BCM
User Panel

Page / 41
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I appreciate having the opportunity to speak to members of this forum. Troy Asymmetric, part of the “World of Troy,” is a business entity with a director who until this past week, held exclusive hiring authority.  I am its owner, it bears my name and as we have witnessed in recent days, effects public opinion of all Troy divisions. Earlier this week, I terminated an instructor who did not support the Second Amendment as ardently as I and members of the community do.

Troy Asymmetric provides training to military and law enforcement personnel.  If you spend 5 seconds on the website you’ll see a graphical depiction of a bomb explosion - the primary focus of the company.  Take a moment to read the course list and you’ll note a common theme: training pertaining to explosions, bomb threats, post-blast crime scenes, incident command and crisis management.  Instructors’ primary areas of expertise lie in the “bomb world,” with EOD experience, critical incident response, and tactical decision making.  Some posters on the forum have said we only train “Jack Booted Thugs” and there is a secret agenda. These same posters conveniently ignore Troy Prepared: www.troyprepared.com. Troy Asymmetric to this date has offered no firearms training for Gov’t and LE, but in comparison, Troy Prepared has always offered firearms training to qualified civilians.  From a factual, non-emotional context, it is impossible to draw the conclusion that we somehow do not support the Second Amendment and are only training “secret army”.

On August 22, 1992, Dale was an HRT Operator tasked to a mission in which he found himself facing armed adversaries. His thoughts were not only on the situation at hand, but the tragic death of a child and a U.S. Marshal. During this type of confrontation when people die, you don’t have the ability to pick sides, they are drawn before you arrive. Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer.  He was fortunate not to have to take a life at this engagement. Special Agent Horiuchi made the regrettable shot, a mistake for which he will never be forgiven.  Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled “Mistakes and Lessons of Ruby Ridge”.  I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him.  Dale has not committed a criminal act, he answered all questions honestly, he did not cover anything up and he did not shoot anyone at Ruby Ridge. Dale was asked to join TA for his critical incident management expertise. Dale was never slated by TA for firearms instruction.

We all know from our biggest failures come the greatest lessons in life.  Providing training that is relevant with experienced, qualified instructors can prevent a tragedy like Ruby Ridge. Dale will be able to deliver this powerful message and lessons learned in crisis management and incident command.  I am driven and passionate about bringing effective change through pertinent training and speakers that have lived through these nightmares. Many times I have seen posts in forums that state “if you weren’t there then SDASTFU”, with that same school of thought, there is no one better than Dale to speak about tragedies like Ruby Ridge.

I have been a longtime and outspoken supporter of the Second Amendment.  I always choose to do what’s right, even if my stance goes against others opinion.  I will not throw this man to the wolves as he has demonstrated throughout his life high integrity and honor.  I know most of those who would disagree are using this forum to voice your anger towards the United States Government. In some cases that anger is justified. The Ruby Ridge tragedy and the loss of life there make no bigger example of abuse of power and Government gone wrong.  However, I disagree with your personal attacks on my family and company as we are not the Government and we are not training “Jack Booted Thugs”.  I am a patriot and I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of The United States, all of it. Those who have taken that same oath recognize the importance of keeping it. Thank you.  -Steve Troy
View Quote

Mr. Troy,

This thread seems to grow more quickly than I can read. I have read 90% 100% of it at this point. Please, cut to the chase. Please explain in synopsis what it is that Dale has to expound upon in red above. Please recognize that I am not trying to get a free education. Please recognize that I am offering you a method by which to limit your self induced pecuniary harm and to restore your standing as an honest man. We have all made mistakes in our lives.

Regards,.

Catargadelendaest

ps., Please PM me if you expect me myself to see your response.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"5. The position of Vicki Weaver. Horiuchi claims he
was unaware that Mrs. Weaver was standing behind the door when he shot through it at Harris. Yet again, Horiuchi's testi- mony on this point has been less than consistent. Horiuchi tes- tified that, when he fired at Harris, he thought someone else might be standing behind the door, because Harris"was trying to hold the door open or moving somebody out of the way." Id. at 108. Other witnesses, too, contradict Horiuchi's claim. Sara Weaver testified that the curtain on the door was open, see Preliminary Hearing Testimony at 21, and so Horiuchi could have seen her mother through the glass pane on the door. Both Sara and Randy Weaver testified that, after the first shot, Vicki Weaver came onto the porch and called out,and so Horiuchi could have seen or heard her. See id. at 10, 92. Of course, there is evidence that supports Horiuchi's ver- sion as well. But there remain disputed facts on this issue. If Horiuchi shot through the door knowing, or having reason to believe, someone else was standing behind it, then his second shot could not be deemed reasonable."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really, a sub MOA shooter and sub MOA gun shot the wrong person? That must take some incredible mental agility to believe.

He must have really sucked if its true.

Did you miss the part about her being behind a door?

A door with a window, and the curtains tied back...

was unaware that Mrs. Weaver was standing behind the door when he shot through it at Harris. Yet again, Horiuchi's testi- mony on this point has been less than consistent. Horiuchi tes- tified that, when he fired at Harris, he thought someone else might be standing behind the door, because Harris"was trying to hold the door open or moving somebody out of the way." Id. at 108. Other witnesses, too, contradict Horiuchi's claim. Sara Weaver testified that the curtain on the door was open, see Preliminary Hearing Testimony at 21, and so Horiuchi could have seen her mother through the glass pane on the door. Both Sara and Randy Weaver testified that, after the first shot, Vicki Weaver came onto the porch and called out,and so Horiuchi could have seen or heard her. See id. at 10, 92. Of course, there is evidence that supports Horiuchi's ver- sion as well. But there remain disputed facts on this issue. If Horiuchi shot through the door knowing, or having reason to believe, someone else was standing behind it, then his second shot could not be deemed reasonable."

Option A:  It was an accidental shooting, Horiuchi could not see through the door.
Option B: It was an accidental shooting, Horiuchi could see Vicki but did not plan to kill her
Option C: It was an intentional shooting, Horiuchi could see Vicki and planned to kill her.

Result:  FBI used her death to mock, humiliate and traumatize her husband and her children.  They intentionally FLAUNTED her death as a badge of honor for them.  A coup.  A successful completion of of intentional action.

Where is the offer of a cease-fire?  Where is the attempt to send in medical care for Vicki?  The direct intervention of MONROE who KNEW or CLAIMED it was an accidental shooting to DIRECTLY intercede on her behalf and prevent her death?

Crickets from Monroe.

TRG

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Really, a sub MOA shooter and sub MOA gun shot the wrong person? That must take some incredible mental agility to believe.

View Quote

As a former SWAT sniper this is what I can't reconcile. I've been through the training and the real world deployments.  I've had to take "those shots".   Trying to claim he "missed" is not credible.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I though he was shooting at Harris, whom he also hit?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have a problem saying I think Horiuchi specifically targeted Vicki. She was a static target. He knew the emotional toll her death would take on his enemy. he knew he could claim he was shooting at Randy.

It's no coincidence that the psychological warfare via loudspeakers used her name.

He only hit Harris after the bullet went through Vicky Weaver's face.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Option A:  It was an accidental shooting, Horiuchi could not see through the door.
Option B: It was an accidental shooting, Horiuchi could see Vicki but did not plan to kill her
Option C: It was an intentional shooting, Horiuchi could see Vicki and planned to kill her.

Result:  FBI used her death to mock, humiliate and traumatize her husband and her children.  They intentionally FLAUNTED her death as a badge of honor for them.  A coup.  A successful completion of of intentional action.

Where is the offer of a cease-fire?  Where is the attempt to send in medical care for Vicki?  The direct intervention of MONROE who KNEW or CLAIMED it was an accidental shooting to DIRECTLY intercede on her behalf and prevent her death?

Crickets from Monroe.

TRG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you miss the part about her being behind a door?

A door with a window, and the curtains tied back...

Crickets from Monroe.

TRG

Two decades' worth of crickets, for all I can discover.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"4. Was Horiuchi reasonably sure of his target? Even if Horiuchi's story about his concern for the helicopter is believed, it still does not explain why he shot Harris rather than Randy Weaver. After all, Horiuchi only observed one of the two men holding a rifle and making menacing gestures toward the helicopter. This observation might have justified shooting that man, certainly not the other one. Knowingly shooting the man who did not threaten the helicopter, just because he was armed and in the vicinity, would not have been constitutionally permissible. Indeed, Horiuchi does not attempt to justify shooting Harris on this basis. Rather, he claims that he made a mistake--that he shot Harris when he meant to shoot Weaver.
Horiuchi, once again, contradicts himself. During the Wea- ver criminal trial, he testified that the two men were dressed in similar black clothing and he could not tell them apart. See Horiuchi Testimony, p. 6947 supra, at 238-39. If this testi- mony is credited, then Horiuchi would have had no cause to believe that Weaver was the second man running into the cabin, rather than the first. At most, it would establish that Horiuchi thought there was a 50/50 chance the man he was shooting was the one he had seen threatening the helicopter. This is far less certainty than an officer must have before tak- ing human life."

This and previous post's quotes from
http://fl1.findlaw.com/news.findlaw.com/cnn/docs/rubyridge/idhoriuchi60501.pdf
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have a problem saying I think Horiuchi specifically targeted Vicki. She was a static target. He knew the emotional toll her death would take on his enemy. he knew he could claim he was shooting at Randy.

It's no coincidence that the psychological warfare via loudspeakers used her name.

Sorry. Harris. You are correct.

"4. Was Horiuchi reasonably sure of his target? Even if Horiuchi's story about his concern for the helicopter is believed, it still does not explain why he shot Harris rather than Randy Weaver. After all, Horiuchi only observed one of the two men holding a rifle and making menacing gestures toward the helicopter. This observation might have justified shooting that man, certainly not the other one. Knowingly shooting the man who did not threaten the helicopter, just because he was armed and in the vicinity, would not have been constitutionally permissible. Indeed, Horiuchi does not attempt to justify shooting Harris on this basis. Rather, he claims that he made a mistake--that he shot Harris when he meant to shoot Weaver.
Horiuchi, once again, contradicts himself. During the Wea- ver criminal trial, he testified that the two men were dressed in similar black clothing and he could not tell them apart. See Horiuchi Testimony, p. 6947 supra, at 238-39. If this testi- mony is credited, then Horiuchi would have had no cause to believe that Weaver was the second man running into the cabin, rather than the first. At most, it would establish that Horiuchi thought there was a 50/50 chance the man he was shooting was the one he had seen threatening the helicopter. This is far less certainty than an officer must have before tak- ing human life."

This and previous post's quotes from
http://fl1.findlaw.com/news.findlaw.com/cnn/docs/rubyridge/idhoriuchi60501.pdf

I got to talk to Kozinski last year at a seminar.   Brilliant man, and he writes a hell of an opinion.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have BCM, LaRue, or Noveske said anything publicly on the subject yet?
View Quote

Each should start a new thread so that their positions can be widely understood.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#9]
*nevermind
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:19:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

404 Atrocities Not Found. Taking up arms against an overwhelmingly superior force has a predictable outcome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Troy fan. Like I said, I read the Wikipedia since the thread started, so I'm basically an expert now.

So you admittedly are willing to overlook the atrocities at RR and the fuck ups by those involved because your a fan of Troys products?  Your moral compass is on par with the company you'd like to keep.  Pathetic.

404 Atrocities Not Found. Taking up arms against an overwhelmingly superior force has a predictable outcome.

Holy shit.  Go back to the Warsaw Ghetto and shoot some Jews while you are at it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Mr. Troy,

This thread seems to grow more quickly than I can read. I have read 90% of it at this point. Please, cut to the chase. Please explain in synopsis what it is that Dale has to expound upon in red above. Please recognize that I am not trying to get a free education. Please recognize that I am offering you a method by which to limit your self induced pecuniary harm and your standing as an honest man. We have all made mistakes in our lives.

Regards,.

Catargadelendaest

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I appreciate having the opportunity to speak to members of this forum. Troy Asymmetric, part of the “World of Troy,” is a business entity with a director who until this past week, held exclusive hiring authority.  I am its owner, it bears my name and as we have witnessed in recent days, effects public opinion of all Troy divisions. Earlier this week, I terminated an instructor who did not support the Second Amendment as ardently as I and members of the community do.

Troy Asymmetric provides training to military and law enforcement personnel.  If you spend 5 seconds on the website you’ll see a graphical depiction of a bomb explosion - the primary focus of the company.  Take a moment to read the course list and you’ll note a common theme: training pertaining to explosions, bomb threats, post-blast crime scenes, incident command and crisis management.  Instructors’ primary areas of expertise lie in the “bomb world,” with EOD experience, critical incident response, and tactical decision making.  Some posters on the forum have said we only train “Jack Booted Thugs” and there is a secret agenda. These same posters conveniently ignore Troy Prepared: www.troyprepared.com. Troy Asymmetric to this date has offered no firearms training for Gov’t and LE, but in comparison, Troy Prepared has always offered firearms training to qualified civilians.  From a factual, non-emotional context, it is impossible to draw the conclusion that we somehow do not support the Second Amendment and are only training “secret army”.

On August 22, 1992, Dale was an HRT Operator tasked to a mission in which he found himself facing armed adversaries. His thoughts were not only on the situation at hand, but the tragic death of a child and a U.S. Marshal. During this type of confrontation when people die, you don’t have the ability to pick sides, they are drawn before you arrive. Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer.  He was fortunate not to have to take a life at this engagement. Special Agent Horiuchi made the regrettable shot, a mistake for which he will never be forgiven.  Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled “Mistakes and Lessons of Ruby Ridge”.  I weighed carefully the decision whether or not to retain Dale and could find no ethical or moral reason to remove him.  Dale has not committed a criminal act, he answered all questions honestly, he did not cover anything up and he did not shoot anyone at Ruby Ridge. Dale was asked to join TA for his critical incident management expertise. Dale was never slated by TA for firearms instruction.

We all know from our biggest failures come the greatest lessons in life.  Providing training that is relevant with experienced, qualified instructors can prevent a tragedy like Ruby Ridge. Dale will be able to deliver this powerful message and lessons learned in crisis management and incident command.  I am driven and passionate about bringing effective change through pertinent training and speakers that have lived through these nightmares. Many times I have seen posts in forums that state “if you weren’t there then SDASTFU”, with that same school of thought, there is no one better than Dale to speak about tragedies like Ruby Ridge.

I have been a longtime and outspoken supporter of the Second Amendment.  I always choose to do what’s right, even if my stance goes against others opinion.  I will not throw this man to the wolves as he has demonstrated throughout his life high integrity and honor.  I know most of those who would disagree are using this forum to voice your anger towards the United States Government. In some cases that anger is justified. The Ruby Ridge tragedy and the loss of life there make no bigger example of abuse of power and Government gone wrong.  However, I disagree with your personal attacks on my family and company as we are not the Government and we are not training “Jack Booted Thugs”.  I am a patriot and I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution of The United States, all of it. Those who have taken that same oath recognize the importance of keeping it. Thank you.  -Steve Troy

Mr. Troy,

This thread seems to grow more quickly than I can read. I have read 90% of it at this point. Please, cut to the chase. Please explain in synopsis what it is that Dale has to expound upon in red above. Please recognize that I am not trying to get a free education. Please recognize that I am offering you a method by which to limit your self induced pecuniary harm and your standing as an honest man. We have all made mistakes in our lives.

Regards,.

Catargadelendaest

Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#13]
If you really want someone to be upset with, ask why Kevin G. Miles (Directory of Troy Asymmetric and Troy Prepared) hired both Weis and Monroe.

Mr. Miles has strange taste in employees.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Actually you have a lot of that wrong.

Weaver was arrested by US Marshals posing as stranded motorists on the NFA charge.

Weaver told them the next time they tried to arrest him there would be blood spilled.

He never planned to attend the court hearing, told them as much. Wrong date and warrant thing only fueled his paranoia (don't blame him)

US Attorneys office hired Weaver his own lawyer. Offered to negotiate his surrender, he refused.

Vicki Weaver then starts sending letters to the local newspapers and US Attorneys office basically saying come up here on the mountain and get Randy if you have the balls.

Newspapers start going with why is is the white racist guy with outstanding warrants not being arrested putting pressure on US Attorney.

US Attorney sends US Marshals up on the mountain to install surveillance devices not engage anyone.

Then the shooting happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, here's a brief synopsis of Ruby Ridge for the unaware:

ATF guy undercover: "Hey Randy, can you shorten a shotgun for me?"

Weaver: "Sure, but I can't cut it under 18". Here you go."

ATD guy undercover: "HAHA! BUSTED, MOTHERFUCKER! IT'S UNDER 26" OVERALL! BURN!!!"

Weaver: "WTF?"

ATF: "We can make this go away if you join the Aryan Nations group down the road and spy on them for us..."

Weaver: "Fuck you."

*Weaver arrested, charged with gun crimes*

*court sends wrong court date to Weaver, so Weaver didn't show up for court*

Judge: "Arrest Weaver for Failure To Appear."

USMS: "Ok."

Someone: "Hey Judge, we sent Weaver the wrong court date. You should stop the warrant."

Judge: "Fuck him. No way."

USMS: "Well, we should wait & see if he shows up first, and if not we'll go get him."

US District Attorney: "Fuck him. Go get him now."

USMS: "Ok."

Geraldo Rivera: "HEY EVERYONE! LOOK At ME! THE WEAVERS SHOT AT ME!!!!"

Media: "The Weavers shot at a media chopper."

USMS: "No they didn't, but let's say they did anyway because fuck him, that's why.

* US Marshals, dressed in camo hiding on Weaver property, shoot Weaver's son's dog, firefight ensues killing Weaver's son & a USMS Marshal*

*Rules Of Engagement created*

Lon & Dale: "SWEET! WE CAN SHOOT EVERYBODY ALL UP IN THIS BITCH! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

Other cops: "WTF???????"

Lon: *BANG* = dead unarmed woman holding a baby

Dale: "Good shoot, bro. I totally woulda shot her in her fucking face but you did it first. Jerk."

Lon: "Well, off to Waco. Gotta get some more face-shooting time in."

Dale: "Later. I'll tell congress you were totally righteous!"

Troy: "Hey Dale, want a job?"

Weaver was arrested by US Marshals posing as stranded motorists on the NFA charge.

Weaver told them the next time they tried to arrest him there would be blood spilled.

He never planned to attend the court hearing, told them as much. Wrong date and warrant thing only fueled his paranoia (don't blame him)

US Attorneys office hired Weaver his own lawyer. Offered to negotiate his surrender, he refused.

Vicki Weaver then starts sending letters to the local newspapers and US Attorneys office basically saying come up here on the mountain and get Randy if you have the balls.

Newspapers start going with why is is the white racist guy with outstanding warrants not being arrested putting pressure on US Attorney.

US Attorney sends US Marshals up on the mountain to install surveillance devices not engage anyone.

Sure, I left a lot out. I'm no Weaver fan, seeing as how he'd never want me as a neighbor and all, but I still think I hit the high points pretty well. Granted, the "dialog" is fictionalized, but pretty much ever single line is based on actual sourced facts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was a very bad business all around. I can't help but wonder if they might have been able to actually secure multiple convictions against Weaver and his family if it had been handled better. It ended up with people dead and the survivors receiving millions of dollars, instead of an opportunity to cleanly prove guilt.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

As a former SWAT sniper this is what I can't reconcile. I've been through the training and the real world deployments.  I've had to take "those shots".   Trying to claim he "missed" is not credible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear you,

18C4VW8
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No.  (I read your pre-edit.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
*nevermind

No.  (I read your pre-edit.)

*experiment*
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This is how I feel. Not comfortable spending my cash on Troy stuff in the future
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you for posting. We might not agree with every decision, but it matters that you stand and speak. I hope the other posters will be respectful.

Agreed.  Respectfully speaking, Troy can make their business decisions as they see fit, and I can make by buying decisions as I see fit.

This is how I feel. Not comfortable spending my cash on Troy stuff in the future

This.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It was a very bad business all around. I can't help but wonder if they might have been able to actually secure multiple convictions against Weaver and his family if it had been handled better. It ended up with people dead and the survivors receiving millions of dollars, instead of an opportunity to cleanly prove guilt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was no guilt, except on the part of our loving government.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you really want someone to be upset with, ask why Kevin G. Miles (Directory of Troy Asymmetric and Troy Prepared) hired both Weis and Monroe.

View Quote

Mr. Troy has strange taste in employees, if he'll hire someone who hires people like that. I believe, based on the totality of what I've read, that Mr. Troy was fully aware and supportive of their employment.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Combining some posts from deep in the thread for the day crew:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

Before the negotiators arrived at the cabin, FBI sniper Lon Horiuchi, from a position over 200 yards north and above the Weaver cabin,[49] shot and wounded Randy Weaver in the back with the bullet exiting his right armpit, while he was lifting the latch on the shed to visit the body of his dead son. (The sniper testified at the later trial that he had put his crosshairs on Weaver's spine, but Weaver moved at the last second.) Then, as Weaver, his 16-year-old daughter Sara,[51] and Harris ran back toward the house, Horiuchi fired a second bullet, blowing off half of Vicki Weaver's face and killing her,[52] and wounded Harris in the chest. Vicki Weaver was standing behind the door through which Harris was entering the house, holding their 10-month-old baby Elisheba[51] in her arms.[53] The Department of Justice Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) Ruby Ridge Task Force Report (June 10, 1994) stated in section I. Executive Summary subhead B. Significant Findings that the second shot did not satisfy constitutional standards for legal use of deadly force.[54] The OPR review also found the lack of a request to surrender was "inexcusable", since Harris and the two Weavers were running for cover without returning fire and were not an imminent threat. The task force also specifically blamed Horiuchi for firing through the door, not knowing whether someone was on the other side of it. While controversy exists as to who is responsible for approving the ROE that were being followed by the sniper, the task force also condemned the so-called "rules of engagement" allowing shots to be fired with no request for surrender.

http://tech.mit.edu/V115/N41/rubyridges.41w.html

Dale R. Monroe, the partner of FBI hostage rescue team leader Lon Horiuchi - who fired the fatal shot - said he was preparing to fire but didn't only because Horiuchi fired first.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/gangsters_outlaws/cops_others/randy_weaver/15.html

As Kevin Harris made his way through the doorway, Horiuchi placed the cross hairs of his rifle's scope on the edge of the door and fired a second shot. The bullet penetrated the door window, passed through Vicki Weaver's head and struck Kevin Harris in the left arm and chest. The bullet had miraculously missed baby Elisheba. Vicki Weaver fell to her knees, still holding her baby, and cried out in agony for approximately 30 seconds before slumping to the floor and succumbing to her fatal injury.

The psychological warfare became even worse the following day. "Good morning Mrs. Weaver," Fred Lanceley, an FBI negotiator, called out. "We had pancakes this morning. And what did you have for breakfast? Why don't you send your children out for some pancakes, Mrs. Weaver?" Following the statements made by the negotiator, the whole family began sobbing loudly. The phone, which had been placed outside the cabin door, rang continuously every 15 minutes as the negotiator continued yelling through the bull horn, at times stating that if they failed to come out, they were all going to die.

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I remember Ruby Ridge back when it first made the news. It is as disturbing now as it was then. That big Nuremburg-esque million dollar question comes back to haunt me. How and why do good people do bad things under the color of authority?

The reasons could be as varied as the individual shortcomings, group/peer pressure, intimidation from higher authority, et. al. No one knows what evil lurks in every man's mind (to use the expression loosely), but I've gained some wee insight into Dale Monroe's.

The following is an excerpt from the "Senate Judiciary Committee Testimony:  FBI Director Louis Freeh (Oct. 19, 1995)" in reference to Ruby Ridge.
Full page here: http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/weaver/freehtestimony.html

Senator KOHL. All right. Mr. Freeh, over the last few weeks, every FBI agent who has testified has told us that the rules of engagement had no impact on the events at Ruby Ridge. In their opinion, the rules might be unconstitutional as written, but the Hostage Rescue Team snipers knew how to properly apply them.

I find this hard to believe. We cannot help but think that the rules of engagement impacted the snipers in some way. Even Ms. Gorelick testified yesterday that she believes that they had some effect on the snipers' state of mind.

Let me read to you what some of the Hostage Rescue Team Snipers said was their understanding of the rules of engagement. Dale Monroe said that "We had a green light to use deadly force against any armed adult male." And Mark Tilton said, "We were told that we should use deadly force if no children were endangered."

That doesn't sound like the deadly force standard policy to me. The Denver SWAT team had a very different attitude. Their team leader told his team members the rules, then directed them to basically ignore the rules. First he told his team members the rules, and then he told them to basically ignore the rules and apply deadly force standard policy. In fact, when one of the SWAT team members heard the rules, he said, "You've got to be kidding."

So I would like to ask you this: Is it reasonable to believe that the rules saying that you "can and should" use deadly force might very well have had some impact, especially on the second shot?

There doesn't seem to be any disputing that the Rules of Engagement were vague or simply FUBAR. But what is interesting is how different individuals or group(s) interpreted them. With Mr Monroe's take being the more generous in justifying a homicide (out of the examples shown... Mr. Horiuchi, the shooter, refused to testify).

I can't help but think that at worst Dale Monroe was clouded by anger and intent on vindicating the death of Deputy Marshal Degan. At best, Monroe's moral compass is so out of whack that the ROE seemed perfectly fine. At least that's the impression I get in his other testimony (ie: taking the shot but Horiuchi got there first). Obviously, Denver SWAT did a WTF and ditched the ROE altogether. Kudos to them, by the way.

I don't necessarily care what Troy Ind. does. As a personal choice, however, I refuse to buy any of their products in the future - for two conjoined reasons: (1) I'm distrustful of anyone who would hire and defend an individual who has demonstrated such a gross lack of moral judgement and character and (2) That gross lack of moral character is one of several faces of an historic and egregious case of my government acting toward its own self-interests with little to any regard for the safety of its people or sanctity of its Constitution.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't agree nor disagree on all charges. There is presumption of innocence until proven guilty, but some of the parties died before they had an opportunity to be tried in a court of law. The investigation was tainted, and the only conviction against Weaver was for failure to appear.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:32:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There's a difference though. Taking a shot at a suspected killer versus taking a shot at an innocent woman with a baby in her arms. That was all I was getting across. The man says clearly he would never take a shot with children in harms way. It's pulling one thing out of context and ignoring what he says later which contradicts this point everyone wants to push. I'm ok with taking info from the testimony, but take it all not just the parts which fit the argument.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He said he to would have taken the same shot. A shot on a person running away which required shooting at a spot and not the actual target. A shot which did not consider what was in the background. A shot which didnt need to be taken in the first place. A shot that killed a woman holding a baby. A shot where a womans older children saw their mothers face blown off.

IMHO Monroe's testimony was more about protecting the blue line than anything else. A fact that shows he has no integrity.

There's a difference though. Taking a shot at a suspected killer versus taking a shot at an innocent woman with a baby in her arms. That was all I was getting across. The man says clearly he would never take a shot with children in harms way. It's pulling one thing out of context and ignoring what he says later which contradicts this point everyone wants to push. I'm ok with taking info from the testimony, but take it all not just the parts which fit the argument.

A year after the fact, having time to reflect, knowing that the shot hit and killed an innocent person, Dale Monroe goes on record stating he thought BOTH shots were constitutional.  That seems pretty contradictory to testimony about not taking a shot with children in harms way.  He didn't know children were in harms way when Lon took his shots.  He did after the fact, and after the fact he still thought the shots were constitutional.  Connect the dots?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I can't agree nor disagree on all charges. There is presumption of innocence until proven guilty, but some of the parties died before they had an opportunity to be tried in a court of law. The investigation was tainted, and the only conviction against Weaver was for failure to appear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Failure to appear for a bullshit charge to begin with. Just my .02
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:34:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Lets get Goatboy. Lets get him
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm all out of torches.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Crickets from Monroe.

TRG

View Quote

This is the source of my anger on the subject.

It is subhuman behaviour and I will not knowingly contribute any money to anyone who was involved with it, directly or indirectly. There wasn't one of them who didn't know it was wrong when they did it. here wasn't a one of them who didn't know it was srong when they didn't stand up to it.

I take Monroe staying there as his approval of this, even if he didn't do it himself. (and I don't know if he did or didn't)

If I was a member of that team, I would have told my CO those taunts would serve as my notice of resignation and I would have left the site, and the job, right then and there.

You either stand for something or you don't. I won't take part in something my parents would have been ashamed of me for being a part of. My old man would have been seething pissed, had I described that scene to him. I have to be honest, I'm pretty pissed over it myself.

If Troy is OK with it, that's their business. It will preclude me from doing business with them, however.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
And all of the Weavers would be alive today if they'd fought in court instead of in the woods. You're defending people who chose to have an armed standoff with the man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will still be buying Troy products before during and after all of this internet drama.

Same here. I saw this post first appear on the front page and knew it would be a shit storm. The people here are like a lynch mob, and there's nothing Troy could do to appease them. I wouldn't have even given them the satisfaction of an apology if I were Steve Troy. His business is perfectly sustainable catering just to military and law enforcement. I like the Troy slide on rear sling point rings, they save me the trouble of having to take off the buffer tube, especially if the castle nuts are staked.

And to get so wound up about the Weavers? A bunch of criminal lunatics that, given a chance to surrender, knowing they were facing certain death, chose death with their kids in the line of fire. Yeah, try to sink an innovative, profitable gun company in their names.

Because everyone, even a criminal lunatic, is afforded due process.

I like my multiple sets of Troy BUIS and rails. Their business decision is that they're better off focusing on military and law enforcement, and they hired some notorious characters. They proudly proclaimed it. Now we will all see how those decisions affect their business. They will probably do fine, just as you say.

It's not getting wound about the Weavers. It's getting wound about someone who was a cheerleader for aggressive ROE that were well outside the ethical or legal bounds for domestic use of deadly force, being hired to continue training people. The Weavers needed to be brought to justice. It wasn't the on-site team's responsibility to summarily administer justice and execute, yet they abrogated their positions as holders of the public trust by doing just that.

And all of the Weavers would be alive today if they'd fought in court instead of in the woods. You're defending people who chose to have an armed standoff with the man.

So, after the BATF failed to initially coerce Randy Weaver into becoming their CI and infiltrate the Aryan Nations - remember that every one else the BATF had sent to do that was murdered and no one brought to justice for it; the BATF sent another CI to badger Weaver into cutting down a shotgun barrel for him.

I mean really. Only a criminal lunatic would refuse the BATF's orders, right?

That CI then turned in that shotgun to his BATF handlers and suddenly it's a 1/4" too short (barrel or OAL). Obviously a criminal lunatic, I mean the BATF wouldn't set someone up to force them to do something - I mean just because they have before and since...

So the BATF got Weaver in again and told him that if he didn't become their CI and go on this suicide mission to infiltrate the murderous Aryan Nation, they would convict him, take his children and put then in foster care, and ruin his life.

For some reason, at that point Randy and Vicki Weaver decided they couldn't trust the Federal government. Can't imagine why. Must have been criminal lunatics.

Then, while Weaver was awaiting a hearing, the ATF had the AUSA change the hearing date so Weaver missed it. Then they put out a fugitive warrant. All of this came out in court - but more on that trial later.

So they turned the pressure up. Become a CI and infiltrate or else. Really! Only a criminal lunatic wouldn't respond to that.

Strangely convinced for some bizarre reason that they just couldn't trust the Federal government or the Federal courts, the Weavers basically became recluses on their own property to avoid the fate the BATF promised them.

So the BATF turned the warrant over to the US Marshals' Service. Strangely, the BATF never told the Marshals' Service why the situation was what it was.

All of this came out in court - at the criminal lunatic's trial. The US Senate investigative committee later faulted both the BATF and the USMS - the Senate Committee especially faulted the USMS profile of Weaver, which was initially wrong and never corrected. You can read that yourself (Ruby Ridge: Report of the Subcommittee on Terrorism, Technology and Government Information of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary, 1995).

Then the US Marshals' Special Operations Group initiated covert surveillance of their property. Now, I won't bore you with the rest of it. How the Marshal's surveillance recon team of Marshals Degan, Cooper and Roderick were discovered by Weavers' dog and how Sammy Weaver and Randy Harris went to investigate, etc. That's all in the referenced report. Notice I said 14-year old Sammy Weaver and Randy Harris. That criminal lunatic Randy and his criminal lunatic wife Vicki were not involved in that shooting. Sammy was. he's dead.

And I won't talk about the siege and the outrageously illegal ROE that violated FBI standards that lead to HRT sniper Lon Hourichi shooting Randy Weaver in the back and then killing Vicki Weaver. Nor will we belabor that former HRT commander and then Deputy Director of the FBI, Danny Coulson said that:

OPR 004477

Something to Consider

1. Charge against Weaver is Bull Shit.

2. No one saw Weaver do any shooting.

3. Vicki has no charges against her.

4. Weaver's defense. He ran down the hill to see what dog was barking at. Some guys in camys shot his dog.

Started shooting at him. Killed his son. Harris did the shooting [of Degan]. He [Weaver] is in pretty strong legal position."

Which is in the Senate Report above. Nor will I drag out that the Department of Justice Office of Professional Responsibility said the HRT ROE at Ruby Ridge were illegal and unconstitutional - and so were Hourichi's shots.

Let's look at what the courts decided.

What was this criminal lunatic convicted of? In court, Weaver was acquitted on every count except two: (1) missing his initial hearing date and (2) violating his bail conditions. He was sentenced to 18 months, with time served, he served 4 months.

Kevin Harris, who was in the fire fight with the US Marshal's recon team, was acquitted on all charges. There was a move to try him later in Idaho state court for manslaughter, but it was dismissed.

After the FBI and DOJ's 542-page report (never released except in an excerpt), the Senate held hearings. The Senate wasn't happy. Read it yourself.

Then Weaver and the surviving girls sued the US Government for wrongful death of Vicki Weaver. Well, that criminal lunatic and his criminal lunatic family lost, right? No. The US Government settled out of court. $100K to Randy and $1 Million to each girl. Even Kevin Harris received $380K despite the DOJ saying they'd never settle with an alleged-but-aquitted cop killer.

So, yeah, the Weavers were criminal lunatics for distrusting the Federal government. I mean, really! What made them think that?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Mr. Troy has strange taste in employees, if he'll hire someone who hires people like that. I believe, based on the totality of what I've read, that Mr. Troy was fully aware and supportive of their employment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I look at it this way - ARFCOM can do what they want, and unless my membership fees are going to pay Mr. Troy, his businesses, or his employees directly I don't have any issue with ARFCOM maintaining whatever partnerships are best for the Avila's.

As for Mr. Troy and Mr. Miles - I will not purchase goods or services if I know that the purchase will in any way enrich them. That is my only way to show my disapproval of their choices in the matter of the original hiring of Mr. Weis and the continued relationship with Mr. Monroe.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm all out of torches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm all out of torches.

We'll use matches. And sporks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm all out of torches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm all out of torches.

I have 2 left, but I'm saving them.

You got lucky today Goatboy, lucky indeed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

TRG
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#38]
WTF is this about and where did this start.  im lost.

cliff notes for someone who just found this 24 pg thread that started last night who doesnt understand what TROYs invovlement is and how it started?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#39]
I've gotten along to this point with not owning a single Troy product.  I think I'll manage without them in the future.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

+1

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

TRG

Way, way too much goat on goat action here.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The Department of Justice Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) Ruby Ridge Task Force Report (June 10, 1994) stated in section I. Executive Summary subhead B. Significant Findings that the second shot did not satisfy constitutional standards for legal use of deadly force.
View Quote

I read this and think "I know what would have happened to me, a street level cop, if I did that."
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

cliff notes for someone who just found this 24 pg thread that started last night who doesnt understand what TROYs invovlement is and how it started?
View Quote

1. Troy hired an anti gun former head of the Chicago PD.
2. The hive revolted
3. While Troy was backpedalling and firing said former head of Chicago PD, the hive started looking into Troy's other employees.
4. It turns out that Troy employs the partner of the sniper that shot Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge
5. The hive responded with pitchforks and torches
6. Troy doubled down and basically told the hive to pound sand.
7. The hive is trying to decide what to do next
8. GoatBoy fell on his sword
9. Some members of the hive are circling the remains of GoatBoy like a pack of wolves.

ETA: I can't spell torches today.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#43]
People wondering why Monroe won't come out and speak contrary to his sworn statements are pretty naive.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
People wondering why Monroe won't come out and speak contrary to his sworn statements are pretty naive.
View Quote

I'm more interested in why Steve Troy is claiming Monroe has worked tirelessly against his sworn statements without backing it up.

Someone is not being honest. There's not enough info to know who that is.
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That wasn't my sword...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That wasn't my sword...

ewww..
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That wasn't my sword...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That wasn't my sword...

So is ARFCOM gonna part ways with Troy?
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

2. The hive revolted
3. While Troy was backpedalling and firing said former head of Chicago PD, the hive started looking into Troy's other employees.
4. It turns out that Troy employs the partner of the sniper that shot Vicki Weaver at Ruby Ridge
9. Some members of the hive are circling the remains of GoatBoy like a pack of wolves.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2. The hive revolted

sweet...
Thanks for the recap...

NOW BURN BITCHES!!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That wasn't my sword...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That wasn't my sword...

Link Posted: 8/27/2013 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This thread is the first time I have ever put someone on the ignore list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're such an amiable fellow. Is everyone from Idaho like this?

I think I know a thing or two about rule of law and due process. I used to have to meet with the saranwal once a week to try to get him to actually charge people that were arrested. A country without the rule of law is chaos. I think you feel like the FBI transgressed against the rule of law, whereas I feel like the Weavers did. I do feel like I'm failing to convey how very, very little I care about the whole situation though. IIRC an FBI agent shot and killed Ibragim Todashev in his own apartment, as soon as the local cops left him alone with him. And you don't see people here up in arms about that... Not that I'm saying they should, but if you're going to get pissy about the FBI schwacking people, you could pick something more current...

Let's just get down to brass tacks, shall we? Do you think the NFA is constitutional and/or good law?

I don't think it's constitutional due to the closure of the machine gun registry. When you pass an excise tax on the trade\commerce of some item as part of the tax code, and then refuse to accept the tax, you've likely exceeded the authority outlined in the constitution by creating a de facto ban. IIRC Rock River Arms won a federal district court case on that argument and the US Attorney chose not to appeal. It was based on a full auto 1911. I'm not a lawyer or anything though. I tend to have a broader view of the scope of government authority beyond strictly what's spelled out in the constitution.

Is it a good law? Probably overall, no. But personally the investment value in the 2 machine guns that I have far outweigh any utility I might gain from actually owning\shooting new machineguns if the NFA were to magically disappear. You have to figure there are plenty of people with hundreds of thousands of dollars tied up in guns that would be made nearly worthless overnight.

Good thing nobody felt that way when the '94-'04 AWB expired and (standard) hi-cap mags were available at reasonable prices again.

PS
Using money paid (and value gained) as a result of an Unconstitutional restriction as a reason for upholding said restrictions is the excuse of a scumbag.

I have continued to observe the things you've said through several pages, trying to find a shred of reason for your perspective...or an interest in freedom and liberty FOR ALL...but after your statement here, I don't think I'm going to ever see one.

*click*

This thread is the first time I have ever put someone on the ignore list.

Yeah- well, you're new.  

My ignore list grows and grows, and my Arfcom/GD life is better for it.

I find it especially pleasing (or validating, or whatever) when I discover someone on my ignore list gets banned.  
Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top