BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/ec/ec17b48c6474f65f3132a387b60983d10386b54c866d75aa2dea685a4aff8cd5.jpg

Too bad your words will fall mostly onto deaf ears. At least we have the pleasure of watching new car customers tormenting themselves mentally.

I'll be happy if I never walk into a franchise dealership again. the average gravel lot customer is much easier to deal with....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus H Christ this is NOT HARD.  90% of the posts in this thread are a "HOW TO GET FUCKED AT A DEALERSHIP" or "how to over complicate a simple process there by wasting a shit load of my time."

OP, this is how you get the best deal every single fucking time.  

I say this in every thread but it's the 100% truth coming from someone who spent years in the car business

Step 1: find the EXACT effing car you want down to the smallest of options. Don't hem and haw, don't pine over getting the glowing cup holder, know EXACTLY what you fucking want BEFORE you dare step onto a car lot.

Step 2: For a new car, email every dealer from that manufacturer in your town contacting their internet sales department. see if they have your car, and tell them you are willing to pay dealer invoice minus all incentives (look online and KNOW THE INCENTIVES THAT APPLY) and not one cent over. Which ever one agrees go see them.
2A: for a used car you'll need to do more research finding info on what cars like the one you want are selling for, we can discuss that later.

You guys all think that dealers have all of this magic markup when in realty for most dealers every car that goes out the door is damn near a loss and they make it up in the service department.  If you don't know the invoice price then YOU are the idiot.

Step 3: if you are trading in a car, don't be a dumbass, know EXACTLY what your car is worth in WHOLESALE VALUE NOT RETAIL. Understand the difference?

Step 4: if a new car take the manufacturer's low financinig. If used, go to a local credit union and get a LOWER rate, but for the love of god NEVER go into a dealership without having the financing already taken care of.

Step 5: don't buy any extra shit in the finance office like warranties or any of that BS.
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/ec/ec17b48c6474f65f3132a387b60983d10386b54c866d75aa2dea685a4aff8cd5.jpg

Too bad your words will fall mostly onto deaf ears. At least we have the pleasure of watching new car customers tormenting themselves mentally.

I'll be happy if I never walk into a franchise dealership again. the average gravel lot customer is much easier to deal with....
Nice username.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are looking at a F-150 then do yourself a HUGE favor and check out this thread on the F-150 Forum.  Pay attention to the last 20-30 pages, especially posts from forum member "toptobottom".  He has a formula that is guaranteed to save you money vs dicking around with your dealer.  

Just tell us your under invoice price paid
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Confusing, since your previous post implies that you have those kinds of sales every weekend.

Agreed, about the weekday thing, because that's what I do.  I just said weekend, because I assumed most others are stuck in front of a lathe all weekday.  But anytime from now through the time the last of the '17s are sold off should be good for trying to score a perceived "deal."
View Quote
I will clarify that I meant long weekends.
We get 3 from the end of June to Labour Day.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Throw that MSRP number out the window.

FWIW, I bought my 2011 F350 new (6.7L turbo diesel, SRW, 4x4, lariat, crew cab) for $43,900.  The MSRP was $57,115.  They have lots of rebates on these things.  When the dealer started rebates, they started from invoice, not MSRP.  They even threw in the dealer hold back.  I'd say I did okay.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is dead to me. As stated above, Internet sales for the win. I've done almost all of my recent car shopping online. Same deal with the "No, we can't make that price work" on one of the deals, but I had a different salesman read over the company emails later in the day and decide that he was OK making a few bucks less.

It's also nice because they don't see me drive up in my Ferrari with my supermodel wife and just assume I'm rich.
View Quote
It doesn't come down to salesmen in the internet departments.  It comes down to the internet sales manager - who is usually in the same room.  They're gonna play hard-ball a little, but not let you offer and take a reasonable deal from another dealership within the same day.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It doesn't come down to salesmen in the internet departments.  It comes down to the internet sales manager - who is usually in the same room.  They're gonna play hard-ball a little, but not let you offer and take a reasonable deal from another dealership within the same day.
View Quote
how are they going to do that, take my smart phone?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#7]
The ease of the deal is also relative to the amount of competition between dealers.  I can find half a dozen each of Ford, Chevy, or ram dealers within an hour or less of me, so it's usually easy to find what you want and then get a few competetive prices, and someone is always willing to go invoice or less.  If you only have one dealer in a reasonable distance, then you're only going to get the deal they feel like giving you.

Also, the extended warranty isnt always a bad idea what with all the expensive electronics in cars anymore.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top