Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Let Darwin win.

Between leftists wanting abortions and the extremist LGBT movement, it’s literally natural selection. That may sound cold but there’s a reason for it beyond social or political movements.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:13:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In 2020, Ohio went solidly Republican 53% to 45%.  In the 2023 special election, Issue 1 was on the ballot to add an amendment to the state constitution enshrining the right to abortion. It passed with 57% support. In 2019 Ohio passed and signed into law a near total abortion ban, which had been put on hold due to legal challenges. Those legal challenges were about to expire.

Like I said, countless right leaning voters care about having access to abortions. And it becomes a single issue for them, when that is threatened.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please, enlighten me with some facts.

In 2020, Ohio went solidly Republican 53% to 45%.  In the 2023 special election, Issue 1 was on the ballot to add an amendment to the state constitution enshrining the right to abortion. It passed with 57% support. In 2019 Ohio passed and signed into law a near total abortion ban, which had been put on hold due to legal challenges. Those legal challenges were about to expire.

Like I said, countless right leaning voters care about having access to abortions. And it becomes a single issue for them, when that is threatened.

The Ohio results had little to do with Republicans. And as I mentioned before, it was also largely driven by the marijuana measure.

"Liberals accounted for 34% of voters in Ohio exit poll results, up sharply from 20% in the 2022 midterms and 21% in the 2020 presidential election. That's a record-high turnout among liberals in Ohio exit polls dating back to 1984. They backed both the abortion and marijuana referenda by vast margins, 94-6% for abortion and 85-15% for marijuana."

Why Ohio voters approved abortion ballot measure, according to exit polling
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:20:47 AM EDT
[#3]
You can’t do a national ban. You have to do a constitutional amendment. It’s why Roe V Wade got shot down. Dems have to get abortion nationwide the same way.
Why do you have to play into their hands Republicans???
It’s a states issue. Win or die on the state level.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:24:58 AM EDT
[#5]
It’s 4D chess, MAGA told me so!
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:52:07 AM EDT
[#6]
This is 4d chess probably.

I bet it has something to do with releasing the kraken.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:12:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let Darwin win.

Between leftists wanting abortions and the extremist LGBT movement, it's literally natural selection. That may sound cold but there's a reason for it beyond social or political movements.
View Quote

They don't need to procreate. They get their converts by controlling the media and school classrooms.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:23:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Making 2024 about abortion bans is a great way to make sure the Democrats win.
View Quote

You know what?? If this attitude "Fuck for the thrill & then abort my living breathing seed like it's nothing but a cockroach" is so important to these Democrats, then let them win! Let them burn it all down if nothing else is more important to them then fucking their brains out and tossing the fetus in the trash. Maybe we don't deserve to survive as a nation. We are already well on our way to becoming a corrupt and violent 3rd world in every other way too. So be it. I will NOT surrender my principles and absolutes for votes.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:53:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You know what?? If this attitude "Fuck for the thrill & then abort my living breathing seed like it's nothing but a cockroach" is so important to these Democrats, then let them win! Let them burn it all down if nothing else is more important to them then fucking their brains out and tossing the fetus in the trash. Maybe we don't deserve to survive as a nation. We are already well on our way to becoming a corrupt and violent 3rd world in every other way too. So be it. I will NOT surrender my principles and absolutes for votes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll venture a guess that there are plenty of behaviors that you choose not to engage in even though they are legal to do.

Nobody is suggesting that you live your life in a manner inconsistent with your principles.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:59:37 AM EDT
[#10]
So much for it being a state issue I guess.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:01:01 AM EDT
[#11]
What a bunch of whiners
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm so glad those who support others letting babies be murdered are using their voices knowing they would've given their own mothers the right to ensure they never had a voice.

Be glad you're alive.

Tell the baby "you have no worth because your mom is a liberal."  It will be ok with me if she decides to stop your heartbeat.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#13]
The people who get abortions spit out kids I don't want to live around.

Not enough people get abortions.

If the feds paid people $10,000 to get fixed, we would eventually save billions.  

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#14]
what really amazes me is the cultural paradigm shift.

At a certain point in US history, say 1940's, the term wasn't mentioned in polite company since it referred to the killing of a fetus (Latin for baby). It was kind of a taboo.

The far leftists removed the taboo.

Now it's blasted across CNN, presidential candidates and ARF GD. Low class.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

*snip* I will NOT surrender my principles and absolutes for votes.
View Quote

Are you voting for Trump?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:28:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Good.

Abortion is a direct attack on the image and idea of God.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Whatever your personal convictions, it is campaign hemlock.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:41:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Some of the most pro choice people I know have children. It’s foolish to believe they want or like abortion. They want the option to obtain an abortion though.

Many women, not all, live in fear of rape or a pregnancy that risks their life, health or future fertility.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:42:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This and weed are stupid hills to die on.

I’m not in favor of abortion. But it has its place, especially considering it’s mostly democrats getting them. Why are we stacking the deck against our own interests?

They’re still gonna get abortions. Just like gay guys are still gonna have sex with each other, legally married or not.

You don’t like abortion? Don’t get one.

They don’t like guns? Don’t buy one.

Freedom goes both ways.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#20]
It’s a states issue and that needs to be reiterated.  Leave your option out of it, but if you must…..all talk of abortion needs to be started by saying it is being used as contraceptive now and not for those “extreme circumstances”…..also, tax payers should never be on the hook for it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#21]
OTOH, dems want abortion up to the moment of birth.  Which position is less evil?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Trump won’t lose against Biden

He’ll lose against his own big mouth
View Quote

Yep.  And when he does, he and his brain dead adulators will attribute it to electoral fraud.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
OTOH, dems want abortion up to the moment of birth.  Which position is less evil?
View Quote

If you believe life begins at conception, no position is more evil than the other.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So the folks you know that feel that way are going to vote for Biden instead of Trump??  Or simply not participate in politics for the time being.  
View Quote

At the moment people are just having a bit of disbelief at his position.  Some are coming to the realization that Trump will say anything to get elected which really undermines any credibility he had before.

If I had to guess, people will likely split on whether they will hold their nose and vote Trump as the lesser of two evils or vote 3rd party or just sit out this election all together.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

At the moment people are just having a bit of disbelief at his position.  Some are coming to the realization that Trump will say anything to get elected which really undermines any credibility he had before.

If I had to guess, people will likely split on whether they will hold their nose and vote Trump as the lesser of two evils or vote 3rd party or just sit out this election all together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the folks you know that feel that way are going to vote for Biden instead of Trump??  Or simply not participate in politics for the time being.  

Lol. Just a bit dramatic there....

You must be expecting a huge dip in the next round of polling, huh?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#26]
poison pill his own campaign?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I believe if the woman gets a abortion; then the sperm donor has to get casterated  
Fair play ?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I believe if the woman gets a abortion; then the sperm donor has to get casterated  
Fair play ?
View Quote

Seems real stupid to me. Better take:

If a woman chooses to take a pregnancy to term without the male's consent, the male has no support obligations or parental rights. States that ban abortion, where the male has waived their rights, will be required to pay child support on the male's behalf, and can weigh in as the father on issues required consent from both "parents."
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Well, it was fun while it lasted. Dreaming about Trump winning now will be the same as dreaming about what you would do with all that lottery money...

He just gave Dems their talking point for the rest of the election cycle, they will hone in on this and it's what they will use to push people from Trump.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#31]
And with that, he puts a nail in the coffin of his presidential aspirations.

He just cant help himself.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Some of the most pro choice people I know have children. It’s foolish to believe they want or like abortion. They want the option to obtain an abortion though.

Many women, not all, live in fear of rape or a pregnancy that risks their life, health or future fertility.
View Quote

Most adament/absolutist pro-life people don't think about that.

They just assume everyone who gets an abortion treats it like birth control and says to her hookups "I'm not on birth control, but it's OK, I'll just get an abortion".

I'm pro choice because I don't ever want my wife to be forced to carry a non-viable fetus to term at a severe risk to her own life and future fertility. I don't think some girl who was raped by her uncle should be forced to have his child.

Now an absolutist pro lifer will probably say "oh well, that HARDLY ever happens". That is a terrible way to look at it. More than likely most people will never need a gun in self defense, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to have or carry them.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:39:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Some of the most pro choice people I know have children. It's foolish to believe they want or like abortion. They want the option to obtain an abortion though.

View Quote
That's only a fraction of the abortions performed. I can easily find stats that say 1% of abortions are from rape.

In a multiple choice survey on reason for abortion
74% said "having a baby would dramatically change my life"
73% said "can't afford a baby now"
48% cited "don't want to be a single mother" or "relationship issues"
38% said "I have finished childbearing"

Basically abortion is just a form of contraception, and most pro-lifers, especially those who are elected, are fine with exceptions for rape/incest.

And ectopic pregnancies aren't viable pregnancies, and no one is suggesting to ban those. It's a fear tactic from the left who want to be able to choose up till crowning.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That's only a fraction of the abortions performed. I can easily find stats that say 1% of abortions are from rape.

Basically abortion is just a form of contraception, and most pro-lifers, especially those who are elected, are fine with exceptions for rape/incest.

And ectopic pregnancies aren't viable pregnancies, and no one is suggesting to ban those. It's a fear tactic from the left who want to be able to choose up till crowning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of the most pro choice people I know have children. It's foolish to believe they want or like abortion. They want the option to obtain an abortion though.

So they should trust Republicans when they say they only want to ban abortion after 15-weeks?

Just like we should trust democrats when they say they only want to ban assault weapons?

Slippery slope is not limited to the 2A. It applies to all issues of government control over ordinary citizens
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So they should trust Republicans when they say they only want to ban abortion after 15-weeks?

Just like we should trust democrats when they say they only want to ban assault weapons?

Slippery slope is not limited to the 2A. It applies to all issues of government control over ordinary citizens
View Quote
That is why word choices are so important. If the GOP frames it as protecting first trimester abortion while limiting late term abortions (which a vast majority of citizens support both of), it puts democrats on defense if they oppose it.  

The point is to remain solidly in the populist range of policy so you are never on the defense .  You don't have to defend what's overwhelmingly popular
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#36]
It would have been better to simply state that SCOTUS has confirmed that abortion is a state issue.

There is no gain in firing everyone up, nation wide.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Polls are tools to sway voters. They don't reflect reality. They are often wrong.

The only polls I've ever had sent to me had bias. The verbiage was designed to get people like me to fill it out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Good.

View Quote

Correct.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#39]
The Democrats want to make abortion an issue as they have nothing  to run on.

The Left wants you to forget about:

Open borders

Forced poison shots (that don't work)

Afghanistan equipment abandonment

Inflation

Tax increases

Fossil fuel bans

Gun bans for the law abiding

DEI

Sex change operations for minors (without parental consent)

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You can’t do a national ban. ....
View Quote

I'll let the philisphical preaching rage on with the two camps on it's own.  But this legal item keeps getting repeated over and over and over again.  

But the USSC very loudly did not say that.  They said it is up to the legislature to decide.  They did not say State legislature.  They did not say a fertilized egg is defined as a Human, and so protected.  They said the topic was up to the legislature to decide all of that.  And not up to the courts.  Even the ProAbortion educated ones know RvW was just bad law and ruling.  RBG laid out the road map on how to get "better" more sound legal ruling from USSC, and you can bet your ass that's the long-game play going on right now.  And is probably why Alito wrote that its up to the legslature and not the courts.  To try and keep the courts out of it.  Meanwhile, Jackson was step 1.  All they need is one more.  And they'll have it.  And Kegan will be writting the majority opinion on why the courts get to decide now. (Don't bank on Jack shit from Roberts - he overturned RvW because it was bad law, give him that in better law, and don't bank on him at all).

But in the meantime, if Fed passes something on this, you can bank on USSC not overturning it.  They never said Fed gov doesn't have that authority.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its 3 months before the convention.  Polls are worthless right now and anyone putting stock in them is a joke.

24 states have banned abortions before the 15 week mark.  If Trump establishes a ban only after 15 week point its going to be seen as a major loss and betrayal that will absolutely drive people away from Trump.

That's not "dramatic", thats reality.  And you're not going to be able to escape reality.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Its 3 months before the convention.  Polls are worthless right now and anyone putting stock in them is a joke.

24 states have banned abortions before the 15 week mark.  If Trump establishes a ban only after 15 week point its going to be seen as a major loss and betrayal that will absolutely drive people away from Trump.

That's not "dramatic", thats reality.  And you're not going to be able to escape reality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, ok...

Guess what - Trump ran in 2016 on overturning Roe V Wade and banning abortion. He specifically stated it was his goal.

Here he is in March of 2016, also 3 months before the convention, saying it should be banned and women who broke his yet-to-be abortion laws, should be punished...
Donald Trump: There has to be some form of punishment for women who have abortions

Do you recall what happened that election? Oh yeah, he won with historic turnout.

The pearl-clutching that goes on here about abortion is ridiculous. The left has convinced us that in order to win, we have to do what they would do. Meanwhile, all that ever did was make us lose.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Trump is a dumbass.

Congressional legislation does not make a abortion ban constitutional, only a ratified amendment can do that.

It is a state matter to regulate or not regulate. Congress, like the courts cannot change that.

Dipshits, all of them.

View Quote

I’m a Trump fan and I agree 100% with this.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Abortion is killing a potential libtard. Why should be get our panties in a wad over this. Conservative people are responsible people, legal or not abortion won't be a problem for us. Let them kill their future.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah, ok...

Guess what - Trump ran in 2016 on overturning Roe V Wade and banning abortion. He specifically stated it was his goal.

Here he is in March of 2016, also 3 months before the convention, saying it should be banned and women who broke his yet-to-be abortion laws, should be punished...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n-SgCndBWE

Do you recall what happened that election? Oh yeah, he won with historic turnout.

The pearl-clutching that goes on here about abortion is ridiculous. The left has convinced us that in order to win, we have to do what they would do. Meanwhile, all that ever did was make us lose.

View Quote

OK, cool.  You're proving my point for me though.

In 2016 Trump campaigned on overturning RvW & evangelicals turned out for him.  RvW was overturned by SCOTUS & 24 states enacted abortion bans ranging from total bans to 15 week bans.  Those are major wins we've been working toward for decades.

Now Trump is pitching a federal ban on abortions after 15 weeks.  To single issue pro life evangelicals, allowing abortions for 15 weeks is seen as a major betrayal, loss, and basically a return to the status quo that existed under RvW.  That is going to push a lot of pro life evangelicals out of the Trump camp.

I realize that people who think politics is just a team sport will never understand it, but principle driven voters vote their principles.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

In 2016 Trump campaigned on overturning RvW & evangelicals turned out for him.  RvW was overturned by SCOTUS & 24 states enacted abortion bans ranging from total bans to 15 week bans.  Those are major wins we've been working toward for decades.

Now Trump is pitching a federal ban on abortions after 15 weeks.  To single issue pro life evangelicals, allowing abortions for 15 weeks is seen as a major betrayal, loss, and basically a return to the status quo that existed under RvW.  That is going to push a lot of pro life evangelicals out of the Trump camp.

I realize that people who think politics is just a team sport will never understand it, but principle driven voters vote their principles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, ok...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n-SgCndBWE

Sorry, but saying that Trump adding  more abortion restrictions will cost him evangelical votes is laughable.

Let skip the nonsense and wager a PMAG on November. I say his numbers do not dip below the lowest of his previous elections (56%). We'll use Pew Research exit polls and stick to protestants for simplicity.

Ready to put your money where your mouth is?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sorry, but saying that Trump adding  more abortion restrictions will cost him evangelical votes is laughable.

Let skip the nonsense and wager a PMAG on November. I say his numbers do not dip below the lowest of his previous elections (56%). We'll use Pew Research exit polls and stick to protestants for simplicity.

Ready to put your money where your mouth is?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/291119/1000023561_png-3165427.JPG
View Quote

My man, this is the second time you've talked right past what I am saying with your own prefab talking points.

Trump is not adding more abortion restrictions, he is walking them back federally which will make it harder for us to maintain under 15 week bans on the stateside.

Its OK, you don't understand single issue pro life evangelicals.  If you did you'd know that evangelicals are a subset of protestants with a pretty distinct identity that doesn't follow over arching protestant norms.

Plus, if you did you would know that we dont gamble.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My man, this is the second time you've talked right past what I am saying with your own prefab talking points.

Trump is not adding more abortion restrictions, he is walking them back federally which will make it harder for us to maintain under 15 week bans on the stateside.

Its OK, you don't understand single issue pro life evangelicals.  If you did you'd know that evangelicals are a subset of protestants with a pretty distinct identity that doesn't follow over arching protestant norms.

Plus, if you did you would know that we dont gamble.  
View Quote

Enlighten me.  How does a federal 15 week limit for abortions make states have to walk anything back?

The only thing it does is force states like NY to have a threshold there, while other states can go even further if they want.

And nowhere in the bible does it say gambling is a sin. Especially a silly, $15 piece of plastic.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Enlighten me.  How does a federal 15 week limit for abortions make states have to walk anything back?

The only thing it does is force states like NY to have a threshold there, while other states can go even further if they want.

And nowhere in the bible does it say gambling is a sin. Especially a silly, $15 piece of plastic.
View Quote

It doesn't "make" us walk our bans back, but there are stiff campaigns in every state with bans in place.  A federal 15 week ban is going to give them ammunition to push back against existing bans.

And we don't gamble because its poor stewardship.  We get what we have because we work for it.  

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Except every gun control law is blatantly unconstitutional, while abortion is specifically a states rights issue.

But the stats I cited show pro-choicers argue "well we need to keep abortion because of rape, incest, and dangerous pregnancies" but that's not what they actually want as it's statistically insignificant. They are being as big of liars with that as they are saying "we only want to ban assault weapons" as violence caused by "assault weapons" are also statistically insignificant. I call BS on both.

Irregardless, I don't think it speaks well for the state on our country when "our" side is fine with abortion because "it helps win elections" or "it's liberal babies getting killed". It is just one of many ways our society has morally degraded.

"We have no Government armed with Power capable of contending with human Passions unbridled by morality and Religion. Avarice, Ambition, Revenge or Gallantry, would break the strongest Cords of our Constitution as a Whale goes through a Net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Those words were said 225 years ago, and we are seeing it played out today. IMO, that's the cancer that's killing America and the Constitution. We are a people unbridled by morality and religion, and both sides are guilty. 87% of the posters here are already black-pilled on elections as meaningless or will change nothing, so why so concerned about compromising morality to win them? Maybe we should try standing up for what's right first and foremost.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top