want to do it. An ATF informant persuaded Weaver to cut down two shotguns. Weaver refused to cut the barrels shorter than 18", but didn't know about the 26" OAL rule. Weaver was acquitted on that charge. Weaver said the guns were legal when he gave them to the informant and the informant modified them. Kevin Harris was acquitted of murdering U.S. Marshall Degan.

Lon Horiuchi was indicted for manslaughter in Idaho. He fought the charge to the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court, which upheld the indictment on the grounds that qualified immunity for a federal agent did not apply to what Horiuchi did. By the time it got back to the state court, the prosecutor decided to drop the matter.

Much to the chagrin of the assistant prosecutor and no small number of Idahoans.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I am furious with Troy's decision and I will never purchase a damn thing from this POS company.  Fuck You Troy!

I  have been a member for many years. I have seen many great folks come and go and have seen many changes
I bought the goofy ban era RRA LEGP, the fall apart AR15.com CRKT knife, and a couple of cool zombie shirts.

I have never been so disappointed in site staff.  This issue personal to me.  I have met Randy on a couple of occasions
and while I do not share some of his beliefs, he was wronged in a horrific way that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Steve hired a thug that publicly supported the massacre at Ruby Ridge in his testimony.  I haven't seen anything from
Dale Monroe that suggests he has made a public apology or spoken to Randy regarding his actions.  His hiring is equivalent
to spitting in the faces of gun owners.

Steve's facebook posts and post here give insight into how shitty of a person he is.  No doubt there is money involved
in firing Dale vs. keeping him employed. This is blood money and everyone at Troy should be ashamed of this connection.
I hope to see this issue gain momentum among the freedom loving firearm community and watch Troy sold for pennies.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Man I really like Troy's folding rear sights and I have a rifle that needs a good BUIS.  However I cannot support them in this.  If TI makes amends for this slap in the face to all of us then I will happily purchase their products again, until then I will find another company to buy from.

Until then please let me know when that petition to hav them removed as a site sponsor gets started.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I didn't mean to get involved in some sort of Ruby Ridge argument (since I know pretty much nothing about it.) I just don't think that what Troy has done merits the response they're getting. We're all entitled to our opinions though.
View Quote

Don't you think it would be worth educating yourself about what is causing all of this backlash?

I'm assuming you're too young to actually remember Ruby Ridge, but most of us do. And the response Troy is getting is very well merited.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I didn't mean to get involved in some sort of Ruby Ridge argument (since I know pretty much nothing about it.) I just don't think that what Troy has done merits the response they're getting. We're all entitled to our opinions though.
View Quote

It may turn into a learning experience for a lot of younger guys. Silver lining perhaps.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

KAC FTW
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That ARMS buis is garbage, they said. Get a Troy, they said.

I have an ARMS sight, but they haven't sued me yet. I am very disappointed.

KAC FTW

Don't forget Magpul. They have doubled down to support the Second Amendment. Top notch company all the way.

Also, with a good enough optic, the BUIS shouldn't be such a major concern, In my opinion, the MBUS works just fine in that role.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:47:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, he was entrapped into making a 1/4 inch too short shotgun.

His HOME was stormed because of that violation.

The Weavers had been a pain in the butt of the authorities and they paid for that.

How were they paid.........some were murdered and Monroe was a part of that scenario.

FIFY

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It looks like all of that got thrown out. The only thing he technically did to violate the law was not showing up for his court date. You'd think they could have at least gotten him for resisting arrest, no?
View Quote

They didn't show, because the date was move and the Weavers were not notified of the change.  Sigh....
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please examine the libelous accusations made in your earlier posts re: the Weaver family, and juxtapose those against the above post.

"Every Knee Shall Bow" is an excellent and factual book upon the matter; any number of similarly valid tomes exist that would serve you well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It may turn into a learning experience for a lot of younger guys. Silver lining perhaps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One would hope. The challenge is getting them to set aside their youthful "all I ever needed to know, I learned from Wikipedia, Facebook, and Junior High Social Studies" attitudes long enough to be taught.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#13]

When Weaver did not appear in court on February 20, the judge issued a bench warrant for failure to appear in court. On February 26, Ken Keller, a reporter for the Kootenai Valley Times, telephoned the U.S. Probation Office and asked if the reason that Weaver did not show in court on February 20 was because the letter sent to him by Richins had the incorrect date. Upon finding a copy of the letter, the Chief Probation Officer, Terrence Hummel, contacted the judge’s clerk and informed them of the incorrect date in the letter. Hummel also contacted the U.S. Marshals Service and Weaver’s attorney informing them of the error. The judge, however, refused to withdraw the bench warrant. The U.S. Marshals Service did agree to put off executing the warrant until after March 20 to see if Weaver would show up in court on that day. If he were to show up on March 20, the DOJ claimed that all indications are that the warrant would have been dropped.[14] Instead of waiting to see if Weaver would show up on March 20, however, the U.S. Attorney’s Office (USAO) called a grand jury on March 14. The USAO failed to provide Richins’ erroneous letter which proved that Weaver had been misinformed about his summons to Federal Court as evidence to the grand jury and the grand jury issued an indictment for failure to appear.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm 42 and knew exactly dick about RR.  I still haven't formulated any sort of opinion about Troy's business practices, but this thread has been really educational in regards to what happened at RR and why people are so pissed.  For that, I'm very glad this thing happened.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#15]
The final nail in the coffin for me back then was when I heard the authorities mocked the Weaver family the next morning after the mother had had her head blown off and was laying dead on the floor.

I couldn't believe it but that turned out to be true in court.

I realized right then that we had better be VERY careful in what we say and do because if some people don't like our lifestyle we could be entrapped and murdered if we do not comply.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So, are we still mad at Dicks?  

View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I for one will vote with my wallet and there will be no new Troy products in my house, ever!
View Quote

Agreed!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Don't you think it would be worth educating yourself about what is causing all of this backlash?

I'm assuming you're too young to actually remember Ruby Ridge, but most of us do. And the response Troy is getting is very well merited.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good advice. Education is key,especially concerning liberty and the potential erasure of it.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Then perhaps you should consider editing the post wherein you accused me of supporting/defending the Weavers, and the posts where you made a few assumptions of guilt where none was proven in a court of law.

See, ignorance of the full picture and assuming you can determine guilt are exactly what led the ROE to evolve without proper oversight.  They initially stated deadly force "could" be used. That morphed into "can be employed" and eventually "can and should be employed." Those involved became increasingly insular, allowing an asymmetrical (if you'll pardon the pun) escalation of tension.

You can apologize to me now for your egregious display of ignorance and logic derailment with respect to my comments on rule of law and due process being applied to accused offenders. I'll probably accept it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The final nail in the coffin for me back then was when I heard the authorities mocked the Weaver family the next morning after the mother had had her head blown off and was laying dead on the floor.

View Quote

The Marshals with whom I occasionally worked were stellar cops, and simply leagues ahead of FBI, DEA and God knows ATF (later BATFE). Secret Service crews were squared away too.

The Marshals serving the original warrant were doing exactly that - they had NO knowledge of the errata (whether accidental or, as I suspect, contrived) that led to the issuance of that warrant.

Much of the blame for this lies at the feet of Federal prosecutors and agents. It's tough for me to be too mad at the Marshals over this.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:57:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Then perhaps you should consider editing the post wherein you accused me of supporting/defending the Weavers, and the posts where you made a few assumptions of guilt where none was proven in a court of law.

See, ignorance of the full picture and assuming you can determine guilt are exactly what led the ROE to evolve without proper oversight.  They initially stated deadly force "could" be used. That morphed into "can be employed" and eventually "can and should be employed." Those involved became increasingly insular, allowing an asymmetrical (if you'll pardon the pun) escalation of tension.

You can apologize to me now for your egregious display of ignorance and logic derailment with respect to my comments on rule of law and due process being applied to accused offenders. I'll probably accept it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

J/k

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Understand the sentiment, but easier just to sell it and get something else. That way anyone who still wants a trx can get one without lining Monroe's pockets. Win-Win.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody has cut up anything Troy yet? Psssh amateur hour tonight in GD.

<------- Owns nothing Troy.

I'll use my 13.8 trx for target practice if someone can send me something else to use in it's place. till then I'll get a sharpie and cover the logo and cancel whatever the hell I've had backordered from them for 8 months

Understand the sentiment, but easier just to sell it and get something else. That way anyone who still wants a trx can get one without lining Monroe's pockets. Win-Win.

well that makes for a much more boring range trip and we also wouldn't have pics for this thread all threads are useless without pics
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The Marshals with whom I occasionally worked were stellar cops, and simply leagues ahead of FBI, DEA and God knows ATF (later BATFE). Secret Service crews were squared away too.

The Marshals serving the original warrant were doing exactly that - they had NO knowledge of the errata (whether accidental or, as I suspect, contrived) that led to the issuance of that warrant.

Much of the blame for this lies at the feet of Federal prosecutors and agents. It's tough for me to be too mad at the Marshals over this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that is a good point.

But it still left a very bad taste in my mouth over the entire murderous and UNNECESSARY clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read the Wikipedia. Like I said, it doesn't seem like it's worth all this wailing and gnashing of teeth to me.

It seems like you guys should just avoid going to Troy's EOD, emergency management and tactics classes if you don't agree with the historical views of one of the instructors.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#25]
And of course, Geraldo Rivera the attention whore was also involved:

Following an April 18, 1992 fly-over by a helicopter for the Geraldo Rivera "Now It Can Be Told" TV show, US Marshal Service HQ received media reports that Weaver had fired on the helicopter. That day in Idaho, a US Marshals team was installing surveillance cameras overlooking the Weaver property at the time of the fly-over. The field report for Apr 18, 1992 filed by Marshal W. Warren Mays reported seeing a helicopter near the Weaver property, but not hearing any shots fired.

Weaver then granted an interview with a newspaper reporter in which he, family and friends present that day denied firing on the helicopter.[27] The helicopter pilot Richard Weiss eventually gave FBI FD-302 interviews denying that Weaver fired on his helicopter.

The media reports that Weaver had fired on the Rivera helicopter became part of the justification later cited by USMS Wayne "Duke" Smith and FBI HRT Commander Richard Rogers in drawing up the Ruby Ridge Rules of Engagement on August 21–22, 1992. Also, in spite of Richard Weiss' repeated denials that shots had been fired at his helicopter, US Attorney Ron Howen would charge that, as Overt Act 32 of the Weaver's Conspiracy Against the Federal Government, Randy, Vicki and Harris fired two shots at the Rivera helicopter.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3251/2932546946_6d2ca4968c.jpg

J/k

This does not help your case, smilies not withstanding.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Please examine the libelous accusations made in your earlier posts re: the Weaver family, and juxtapose those against the above post.

"Every Knee Shall Bow" is an excellent and factual book upon the matter; any number of similarly valid tomes exist that would serve you well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also obtained copies of "The Federal Seige At Ruby Ridge" by Randy & Sara Weaver. (Forward by Colonel Bo Gritz) and Vicki, Sam, and America". How the government killed all three. (Forward by Sheriff Richard Mack)

I suggest these as reading to ward off ignorance on the subject.

I also have these books autographed to me by my friends, Randy and Elisheba Weaver.  (Dated 3 April, 2004) It gets dusty holding and reading these books.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#28]
I vote with my wallet and Troy just made the shit list.  Too bad, I liked their products.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

J/k

Bored?

Lonely?

or a

Selfie?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J/k

Didn't know I had a case to make in front the GD gods?

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Following an April 18, 1992 fly-over by a helicopter for the Geraldo Rivera "Now It Can Be Told" TV show, US Marshal Service HQ received media reports that Weaver had fired on the helicopter. That day in Idaho, a US Marshals team was installing surveillance cameras overlooking the Weaver property at the time of the fly-over. The field report for Apr 18, 1992 filed by Marshal W. Warren Mays reported seeing a helicopter near the Weaver property, but not hearing any shots fired.

Weaver then granted an interview with a newspaper reporter in which he, family and friends present that day denied firing on the helicopter.[27] The helicopter pilot Richard Weiss eventually gave FBI FD-302 interviews denying that Weaver fired on his helicopter.

The media reports that Weaver had fired on the Rivera helicopter became part of the justification later cited by USMS Wayne "Duke" Smith and FBI HRT Commander Richard Rogers in drawing up the Ruby Ridge Rules of Engagement on August 21–22, 1992. Also, in spite of Richard Weiss' repeated denials that shots had been fired at his helicopter, US Attorney Ron Howen would charge that, as Overt Act 32 of the Weaver's Conspiracy Against the Federal Government, Randy, Vicki and Harris fired two shots at the Rivera helicopter.

Then I partially retract my post above, and freely state that any Marshal making that groundless accusation can suck my balls.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Bored?

Lonely?

or a

Selfie?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J/k

Bored?

Lonely?

or a

Selfie?

Pile on brother!

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#33]
There is one less vacancy on my ignore list, that's all I can say.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Thank you Troy for posting your opinion, but I'm not gonna drink of the Kool Aid you served, nor will I gonna purchase any of your products, while this Person is in your Employment.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And all of the Weavers would be alive today if they'd fought in court instead of in the woods. You're defending people who chose to have an armed standoff with the man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will still be buying Troy products before during and after all of this internet drama.

Same here. I saw this post first appear on the front page and knew it would be a shit storm. The people here are like a lynch mob, and there's nothing Troy could do to appease them. I wouldn't have even given them the satisfaction of an apology if I were Steve Troy. His business is perfectly sustainable catering just to military and law enforcement. I like the Troy slide on rear sling point rings, they save me the trouble of having to take off the buffer tube, especially if the castle nuts are staked.

And to get so wound up about the Weavers? A bunch of criminal lunatics that, given a chance to surrender, knowing they were facing certain death, chose death with their kids in the line of fire. Yeah, try to sink an innovative, profitable gun company in their names.

Because everyone, even a criminal lunatic, is afforded due process.

I like my multiple sets of Troy BUIS and rails. Their business decision is that they're better off focusing on military and law enforcement, and they hired some notorious characters. They proudly proclaimed it. Now we will all see how those decisions affect their business.  They will probably do fine, just as you say.

It's not getting wound about the Weavers. It's getting wound about someone who was a cheerleader for aggressive ROE that were well outside the ethical or legal bounds for domestic use of deadly force, being hired to continue training people. The Weavers needed to be brought to justice. It wasn't the on-site team's responsibility to summarily administer justice and execute, yet they abrogated their positions as holders of the public trust by doing just that.

And all of the Weavers would be alive today if they'd fought in court instead of in the woods. You're defending people who chose to have an armed standoff with the man.

Didn't they give him the wrong court date or something on the weapons charge? It was a long time ago and my memory is a little foggy as to the specifics.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Then I partially retract my post above, and freely state that any Marshal making that groundless accusation can suck my balls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn!!

I didn't know that either!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

J/k

Don't know about any GD gods, but the deities of adulthood, common sense and thoughtfulness aren't smiling upon you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I appreciate having the opportunity to speak to members of this forum. Troy Asymmetric, part of the “World of Troy,” is a business entity with a director who until this past week, held exclusive hiring authority.  I am its owner, it bears my name and as we have witnessed in recent days, effects public opinion of all Troy divisions. Earlier this week, I terminated an instructor who did not support the Second Amendment as ardently as I and members of the community do.

Troy Asymmetric provides training to military and law enforcement personnel.  If you spend 5 seconds on the website you’ll see a graphical depiction of a bomb explosion - the primary focus of the company.  Take a moment to read the course list and you’ll note a common theme: training pertaining to explosions, bomb threats, post-blast crime scenes, incident command and crisis management.  Instructors’ primary areas of expertise lie in the “bomb world,” with EOD experience, critical incident response, and tactical decision making.  Some posters on the forum have said we only train “Jack Booted Thugs” and there is a secret agenda. These same posters conveniently ignore Troy Prepared: www.troyprepared.com. Troy Asymmetric to this date has offered no firearms training for Gov’t and LE, but in comparison, Troy Prepared has always offered firearms training to qualified civilians.  From a factual, non-emotional context, it is impossible to draw the conclusion that we somehow do not support the Second Amendment and are only training “secret army”.

On August 22, 1992, Dale was an HRT Operator tasked to a mission in which he found himself facing armed adversaries. His thoughts were not only on the situation at hand, but the tragic death of a child and a U.S. Marshal. During this type of confrontation when people die, you don’t have the ability to pick sides, they are drawn before you arrive. Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer.  He was fortunate not to have to take a life at this engagement. Special Agent Horiuchi made the regrettable shot, a mistake for which he will never be forgiven.  Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled “Mistakes and Lessons of Ruby Ridge”.  I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him.  Dale has not committed a criminal act, he answered all questions honestly, he did not cover anything up and he did not shoot anyone at Ruby Ridge. Dale was asked to join TA for his critical incident management expertise. Dale was never slated by TA for firearms instruction.

We all know from our biggest failures come the greatest lessons in life.  Providing training that is relevant with experienced, qualified instructors can prevent a tragedy like Ruby Ridge. Dale will be able to deliver this powerful message and lessons learned in crisis management and incident command.  I am driven and passionate about bringing effective change through pertinent training and speakers that have lived through these nightmares. Many times I have seen posts in forums that state “if you weren’t there then SDASTFU”, with that same school of thought, there is no one better than Dale to speak about tragedies like Ruby Ridge.

I have been a longtime and outspoken supporter of the Second Amendment.  I always choose to do what’s right, even if my stance goes against others opinion.  I will not throw this man to the wolves as he has demonstrated throughout his life high integrity and honor.  I know most of those who would disagree are using this forum to voice your anger towards the United States Government. In some cases that anger is justified. The Ruby Ridge tragedy and the loss of life there make no bigger example of abuse of power and Government gone wrong.  However, I disagree with your personal attacks on my family and company as we are not the Government and we are not training “Jack Booted Thugs”.  I am a patriot and I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of The United States, all of it. Those who have taken that same oath recognize the importance of keeping it. Thank you.  -Steve Troy
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:05:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only edit posts fix grammatical errors. Doing what you're suggesting would destroy the flow of the conversation when it's read back. I don't mind being wrong, but I don't want to be a revisionist.
You seem a little too close to this, maybe because you're from Idaho. I don't think I was particularly insulting to you personally, or made any unfair assumptions. It still seems like you're defending, supporting, vindicating and glorifying the Weavers. I just don't have a problem dismissing their entire situation as "play stupid games." At least in the future, similar situations won't be touched off, because Marshalls won't have to scout an area on foot. They'll have UAVs for that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Don't know about any GD gods, but the deities of adulthood, common sense and thoughtfulness aren't smiling upon you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

J/k

OK!

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#41]

On about August 24, 1992, the fourth day of the siege on the Weaver family, FBI Deputy Assistant Director Danny Coulson wrote a memo:

OPR 004477
Something to Consider
1. Charge against Weaver is Bull Shit.
2. No one saw Weaver do any shooting.
3. Vicki has no charges against her.
4. Weaver's defense. He ran down the hill to see what dog was
barking at. Some guys in camys shot his dog.
Started shooting at him. Killed his son. Harris did the
shooting [of Degan]. He [Weaver] is in pretty strong legal position."

View Quote

The Denver FBI SWAT team assigned to Ruby Ridge thought the ROE were "crazy" and agreed among themselves to follow the FBI deadly force policy. However, most of the FBI HRT sniper/observers accepted the ROE as modifying the deadly force policy. Examples: HRT sniper Dale Monroe saw the ROE as a "green light" to shoot armed adult males on sight and HRT sniper Edward Wenger believed that if he observed armed adults, he could use deadly force, but he was to follow standard deadly force policy for all other individuals. Fred Lanceley, the FBI Hostage Negotiator at Ruby Ridge, was "surprised and shocked" at the ROE, the most severe rules he had ever heard in his over 300 hostage situations and characterized the ROE as inconsistent with standard policy.

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well, I'd recommend you not get in an armed standoff that you can't foresee winning. You'll get deaded. And it appears that Randy Weaver was convicted of failure to appear stemming from short barrel shotgun charges that were later dismissed. Essentially he chose to defy the man rather than go to court.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well we'd need more clearly defined ROE than that. I mean, what if they drop their babies and are running away? Are they still hostile?

Weaver and his family were innocent, not criminals (the FBI even stated as such), and they won all their court cases.  Even the MSM knows that much.

Military ROE in a U.S. Marshal domestic incident....yeah that sounds legit man.

Well, I'd recommend you not get in an armed standoff that you can't foresee winning. You'll get deaded. And it appears that Randy Weaver was convicted of failure to appear stemming from short barrel shotgun charges that were later dismissed. Essentially he chose to defy the man rather than go to court.

Try again, they sent him the wrong fucking court date and then went after him for failure to appear.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I only edit posts fix grammatical errors. Doing what you're suggesting would destroy the flow of the conversation when it's read back. I don't mind being wrong, but I don't want to be a revisionist.
You seem a little too close to this, maybe because you're from Idaho. I don't think I was particularly insulting to you personally, or made any unfair assumptions. It still seems like you're defending, supporting, vindicating and glorifying the Weavers. I just don't have a problem dismissing their entire situation as "play stupid games." At least in the future, similar situations won't be touched off, because Marshalls won't have to scout an area on foot. They'll have UAVs for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blissfully ignorant?

Troll?

or

Quisling?

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Didn't they give him the wrong court date or something on the weapons charge? It was a long time ago and my memory is a little foggy as to the specifics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will still be buying Troy products before during and after all of this internet drama.

Same here. I saw this post first appear on the front page and knew it would be a shit storm. The people here are like a lynch mob, and there's nothing Troy could do to appease them. I wouldn't have even given them the satisfaction of an apology if I were Steve Troy. His business is perfectly sustainable catering just to military and law enforcement. I like the Troy slide on rear sling point rings, they save me the trouble of having to take off the buffer tube, especially if the castle nuts are staked.

And to get so wound up about the Weavers? A bunch of criminal lunatics that, given a chance to surrender, knowing they were facing certain death, chose death with their kids in the line of fire. Yeah, try to sink an innovative, profitable gun company in their names.

Because everyone, even a criminal lunatic, is afforded due process.

I like my multiple sets of Troy BUIS and rails. Their business decision is that they're better off focusing on military and law enforcement, and they hired some notorious characters. They proudly proclaimed it. Now we will all see how those decisions affect their business.  They will probably do fine, just as you say.

It's not getting wound about the Weavers. It's getting wound about someone who was a cheerleader for aggressive ROE that were well outside the ethical or legal bounds for domestic use of deadly force, being hired to continue training people. The Weavers needed to be brought to justice. It wasn't the on-site team's responsibility to summarily administer justice and execute, yet they abrogated their positions as holders of the public trust by doing just that.

Yeah, it seems like the whole thing was a cluster fuck between the US Attorney, the FBI and the Weavers. Grievous mistakes made on everyone's parts.

Anyone done research to see what that US Attorney does now so they can attempt to bankrupt his new firm? What about the HRT Commander who's named above? Maybe he works for Magpul and the lynch mob can acquire a new target.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I read the Wikipedia. Like I said, it doesn't seem like it's worth all this wailing and gnashing of teeth to me.

It seems like you guys should just avoid going to Troy's EOD, emergency management and tactics classes if you don't agree with the historical views of one of the instructors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Troy wanted to pretend that Asymmetric was an entity all it's own. Troy Prepared, which isn't just EOD, but also "terrorist identification" and "conflict resolution" has the same training director and lists the same r?sum? bullet point for Monroe that they proudly trumpeted in May when they hired him.

It's not hard to connect the dots. He has not displayed the behavior of someone who should be teaching terrorist identification and conflict resolution, when his claim to fame was cheerleading the misidentification of threats and meteoric escalation of a conflict. That's not the kind of person that should teach, and Steve Troy himself is propping him up. Supporting one of his companies ensures that he continues to profit. Lowly civilians were not the target clientele, so avoiding his mil/LE-based EOD classes accomplishes nothing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#46]
During the night, FBI snipers took positions around the Weaver cabin.
There is no dispute about the fact that the snipers were given illegal
"shoot to kill” orders. Under the law, police agents can use deadly
force to defend themselves and others from imminent attack, but these
snipers were instructed to shoot any adult who was armed and outside the
cabin, regardless of whether the adult posed a threat or not. The next
morning, an FBI agent shot and wounded Randy Weaver. A few moments
later, the same agent shot Weaver’s wife in the head as she was standing
in the doorway of her home holding a baby in her arms. The FBI snipers
had not yet announced their presence and had not given the Weavers an
opportunity to peacefully surrender.

Remember Ruby Ridge

<footer class="byline">

This article was published in National Review Online, Aug. 21, 2002.  

</footer>

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm 42 and knew exactly dick about RR.  I still haven't formulated any sort of opinion about Troy's business practices, but this thread has been really educational in regards to what happened at RR and why people are so pissed.  For that, I'm very glad this thing happened.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to believe it's two decades and change - since you would have been early 20's can't blame at all for not taking notice. When I was that age I was chasing skirts, not following the news. Back then we did not have the access to information we have now at our fingertips. Most of us had only the evening news and Sunday paper.

I'm still finding things out to this day on many things that I thought I knew inside and out. Never stop learning.

Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Troy wanted to pretend that Asymmetric was an entity all it's own. Troy Prepared, which isn't just EOD, but also "terrorist identification" and "conflict resolution" has the same training director and lists the same r?sum? bullet point for Monroe that they proudly trumpeted in May when they hired him.

It's not hard to connect the dots. He has not displayed the behavior of someone who should be teaching terrorist identification and conflict resolution, when his claim to fame was cheerleading the misidentification of threats and meteoric escalation of a conflict. That's not the kind of person that should teach, and Steve Troy himself is propping him up. Supporting one of his companies ensures that he continues to profit. Lowly civilians were not the target clientele, so avoiding his mil/LE-based EOD classes accomplishes nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The part in bold was my point entirely. Don't consort with white supremacist groups, deal in sawed off shotguns and ignore court dates and you won't have to worry about what he's teaching mil/LE at Troy Asymmetric.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is English not your primary language? How much more directly does it need to be stated?  I categorically do not support the Weavers' illegal acts, do not align with their extremist beliefs, and am saddened by the entire incident.
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Steve Troy:
I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him.
View Quote

After 13 pages and over 16,500 views on the biggest gun board on the interwebs (and no end in sight), I sincerely hope this unholy union is worth it.

I, like many other gun owners that will see this statement, am glad to finally know exactly where the owner of Troy Industries stands when it comes to the defense of cold blooded JBT murder.

I had reserved judgment on the whole Troy fiasco, as many times rumors turn out to be just that - baseless rumors. Thank you Steve Troy for removing all doubt to your judgment, integrity, and moral character. Rumor has become fact.

The horrific tragedy and shocking abuse of lethal force used at Ruby Ridge is burned into the memories of Americans, and you have just hung that disgusting albatross around your neck with arrogant pride.

Your shameful "hit and run" statement to start this thread and refusal to reply to even one question from the owners of Troy products here lets me know that you have no problem pissing in the face of your customers and the gun community at large.

I can promise you that from now on not only will I not buy any of your products, I will do my very best to educate others to do the same. It won't be hard, and I'm going to enjoy every sale I can cost you. Before long Troy will be known as  "The Ruby Ridge Guys".

So if you think it was funny to step in here and drop that weak ass fart bomb of an justification statement and run off - keep laughing as you remember the ones working to cost you business.

Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top