Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Public appearance you get...... the public.

When your appearance is for personal profit you are being paid to deal with it.
View Quote
@JKH62, except the book signings aren't public events. They're private events requiring paid tickets for entry to a private event.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why were the Trump supporters there to begin with and what did they expect?  Would it be any different if they were Biden or Epstein supporters?
View Quote

Obviously to test Desantis mettle.

A test he regrettably failed.

If you can't take a little heat on the campaign trail, you don't have even a remote chance of surviving the leftist onslaught that is to come.

Comes off weak.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
First part of your post.... I disagree. Allowing them to attend would have seemed like he's weak. If you're running a campaign, you don't want to be Bernie Sandered.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.fff7f04300744881362916ecd7c295b2?rik=EQAj75wjiB8L%2bA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fpixel.nymag.com%2fimgs%2fdaily%2fintelligencer%2f2015%2f08%2f13%2f13-bernie-sanders-black-lives-matter-protest.w710.h473.2x.jpg&ehk=PaUKtLQ%2f456pcCzTTAG7Hp9CWQsfF25Gyn8xGZ2biXQ%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.6hjjn3R_pI2QcElz-zOi9AHaEP?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

BLM took over his campaign event and sidelined him. Trump supporters could do the same. Also, you could have a Trump supporter and a DeSantis supporter get pissed at each other and fight. Not a good thing.

I agree with your second half of your post. Neither has earned my primary vote. Both are squishy on 2A issues.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed. But this would have been an opportunity for DeSantis to show he's not bothered by it and man up. He failed.

At this point, I would support either in the general, but neither has earned my primary vote. Trump has shown he can't keep his mouth shut and DeSantis hasn't shown he'll be able to handle the inevitable MSM onslaught should he be the nominee.
First part of your post.... I disagree. Allowing them to attend would have seemed like he's weak. If you're running a campaign, you don't want to be Bernie Sandered.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.fff7f04300744881362916ecd7c295b2?rik=EQAj75wjiB8L%2bA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fpixel.nymag.com%2fimgs%2fdaily%2fintelligencer%2f2015%2f08%2f13%2f13-bernie-sanders-black-lives-matter-protest.w710.h473.2x.jpg&ehk=PaUKtLQ%2f456pcCzTTAG7Hp9CWQsfF25Gyn8xGZ2biXQ%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.6hjjn3R_pI2QcElz-zOi9AHaEP?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

BLM took over his campaign event and sidelined him. Trump supporters could do the same. Also, you could have a Trump supporter and a DeSantis supporter get pissed at each other and fight. Not a good thing.

I agree with your second half of your post. Neither has earned my primary vote. Both are squishy on 2A issues.

Agree and disagree.

Squishy on 2A does not matter. Not one bit in this context.
There are no other choices at this time that are any more 2A friendly. We can only support the best of what is presented to us. Both are 2A ..Not great, not horrible.

Got to get it through our heads there will never be a strong 2A politician to the degree we would like to see.
It’s never going to happen. Politicians don’t work that way.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you can't take a little heat on the campaign trail, you don't have even a remote chance of surviving the leftist onslaught that is to come.

Comes off weak.
View Quote
It is a private event that you must pay for to enter. Do you honestly think they were there to get DeSantis' new book signed by DeSantis? Or that they were to hoot and holler "TRUMP IS OUR GOD!" & "Ron Desanctimonious, you're part of the swamp!"?

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And Trump isn't @bgenlvtex? Shit, Trump hung out with the Clintons and donated to them and a shit ton of other Democrats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll take "what do the Everglades and Ron DeSantis have in common" for $500 please Alex.
@bgenlvtex

They're both Florida natives and aren't a former NYC Democrat that moved down to God's Waiting Room (Palm Beach County)?

@Miami_JBT

They're both a little swampy.

And Trump isn't @bgenlvtex? Shit, Trump hung out with the Clintons and donated to them and a shit ton of other Democrats.

It's a joke Ron.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's a joke Ron.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll take "what do the Everglades and Ron DeSantis have in common" for $500 please Alex.
@bgenlvtex

They're both Florida natives and aren't a former NYC Democrat that moved down to God's Waiting Room (Palm Beach County)?

@Miami_JBT

It's a joke Ron.

Trump Supporter at the event was passing this out.

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Meh, I wouldn’t want that trash at my event either.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Comes off weak.
View Quote

not to mention desantis not going to cpac and getting lumped in along with pence as no shows
it’s only going to get more and more decisive as trumps base realize that the gop is actively bending over backwards to herald desantis as the new and improved “sensible” trump while trying to hamstring the maga movement

that may be the ultimate goal - if the establishment can’t win then nobody wins least on the republican side
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Meh, I wouldn't want that trash at my event either.
View Quote
It just shows you that Trump's most loyal will wreck 2024.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:00:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Comes off weak.
View Quote

Exactly this.

RD ain’t the magic candidate.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Yeah . They're the Westbro Baptist Church of Republicans. Just there to cause trouble, shout conspiracy theories and behave like all deranged mental patients shouting at the clouds.

I'm not a DeSantis guy. So it's not really personal for me, but Trump folks showing up there are wack jobs.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Trump supporters are the ones "eating our own." Seriously, you don't go to a candidate's event wearing his/her rival's branding. That's like Hillary supporters being allowed to attend a Trump rally in 2016, while they're all decked out in Hillary swag and chanting Hillary slogans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's continue to eat our own.
Trump supporters are the ones "eating our own." Seriously, you don't go to a candidate's event wearing his/her rival's branding. That's like Hillary supporters being allowed to attend a Trump rally in 2016, while they're all decked out in Hillary swag and chanting Hillary slogans.

I agree. That’s why I wrote that.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It is a private event that you must pay for to enter. Do you honestly think they were there to get DeSantis' new book signed by DeSantis? Or that they were to hoot and holler "TRUMP IS OUR GOD!" & "Ron Desanctimonious, you're part of the swamp!"?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comes off weak.

Clearly you are looking for a "Trump bad DeSantis good" feedback loop, so I'll just leave you to stew in your own juices.

FTR I'd vote for either one given the alternative(s)
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@bgenlvtex

@Miami_JBT

It's a joke Ron.

Trump Supporter at the event was passing this out.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/fdeaa2dc522f2327db2057887ad18b5a05fd1cf1/0_185_5562_3337/master/5562.jpg?width=620&quality=45&dpr=2&s=none

"Courage to be Free"

"YOU CANT WEAR THAT HERE!"

Some industrial grade irony there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

not to mention desantis not going to cpac and getting lumped in along with pence as no shows
it's only going to get more and more decisive as trumps base realize that the gop is actively bending over backwards to herald desantis as the new and improved "sensible" trump while trying to hamstring the maga movement

that may be the ultimate goal - if the establishment can't win then nobody wins least on the republican side
View Quote
I've attended CPAC in the past. This year, CPAC is all levels of fucked up right now. ACU's Chair, Matt Schlapp has been accused of sexual assault by a male Herschel Walker staffer. ACU under Schlapp's rule has had a huge exodus of staff since 2021. Former employees are claiming it is a toxic environment to work under and are filing lawsuits. Fox News, a major sponsor of CPAC dumped ACU and that has caused CPAC to be hemorrhaging money. If I were DeSantis, I'd avoid it too.

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Exactly this.

RD ain't the magic candidate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comes off weak.

Exactly this.

RD ain't the magic candidate.
Neither is Trump.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Comes off weak.
View Quote

Weak is taking it the face and smiling about it. Trump would NEVER tolerate it, nor should he. IMO, anyone showing up with rival logos is very likely a leftist agitator.

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah . They're the Westbro Baptist Church of Republicans. Just there to cause trouble, shout conspiracy theories and behave like all deranged mental patients shouting at the clouds.

I'm not a DeSantis guy. So it's not really personal for me, but Trump folks showing up there are wack jobs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

But according to some, they should have been allowed into the book signing event.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Clearly you are looking for a "Trump bad DeSantis good" feedback loop, so I'll just leave you to stew in your own juices.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You forget that I'm going after DeSantis right now on him being weak on 2A issues, right? Since you're not in FL and haven't been reading FL newspapers. 'I've openly called out DeSantis on not using the bully pulpit on getting open carry added to HB 543 & SB 150.
Quoted:

"Courage to be Free"

Same as DeSantis stating gun free zones are bad and banning guns at his events and trying to place the blame on other people.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's way past time for Republican leaders to remind other Republicans of Reagan's 11th Commandment
View Quote

Quoted:
Yeah, that is a dick move. You don't show up to someone's campaign stop wearing an opposing candidate's branding.
View Quote

So true
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Exactly this.

RD ain’t the magic candidate.
View Quote

There is no such thing.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"Courage to be Free"

View Quote

Freedom of speech doesn't trump people's freedom of peaceful assembly and freedom from harassment.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Freedom of speech doesn't trump people's freedom of peaceful assembly and freedom from harassment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Courage to be Free"

Especially at a private event requiring paid entry. The book signing is like Arfcom. It has a CoC. Trump Supporters broke the CoC and were banned by Admin.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
But according to some, they should have been allowed into the book signing event.
View Quote

Did those people have paid tickets?  Did the the EventBrite page list any restrictions on clothing or signs?  If they turned away people who paid for tickets and didn't have anything posted ahead of time that isn't good, especially since DeSantis hasn't declared anything publicly for the Presidential race.  If they were just non-ticketed random people that showed up passing out those fliers and chanting "TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP" then moving them away is fine as they were there to disrupt.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Did those people have paid tickets?  Did the the EventBrite page list any restrictions on clothing or signs?  If they turned away people who paid for tickets and didn't have anything posted ahead of time that isn't good, especially since DeSantis hasn't declared anything publicly for the Presidential race.  If they were just non-ticketed random people that showed up passing out those fliers and chanting "TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP" then moving them away is fine as they were there to disrupt.  
View Quote
@SWIRE, do you think they honestly were going to spend the $40+ to attend?
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've attended CPAC in the past. This year, CPAC is all levels of fucked up right now. ACU's Chair, Matt Schlapp has been accused of sexual assault by a male Herschel Walker staffer. ACU under Schlapp's rule has had a huge exodus of staff since 2021. Former employees are claiming it is a toxic environment to work under and are filing lawsuits. Fox News, a major sponsor of CPAC dumped ACU and that has caused CPAC to be hemorrhaging money. If I were DeSantis, I'd avoid it too.

View Quote

I have acknowledged in previous threads that I bow to your actual real world experience with cpac
I know nothing about the inner workings of the organization

I do know however that the all but appointed 2024 republican candidate (least by the establishment) not going in order to avoid the straw poll result and to potentially face a head on enthusiasm gap for all to see  -  doesn’t look good particularly if he hopes to woo support from trump to his candidacy bid.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those Trumpsters in Texas voted against CRUZ for senator, and he had a large undervote compared to Abbot in the governors race.

This Cultish attitude is insanity. Cruz did his best to help push Trump agenda and Cruz is a good man on guns. But Trumpsters voted against Cruz because he dared to challenge their orange GOD.

I don't know what I will do in the primary but Trumps attitude toward republican challengers turns me off of voting for him in the primary though I may still vote for him.

And no matter who the GOP candidate is I will support and work for them in the general election.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of them probably would.  Obviously not the ones passing out those fliers but why is it hard to believe that some think DeSantis is a great Governor and wanted a signed book but also support Trump?  It isn't a mutually exclusive choice.  I was at an event for a candidate for Governor in my state last night; he said wants to be a Governor that stands up to the left the way DeSantis does.  DeSantis has made a huge impact across the country as Governor.  That's why I was asking about people with tickets.  The genuine people would have tickets.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Those Trumpsters in Texas voted against CRUZ for senator, and he had a large undervote compared to Abbot in the governors race.

This Cultish attitude is insanity. Cruz did his best to help push Trump agenda and Cruz is a good man on guns. But Trumpsters voted against Cruz because he dared to challenge their orange GOD.

I don't know what I will do in the primary but Trumps attitude toward republican challengers turns me off of voting for him in the primary though I may still vote for him.

And no matter who the GOP candidate is I will support and work for them in the general election.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, Trump has threatened to run as an independent and split the vote like Theodore Roosevelt did with the Bull Moose Party. Thus, giving us Woodrow Wilson.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#32]
I’m sure they were only there for some good-natured and civilized debate.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Some of them probably would.  Obviously not the ones passing out those fliers but why is it hard to believe that some think DeSantis is a great Governor and wanted a signed book but also support Trump?  It isn't a mutually exclusive choice.  I was at an event for a candidate for Governor in my state last night; he said wants to be a Governor that stands up to the left the way DeSantis does.  DeSantis has made a huge impact across the country as Governor.  That's why I was asking about people with tickets.  The genuine people would have tickets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laura Loomer organized the Trump Supporters for the boom signing. She's very vocal on being against DeSantis.

Laura Loomer doesn’t want to make Gov. Ron DeSantis’ decision to run for President easier. The Lady Lake Republican wants Republican Party of Florida (RPOF) leaders to take up resolutions opposing changes to Florida’s “resign to run” law. She said it’s important the party take that stance as DeSantis considers a White House run less than halfway into his second term as Governor. She’s attending the Republican Party of Florida annual meeting in Orlando and handing out copies of a resolution on the matter. It calls out DeSantis by name and says his priority needs to be the state of Florida. “Ron DeSantis is obligated to the electors of the State of Florida to serve the entire four years of his second term as he was elected to serve,” the resolution states.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Troll thread.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comes off weak.
What would ever give you the idea that Trump supporters would possibly do something like that?

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

They weren’t there for the book signing. You needn’t look any farther than the Twitter post in the OP as to why they were there. They just so happened to be there for a pro Trump rally and it was purely a coincidence that it was right in front of a DeSantis book signing event.

They weren’t some randoms that showed up wearing their maga hat to get a book signed.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Comes off weak.
View Quote

The thing that is irritating to me is this "Ron is focusing on Florida right now" when it's a national issue, but he clearly is acting like he is campaigning without actually declaring his campaign.

Technically he hasn't declared yet has he? So technically he just threw in his support for the only other declared candidate by throwing out anyone wearing Trump apparel.

Whole thing comes off as slimy to me.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't see how this is any different than Trump's security people stopping suspected hecklers from attending his rallies or removing them after they made it in.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The thing that is irritating to me is this "Ron is focusing on Florida right now" when it's a national issue, but he clearly is acting like he is campaigning without actually declaring his campaign.

Technically he hasn't declared yet has he? So technically he just threw in his support for the only other declared candidate by throwing out anyone wearing Trump apparel.

Whole thing comes off as slimy to me.
View Quote
He's running but he hasn't declared because the moment he does. It means the FEC dictates campaign funding on him. Right now, without declaring, he can bank money.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Let's continue to eat our own.
View Quote
We will. Concerned "conservatives" will be sure to post "news" like the above to facilitate it too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't see how this is any different than Trump's security people stopping suspected hecklers from attending his rallies or removing them after they made it in.
View Quote
Exactly
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Were they denied entry into a private event...OK?

Were they told to leave the parking lot by a MALL COP, what the videos show?  

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Also Loomer is a nut job, based on her twitter.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The punchline is that for all the raised blood pressure and BS timeouts and warnings...none of it matters and we aren't changing a damn thing at the ballot box outside of local stuff.
View Quote

The No-Trump fanatics have been rather obnoxious for the past 6 years with false allegations and innuendo;  now they complain about the Trump supporters wearing  logo items in a public space.

Interesting.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Why were the Trump supporters there to begin with and what did they expect?  Would it be any different if they were Biden or Epstein supporters?
View Quote

Actually, I believe it would have been handled differently.  Us sworn officers to suppress free public speech is not a good move.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
He's running but he hasn't declared because the moment he does. It means the FEC dictates campaign funding on him. Right now, without declaring, he can bank money.
View Quote

So then I think it's fair game to criticize him on national issues.

It's also my understanding that it's against Florida law for a sitting politician to run for federal office, if correct that would be another reason he hasn't declared.  Is my understanding correct?
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm all in for a river of grass, my man.

The twitterer says in his twit that he organized a Trump rally at Desantis' event. I'd tell him to get lost, too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The fact that Trump supporters are all pissed over being banned from DeSantis' book signing is hilarious. Did they actually believe they'd be allowed in the event?
View Quote

So you support using Law Enforcement officers to control political speech?  Were the Trump supporters a danger to public safety? Were the Trump supporters preventing the DeSantis book signing from taking place?  Were the Trump supporters breaking the law in the State of Florida?

Most of the time in theses situations they simply separate the two groups and allow the event to take place.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laura Loomer organized the Trump Supporters for the boom signing. She's very vocal on being against DeSantis.

Laura Loomer doesn’t want to make Gov. Ron DeSantis’ decision to run for President easier. The Lady Lake Republican wants Republican Party of Florida (RPOF) leaders to take up resolutions opposing changes to Florida’s “resign to run” law. She said it’s important the party take that stance as DeSantis considers a White House run less than halfway into his second term as Governor. She’s attending the Republican Party of Florida annual meeting in Orlando and handing out copies of a resolution on the matter. It calls out DeSantis by name and says his priority needs to be the state of Florida. “Ron DeSantis is obligated to the electors of the State of Florida to serve the entire four years of his second term as he was elected to serve,” the resolution states.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

We’re the Trump supporters chanting pro Trump slogans?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top