Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 41
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I can sympathize with the Goatboy and can even tip my cap for standing up for who he obviously considers a personal friend. Where I get lost (admittedly not hard with my limited intelligence) is how he/anyone can come to the conclusion that the firing of JFled to be warranted because of past transgressions but Monroe gets a pass for his.

Either Steve Troy has a set of principles and he operates under those rain or shine or he doesn't. It would appear to me he doesn't and everything has been lip service.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://www.alhambrarotary.com/IMupload/newsletter/20120424_newsletter.pdf

Valid that he was listed as a speaker.  Not valid about his presentation on Ruby Ridge.

TRG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found one Rotary Club bulletin announcing him as a guest speaker. "Serving his country in special ways, Dale Monroe has tales to tell, and we want to hear them."

That is all I found about his public speaking engagements.

http://www.alhambrarotary.com/IMupload/newsletter/20120424_newsletter.pdf

Valid that he was listed as a speaker.  Not valid about his presentation on Ruby Ridge.

TRG

Exactly. There's nothing readily available to support their claims.

In the past 20 years, if someone so high profile has spoken to thousands of people on such a polarizing subject, someone somewhere would have blogged, reported, or tweeted about it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Please try not to quote someone who is clearly attempting to get this thread locked via admitted trolling. This is one place where the ignore button serves quite well. Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<quote removed>

Do you think Troy is going to send you some free shit or something? You and some other posters keep giving me that vibe. Just hope they PM you for your address before someone backtracks and reports your admission to being a troll post. That got D_A ousted and he was at the least able to argue a point with some intelligence.

Please try not to quote someone who is clearly attempting to get this thread locked via admitted trolling. This is one place where the ignore button serves quite well. Thanks!

Won't happen again sorry
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So, here's a brief synopsis of Ruby Ridge for the unaware:

ATF guy undercover: "Hey Randy, can you shorten a shotgun for me?"

Weaver: "Sure, but I can't cut it under 18". Here you go."

ATD guy undercover: "HAHA! BUSTED, MOTHERFUCKER! IT'S UNDER 26" OVERALL! BURN!!!"

Weaver: "WTF?"

ATF: "We can make this go away if you join the Aryan Nations group down the road and spy on them for us..."

Weaver: "Fuck you."

*Weaver arrested, charged with gun crimes*

*court sends wrong court date to Weaver, so Weaver didn't show up for court*

Judge: "Arrest Weaver for Failure To Appear."

USMS: "Ok."

Someone: "Hey Judge, we sent Weaver the wrong court date. You should stop the warrant."

Judge: "Fuck him. No way."

USMS: "Well, we should wait & see if he shows up first, and if not we'll go get him."

US District Attorney: "Fuck him. Go get him now."

USMS: "Ok."

Geraldo Rivera: "HEY EVERYONE! LOOK At ME! THE WEAVERS SHOT AT ME!!!!"

Media: "The Weavers shot at a media chopper."

USMS: "No they didn't, but let's say they did anyway because fuck him, that's why.

* US Marshals, dressed in camo hiding on Weaver property, shoot Weaver's son's dog, firefight ensues killing Weaver's son & a USMS Marshal*

*Rules Of Engagement created*

Lon & Dale: "SWEET! WE CAN SHOOT EVERYBODY ALL UP IN THIS BITCH! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

Other cops: "WTF???????"

Lon: *BANG* = dead unarmed woman holding a baby

Dale: "Good shoot, bro. I totally woulda shot her in her fucking face but you did it first. Jerk."

Lon: "Well, off to Waco. Gotta get some more face-shooting time in."

Dale: "Later. I'll tell congress you were totally righteous!"

Troy: "Hey Dale, want a job?"
View Quote

I'm really sorry but I laughed.  I saw this like one of those FB spoofs.  Sad thing is that it's all true.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can sympathize with the Goatboy and can even tip my cap for standing up for who he obviously considers a personal friend. Where I get lost (admittedly not hard with my limited intelligence) is how he/anyone can come to the conclusion that the firing of JFled to be warranted because of past transgressions but Monroe gets a pass for his.

Either Steve Troy has a set of principles and he operates under those rain or shine or he doesn't. It would appear to me he doesn't and everything has been lip service.

View Quote

Hard to argue this.....IMHO

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:16:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
And this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You forgot the part about him testifying before a Congressional commitee that he a) thought the shooting was Consitutional, and b) he would have done the same thing.

And this.
Which is really the real 'rub' that Mr. Troy, you and most of his defenders seem to be missing.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not going to read all the way through this but let me see if I have it straight. Troy hired a former FBI guy that participated in Ruby Ridge, internet freaks out, Troy fires him, internet remains freaked out. Is this accurate?

No.

Troy has hired 2, fired 1 - the one left was responsible for willingly shooting an unarmed woman holding a baby.

Being the partner of the guy who shot an unarmed woman who was standing on the other side of a door he put a bullet into trying to hit a man running through the door.

You forgot the part about him testifying before a Congressional commitee that he a) thought the shooting was Consitutional, and b) he would have done the same thing.

And this.

Based on that will the AR15.com and Troy relationship be severed or remain intact?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which is really the real 'rub' that Mr. Troy, you and most of his defenders seem to be missing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And this.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not going to read all the way through this but let me see if I have it straight. Troy hired a former FBI guy that participated in Ruby Ridge, internet freaks out, Troy fires him, internet remains freaked out. Is this accurate?

No

+ nope
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

BCM and LaRue didn't hire anti gunners and or murder advocates.  This thread is about Troy stepping on his dick.  Can we give BCM and LaRue and the others that have done nothing the benefit of the doubt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have BCM, LaRue, or Noveske said anything publicly on the subject yet?

I hope BCM and LaRue make the right choice, as I'm a big fan of both companies right now

Same here. I inquired over in the Industry forum. Im curious.

BCM and LaRue didn't hire anti gunners and or murder advocates.  This thread is about Troy stepping on his dick.  Can we give BCM and LaRue and the others that have done nothing the benefit of the doubt.

I was just asking if anyone knew where they stood. Relax if you feel I threatened your beloveds my apologies.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm not going jump GB for this. I fully admit that Troy's actions seem to have a disconnect. Pro- 2A here, hires anti-2nd A guy there. That's from a distance. It's not like anyone here can point to Steve Troy or TI and say that they are consistently anti-2nd A.

I can only imagine the tough spot GB, the rest of the staff and the website are in. Maybe it's like having a friend betray you? I don't know. i'm not close, nor do I know any of the players personally.

What I do know is that the whole situation sucks. There are no winners in this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And this.

Exactly.

Here is a news snippet of Monroe's testimony to the senate sub-committee. Read it, understand it,let it sink in....and if you are ok with....you have a serious case of WTF

"Dale R. Monroe, the partner of FBI hostage rescue team leader Lon Horiuchi--who fired the fatal shot--said that he was preparing to fire but did not because Horiuchi fired first"

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'm not going jump GB for this. I fully admit that Troy's actions seem to have a disconnect. Pro- 2A here, hires anti-2nd A guy there. That's from a distance. It's not like anyone here can point to Steve Troy or TI and say that they are consistently anti-2nd A.

I can only imagine the tough spot GB, the rest of the staff and the website are in. Maybe it's like having a friend betray you? I don't know. i'm not close, nor do I know any of the players personally.

View Quote
Steve Troy (for baseball fans) is like Ryan Braun

GB is Aaron Rodgers.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm just smart enough to know that I won't buy from Troy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:22:43 AM EDT
[#16]
I just spent about $400 at BCM. I'm not throwing them, LaRue, or this site under the bus over this until we see where all of this goes.

They've all been great to deal with, and they shouldn't have their hand forced right away over the insanity Troy has displayed here in the last few days.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Here is a news snippet of Monroe's testimony to the senate sub-committee. Read it, understand it,let it sink in....and if you are ok with....you have a serious case of WTF

"Dale R. Monroe, the partner of FBI hostage rescue team leader Lon Horiuchi--who fired the fatal shot--said that he was preparing to fire but did not because Horiuchi fired first"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And this.

Exactly.

To be accurate, that was from a newspaper article which attributed that quote to Monroe. Someone else actually said it. Monroe did say, however, that he would have taken the same shot and that he felt it was constitutional.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why hasn't Monroe spoken in this matter yet ?

If he were  another man today, and regretted things that happened 20years ago we could understand Troy s position better..

But he is as silent as Wicky...
View Quote

Why would he? He could apologize, Steve Troy could apologize, and give free BUIS to everyone with an AR-15 and this community still wouldn't forgive him. Just look at what he's gotten for the concessions he's made so far: more enemies and more scorn. As if either of them owe you anything.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Why would he? He could apologize, Steve Troy could apologize, and give free BUIS to everyone with an AR-15 and this community still wouldn't forgive him. Just look at what he's gotten for the concessions he's made so far: more enemies and more scorn. As if either of them owe you anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he were  another man today, and regretted things that happened 20years ago we could understand Troy s position better..

Please tell us the concessions Troy has made.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not at all.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

GB is Aaron Rodgers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GB is Aaron Rodgers.

Goat Boy bet his 2013 staff salary? WHOA!
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Good thing nobody felt that way when the '94-'04 AWB expired and (standard) hi-cap mags were available at reasonable prices again.

PS
Using money paid (and value gained) as a result of an Unconstitutional restriction as a reason for upholding said restrictions is the excuse of a scumbag.

I have continued to observe the things you've said through several pages, trying to find a shred of reason for your perspective...or an interest in freedom and liberty FOR ALL...but after your statement here, I don't think I'm going to ever see one.

*click*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're such an amiable fellow. Is everyone from Idaho like this?

I think I know a thing or two about rule of law and due process. I used to have to meet with the saranwal once a week to try to get him to actually charge people that were arrested. A country without the rule of law is chaos. I think you feel like the FBI transgressed against the rule of law, whereas I feel like the Weavers did. I do feel like I'm failing to convey how very, very little I care about the whole situation though. IIRC an FBI agent shot and killed Ibragim Todashev in his own apartment, as soon as the local cops left him alone with him. And you don't see people here up in arms about that... Not that I'm saying they should, but if you're going to get pissy about the FBI schwacking people, you could pick something more current...

Let's just get down to brass tacks, shall we? Do you think the NFA is constitutional and/or good law?

I don't think it's constitutional due to the closure of the machine gun registry. When you pass an excise tax on the trade\commerce of some item as part of the tax code, and then refuse to accept the tax, you've likely exceeded the authority outlined in the constitution by creating a de facto ban. IIRC Rock River Arms won a federal district court case on that argument and the US Attorney chose not to appeal. It was based on a full auto 1911. I'm not a lawyer or anything though. I tend to have a broader view of the scope of government authority beyond strictly what's spelled out in the constitution.

Is it a good law? Probably overall, no. But personally the investment value in the 2 machine guns that I have far outweigh any utility I might gain from actually owning\shooting new machineguns if the NFA were to magically disappear. You have to figure there are plenty of people with hundreds of thousands of dollars tied up in guns that would be made nearly worthless overnight.

Good thing nobody felt that way when the '94-'04 AWB expired and (standard) hi-cap mags were available at reasonable prices again.

PS
Using money paid (and value gained) as a result of an Unconstitutional restriction as a reason for upholding said restrictions is the excuse of a scumbag.

I have continued to observe the things you've said through several pages, trying to find a shred of reason for your perspective...or an interest in freedom and liberty FOR ALL...but after your statement here, I don't think I'm going to ever see one.

*click*

The dollar values, and the type of people who tend to own those high dollar machine guns, make it a whole different ball game than the AWB. And I didn't (and wouldn't) pay anything for the ones I have; they were a gift\investment from my dad. I think it's more likely that they're made entirely illegal than it is that we'll see the registry open again, or go away entirely.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I keep running iterations through Google and receiving nothing but links to your statement when I enter that title.  

Nowhere on the web is there any other reference to this presentation, its title, or Dale Monroe making any sort of presentation with that title.

Really?

Because it appears, that from these 1000+ civilians, not a single one of them so much as made a peep about.  No vendor posted an advertisement, or handbill, or banner announcing the presentation.

No hidden camera videos, no snapshots, no, "OMG! look who this is as the speaker today!"

Nothing but crickets on that presentation title that, supposedly, nullifies his past and validates his worth to this community.

Maybe he made his presentation on the back of a napkin and it was simply, and innocently, omitted from his hiring packet?

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.  Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled “Mistakes and Lessons of Ruby Ridge”.  

Thank you.  -Steve Troy

I keep running iterations through Google and receiving nothing but links to your statement when I enter that title.  

Nowhere on the web is there any other reference to this presentation, its title, or Dale Monroe making any sort of presentation with that title.

I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him.

Really?

Because it appears, that from these 1000+ civilians, not a single one of them so much as made a peep about.  No vendor posted an advertisement, or handbill, or banner announcing the presentation.

No hidden camera videos, no snapshots, no, "OMG! look who this is as the speaker today!"

Nothing but crickets on that presentation title that, supposedly, nullifies his past and validates his worth to this community.

Maybe he made his presentation on the back of a napkin and it was simply, and innocently, omitted from his hiring packet?

TRG

I can't believe that Troy actually thought they could snow job their way out of this.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steve Troy owes me nothing.

But, I also owe him nothing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So you admittedly are willing to overlook the atrocities at RR and the fuck ups by those involved because your a fan of Troys products?  Your moral compass is on par with the company you'd like to keep.  Pathetic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Troy fan. Like I said, I read the Wikipedia since the thread started, so I'm basically an expert now.

So you admittedly are willing to overlook the atrocities at RR and the fuck ups by those involved because your a fan of Troys products?  Your moral compass is on par with the company you'd like to keep.  Pathetic.

404 Atrocities Not Found. Taking up arms against an overwhelmingly superior force has a predictable outcome.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#27]
I guess I have to incinerate my noveskie marked Troy sight now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he were another man today, and regretted things that happened 20years ago we could understand Troy s position better..

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm not an paragon of objectivity, mind you....

....but given the blind, cheerful support given to the .gov-sanctioned slaying of a mother holding her child after her son's murder, by a member with a tank icon - is it unfair that we coin a new epithet: Thin Green Line?

This in no way reflects upon the honorable .mil members who have served our Republic, and respect and fulfill their oaths.

But I AM suggesting a bootlicker is as reprehensible as a badge sniffer.

Just sayin', is all.
View Quote

While I welcome the widespread condemnation of bootlickers and badge lickers everywhere, your "Thin Green Line" appellation just doesn't fit with Jeff4187 and his rabid support of the Ruby Ridge killers.  

The FBI is a Civilian organization, not Military.    The attitude and opinions expressed by Jeff are as reprehensible as they come, but your new label just doesn't fit this particular situation.    
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:32:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

404 Atrocities Not Found. Taking up arms against an overwhelmingly superior force has a predictable outcome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Troy fan. Like I said, I read the Wikipedia since the thread started, so I'm basically an expert now.

Wonder if Ty Carter has the same opinion.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monroe - is that you?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:33:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Noted.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats got to be the dumbest thing ever written on AR15.com, and thats saying a lot.

When is, inside the United Sates, one of their unarmed citizens, a justified target for a Government sniper? What crime requiring justifiable homicide was she committing?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Troy has dedicated people on this site every day. They are also an IP and not a sponsor, so their financial tie to us is minimal. Regardless, none of this matters to me. If they were our largest sponsor or our smallest, we look at each company and their actions for and against the firearms community and this site.

Right now I can say that I do not agree with their choice, but I also am not condemning them to rot in hell like many of you. "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone" comes to mind in this mess. Sure Monroe isn't exactly a boy scout and is a part of one of the darkest days in this country's history, but it was 20 years ago and we do not know the man and who he is today. To assume he has not suffered over this mess and has not changed is a very black/white ignorant thought. We want this mess to fit nicely into a box, but it doesn't. There are emotional ties because of the pure evil of the event, but in the end is it any different than other mistakes made in all walks of life that end up costing an innocent life? Sure none of this is on par with the murder or an innocent, but Monroe did not kill Weaver, if he did then it would be cut and dry and simple to assess. The issue is he was a part of the mess and said in his statement contradicting things.

For those who point to the video, go to 1:58 and watch as he states very clearly that the presence of children made the kill on sight orders null and void. He would not take a shot if it endangered children. So which is it? Is he this cold blooded merciless killer of an unarmed woman or is he just a guy caught in the most nightmarish of days on the job? I can't put him in either category because it's all gray area. He was a part of this mess and as such he is responsible for it as much as Horiuchi and everyone else who was present. What matters more to me is what he has done since that day and how he has worked to atone for his role, if he has even tried to do so. From what I have been told (again I have not witnessed it) is that he spends time and is available to speak about the day and how things were completely and horribly wrong. He seems to me as a man who is willing to delve into the demons in his past to help others try to understand and not make the same mistakes. Does this negate his role, hell no. He's still guilty of being a part of the problem, but he's not that different from any of us. If we were in the same situation we would hope we had the inner strength to walk away, but how many of us could say with a certainty that we would have given up our careers, our friends, our duty on the day, all because of a moral issue we didnt even have enough information to form a full thought on. Do you really think they were told everything that was going on? That emotions were not high from being told a federal agent had already been shot and killed?

Ok so regardless of how you feel about the man and what you think about the incident and his time since, we know it was horrible and being associated with someone responsible for it is a huge negative. So now Troy has a guy most of us feel was wrong working for them. He was shown to not train anyone on anything but crisis situations regarding bomb scenarios. Is this the guy we want training our future responders? Well maybe yes and maybe no, it all comes down to what he learned that day and each day since. Is this the same guy who sat stone faced in that hearing or is this a guy who has seen his life hit bottom and cost innocent lives? I don't know Monroe nor what type of man he is. What I do know is EdSr. He went to war and did things he can't even talk to me about. I'm sure he has killed and seen the horrible face of war and yet I hold zero negative thoughts about the man. I revere him for what he did and who he has become. To me I can't condemn a man I do not know. Again, yes the situations are different and removed from each other, but the same basic principle is there. We are all human, we make mistakes, we often are in situations which far exceed our abilities, what we choose to do will stay with us forever. Does it mean we do not become better men? That we can't find redemption? I hope not, because if a day comes when I am in a situation like that, I would like to hope I could change and become a better person and move past something so difficult and life altering.

Steve Troy is a man of high quality. I know this because I've been on both sides of the fence with him. We had a problem that wedged us apart years ago and now we talk and enjoy a relationship focused on bring all of you something good. During our time of distrust, he never attacked me, nor I him. He was honorable enough to stay his course and follow what he felt was right. When we made amends and forged a new relationship he has been honest and honorable every step of the way admitting our misunderstanding was wrong. I have learned that he is a man of principle above all. If an anti-gun company threatened the community, he never shied away from fighting it. If it meant a loss of profits, then profits be damned. We all make mistakes and I'm sure Steve has made his share of them, but in the end I know he means well and cares about the firearms community deeply. Troy employees seem to be cut from the same cloth. Everyone I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking to have gone over the top to ensure they are providing top service and products and being focused on all of you. This isn't always the case with companies, but it is something we see more and more each year. Companies like Troy are no longer unique, they are becoming the norm, but it's still important for us to know who is there for us and why and when a company can shine out and be an example to others, you notice it.

So back to the original question, what will ar15.com do with Troy. I do not know what the future holds, but like Steve I must hold firm to what I believe is right and I can not abandon a company to be torn apart over something like this when I do not know the man in the middle of the discussion. Is he a jerk? Is he a wonderful person? I do not know, so I can't condemn him or the company's decision so emotionless. What I do know is Steve, Troy employees, and the fact they have always made great products and provided great service to everyone in the community. That sways my mind to support them at this time. I would love to hear more, especially from Monroe himself, but that's not my call.

I hope you all take what I've said to heart and understand that I've thrown myself into this mess to learn everything I could about it and make my own decision. I've watched the video, I've read a bunch of stories, and I've read through not only the threads on this site, but discussions and blogs that are all dissecting this mess. when Jody was hired, there was zero excuse for it, my jaw dropped and I was upset. The fact Troy fired him upon learning about it shows a lot to me. It shows a company willing to do what is right. If Monroe is a good guy who has suffered and learned from the past, then sacrificing him to save face would be wrong. If he was just an asset or a means to business I don't doubt he would be gone. That's just how Steve works.

I apologize for the long winded response, but right now I can't throw Troy under a bus and I hope I've been clear as to why. Now this may change as people continue to make their case and bring more information to light, but with what we have seen out there already it's all based on putting the blame for Ruby Ridge on the shoulders of this one man. We will continue to allow Troy to be an IP here until such a time as we feel their interests are no longer in line with the best interests of the firearm community, our rights and freedoms, or the spirit of this site.

You are now free to attack me if you feel necessary.

Edited my terrible original line.. my apologies. -- GB
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will Troy leave this site because it's clear they've become extremely unpopular here?

I predict no.

You're probably correct. Apparently, they hadn't logged in here for months prior to this. IP sponsorship, or whatever they were, is thousands of dollars a year. Not much to them, but enough for an advertising tax write off.

Troy has dedicated people on this site every day. They are also an IP and not a sponsor, so their financial tie to us is minimal. Regardless, none of this matters to me. If they were our largest sponsor or our smallest, we look at each company and their actions for and against the firearms community and this site.

Right now I can say that I do not agree with their choice, but I also am not condemning them to rot in hell like many of you. "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone" comes to mind in this mess. Sure Monroe isn't exactly a boy scout and is a part of one of the darkest days in this country's history, but it was 20 years ago and we do not know the man and who he is today. To assume he has not suffered over this mess and has not changed is a very black/white ignorant thought. We want this mess to fit nicely into a box, but it doesn't. There are emotional ties because of the pure evil of the event, but in the end is it any different than other mistakes made in all walks of life that end up costing an innocent life? Sure none of this is on par with the murder or an innocent, but Monroe did not kill Weaver, if he did then it would be cut and dry and simple to assess. The issue is he was a part of the mess and said in his statement contradicting things.

For those who point to the video, go to 1:58 and watch as he states very clearly that the presence of children made the kill on sight orders null and void. He would not take a shot if it endangered children. So which is it? Is he this cold blooded merciless killer of an unarmed woman or is he just a guy caught in the most nightmarish of days on the job? I can't put him in either category because it's all gray area. He was a part of this mess and as such he is responsible for it as much as Horiuchi and everyone else who was present. What matters more to me is what he has done since that day and how he has worked to atone for his role, if he has even tried to do so. From what I have been told (again I have not witnessed it) is that he spends time and is available to speak about the day and how things were completely and horribly wrong. He seems to me as a man who is willing to delve into the demons in his past to help others try to understand and not make the same mistakes. Does this negate his role, hell no. He's still guilty of being a part of the problem, but he's not that different from any of us. If we were in the same situation we would hope we had the inner strength to walk away, but how many of us could say with a certainty that we would have given up our careers, our friends, our duty on the day, all because of a moral issue we didnt even have enough information to form a full thought on. Do you really think they were told everything that was going on? That emotions were not high from being told a federal agent had already been shot and killed?

Ok so regardless of how you feel about the man and what you think about the incident and his time since, we know it was horrible and being associated with someone responsible for it is a huge negative. So now Troy has a guy most of us feel was wrong working for them. He was shown to not train anyone on anything but crisis situations regarding bomb scenarios. Is this the guy we want training our future responders? Well maybe yes and maybe no, it all comes down to what he learned that day and each day since. Is this the same guy who sat stone faced in that hearing or is this a guy who has seen his life hit bottom and cost innocent lives? I don't know Monroe nor what type of man he is. What I do know is EdSr. He went to war and did things he can't even talk to me about. I'm sure he has killed and seen the horrible face of war and yet I hold zero negative thoughts about the man. I revere him for what he did and who he has become. To me I can't condemn a man I do not know. Again, yes the situations are different and removed from each other, but the same basic principle is there. We are all human, we make mistakes, we often are in situations which far exceed our abilities, what we choose to do will stay with us forever. Does it mean we do not become better men? That we can't find redemption? I hope not, because if a day comes when I am in a situation like that, I would like to hope I could change and become a better person and move past something so difficult and life altering.

Steve Troy is a man of high quality. I know this because I've been on both sides of the fence with him. We had a problem that wedged us apart years ago and now we talk and enjoy a relationship focused on bring all of you something good. During our time of distrust, he never attacked me, nor I him. He was honorable enough to stay his course and follow what he felt was right. When we made amends and forged a new relationship he has been honest and honorable every step of the way admitting our misunderstanding was wrong. I have learned that he is a man of principle above all. If an anti-gun company threatened the community, he never shied away from fighting it. If it meant a loss of profits, then profits be damned. We all make mistakes and I'm sure Steve has made his share of them, but in the end I know he means well and cares about the firearms community deeply. Troy employees seem to be cut from the same cloth. Everyone I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking to have gone over the top to ensure they are providing top service and products and being focused on all of you. This isn't always the case with companies, but it is something we see more and more each year. Companies like Troy are no longer unique, they are becoming the norm, but it's still important for us to know who is there for us and why and when a company can shine out and be an example to others, you notice it.

So back to the original question, what will ar15.com do with Troy. I do not know what the future holds, but like Steve I must hold firm to what I believe is right and I can not abandon a company to be torn apart over something like this when I do not know the man in the middle of the discussion. Is he a jerk? Is he a wonderful person? I do not know, so I can't condemn him or the company's decision so emotionless. What I do know is Steve, Troy employees, and the fact they have always made great products and provided great service to everyone in the community. That sways my mind to support them at this time. I would love to hear more, especially from Monroe himself, but that's not my call.

I hope you all take what I've said to heart and understand that I've thrown myself into this mess to learn everything I could about it and make my own decision. I've watched the video, I've read a bunch of stories, and I've read through not only the threads on this site, but discussions and blogs that are all dissecting this mess. when Jody was hired, there was zero excuse for it, my jaw dropped and I was upset. The fact Troy fired him upon learning about it shows a lot to me. It shows a company willing to do what is right. If Monroe is a good guy who has suffered and learned from the past, then sacrificing him to save face would be wrong. If he was just an asset or a means to business I don't doubt he would be gone. That's just how Steve works.

I apologize for the long winded response, but right now I can't throw Troy under a bus and I hope I've been clear as to why. Now this may change as people continue to make their case and bring more information to light, but with what we have seen out there already it's all based on putting the blame for Ruby Ridge on the shoulders of this one man. We will continue to allow Troy to be an IP here until such a time as we feel their interests are no longer in line with the best interests of the firearm community, our rights and freedoms, or the spirit of this site.

You are now free to attack me if you feel necessary.

Edited my terrible original line.. my apologies. -- GB

I wouldn't condemn a man for standing up what he believes in when he can logically explain to me why feels the way he does, unless, and until it infringes upon the rights of others.  I won't condemn you for anything you've said. While I may disagree with you, you are able to articulate why and how you came to your view points on this, so I have no issue with you or any decision you've made. Despite the beliefs of many here, I'm able to disagree respectfully.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Everyone connected with the FBI @ Ruby Ridge should be considered radioactive.
Sure, its Troys prerogative to hire/fire anyone he wants.  Its his company.

Its also our prerogative as consumers NOT to buy from TI.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#37]
I feel the need to add this comment. Regarding the re-occurring theme that we are our own worst enemy sometimes. I think this whole clusterfuck personifies that perfectly but not for the reasons most would think. It's not about eating one of our own (Toy Ind.) I think we do an outstanding job (for the most part) of policing our own and holding those who have the stage accountable.

The real tragedy here is that so many people are oblivious as to who Dale Monroe and Ruby Ridge is.  You young people that are clicking into this thread and making silly comments, if you really consider yourselves patriots and lovers of freedom then do EVERYONE a favor and educate yourself. Believe it or not, our Gov. perpetrating unspeakable evils again it's own people is not a recent development.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

America?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don't defend his actions nor deny the above. If you listen to the video, he states he would have taken the shot clearly and on multiple occasions, but he also says he would never fire if children or innocents were in harms way. So it's not black and white which is all I'm saying. Bad day to be in the FBI and he never says he would have killed Weaver, just that the shot at the man running away and into the cabin was justified. Everyone on that panel said the same thing if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not against what you are saying, I'm just against how tidy everyone wants it to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And this.

I don't defend his actions nor deny the above. If you listen to the video, he states he would have taken the shot clearly and on multiple occasions, but he also says he would never fire if children or innocents were in harms way. So it's not black and white which is all I'm saying. Bad day to be in the FBI and he never says he would have killed Weaver, just that the shot at the man running away and into the cabin was justified. Everyone on that panel said the same thing if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not against what you are saying, I'm just against how tidy everyone wants it to be.

Correct, those statements are contradictory.  Either one, or the other, is a lie.  Given that he repeated his willingness to take such a shot with the 20/20 hindsight that Vicki and child were behind that door (through which Vicki, at least, was visible from his position), it's fairly clear which statement most reflects his true feeling on the matter, and which is presented as hollow lip service to supplicate the righteous indignation directed at him.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Yeah

I hear Janet Reno is looking for a job......

Troy and all the defenders
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There's a difference though. Taking a shot at a suspected killer versus taking a shot at an innocent woman with a baby in her arms. That was all I was getting across. The man says clearly he would never take a shot with children in harms way. It's pulling one thing out of context and ignoring what he says later which contradicts this point everyone wants to push. I'm ok with taking info from the testimony, but take it all not just the parts which fit the argument.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He said he to would have taken the same shot. A shot on a person running away which required shooting at a spot and not the actual target. A shot which did not consider what was in the background. A shot which didnt need to be taken in the first place. A shot that killed a woman holding a baby. A shot where a womans older children saw their mothers face blown off.

IMHO Monroe's testimony was more about protecting the blue line than anything else. A fact that shows he has no integrity.

There's a difference though. Taking a shot at a suspected killer versus taking a shot at an innocent woman with a baby in her arms. That was all I was getting across. The man says clearly he would never take a shot with children in harms way. It's pulling one thing out of context and ignoring what he says later which contradicts this point everyone wants to push. I'm ok with taking info from the testimony, but take it all not just the parts which fit the argument.

Taking a shot at a man running away who, at that time, is presenting no threat to anyone, is murder if it's not in a war zone. Illegal ROEs or not, it's murder.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Monroe - is that you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monroe - is that you?

Fed's alter-ego?

At least he had the decency to bow out after his JBT statements.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I doubt anyone is going to look back into the wildfire that is this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll have to side with our resident tranny lovin' brony on this, as GoatBoy's statement presumes that there is no difference between Law Enforcement on US soil, and a Soldier in a war zone.

WTF M8.

I was wrong, apologized, and fixed my comment immediately. (It's on the previous page.)

I was cerakoting a Tavor. I never saw the original comment.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll have to side with our resident tranny lovin' brony on this, as GoatBoy's statement presumes that there is no difference between Law Enforcement on US soil, and a Soldier in a war zone.

WTF M8.

I was wrong, apologized, and fixed my comment immediately. (It's on the previous page.)

I was cerakoting a Tavor. I never saw the original comment.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#47]
straight up, the first kill was a crime also.

Camo clad men with at the most subdued patches spring up one YOUR property and start shooting, you shoot back.

If they were going to be compromised they should have announced themselves NOT started shooting first.

The whole thing was a crime that America should not have stood for, just like we should not have stood for Waco.

Complete abuse of power. We have a bad habit of not caring when the victims are not like us or "weird" etc.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:42:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He apologized for hiring the Chicago cop.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Just to put some facts into this to provide clarity:

- Troy Ind and Troy Asym are different companies.
- Steve Troy is the head of all things Troy.
- Management from each company under Steve is different, ie Troy Ind has nothing to do with Troy Asym.
- Kevin hired Jody and Monroe and had* authority to hire directly up to that incident.
- Steve found out about Jody and quickly jumped in and fired him.
- Steve was looking into Monroe hiring and addressing both issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly. This is what I have read, from Troy's own keyboard:

1. Troy and TA are searate entities.
2. Troy does not do the hiring at TA.
3. Troy let Weis go.

These 3 statements are inconsistent with each other. But then again, what I saw last December and just a few weeks ago with Troy regarding Dick's, and what they have said with this snafu is very inconsistent.

Just to put some facts into this to provide clarity:

- Troy Ind and Troy Asym are different companies.
- Steve Troy is the head of all things Troy.
- Management from each company under Steve is different, ie Troy Ind has nothing to do with Troy Asym.
- Kevin hired Jody and Monroe and had* authority to hire directly up to that incident.
- Steve found out about Jody and quickly jumped in and fired him.
- Steve was looking into Monroe hiring and addressing both issues.

Let's provide a bit more clarity on corporate structure and how closely they might actually be associated based on MA public record filings.
Troy Industries, Inc. has Steve Troy as Secretary, Treasurer, and Director. BBB reports 50 employees.
Troy Prepared, LLC. Same address. Only listed officer: Manager, Steve Troy
Troy Defense, LLC. Same address. Only listed officer: Manager, Steve Troy
Troy Asymmetric, LLC. Same address. Only listed officer: Manager, Steve Troy

My group's corporation has over 60 employees. The shareholders meet every single month. The business meeting includes the group president and our contact for the business office. We discuss new hires and staffing needs every time.  If someone is going to carry our brand, so to speak, you can believe we vet them carefully including verifying CV and reference information. That's with a company that has more registered officers than Troy and is a service-based business.

Either Steve knew exactly what was going on and who Kevin hired at the same address in a comparatively small business, or he runs his companies - especially one of his small LLCs - like Hazelwood ran the Exxon Valdez.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm out of here.

GB, you've really thrown yourself to the wolves by continuously beating that drum.  I hope you reconsider your position.
Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top