Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I love reading transcripts of his interviews and speeches. He talks like a complete dumbass.

I'd quote my favorite paragraph from that thing but shaggy beat me to it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Completely unrelated, but here's another one of my favorites of his.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/263074-trump-scalia-affirmative-action

GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump says he does not agree with comments from Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia questioning the efficacy of affirmative action.

“I don’t like what he said, no, I don’t like what he said. I heard him, I was like, ‘Let me read it again,’ because I actually read it in print, and I’m going, I read a lot of stuff, and I’m going, ‘Woah,’ ” Trump said in an interview televised Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
View Quote

That's the kind of oratory jewel that comes along once in a blue moon from a serious presidential candidate....or every other day from Donald J Trump.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:05:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Bookmarked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump is a complete idiot when it comes to politics. If only he had spent some money.

We were told he was so brilliant he didnt have to spend money. He was owning the press and they were doing his biding! He was up in one poll by four points? He was up in EVERY poll, and one was by 10 points if I recall.

Hey Donald, you lower expectations BEFORE the vote and then outperform. You don't build your expectations up, lose, and then try to own play them!

How can you say that with a straight face?  Love him or hate him, we can all agree he has played this game pretty well.

No, I don't think we all agree on that.

Bookmarked.

OK...

I don't think skipping a debate is playing the game pretty well

I don't think Tweeting like a bird brained high school mean girl cheerleader is playing the game well

I don't think not having a ground game in a state the REQUIRES it to win was playing the game well

I think focusing all attention on himself by being a raging asshole is playing one aspect of the game well... But not looking like you've got your shit together when all eyes are on you is NOT playing the game well

Building expectations and under delivering is not playing the game well... A smart campaigner manages expectations, exceeds them, and gains recognition for over performing
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OK...

I don't think Tweeting like a bird brained high school mean girl cheerleader is playing the game well

I don't think not having a ground game in a state the REQUIRES it to win was playing the game well

I think focusing all attention on himself by being a raging asshole is playing one aspect of the game well... But not looking like you've got your shit together when all eyes are on you is NOT playing the game well

Building expectations and under delivering is not playing the game well... A smart campaigner manages expectations, exceeds them, and gains recognition for over performing
View Quote

Now now, be fair. Donny never heard of the term 'ground game', he didn't know about the ground game. Now he knows about the ground game, so he'll fund the ground game and it's going to be great. You're gonna love it. You're going to love the ground game. It's going to win. You're going to love how it wins, so much that you're going to get tired of winning, but you're still going to love it. I know a lot of ground games and they all love me.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

OK...

View Quote

Trump is Bronn from GoT, man. It's dangerous to underestimate him because he fights differently.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Trump is Bronn from GoT, man. It's dangerous to underestimate him because he fights differently.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK...

Nice analogy... Bronn was also a sell sword with no concept of loyalty and who turned his back on his patron... Just as Trump would turn his back on his supporters.

At the end of the day, Bronn was lethal because he had no sense of loyalty or honor, and gleefully admitted such.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:16:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nice analogy... Bronn was also a sell sword with no concept of loyalty and who turned his back on his patron... Just as Trump would turn his back on his supporters.

At the end of the day, Bronn was lethal because he had no sense of loyalty or honor, and gleefully admitted such.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK...

I actually wrote that comparison out, about him being amoral and unaligned, but dumped it because I figured you'd get the comparison, and it would just clutter the thread for non-fans.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:19:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

In short Cruz's campaign operatives started a rumor. Rumor grew and got tweeted. Cnn saw Tweet and ran with the story. Was timed so perfectly that Cruz's caucus precincts may have picked up Carson's voters edging him over Trumps numbers. This is sort of a big deal if true.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tonight's segment on O Reilly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3vM9VAEz7I

Asshole Rove can hardly contain his excitement as he tries to explain how Cruz stole the win from Trump...

FKR

Still think this is all "Trump butthurt"? I'd wager there has been a plan in the works for some time to capitalize on anything that could be painted as Cruz moving against Carson. This REEKS of Rove.

In short Cruz's campaign operatives started a rumor. Rumor grew and got tweeted. Cnn saw Tweet and ran with the story. Was timed so perfectly that Cruz's caucus precincts may have picked up Carson's voters edging him over Trumps numbers. This is sort of a big deal if true.

You think Carson had 7000 voters that switched?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:24:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Trump is likely to win this round and with momentum being everything it will be extra good when it looks like Cruz lost because of voter push back to all the negative press he's getting. You already know he's going to say this is what happens when we expose cheaters and this is the way Iowa should have turned out. He has nothing to lose
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:27:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

yeah right.

Trump is imploding over a minor setback.

Its becoming obvious that he is not believing in a message, but in himself and narcissism

Looks like there is no one worth a shit in the top candidates, just a few slimy congressmen and a raging narcissist. I will probably vote Carson or Rand in my states primary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To me it seems like Trump is firing a shot across the GOPe bow. He's saying that he won't put up with their
shenanigans. I think there will be alot more important things they'll try to pull as the primaries go on.

To his resolve I say:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/8cb046e6f16e05f8521e15de31927f52/tumblr_mt80mvKYGn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

yeah right.

Trump is imploding over a minor setback.

Its becoming obvious that he is not believing in a message, but in himself and narcissism

Looks like there is no one worth a shit in the top candidates, just a few slimy congressmen and a raging narcissist. I will probably vote Carson or Rand in my states primary.

Boys...This is how you troll if you ever want too.  This should be a PSA for the DU folks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:27:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's one thing to have Trump on The Apprentice. I can turn off the set.

To watch him for 4 years from the bully pulpit of the Presidency...................

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/callgood/bobblehead_zpscow7pz29.gif

I don't think it'll ever come to that.
View Quote

To be fair, I don't think I've heard a combined total 2 minutes of noise come out of the current President's mouth the entire time he's been in office.

Same deal.  If the President comes on the screen, I turn it off and go do something else.

Shoot cans, jerk off, watch paint dry.   Infinitely more constructive uses of my time.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:29:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ya'll really don't see this?  He's doing everything he can to get the Carson voters when he drops out of the race in a couple of days.  

He's not going to sue, he's running the media.  Again.
View Quote

I don't think many voters work this way anymore.  Information is too readily available.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:30:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
To me it seems like Trump is firing a shot across the GOPe bow. He's saying that he won't put up with their
shenanigans. I think there will be alot more important things they'll try to pull as the primaries go on.

To his resolve I say:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/8cb046e6f16e05f8521e15de31927f52/tumblr_mt80mvKYGn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
View Quote

Oh wait, your actually serious?

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:33:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would NOT underestimate Trump.
He has a plan...
View Quote

Ask him what it is.....
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:37:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Any of the other GOP candidates >> Trump >> any of the other Dem candidates >> Hillary
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:43:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Trumps numbers are already falling in NH. I think it'll be closer than people think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ehh, he should let it go, he came in a strong 2nd, and unfortunately Cruz will not win New Hampshire...Trump probably will....suck it up...

Trumps numbers are already falling in NH. I think it'll be closer than people think.
And Cruze and Rubio are neck and neck with Rubio rising quickly.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:43:14 AM EDT
[#17]
"He did the unthinkable..."

Which really means,  "I can't believe I didn't think of that..."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:44:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ehh, he should let it go, he came in a strong 2nd, and unfortunately Cruz will not win New Hampshire...Trump probably will....suck it up...

We'll have to see, so far the polls are 0-1, having ALL predicted that Trump was taking Iowa.

There remains a debate before NH, wondering if Trump will be there?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:47:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:There is a law in Iowa that says that it is illegal to send out mail that is made to look like a government document.

Look it up.

View Quote

Is this what you're talking about?

https://coolice.legis.iowa.gov/Cool-ICE/default.asp?category=billinfo&service=IowaCode&ga=83&input=39A#39A.2

39A.2  ELECTION MISCONDUCT IN THE FIRST DEGREE.
        1.  A person commits the crime of election misconduct in the first
     degree if the person willfully commits any of the following acts:
        a.  Registration fraud.
        (1)  Produces, procures, submits, or accepts a voter registration
     application that is known by the person to be materially false,
     fictitious, forged, or fraudulent.
        (2)  Falsely swears to an oath required pursuant to section
     48A.7A.
        b.  Vote fraud.
        (1)  Destroys, delivers, or handles an application for a ballot or
     an absentee ballot with the intent of interfering with the voter's
     right to vote.
        (2)  Produces, procures, submits, or accepts a ballot or an
     absentee ballot, or produces, procures, casts, accepts, or tabulates
     a ballot that is known by the person to be materially false,
        (3)  Votes or attempts to vote more than once at the same
     election, or votes or attempts to vote at an election knowing oneself
     not to be qualified.
        (4)  Makes a false or untrue statement in an application for an
     absentee ballot or makes or signs a false certification or affidavit
     in connection with an absentee ballot.
                (5)  Otherwise deprives, defrauds, or attempts to deprive or
     defraud the citizens of this state of a fair and impartially
     conducted election process.
c.  Duress.  Intimidates, threatens, or coerces, or attempts
     to intimidate, threaten, or coerce, a person to do or to refrain from
     doing any of the following:
        (1)  To register to vote, to vote, or to attempt to register to
     vote.
        (2)  To urge or aid a person to register to vote, to vote, or to
     attempt to register to vote.

(3)  To sign a petition nominating a candidate for public office
     or a petition requesting an election for which a petition may legally
     be submitted.
        (4)  To exercise a right under chapters 39 through 53.
        d.  Bribery.
        (1)  Pays, offers to pay, or causes to be paid money or any other
     thing of value to a person to influence the person's vote.
        (2)  Pays, offers to pay, or causes to be paid money or any other
     thing of value to an election official conditioned on some act done
     or omitted to be done contrary to the person's official duty in
     relation to an election.
        (3)  Receives money or any other thing of value knowing that it
     was given in violation of subparagraph (1) or (2).
        e.  Conspiracy.  Conspires with or acts as an accessory with
     another to commit an act in violation of paragraphs "a" through
     "d".
        f.  Voting equipment tampering.  Intentionally alters or
     damages any computer software or any physical part of voting
     equipment, automatic tabulating equipment, or any other part of a
     voting system.
        2.  Election misconduct in the first degree is a class "D" felony.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:49:41 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:There is a law in Iowa that says that it is illegal to send out mail that is made to look like a government document.

Look it up.

https://coolice.legis.iowa.gov/Cool-ICE/default.asp?category=billinfo&service=IowaCode&ga=83&input=39A#39A.2

a.  Registration fraud.
     48A.7A.
        b.  Vote fraud.
     right to vote.
     not to be qualified.
     vote.

be submitted.
        d.  Bribery.
     relation to an election.
     "d".
     voting system.

So ENCOURAGING people to vote is an attempt to intimidate, threaten or coerce them to NOT vote?

ETA, I see what you're getting at... You're claiming the mailer is threatening people if they don't vote. It's a stretch.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:50:40 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Look it up.

a.  Registration fraud.

48A.7A.

b.  Vote fraud.

right to vote.

not to be qualified.

vote.

be submitted.

d.  Bribery.

relation to an election.

"d".

voting system.

#5 obviously, defraud
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:51:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Do the Trump haters in this thread even realize he's going to be the front runner again in less than a week?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:53:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So ENCOURAGING people to vote is an attempt to intimidate, threaten or coerce them to NOT vote?
View Quote

1. Read it again, that's not what the statute says.
2. Sending out mail that uses voter information while attempting to appear to look like it was from the government in order to shame people and their neighbors to vote may qualify as duress.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:55:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

We'll have to see, so far the polls are 0-1, having ALL predicted that Trump was taking Iowa.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Iowa was Cruz's to win. Trump was looking like he might take it from him. It's like if Trump ran for Prime Minister in Cruz's home country.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:57:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Oh, also, this:

https://coolice.legis.iowa.gov/Cool-ICE/default.asp?category=billinfo&service=IowaCode&ga=83&input=720#720.5

720.5  FALSE REPRESENTATION OF RECORDS OR PROCESS.
        Any person who represents any document or paper to be any public
     record or any civil or criminal process, when the person knows such
     representation to be false, commits a simple misdemeanor.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Cruz seems to be racking up the dishonesty points.  I heard the Democrats might make him an honorary member.

How is someone who is supposed to be super smart and on top of his game can forget about reporting multiple loans?  Then mails people a report card of their and their neighbors voting record?  Then sends out a notice that Carson dropped out of the caucus and anyone who was voting for Carson should just vote for Cruz.

Even if the last two aren't illegal they are dishonest as hell.  Sure Trump runs his mouth and says mean things but so far he hasn't violated my privacy by mailing my neighbors a report of my activity.  Democrat organizations send my ex-wife mailers informing her that she hasn't voted but they don't include the neighbors.  So Cruz is behaving in such a terrible way that he makes the Democrats look good.  

I'll take a loud mouth over a despicable liar any day.  

BTW Trump is only threatening to sue because it will distract Cruz, add more stress to his campaign, shake his focus...etc.  Pretty smart politics, use a candidates own unethical behavior to derail them.  Trump won't lose any sleep over the lawsuit, even if it gets thrown out, but Cruz will.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:02:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

2. Sending out mail that uses voter information while attempting to appear to look like it was from the government in order to shame people and their neighbors to vote may qualify as duress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did read it several times, and I have a picture of the notice. Clearly says paid or by Cruz for President, with a Houston, TX address. No government seals, only an abject idiot would think its an official document.

As for the Duress issue, that's pretty weak. Had they said there could be civil or criminal penalties, I could see that. Instead it says what your voter participation grade is, which is in fact a public record. The law says it cannot be used for COMMERCIAL purposes. Campaigns are not commercial. So where does the duress come into play?

I don't particularly like this approach myself. It has however been utilized in Iowa elections previously, with success.

Now a more interesting question is who did they send these out to? All GOP voters? The ones who hadn't voted? Cruz's campaign couldn't possibly know who these people would ultimately vote for. They could just as easily turned out people who supported any of the candidates other than Cruz. The goal was to increase turnout, which most models showed helping Trump and others. In fact all of the polls that showed Trump winning were predicated on higher than ever participation, in fact, higher than even happened on Monday.

So to argue that he did this to gain unfair advantage is hogwash.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:04:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Oh, also, this:

https://coolice.legis.iowa.gov/Cool-ICE/default.asp?category=billinfo&service=IowaCode&ga=83&input=720#720.5

Clearly printed Paid for by Cruz for President with a Houston, TX return address. No Iowa government seals were used. Only an idiot would think it was official.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:06:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Clearly printed Paid for by Cruz for President with a Houston, TX return address. No Iowa government seals were used. Only an idiot would think it was official.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, also, this:

The trumpets have become so fucking pathetic in their attempts to bring Cruz down. It really is something to behold....
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:18:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The trumpets have become so fucking pathetic in their attempts to bring Cruz down. It really is something to behold....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, also, this:

I'll tip my hat to Trump... If anybody believed this was an official document, "How stupid are the people of Iowa?"

Here's the thing, I think only low-information voters would buy into that narrative, and I think they are few and far between. The people of Iowa turned out in record numbers, and tht benefitted every candidate. Unlike a primary when you go into a booth, pull a lever in secret, and walk out, caucuses give neighbors a chance to sway neighbors. Every voter is a potential supporter if your ground game can convince them to back your guy,

Now we know why Trump is pissed, Ted had a ground game to sell the Cruz message to all of those voters. Trump, didnt know what a ground game is...
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:25:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A law dictionary.  Use one.  Words mean things, but I don't think they mean what you think they mean.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:26:30 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Look it up.

a.  Registration fraud.
     48A.7A.
        b.  Vote fraud.
     right to vote.
     not to be qualified.
     vote.

be submitted.
        d.  Bribery.
     relation to an election.
     "d".
     voting system.

Ask me how I know that you don't know how the Iowa Presidential Caucus works.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:29:15 AM EDT
[#33]
That's Stupid, Iowa doesn't mean shit.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:30:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Oh, also, this:

Does the mailer claim to be "offical gov't business".  

Your argument is retarded.  Go away political troll.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:33:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Now we know why Trump is pissed, Ted had a ground game to sell the Cruz message to all of those voters. Trump, didnt know what a ground game is...
View Quote

I agree with this and everything else you posted. I'd like to add that Trump REALLY shouldn't have skipped that debate, it really bit him in the ass in Iowa ...
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:35:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

A law dictionary.  Use one.  Words mean things, but I don't think they mean what you think they mean.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the context of the statute, try again.  Besides, tell that to Iowa's secretary of state.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:36:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ask me how I know that you don't know how the Iowa Presidential Caucus works.
View Quote

What does the actual process of the Iowa Caucus have to do with Cruz using official looking mailers and voter data to commit fraud?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:36:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, also, this:

What's retarded is Cruz's slimeball tactics and his slimeball humpers defending them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:37:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

In the context of the statute, try again.  Besides, tell that to Iowa's secretary of state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Secretary of State has nothing to do with the caucus process.  It is totally and wholly a party affair.  Nice try though.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:39:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The Secretary of State has nothing to do with the caucus process.  It is totally and wholly a party affair.  Nice try though.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Cruz bullshit mailers are part of the caucus process? Try again, Einstein.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:44:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What's retarded is Cruz's slimeball tactics and his slimeball humpers defending them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, also, this:

So you have no argument...Just accusations.  Fuck off.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:47:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, also, this:

Rafael Edward Cruz's mailer was a fabrication, huh?

"The ends justify the means" would make a great slogan for the world's most conservative conservative.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:49:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh, also, this:

Further, Sec. 720 has to do with interference with judicial process.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:49:58 AM EDT
[#44]
The mailer, while you may not like it, does not bear any seals, statements that it is an official document,and was marked Paid for by Cruz for President with a Houston address right on the outside. Before even opening it you could see it was a campaign mailing. Whatever happened to personal responsibility around here?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:51:54 AM EDT
[#45]
NVM

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:54:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Trump will pout, stomp off and run independent.

The "conservative vote" will get split a la' Ross Perot, and a Clinton will win.

All part of the plan.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:55:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The mailer, while you may not like it, does not bear any seals, statements that it is an official document,and was marked Paid for by Cruz for President with a Houston address right on the outside. Before even opening it you could see it was a campaign mailing. Whatever happened to personal responsibility around here?
View Quote

Aww, don't worry, chum.  Nobody is going to really bother to sue Cruz.  It'll be down to Trump and Rubio after super Tuesday.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:59:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Aww, don't worry, chum.  Nobody is going to really bother to sue Cruz.  It'll be down to Trump and Rubio after super Tuesday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz is living rent free in Trumps head.  Not a good thing for an alleged real estate mogul.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 2:00:15 AM EDT
[#50]

In before the Trumpeteers rip into Levin for being a GOPe stooge!
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top