Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I distinctly remember Trump saying multiple times before the election that this would be the case.  This goes back all the way to at least March.

OP is either a liar for suggesting it's 'slowly backing off' of campaign promises, or is stupid enough to believe the lying media.

Edit: Here's an article from PBS, in March.  
http://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/blog-post/donald-trump-wants-build-wall-border-mexico-can-he-do-it
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In this thread, we hear from people who have never seen the Rio Grande.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It would be stupid to not use natural barriers when you can.

Non-issue created by a biased media but never Trumpers will eat it up.

There are mountains! Just like a wall. Totally impassible.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Just a gentle reminder kind sir, you do not have expertise in the Trump field.
View Quote

Correct, I have not drunk deep yet of the Orange Kool Aid.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Correct, I have not drunk deep yet of the Orange Kool Aid.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

My favorite Rio Grande story?

Skeeter Skelton is with the Border Patrol. One fine evening he sees a Mexican crossing with some bootleg on a "submerged bridge"- couple of planks in the river so you don't get quite as wet. As the guy gets to the US side Skeeter comes out of the brush and tells him to stop, Border Patrol etc.....Guy goes for a gun in his belt. Skeeter fills him full of holes and he falls in the water. There is an inquest, no gun found on the body.....but since it's now full on dark they decide to come back in the morning and drag the river for a gun.....

When they do? They find THREE GUNS!......

THAT is how you secure the border.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why exactly would we need to build a wall here?

http://www.afterhourtechs.com/misc/mexicoborder.jpg
View Quote

What you need there is access so BP can effectively control the area.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Good thing hes not electable
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's it, I want a recount and be allowed to change my vote to Stein Stalin.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:21:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't get me wrong... we probably don't need a border wall along most of the border.     But the Rio Grande itself isn't going to do shit to stop anyone.   I drove some of the "river road" in big bend a few weeks ago.  

If they really want to put a dent in illegal immigration, hire more investigators to track down people that overstay their visa.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#10]
So if Trump isn't a true conservative, which one was? Rubio? Jeb!?

Cruz may have been a sound conservative, but has other baggage, including the fact he has no executive experience, which is more important than high level government experience of the legislative type. He also likely wouldn't have won states like PA; he would have had to follow a more traditional GOP map to the WH which likely would mean POTUS Elect Clinton at this point.

No matter who we elected, we would have disappointments. Trump's cabinet is forming up well in most cases. He's outperformed my expectations so far.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or we could have Jeb! welcoming them as they come in. That would be so much better.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Liberals want High Speed Trains (because Europe has them and they are great beneficiaries of Government Welfare and vehicles of social equality (it sucks for everyone))

Conservatives and right-thinking Americans want a wall.

How about an elevated railroad bed from Brownsville to A Whale's Vagina?

High Speed Rail AND a wall!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you actually thing the wall was going to go unbroken from the gulf to the pacific?

Liberals want High Speed Trains (because Europe has them and they are great beneficiaries of Government Welfare and vehicles of social equality (it sucks for everyone))

Conservatives and right-thinking Americans want a wall.

How about an elevated railroad bed from Brownsville to A Whale's Vagina?

High Speed Rail AND a wall!!!

i like the way you think!
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I live on the border I can see the "vicious river" from my front porch so I went down there today and took a picture to show just how vicious it is:

I am standing in the middle of the freaking Rio Grande!

Now if you were to walk down that riverbed about two klicks you would have Mexico on the right bank. US on the left.

I don't think Trump is lying about the vicious river I think whoever he is getting his information from however is lying their ass off to him.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't care what it is that is done, as long as it's something.  He could add BP and rename them to "The Wall" for all I care.  As long as some effort is made.

He could do more by empowering the BP and adding a few then a wall would in a lot of cases.
View Quote

No you don't want that,  that is all they have been doing for decades, they add more agents and then say they are doing something about border security to shut people up. The only reason they want agents instead of a wall is that a wall can't be told to stand down, a wall can't be told to only patrol in certain areas, a wall can't be told to look the other way.  A wall takes much of our border security out of the hands of the federal government whose track record for the last 4 decades show that it can in no way be trusted. If we had a wall during Obama's presidency he would not have been able to do an nth of the damage to the country he has done with illegal immigration.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Is it too early for the NeverTrumps to start telling us how Trump won't be reelected?
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's hilarious.
View Quote

Its part of the continuing freedom boner. The angst and anguish of the left with the icing of the indignant NTs
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:53:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right, you know.

Rio Grande's Santa Elena Canyon.

West of Taos

Mariscal Canyon

Tule Canyon
(ETA, not Rio Grande)
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:11:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Trump says his famous wall might not stretch along the whole border because the US is protected by 'mountains and vicious rivers'

Donald Trump has said his famous wall might not stretch along the whole US-Mexican border because America is protected by 'mountains and vicious rivers'.
The wall was his stand-out promise on his manifesto in the race to the White House, as he promised to build a 2,000-mile structure funded by Mexico.
But since he was unveiled as the 45th President, he has appeared tentative in coming forward with exactly what his grand plan will look like, and now he says the geography of the area would take care of drug traffickers.
View Quote

He is starting to slowly back off his campaign promises, there are no "vicious" rivers down here,  you can wade across the Rio Grande when it has water flowing and most areas it is not even knee high, you can walk across when it is dry and it is dry for months at a time.

At this rate he will be at the "we will just  hire more BP agents" status quo position by the time he takes office.
View Quote

i think any reasonable person capable of rational thought would realize that building a wall along the entire border is such a large task that it is probably impossible from a financial standpoint alone, not to mention logistics.

Sure, the chinese did it centuries ago, but how much of that labor was slave labor.

I'd be good with walls built over the easy access area, and surveillance over the not so easy access areas.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:35:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Enforce existing immigration laws.
Cut funding from sanctuary cities.
Buckle down on employer citizenship laws.
Let border patrol do their jobs.
Make schools and employers financially responsible for overstayed visas.

No construction required.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Somebody needs to tell him that 90 miles of ocean didn't work.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:47:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:50:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nope, they're just pointing out when Trump doesn't deliver.

Oh wait!

That's a cardinal sin against the Mango Messiah.

BURN THE HERETIC!

View Quote

Do you guys by chance know exactly when Trump becomes president? Here is a hint..it's not yesterday, or today...or even tomorrow.....
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:51:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Enforce existing immigration laws.
Cut funding from sanctuary cities.
Buckle down on employer citizenship laws.
Let border patrol do their jobs.
Make schools and employers financially responsible for overstayed visas.

No construction required.
View Quote

All those things indeed need to be done (along with cutting off any and all welfare benefits, healthcare, education), but part of Trump's justification for the wall is cutting off the flow of drugs and thugs... who don't really care much about immigration law or being gainfully employed.  It's also symbolic; sending a clear message to Mexico and beyond that the U.S. immigration game has changed.  Making them pay for it - which he will, indirectly - drives the point all the way home.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:59:33 AM EDT
[#24]
You mean Mr. Trump lies?
You SIR are insane!!
Quoted:

View Quote

I know I shouldnt enjoy this, but Trump means years worth of morbid entertainment.
A couple years more down the road and the Trumpeters (or whatever they call themselves) will be:
"I like what Mr. Trump is doing to me... the lube actually feels nice... Now I dont need to get my prostate checked! Thank you MR. Trump! Suck on that NeverTrumpers"
FerFAL

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:05:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Listen, he's totally going to drain the swamp.

He's going to stick it to Goldman Sachs!

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/11/30/come-on-trump-considering-president-of-goldman-sachs-for-budget-chief/

View Quote

Yes, thats his way of getting rid of all the Wall Street mafia... ... thats why the MSM "hates" Trump... by giving him most of the air time during the campaign...  because thats what the media does when they want to boycot your campaign..??...
Its concerning becuase Trump won thanks to fanatics, and theres no logic with fanatics, they will literally go down their knees for the guy.
Its actually pretty dangerous.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:09:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So if Trump isn't a true conservative, which one was? Rubio? Jeb!?

Cruz may have been a sound conservative, but has other baggage, including the fact he has no executive experience, which is more important than high level government experience of the legislative type. He also likely wouldn't have won states like PA; he would have had to follow a more traditional GOP map to the WH which likely would mean POTUS Elect Clinton at this point.

No matter who we elected, we would have disappointments. Trump's cabinet is forming up well in most cases. He's outperformed my expectations so far.
View Quote

Really?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:11:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No you don't want that,  that is all they have been doing for decades, they add more agents and then say they are doing something about border security to shut people up. The only reason they want agents instead of a wall is that a wall can't be told to stand down, a wall can't be told to only patrol in certain areas, a wall can't be told to look the other way.  A wall takes much of our border security out of the hands of the federal government whose track record for the last 4 decades show that it can in no way be trusted. If we had a wall during Obama's presidency he would not have been able to do an nth of the damage to the country he has done with illegal immigration.
View Quote

Exactly!
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:12:45 AM EDT
[#28]

Yeah, because no man could climb that!
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:16:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You mean Mr. Trump lies?
You SIR are insane!!

I know I shouldnt enjoy this, but Trump means years worth of morbid entertainment.
A couple years more down the road and the Trumpeters (or whatever they call themselves) will be:
"I like what Mr. Trump is doing to me... the lube actually feels nice... Now I dont need to get my prostate checked! Thank you MR. Trump! Suck on that NeverTrumpers"
FerFAL
View Quote

I can't wait to hear their excuses when he proposes a new amnesty that is exactly like the gang of 8.
It's gonna be funny as hell.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#30]
In this thread, we watch NeverTrumps argue simultaneously that the wall wouldn't work, and Trump is lying about building a wall which is bad because the Mexicans can swim/climb through the unwalled portions.

This is like some bizarre Who's Line is it Anyway episode.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I can't wait to hear their excuses when he proposes a new amnesty that is exactly like the gang of 8.
View Quote

Maybe you could try not being such a pessimistic, negative, nancy boy.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:17:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's no way for him to be optimistic because he already lost.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:18:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In this thread, we watch NeverTrumps argue simultaneously that the wall wouldn't work, and Trump is lying about building a wall which is bad because the Mexicans can swim/climb through the unwalled portions.

View Quote

Also, the Nevertrumpers think Trump is stupid for not building fences around cliffs.

You can't make this shit up!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:18:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

There's no way for him to be optimistic because he already lost.
View Quote

Well then there's the fact that he is broken.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:21:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Also, the Nevertrumpers think Trump is stupid for not building fences around cliffs.

You can't make this shit up!!
View Quote

They're arguing both sides simultaneously. It's amazing.

Give it a couple weeks, the "Trump stands no shot of getting the 2020 RNC nomination."
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yeah, because no man could climb that!
View Quote

Of course they could, with enough time and effort.

A lot more time and effort than it would take to scale a 20' wall.

There's really no such thing as a (practical) impenetrable barrier.  Even the most tightly-controlled borders (E/W Germany, N/S Korea, etc.) are breached occasionally.  But all the neener-neener-I-told-you-so stuff about the Wall not being a contiguous, homogeneous stretch of concrete and steel is horseshit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Of course they could, with enough time and effort.

A lot more time and effort than it would take to scale a 20' wall.

There's really no such thing as a (practical) impenetrable barrier.  Even the most tightly-controlled borders (E/W Germany, N/S Korea, etc.) are breached occasionally.  But all the neener-neener-I-told-you-so stuff about the Wall not being a contiguous, homogeneous stretch of concrete and steel is horseshit.
View Quote

Moving goal posts. They are so desperate for the "I TOLD YOU SO!" that they were deprived on November 8'th.

You know they were pissed when the results came in
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Moving goal posts. They are so desperate for the "I TOLD YOU SO!" that they were deprived on November 8'th.

You know they were pissed when the results came in
View Quote

Criticizing Trump for not putting a 20 foot fence around 100 to 200 foot cliffs!!!

That is so fucking ridiculous that I can't stop fucking laughing.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:26:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Summary of your logic as best as I can tell:

Wanting to elevate ARfcom to talking about issues instead of mudslinging = holier than thou
Mudslinging = troll
Wanting Trump to adhere to the Constitution = concerned nevertrumper
Wanting Trump to be right on the issues and not need to be attacked = wanting him to be attacked more on the issues
Not engaging in mudslinging because there hasn't been many policies proposed yet = I must be being sarcastic about "refraining from judging too harshly because he's not even president yet"

I guess I was hoping you had me on your ignore list.
View Quote

Don't you want to make America great again?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Looks like a weak natural barrier to me. I could jump across that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why exactly would we need to build a wall here?

http://www.afterhourtechs.com/misc/mexicoborder.jpg

Looks like a weak natural barrier to me. I could jump across that.

You can just wade across, apparently.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:47:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
To be clear, arguments can only come from your personal approved sources?
View Quote

You don't think that after the blatant bias and collusion that we've seen clear evidence of source checking is more important than ever?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Criticizing Trump for not putting a 20 foot fence around 100 to 200 foot cliffs!!!

That is so fucking ridiculous that I can't stop fucking laughing.

View Quote

Trump should tear down the 200 foot cliffs and build a 20 foot wall.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:53:04 AM EDT
[#44]
I think if you look at a map of the entire US/Mexico border, it's not all in Texas. The Colorado river would also be a natural barrier in places, as well as some of the terrain in CA, and AZ.

Quoted:
I live on the border I can see the "vicious river" from my front porch so I went down there today and took a picture to show just how vicious it is:

http://imgur.com/a/ghFsH

I am standing in the middle of the freaking Rio Grande!

Now if you were to walk down that riverbed about two klicks you would have Mexico on the right bank. US on the left.

I don't think Trump is lying about the vicious river I think whoever he is getting his information from however is lying their ass off to him.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:56:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

What? Where?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just watch.
He never planned on deporting all illegals. Mark my words. He has already said so.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:00:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Well then there's the fact that he is broken.
View Quote

I am a republican, my party won. My party's leader is way less than conservative and I will bitch when he acts like a liberal or goes back on his campaign promises.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:12:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I am a republican, my party won. My party's leader is way less than conservative and I will bitch when he acts like a liberal or goes back on his campaign promises.
View Quote

To be fair, I've seen some posts of yours since the election where you've given Trump credit for those actions of his you agree with.  Props for trying to play fair.

If Trump suddenly goes all liberal, it won't be only his detractors that are disappointed. Hell, I'll haul the tar and feathers to D.C. myself.  Don't think it's gonna happen, though.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:17:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Way ahead of you:
"Ha! Now those dirty immigrants HAVE to stay here, do the jobs we dont want and keep our economy growing! Suck on THAT NeverTrumpers"! MAGA!
Thats a Trump zealot logic right there.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top