Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Is trump getting rid of diesel particulate filters?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m on board with that. I can’t seem to understand the whole idiocy as to want to drive a car from japan or South Korea.
View Quote

We like cars that hold value and don't break constantly.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the "engine off" threads talked about how it's optional already, you just have to find that submenu in the control system and turn it off.

If there is a brave arfcommer who is willing to take one for the team, here's the link:

SAFE vehicle propositions

A 3.5 Ecoboost in a new Bronco?
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great news! American families will now be able to buy safer, more affordable, and environmentally friendly cars with our new SAFE VEHICLES RULE. Get rid of those old, unsafe clunkers. Build better and safer American cars and create American jobs. Buy American!
View Quote

This is really for the marxists hacks out in calli..

How dare they direct the course of the automotive industry and force the entire country and economy to bend to their will..

all those emissions regs, forcing car manufacturers around the world to build special cars for one state... gtfo.

It could be summed up simply saying..

Get back in line punk!
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can we get rid of the automatic engine off at stoplights?
View Quote

Yes.

And most can have that ridiculous feature deactivated anyway.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There's a chance that might become optional.

A lot of the bullshit we are putting up with as consumers, is specifically because of the EPA CAFE shit.
By turning the dial down even slightly, it gives the manufacturer a lot of options, and consumers more choices.
View Quote

True, but he should have put a stop to it, with a reevaluation of rules three years down the road. And then put off the reevaluation... "Forever."
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

And EGR?
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’m on board with that. I can’t seem to understand the whole idiocy as to want to drive a car from japan or South Korea.
View Quote

Wohoo, protectionism!!!1!
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If he really wants to help Americans, he should trash the T2/3/4 diesel emissions bullshit (EGRs, DPFs and DEF), and allow engineers the time to design an actual solution that isn't designed to murder the engines it's placed on instead of the daisy chain clusterfuck of systems we have now.

Even if tailpipe emissions went up, overall emissions would go down, because the daisy chain clusterfuck systems actually burn more fuel.
View Quote
I'll subscribe to your newsletter, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#10]
”Get rid of those old, unsafe clunkers. Build better and safer American cars and create American jobs. “

This better not mean he’s trying to make us get rid of our classic muscles cars.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Now we're talking about saving cash and clunkers?

Anyone ever REALLY seen him and Obama at the same time? The inauguration could have been a double...
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Hope I can legally ditch my DEF
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#13]
In todays current climate, my car/truck is safer because it's full of guns.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As a guy who rode motorcycles for 45 years I consider any car "safe".
View Quote

If they want safety have them automatically shut off every time a 16-30 yr old begins to text
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why one blend?  That sounds communist.  I want more blends and more ethanol choices!
I want to be able to put fuel in my vehicles like those drink machines that offer 100 unique choices

- 87 octane No Ethanol for small engines (lawn mowers, string trimmers, Miatas)
- 89 octane 10% ethanol
- 93 octane 10% ethanol
- 105 octane 10%, 20%, 30% ethanol (forced induction, ethanol choices for charge air cooling and ability to control air:fuel ratios without electronics)
- 112 octane oxygenated
- E85 (actual 85% ethanol with 15% tier-1 93 octane)
- E98 (2% methanol)
- E100 with or without Hawaiian Fruit Punch (must show 18+ I.D.)
- Methanol and nitromethane mix
- Diesel (high cetane with sulfur)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about  one blend of fuel and no ethanol ??????

Why one blend?  That sounds communist.  I want more blends and more ethanol choices!
I want to be able to put fuel in my vehicles like those drink machines that offer 100 unique choices

- 87 octane No Ethanol for small engines (lawn mowers, string trimmers, Miatas)
- 89 octane 10% ethanol
- 93 octane 10% ethanol
- 105 octane 10%, 20%, 30% ethanol (forced induction, ethanol choices for charge air cooling and ability to control air:fuel ratios without electronics)
- 112 octane oxygenated
- E85 (actual 85% ethanol with 15% tier-1 93 octane)
- E98 (2% methanol)
- E100 with or without Hawaiian Fruit Punch (must show 18+ I.D.)
- Methanol and nitromethane mix
- Diesel (high cetane with sulfur)

Yes with Extra sulfur like Starbucks
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If he dumps the cafe standards that would help everyone.
View Quote

That would be HUGE
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I rather enjoy my old, unsafe clunker.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Gay.

Get rid of CAFE, get rid of all alternative fuel tax breaks.  Let's see if the environweenies actually want to pay for this shit, or they just want to virtue signal by having us pay via government regulation
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Is this like cash-4-clunkers 2.0?
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Know what's cheaper than buying a new car?

Not buying new cars.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Trump is not a technical person or a car person, so I'm chalking his oddball comments up to that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is this like cash-4-clunkers 2.0?
View Quote

Not even a little bit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That would be HUGE
View Quote

You should read it. You’ll be HUGEly disappointed, like I was. It’s as far from what he’s pitching it as, as you can get.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Not buying new cars.
View Quote

But don't you want to spend 35,000 to save 3500? Think of the tax write-off!
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't like safe vehicles, and nobody will change my mind
View Quote

safe vehicles are for homos bro.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yes make sure you buy a newer car with OnStar so we can remotely disable it if you are doing something the Gov doesn’t approve of. Get rid of your car that doesn’t have GPS tracking and listening equipment if you leave your cell phone at home by accident.

Good on the emissions rollback. But forget getting cars you can’t control.
View Quote

Years ago when I was car shopping the clown tried to sell me one of the early OnStar type things bragging that if I had an accident it would automatically call the police.

No fucking way!" I replied. "If I have an accident I am most likely tanked up and the last thing I want is my car shouting 'Citizen's Arrest!  Citizen's Arrest!' and getting me carted off to the slam!"

The guy in the next cubicle promptly cancelled his OnStar. Both salessmen were PISSED.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Stay six feet away from other drivers.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#31]
At this point in my life, I'm happy as hell to watch liberal heads explode regularly. Best. President. Ever.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe there is a 100 trilly bill in the works so we can all get free and safe 2fiddys!
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:05:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not buying new cars.

It’s really not about that.

The CAFE standards are 1) Bullshit & 2) manufacturers have a built in price in to “buy” carbon credits because what they have asked for is made of in-fucking-obtanium, which is compounded bullshit, to “lower” fleet emissions, but it doesn’t really lower anything. It’s just a scam by the envrirocunts (aka dueche bag liberals) to fuck people buying a new vehicles because 3) CO2 is not the fuckin devil it’s made out to be, it is a natural & necessary compound that comprises ~.004% of the atmospheric gases, albeit designated through misrepresented science is, indeed, NOT, a so-called “greenhouse gas”. So anything, therefore, referencing or diatribing it as such is complete & utter bullshit. As is any and all efforts to reduce CO2 atmospheric composition.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:10:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Average price of decent new car is $50,000(just googled) and anything I'd actually want would probably be closer to $60,000 so lowering that a measly $3000 doesn't do much for me. 7 and 8 year car notes; no thanks.  I'll keep my beaters.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Just more platitudes from the head retard.  We really need a few trillion more in trump bucks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
if its coming from the government its not going to make anything cheaper
View Quote

Deregulation doesn't affect prices?  That's an interesting argument from a conservative.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:13:40 AM EDT
[#38]
To meet the cafe standards, they've had to make vehicles lighter, less structurally rigid.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:13:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Can he fix the MOTHERFUCKING GAS CANS while he's at it?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yes make sure you buy a newer car with OnStar so we can remotely disable it if you are doing something the Gov doesn’t approve of. Get rid of your car that doesn’t have GPS tracking and listening equipment if you leave your cell phone at home by accident.

Good on the emissions rollback. But forget getting cars you can’t control.
View Quote

...about 30 seconds and nobody can control anything on any new vehicle.... You just have to have enough common sense to figure it out..

Good on Trump to roll back these regulations that are killing our economy...
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That would be HUGE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be HUGE

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:20:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Trump could announce Cash for Clunkers 2.0 and half of GD would publically fellate him.
View Quote

And Trump could announce a major revamping of out of control auto regulations and 1/2 of Gd would still attack him just because their guy sucked at campaigning...
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) today released the final Safer Affordable Fuel-Efficient (SAFE) Vehicles Rule setting corporate average fuel economy (CAFE) and CO2 emissions standards for model years 2021-2026 passenger cars and light trucks.

“This rule reflects the Department’s #1 priority—safety—by making newer, safer, cleaner vehicles more accessible for Americans who are, on average, driving 12-year-old cars.  By making newer, safer, and cleaner vehicles more accessible for American families, more lives will be saved and more jobs will be created,” said U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine L. Chao.  “Today, President Trump is keeping his promise to autoworkers made three years ago that he would reinvigorate American auto manufacturing by updating costly, increasingly unachievable fuel economy and vehicle CO2 emissions standards, and that is what the Safer Affordable Fuel-Efficient Vehicles Rule accomplishes.”

“We are delivering on President Trump’s promise to correct the current fuel economy and greenhouse gas emissions standards,” said EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler.  “Our final rule puts in place a sensible one national program that strikes the right regulatory balance that protects our environment, and sets reasonable targets for the auto industry.  This rule supports our economy, and the safety of American families.”

The final rule will increase stringency of CAFE and CO2 emissions standards by 1.5% each year through model year 2026, as compared with the standards issued in 2012, which would have required about 5% annual increases.  This is a change from the proposal issued in 2018.  The majority of automakers are not meeting the 2012 standard without resorting to the use of credits.  The final rule can be found at:
View Quote

This I understand.  Trump is starting to sound like a DC politician. Please, just the straight talk Mr. President.

Oh, and can I now delete the fucking DEF on my truck? I'm tired of having to climb under the hood to fill up with $30 worth of urine.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#44]
GM is gonna install a ventilator in every new model, so you can safely deliver your in-laws to the FEMA 'field hospital', when they get the Covid.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:46:39 AM EDT
[#45]
I’ll only buy new if I can spray down my floorboards with a garden hose and not worry about frying all the electronics.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:54:20 AM EDT
[#46]
To comply with the Obama fuel standards, car manufacturers made cars lighter, which made them deadlier in crashes for their occupants.

"USA Today further calculated that the "size and weight reductions of passenger vehicles undertaken to meet current CAFE standards had resulted in more than 46,000 deaths."

https://www.oneidadispatch.com/news/michelle-malkin-obama-s-sneaky-deadly-costly-car-tax/article_05d7f805-5b7b-51db-bcd6-c0a7ae89e40a.html
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:04:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe GM would be able to make a truck that doesn't look like ass. RIP decent looking Chevy trucks 1918-2019 (only 2019 with the LD model)
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:37:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Maybe the second stimulus will give everyone enough to buy a new made in America safe vehicle?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:44:44 AM EDT
[#49]
He's rolling back some goofy emissions and encouraging you to buy a new car and help the economy...

That's what I'm getting out of the tweets
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 6:01:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top