BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Centerfire rifles and HK clones seem fine. The pistols are hit and miss. Shotguns are pure garbage. The ammo seems fine - sometimes stinky.

Turkish Lira is down 90% in the last 10 years. 70% in the last two.
View Quote

Not correct, Turks have been making guns as long as the Italians. They have for decades been making excellent shotguns and bolt guns.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait till they jack the staccato
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not correct, Turks have been making guns as long as the Italians. They have for decades been making excellent shotguns and bolt guns.
View Quote

Excellent shotguns for decades…no.  They don’t have the alloy consistency in their steel that Europe has…nor the machining QC.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I disagree with that.

I picked up a 870 clone to try and it ended up being better than anything Remington put out since 2005 or so. I liked it so much that I bought five - they were only $79 each. Complete parts compatibility except for the ejector bar. Everything else is identical.
View Quote

Link please?
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#6]

DUDE!  

Put classic wood on that, with as much attention to detail as done on the 1911, and I'm looking for my checkbook
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

When was this?  Didn't think Tisas had been importing all that long.
View Quote

They've been coming in for years. Zenith used to import Tisas handguns. Then they imported batches exclusively for CDNN. Now SDS is the current importer.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, no they haven't. I'm referring to the excellent part of this comment.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wait till they jack the staccato
View Quote

Fuck that, I want an $800 Turkish knockoff of one of these:

Link Posted: 12/23/2022 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very Happy with my CZ Bobwhite G2.  What a fantastic shotgun.
View Quote

I just got one of these in 20 gauge. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I'm impressed with the fit and finish of it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The reverse-engineered MP5s that Turkey is producing have FTEs on some (but not all guns). Sometimes this is fixed by replacing the extractor with an HK extractor, other times this doesn't work. Recent internet fudd-lore is that you should replace the extractor with a German HK one as soon as you receive the $1000 gun.

AFAIK there are no AR-15s that cost $1000 and have the same reputation for FTEs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question for the CZ Turkish shotgun crowd.  How good is the customer service and are there replacement parts for high wear items?  

If the Turkish gun is a HK or 870 clone that shares interchangeable parts and doesn't have proprietary parts I wouldn't have a problem.

I've heard the CZ Turk guns are quite nice but I just can't see buying a $700 shotgun and not being able to fix it if it shits the bed out of warranty.

The reverse-engineered MP5s that Turkey is producing have FTEs on some (but not all guns). Sometimes this is fixed by replacing the extractor with an HK extractor, other times this doesn't work. Recent internet fudd-lore is that you should replace the extractor with a German HK one as soon as you receive the $1000 gun.

AFAIK there are no AR-15s that cost $1000 and have the same reputation for FTEs.
Either a troll or just ignorant.  In arf tradition, I will get both.  MKE is an HK licensed factory.  HK spec, HK machinery and HK assembly procedures.  Their guns just as durable as an HK.  Parts interchange, accessories fit and they run like an HK.

I'm sure I was beat in pointing out how wrong you are.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just ordered an AP5. If it's as awesome as everyone here says, I am tempted to go on a hipower.
View Quote

Oh you’re not going to be disappointed in that mp5. I have a POF (Pakistani) mp5 and it’s great, 100% functional and reliable but about 80% in the paint finish area. The MKE guns have a much nicer finish than mine and are now cheaper. If the MKE were around when I was buying I’d have chosen one of them hands down.  One of the coolest parts of the POF and MKE MP5s is that they’re true two pin guns. None of that shelf bullshit. They’re actually more authentic than HKs at this point.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So what are the details on the sub $1000 turkish mp5 that's worth getting? brand, model etc. I haven't kept up.
View Quote

Seriously?

Click AP5-M apply the coupon code “AP5” and join the phenomenon that is a semi-auto MP5/k for under a Grand.

I own an HK94 converted to MP5 specs by TSC with a Fleming auto-sear. I am also familiar with both the good & the bad of MKE guns. Honestly, this new crop of MKE MP5s being imported by Century are really nice.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Either a troll or just ignorant.  In arf tradition, I will get both.  MKE is an HK licensed factory.  HK spec, HK machinery and HK assembly procedures.  Their guns just as durable as an HK.  Parts interchange, accessories fit and they run like an HK.

View Quote

In ARF tradition, somebody who doesn't even have one yet is going to tell the rest of us how "they are just as goods" because that's what the internets told him.

As someone who fell for that BS, let me just say that has not been my experience with the AP5's at all. I have personally handled/shot 3 of them side by side with my SP5 and they are not the same. My SP5 has been 100% flawless in every way (Fit, function, etc.) but I can't say that about any of the AP5's. One AP5 has had FTE issues from the get go (and I expect the others to start because they come with subpar extractor springs). All 3 have wobbly mag wells. Both AP5Ps have issues with HK factory trigger housings and forends fitting properly (which then leads to issues fitting stocks/braces) and 1 of the AP5P's has an out of spec 3 lug mount.

So no, they are not the same or "just as good" but they are cheap and can be made to run if they have issues so maybe "good enough" is a more apt term.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Gotta say I own a few “Turkish” guns. An awesome Stoeger Cougar, few Girsan HPs, Tisa Regent HO, and 2 of those crappy M4 clones ( SDS TAC 12 and an early Copolla T4 ) that have been 100% over thousands of rounds.

Gotta say they can do good work at a reasonable cost.

Link Posted: 12/24/2022 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

In ARF tradition, somebody who doesn't even have one yet is going to tell the rest of us how "they are just as goods" because that's what the internets told him.

As someone who fell for that BS, let me just say that has not been my experience with the AP5's at all. I have personally handled/shot 3 of them side by side with my SP5 and they are not the same. My SP5 has been 100% flawless in every way (Fit, function, etc.) but I can't say that about any of the AP5's. One AP5 has had FTE issues from the get go (and I expect the others to start because they come with subpar extractor springs). All 3 have wobbly mag wells. Both AP5Ps have issues with HK factory trigger housings and forends fitting properly (which then leads to issues fitting stocks/braces) and 1 of the AP5P's has an out of spec 3 lug mount.

So no, they are not the same or "just as good" but they are cheap and can be made to run if they have issues so maybe "good enough" is a more apt term.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an AP5 that runs great.  Runs just like my DOJ 94 that I had years ago.  My brace actually fits a bit better than the brace I had for my SP5.  Sold the SP5 when they hit 4K.  I really should pick up another now that they are below 3k.  I'm hoping used ones hit $2500 but I may not have time.  An AWB is on the horizon here in Michigan.  I might have to fo sooner.

I think they are more than good enough but some might need work.  

Proof of life

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/24/2022 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m going to split the baby here a little, I think that you can make the case that they are not quite as finely made as the HK SP5 and the quality control inspections are not as stringent.  More turds slip through that would then need to be replaced or fixed under warranty.  It is more likely that you are going to get a gun that has some problems that either needs a small part replaced or needs to go back with the MKE compared to the HK.  However they are made at a factory that was/is HK licensed and MKE has the HK TDP for the MP5.  

Having said that, the vast majority of them are going to be 100% either straight out of the box or especially after a couple hundred rounds of break in.  They are also closer to the “real“ MP5 since it’s a true 2 pin lower.  

I mean if we really want to get into durability, why are we listening to anyone that might have shot a few hundred to may be 1000 rounds per outing semiauto.  We have a couple MKE that we(SOT) converted to a dealer sample guns.  They gets absolutely thrashed at machine gun shoots.  I’m talking about the thousands and thousands of rounds full auto, some suppressed and some unsuppressed, some good brass ammo and some trash wolf/tula 9mm.  They get abused and rarely cleaned.  Still all original parts except for the Bolt carrier and lower, both that we had to change out to do the conversion.  We’re even still on the original MKE extractor springs and we are well past 10k rounds.  I’m not saying it’s more durable than the HK, just that it seems durable enough beyond the use that 99.5% of users will ever put it through.  

Beyond these dealer sample guns, I probably know three or four other people in my close friends group that also have MKE’s.  I haven’t heard of any issues among them.

Not saying your experience is inaccurate.  Just the odds that all three all have problems is pretty low.  Must be bad luck.  Now maybe I’m partial in my analysis because I own some $1k MKE’s and maybe you’re partial because you spent the money for the $2.5-3K HK.  Nothing wrong with either viewpoint.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#18]
They make great cymbals.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Here you go, since TISAS is the hot topic of late 2022, I picked one up, and wrote it up on another thread here.   Overall impression:  That's a lot of gun for the money.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/I-too-took-the-bait-and-bought-a-TISAS-1911-Duty-model-here-s-how-it-went/49-207531/
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#23]
My two just showed up from Atlantic. Gonna dumb about 500 rounds through each and if they're reliable, F1 time.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/6/2023 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#24]
@TaxPayer77

Log out and log back in again.

Don't end up being a douchenozzle.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
@TaxPayer77

View Quote

One thing I love about my conservative gun peeps:  when they say they are going to do something, they generally follow-through and actually do!

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
@TaxPayer77

View Quote

I don't understand. Not sure I follow, I'll have to go read the thread again I guess. I bought two Tisas, they are awesome for the money, waiting on my psa mp5 clone thingy to ship still.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
@TaxPayer77

View Quote

@Mugzilla

My man! Thanks! I didn't even see that originally, You just asked for links, I had them handy since all my tabs were open looking at more Tisas duty models, which PSA has Tisas now too, didn't even see that there was profit in it for posting that. I only figured it out as my t money signature came back on (used to be a paying member then just forgot to renew).

PSA I thought last week the cerakote ones were sub $300 daily deals, but $350 now. I may have misremembered.
https://palmettostatearmory.com/tisas-1911-a1-45-pistol-5-cerakote-black-1911a1s5.html
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#28]
People, keep buying the shit out of Turkish guns.  We all know the history of import firearms.  Get banned, country goes to shit, etc and the prices go up. Buy all you can now, so the future will be well supplied.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Certainly, hard to ignore the fact that you can buy three MKE clones for the price of one HK gun.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#31]
TISAS vs. Hi-Point is a no brainer for a cheap pistol.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Happy with my 2 tristar g2 shotguns for hunting. 12ga and 28ga
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

One thing I love about my conservative gun peeps:  when they say they are going to do something, they generally follow-through and actually do!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@TaxPayer77

I'm glad I revisited the thread to not disappoint. Sad because now I'm buying another gun.....
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:06:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:  TISAS vs. Hi-Point is a no brainer for a cheap pistol.
View Quote

Eh, the JHP is still about 2/3 of the price of the Tisas, both can run 1911 mags.  The Tisas is the better buy, less so if it rises to $350.

I haven't tried shooting my RIA at 130 yds, my JHP has the better sights of the two oddly enough.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm glad I revisited the thread to not disappoint. Sad because now I'm buying another gun.....
View Quote

Back in stock, use code 'century' and its $1099 for the Die Hard knockoff. Has tri-lug too. They still haven't shipped mine I ordered a couple weeks ago, but planning on paying the tax to glorious gov't and getting a can for it.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/century-ap5-9mm-pistol-9-30rd-black-hg6034a-n.html
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I really want an MP5/10 .... clone or otherwise.  10mm PCC is my next get one way or another.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I really want an MP5/10 .... clone or otherwise.  10mm PCC is my next get one way or another.

You have my attention, go on.

Quoted:
Quoted:
GD in Holosun Threads: Who cares if Holosun is 2-3 generations more advanced than Trijicon or Aimpoint, their optics are about as reliable, much cheaper, and have features you can't get from a Western company? They're enemies of America.

GD in Turkish Gun Threads: Who cares if they're enemies of America? They make copies of guns that are almost the same as what we already have, but they're cheaper.

I would happily buy American made 870s instead. I do buy older used Wingmasters and other decent examples of well made 870s of any type.

Modern Remington shotguns - from the past couple of decades - are frankly awful. Poor fit and finish. Functionality issues. Rusting problems while still brand new.

I'm ashamed that they're so poorly made that many budget imports from Turkey are better in every way - but that's the reality of the situation.

Quoted:
Where do I find the $70 shotty?
Also a mp10 sounds like a good idea.

$79 but they were on sale since he got a deal. I bought them locally but I've seen them all over the place online usually for $100 plus or minus $20.

This guy gets it.

I purchased a composite 870 when my son was born, 19yrs ago, the stock literally broke the first time out duck hunting.

A few years ago I picked up a late-50’s-early 60’s & 70’s 870. Even back then when you compare them side by side you can see the changes (less quality/ machine work corner cutting) of just about a decade.

It’s gotten progressively worse since then.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This guy gets it.

I purchased a composite 870 when my son was born, 19yrs ago, the stock literally broke the first time out duck hunting.

A few years ago I picked up a late-50’s-early 60’s & 70’s 870. Even back then when you compare them side by side you can see the changes (less quality/ machine work corner cutting) of just about a decade.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I really want an MP5/10 .... clone or otherwise.  10mm PCC is my next get one way or another.

Quoted:
Quoted:  GD in Holosun Threads: Who cares if Holosun is 2-3 generations more advanced than Trijicon or Aimpoint, their optics are about as reliable, much cheaper, and have features you can't get from a Western company? They're enemies of America.

GD in Turkish Gun Threads: Who cares if they're enemies of America? They make copies of guns that are almost the same as what we already have, but they're cheaper.

I would happily buy American made 870s instead. I do buy older used Wingmasters and other decent examples of well made 870s of any type.

Modern Remington shotguns - from the past couple of decades - are frankly awful. Poor fit and finish. Functionality issues. Rusting problems while still brand new.

I'm ashamed that they're so poorly made that many budget imports from Turkey are better in every way - but that's the reality of the situation.

Quoted:  Where do I find the $70 shotty?
Also a mp10 sounds like a good idea.

$79 but they were on sale since he got a deal. I bought them locally but I've seen them all over the place online usually for $100 plus or minus $20.

This guy gets it.

The new Rem Arms Fieldmasters have gotten good reviews.  The end of the Express line was what drove Remington into bankruptcy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
China as an “enemy of America” is grossly more of an actual threat than the Saracens, who despite their ongoing occupation of Constantinople are, at least legally, NATO partners and functionally, not a threat outside of their region.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
China as an “enemy of America” is grossly more of an actual threat than the Saracens, who despite their ongoing occupation of Constantinople are, at least legally, NATO partners and functionally, not a threat outside of their region.
Except Erdogan was cozying up to the Russians to the point the United States cut them out of the F-35 -- they were going to be a MAJOR component sub-contractor.

Why?

Putin sold Erdogan the S-400 Surface-to-Air Missile system, part of the inter-netted Russian integrated air defense network.  With S-400s in Syria this gives Russia situational awareness from Syria through southern Russia -- ALL S-400s chat between each other (to include IFF codes).  The US offered Patriot PAC-3 instead.  Erdogan gave us the finger.  The Turks set up S-400 and immediately started gathering data on F4s and F16s.  No way we were going to give them (and by extension Russia and China) F-35's secret sauce.

Quoted:
The reverse-engineered MP5s that Turkey is producing have FTEs on some (but not all guns). Sometimes this is fixed by replacing the extractor with an HK extractor, other times this doesn’t work. Recent internet fudd-lore is that you should replace the extractor with a German HK one as soon as you receive the $1000 gun.
MKE license-produced MP-5s using, to my understanding, legacy blueprints and technical data for SEF lowers and Gen 1 ejectors.

Old:

New:

Quoted:
In global affairs there’s a big difference between asshole and enemy.  Turkey, China and Germany are all assholes.  Yet we trade with all of them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm kind of surprised there isn't more buzz about this:

$250

10 shot detachable box magazine,

Vs this earlier generation 10 shot rotary magazine gun, banned because it was too scary a destructive device.  The Pancor Jackhammer

It's basically a mobile fast reloading Claymoor.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://gearfireimages.s3.amazonaws.com/imagedb/image1290340-0cac5ac7320f107d22e0727823eddd82.jpg
View Quote

Hell yes!
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hell yes!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://gearfireimages.s3.amazonaws.com/imagedb/image1290340-0cac5ac7320f107d22e0727823eddd82.jpg

Hell yes!

Or these:
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It's funny how last year when the euro dropped 20% against the dollar, the price of HK guns didn't budge a penny
View Quote
It's bullshit, when I was in Europe last month prices on everything was pretty close to US prices.

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#43]

In before the MAC deal to buy them all
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Except Erdogan was cozying up to the Russians to the point the United States cut them out of the F-35 -- they were going to be a MAJOR component sub-contractor.

Why?

Putin sold Erdogan the S-400 Surface-to-Air Missile system, part of the inter-netted Russian integrated air defense network.  With S-400s in Syria this gives Russia situational awareness from Syria through southern Russia -- ALL S-400s chat between each other (to include IFF codes).  The US offered Patriot PAC-3 instead.  Erdogan gave us the finger.  The Turks set up S-400 and immediately started gathering data on F4s and F16s.  No way we were going to give them (and by extension Russia and China) F-35's secret sauce.

MKE license-produced MP-5s using, to my understanding, legacy blueprints and technical data for SEF lowers and Gen 1 ejectors.

Old:
https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/catalog/hkk-2022_569_detail.jpg
New:
https://www.hkpro.com/cdn-cgi/image/format=auto,onerror=redirect,width=1920,height=1920,fit=scale-down/https://www.hkpro.com/attachments/gen-3-lever-2-jpg.294645/
View Quote
The new style is present in a MKE Century AP-5 that I have seen.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't forget about the vodka special Saiga 12's.

1000 bucks to Russia for a gun that didn't run
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Good reviews? Ive seen nothing but problems for their mp5 and shotgun clones all over the internet lol
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm picking up my Turk mp5k clone this week.  

I want to get a Turkish Hi Power.  How are they?
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Good reviews? Ive seen nothing but problems for their mp5 and shotgun clones all over the internet lol
View Quote
Need to read more.  Plenty of guys are quite happy with theirs.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's funny how last year when the euro dropped 20% against the dollar, the price of HK guns didn't budge a penny
View Quote
That's because HK has a factory here.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Some of their shotguns are garbage, some are excellent.  Kinda like CSMC makes great shotguns and the USA also produces hi points.  Yildiz, CZ, ATA all seem to be pretty well regarded.  Hatsan, not so much.
View Quote

I have a Hatsan I bought to help get a guy I worked with son out of jail.  Complete utter shit.  My CZ 1012 is just the opposite.

So there are some real differences in quality.  My Caniks are my favorite 9mms I own.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top