Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/20/2024 12:27:02 PM EDT
Trump in favor of national abortion ban... just replaying this statement on repeat could lose him the election. It further loses the exact demographic he needs to recapture: suburban women.

Trump's position is only a statistically winning issue with older, whiter, evangelical men and in states who are already voting for him.

It's a MAJOR vote loser for many swing voters particularly in swing states he needs to peel away from the potato.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-says-leaning-toward-15-week-national-abortion-ban-2024-03-20/

Trump says he'd support the 15 week limit cuz he has to "win elections"... what the fuck is wrong with him? 6 week ban support is at 23% support nationally but his proposed national ban is still only has support in 30s nationally.

And we still wonder why we lose election?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#1]
This and weed are stupid hills to die on.

I’m not in favor of abortion. But it has its place, especially considering it’s mostly democrats getting them. Why are we stacking the deck against our own interests?

They’re still gonna get abortions. Just like gay guys are still gonna have sex with each other, legally married or not.

You don’t like abortion? Don’t get one.

They don’t like guns? Don’t buy one.

Freedom goes both ways.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not in favor of abortion. But it has its place, especially considering it's mostly democrats getting them. Why are we stacking the deck against our own interests?

They're still gonna get abortions. Just like gay guys are still gonna have sex with each other, legally married or not.

You don't like abortion? Don't get one.

They don't like guns? Don't buy one.

Freedom goes both ways.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Wait, I thought he was a fake Christian?

And your title is misleading - he supports a ban after 15 weeks (second trimester). Anyone who thinks that's controversial wasn't voting for him anyway.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Trump is a dumbass.

Congressional legislation does not make a abortion ban constitutional, only a ratified amendment can do that.

It is a state matter to regulate or not regulate. Congress, like the courts cannot change that.

Dipshits, all of them.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Trump is a dumbass.

Congressional legislation does not make a abortion ban constitutional, only a ratified amendment can do that.

It is a state matter to regulate or not regulate. Congress, like the courts cannot change that.

Dipshits, all of them.

View Quote

SCOTUS said it is not constitutionally protected left it to state legislation in the absence of federal legislation.

There is nothing stopping federal legislation from banning or permitting, overriding the states. It does NOT have to be a constitutional amendment.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Well unfortunately abortion is a lose/lose issue for republicans and the left knows it.

Sound pro-choice and the religious right may not turn out, and that traditionally is a dependable voting block for republicans. Come out pro-life and you'll lose many women on the right because they vote their pussies over their principles. Try to not take a stand and you get attacked from both camps. Say it is a states' rights issue and it will be spun as you favor a ban because you don't support an absolute right to abortion. It is the most polarizing issue because we were dumb enough to give women the right to vote.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I’m not in favor of abortion. But it has its place, especially considering it’s mostly democrats getting them. Why are we stacking the deck against our own interests?

They’re still gonna get abortions. Just like gay guys are still gonna have sex with each other, legally married or not.

Freedom goes both ways.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Trump is swinging wildly.  He's on the ropes and he knows it.

This position will piss everyone off.  Evangelical circles I'm in are already crying foul because it allows abortions for 15 weeks.  Anyone pro abortion will balk at any kind of ban.

Its like he's trying to lose the election.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

SCOTUS said it is not constitutionally protected left it to state legislation in the absence of federal legislation.

There is nothing stopping federal legislation from banning or permitting, overriding the states. It does NOT have to be a constitutional amendment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump is a dumbass.

Dipshits, all of them.

Yes it does. There is no authority in the constitution to regulate abortion.

SCOTUS is wrong, and they are protecting the centralising authority set by prescient for Congress to craft 'national' law. They are wrong.

This is not a delegated authority outlined under Article 1, Section 10. State matter.

God, please let people relearn federalism.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Freedom goes both ways.

View Quote

I agree. It’s things like this that will get dems elected.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#11]
GOP needs to be silent on the issue.  They can say its important but will not be the focus this election cycle.  Need to focus on other issues like border security.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#12]
The USSC said it is a state’s rights issue.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#13]
national, no longer a states rights issue. trump has picked a winner. i think he wants to loose. he's under some secret compulsion from bidet, bidets son or the chycoms.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#14]
So Trump isn’t up to killing babies like the NAZIS and Democrats are?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Why is a federal candidate weighing in on a state issue?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Grabbing the third rail with both hands.

Hope it works out.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because Congress/the President, the federal judiciary, doesn't know anything. Nearly everyone in DC is educated in 'constitutional law', aka case law, not constitutional originalism.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Trump is a dumbass.
View Quote

The voters that primaried him are dumbasses
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Freedom goes both ways.

View Quote

This.  Prohibition doesn't work.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The voters that primaried him are dumbasses
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#21]
If the Republic needs abortion, let it fall.

I don't care.  I'd rather be right with God.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
GOP needs to be silent on the issue.  They can say it's important but will not be the focus this election cycle.  Need to focus on other issues like border security.
View Quote
Yep.

Women lose their fucking minds over this issue.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#23]
The only thing Trump should say about abortion is "it's a state-level issue".
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#24]
"We need to be more like Europe"

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The USSC said it is a state’s rights issue.
View Quote

It is a state issue. Trump is allowed his opinion just like everyone else. My opinion is that abortion is murder. I don’t care what others the Mk about my opinion. He is entitled to his opinion.

I also think there should be national ban on performing gender reassignment surgery on minors. Another opinion
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I guess we have to let a lot of babies die at the hands of their mothers in order to save the Republic.

Should we count them as Killed in Action?

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#27]
still stepping on your dick, eh donald?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because free speech and all
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Freedom goes both ways.

View Quote

I guess anyone can murder you and you won't have a problem because of freedom?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I think this is the definition of an unforced error.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:56:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Abortion wouldn't be such the political detriment it appears to be if the messaging is effective. We haven't had that and have been slapped around by the MSM forever on it.   It's devolved into an entire industry that's been corrupted to its core, financially benefits a few parties,  and  preys on young woman.  A normal society would treat the issue of unwanted pregnancies in a different manner, with less government interference, so those solutions should be promoted.  People need to be educated on this - I've always wondered how exactly does abortion affect a particular individual - does it really have such a severe effect on their lives, such a dramatic impact that it becomes the sole reason for a vote?   I posit that most women never have to even deal with it - the outrage has been ginned up by the left purely for political gain.    If this becomes messaged properly, it might lessen the impact.   To disclose - I am 100% against it.  I know life begins at conception and abortion is an evil, however I am not in a position to force what I think on everyone via the threat of violence at the heel of the government boot.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Abortions are in fact very fiscally conservative.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:59:54 PM EDT
[#34]
You know what… I enjoy losing elections too!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wait, I thought he was a fake Christian?

And your title is misleading - he supports a ban after 15 weeks (second trimester). Anyone who thinks that's controversial wasn't voting for him anyway.
View Quote

Help me out here.  A human pregnancy is typically 40 weeks, right?  Abortion from Roe was legalized for pregnancies up until the end of the second trimester.  Or ballpark 26-27 weeks.  Is that right?  If so, then while 15 weeks is within the second trimester (which begins at Week 13 or 14), it's certainly a large restriction from the previous position, and that would be controversial.

Where am I wrong?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Freedom goes both ways.

View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#38]
And this is the day he actually lost the election.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Freedom goes both ways.

View Quote

Freedom to live is always nice....
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fucking A. Is this so hard to understand?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Abortion wouldn't be such the political detriment it appears to be if the messaging is effective. We haven't had that and have been slapped around by the MSM forever on it.   It's devolved into an entire industry that's been corrupted to its core and  preys on young woman.  A normal society would treat the issue of unwanted pregnancies in a different manner, with less government interference.    If this becomes messaged properly, it might lessen the impact.   To disclose - I am 100% against it.  I know life begins at conception and abortion is an evil, however I am not in a position to force what I think on everyone via the threat of violence at the heel of the government boot.
View Quote

You said a phrase and probably don't even realize how central it is and what a powerful driver to abortion it has turned out to be.  "Unwanted pregnancies" - decades of you'll ruin your life if you have a baby being pounded into the minds of young people have helped ruin the idea of having babies being a wonderful thing.  Not only does it drive women to abortion providers, it plants the seed that kids are a largely negative thing and has greatly contributed to the collapse in birth rate.  This is a left and a right problem.  We need people to have kids, and have them earlier in life.

Also, L-O-fucking-L that only liberals have abortions.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Trump won’t lose against Biden

He’ll lose against his own big mouth
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Trump is a dumbass.

Dipshits, all of them.

View Quote

This, it's a YUGE mistake.  

With all the problems that we have now, was ANYONE thinking about this?  Not only should it be left to the states, but why in the heck bring this up?  Is he trying to lose?  
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

SCOTUS is wrong, and they are protecting the centralising authority set by prescient for Congress to craft 'national' law. They are wrong.

This is not a delegated authority outlined under Article 1, Section 10. State matter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump is a dumbass.

Dipshits, all of them.

ICC has been used to allow feds to regulate wheat grown for ones own consumption and to require me, a man, to purchase insurance for birth control. I’m sure .gov can argue murdering babies in the womb impacts commerce.

However I agree with your take on how it should work.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
still stepping on your dick, eh donald?
View Quote
Looks like the pure candidate supports a 15 week ban too.
DeSantis does too
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I’m not in favor of abortion. But it has its place, especially considering it’s mostly democrats getting them.

View Quote

Lemme buy you a beer my guy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do not understand it. I guess they are stupid or simply crazed with "I am the king/prince/ruler of humanity" type power. Almost all the politicians at the federal level seem to think like this, Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Looks like the pure candidate supports a 15 week ban too.
DeSantis does too
View Quote

Can you imagine Haley and DeSantis combining to get almost 20% of the primary vote in Trump's home state, in a race they aren't even participating in?

lol
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom goes both ways.

I agree. It’s things like this that will get have been getting dems elected.

Fixed it for you  
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Making 2024 about abortion bans is a great way to make sure the Democrats win.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top