BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's illegal to use union dues for political contributions. The UAW has a CAP fund which raises political money, and it's voluntary.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Article says 20% now and 5% per year for four years.  

Article also says pay is $18-32 per hour - considering I can get $16/hour at chik-fil-a it doesn't sound as outrageous as thread title makes it sound.  

This is GD. Mention any union and the hate blathering goes into hyperdrive.

Most likely the UAW will not get that but something less.  MAYBE 15% then 3.5% each year but most likely nothing greater than 10% first year.  Where the gains will be could be on the non-monetary side.  People tend to ignore this, but non-financial gains can be quite good to have in a union contract.

Couldn't have anything to do with their universal support for dems could it?

Another knee-jerk GD reaction.  While some union leadership MAY have democrat ties, union membership is no longer a safe democrat vote stronghold. In fact, it is just the opposite.  I work in a union shop and while there are some dyed in the wool democrats, the majority are not, and some would make GD look tame in their conspiracy theories and .gov hate.

Does it matter how right wing you are when your union dues help get democrats elected?

It's illegal to use union dues for political contributions. The UAW has a CAP fund which raises political money, and it's voluntary.

And the union members be volunteering.  

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/united-auto-workers/totals?cycle=A&id=d000000070

Protip:  Money is fungible.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a union member for a large aerospace company in the NW ;) before I went to work there I heard the stories about the union protecting people. Now that I've been on the inside for 15 years the real problem is the incompetent management that won't do anything. Management that also has no idea what's involved in most of the work. As long as management documents why they're firing or writing someone up the union backs off. Rarely happens. About 10 years ago I asked a manager why they kept this one person around. Sweetheart of a woman but completely worthless. "she's untouchable, she's a black female union steward". Told him "bullshit, no one is untouchable, you just don't want to do your job".
About a year later a manager made it his mission to get her out of there. He had a 3 ring binder of documentation. Called her into a meeting with Senior managers, 2 other union stewards and a union business rep. "Here's the deal, you can retire right now or we can open up this binder and go through it and see that you aren't competent". She retired on the spot. Granted she retired with her pension but it took 35 years for management to finally do something about her.
When I got hired I was very anti-union, after I'd been there a while my brother asked me what my views were on it then. "there's the company side, the union side, what's fair and just is a huge grey area in the middle".
I've got a good job, enjoy what I do. Program and run multi-axis CNC machines doing work that I'd have a hard time finding outside of this company. Most shops have some programmers and machine operators. We do it all and I never know what's waiting for me the next day. When it comes to wages the only way I'm going to get an increase is through the contract. Can't hardly ask for a raise when my direct manager has no idea what's involved in doing what I do nor the knowledge it takes, then expect him to go up the chain through further layers, each layer is more detached than the previous. Corporate world bureaucracy at it's finest.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I believe labor is relatively inexpensive compared to the total cost of a vehicle, but it is easier for manufacturers to try to cut labor costs than it is to cut the price of steel etc, so the workers get the bad press.

Fuzzy math-
If it takes an average of 20 hours for the big 3 to build a vehicle in the US, (probably less) and including benefits it costs GM 58 dollars per hour for labor (pulled randomly from the internet) then they have $1,160 in each vehicle for labor.
How much are new vehicles costing these days?
If I made an error please correct it.

View Quote

You used the wrong numbers. It takes closer to 30-40 hours on average to ASSEMBLE a vehicle from FINISHED parts. What you're missing is all the labor to transform raw steel, glass and plastic into a car. Some of that is not union labor, but a lot of it is UAW - engine and transmission plants, body stamping facilities, etc. Then there's the union guys who load, unload, and generally shuffle parts around the plants who also aren't counted. They may not even count the paint shop in assembly hours any more. And then there's the pension & healthcare legacy costs that any contract now will impose on the automaker in the future.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

And the last time the law stopped a D politician from doing what they wanted to was? The money may be being laundered, but it's still getting to them.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I looked it up today for you guys. My pension on

January 1-2042 will be $1552.71 if I elect the 65% option for spouse

And $1446.41 if I elect the 100% option. Both before taxes
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

People have been claiming Big Macs are going to cost $25 since before I’ve been here.

Fast food workers make $8-10 more an hour now than they did in 2012. Where’s the $25 Big Macs?

Everyone claims to be economic experts on here but they can’t get it into their heads that labor isn’t the only cost of operating. And the cost of a Big Mac has zero to do with employee wages.

If McDonald’s could get that much for a sandwich they would have did it years ago. All that matters is what the public is willing to pay for one. And how high they can go before sales drop enough to hurt profits.
View Quote

McD's prices are up around 25% since 2019. That was when the significant wage pushes really began forcing increases. And your point was?
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which is a lot more than any of us will collect from social security by then.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, I guess I am that stupid.
Will you explain it all to me please?
View Quote

Step 1) Lazy, commie workers start talking about a union.
Step 2) Communist government makes it illegal for employer to get rid of those shitbirds agitating for a union.
Step 3) Commie workers vote in a union. Because the government makes it illegal for the employer to say "No, get fucked" the company is forced to do business with the union and all of the commies therein.
Step 4) Consumers get to pay higher prices to compensate commies that use the government to force the employer to pay them more than they're worth.
Step 5) Union funnels money to commies in the government to keep this communist scam going.

Understand now, comrade?
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

lol fair market value...and govt foring them to pay more? that's not how this works.

I never understood the thought of people here in the us much rather see someone not make shit wages defending some mega corp that the c suite gives to shits about any one, than see out fellow middle class man make a good wage.

The sooner we realize that these companies are fucking us the better.

Quit being big corps bitch
View Quote

Yes, genius, unions exist to force employers to give their employees more than they're worth. If their labor was actually worth what they said it was, they wouldn't need a union to get it, somebody would be willing to offer it to them sans communist union involvement.

If you make "shit wages" (what does that even mean?) that's YOUR fault. You chose a job that any mouth-breathing idiot teenager could do, and you think you're worth as much a doctor.

Companies aren't "fucking us." All the company can do is offer you a job. Nobody put a gun to your head. If you think it's a good deal you should take it. If you think you can get a better deal somewhere else, go do it.

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what does Social security have to do with a pension? I’ve been putting 20% in my 401K for years and it will do better than the pension. I tell the young guys save for retirement I would have rather had the matching 401K you can take it with you. And the company can’t get rid of it on a whim
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes, genius, unions exist to force employers to give their employees more than they're worth. If their labor was actually worth what they said it was, they wouldn't need a union to get it, somebody would be willing to offer it to them sans communist union involvement.

If you make "shit wages" (what does that even mean?) that's YOUR fault. You chose a job that any mouth-breathing idiot teenager could do, and you think you're worth as much a doctor.

Companies aren't "fucking us." All the company can do is offer you a job. Nobody put a gun to your head. If you think it's a good deal you should take it. If you think you can get a better deal somewhere else, go do it.

View Quote

What is keeping these companies from stopping the use of unionized labor?   Is there a law somewhere that forces auto manufacturers to continue to sign new contracts?
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Seems to me that employee theft and employee intoxication on the job are both easily documented so it's hard for me to imagine any independent arbitrator would rule in favor of any employee fired for such offenses.  I'd be very interested to see how hard the company persued any "charges" against these particular employees.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Seems to me that employee theft and employee intoxication on the job are both easily documented so it's hard for me to imagine any independent arbitrator would rule in favor of any employee fired for such offenses.  I'd be very interested to see how hard the company persued any "charges" against these particular employees.

Quoted:
Yep. Plenty of idiots kept their jobs at the old local GM plant here when it was still in operation. Employees coming in drunk. there was a bar right outside the main gate that used to line up beer mugs with employees names on them for breaks and lunch times. GM put a fence around the area to try to keep employees from going over there. They just cut the fence to go through. One guy was stealing starters for his side "auto repair business", kept his job. Numberous employees caught selling drugs, kept their jobs. Drunks on the job were never fired.

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Article says 20% now and 5% per year for four years.  

Article also says pay is $18-32 per hour - considering I can get $16/hour at chik-fil-a it doesn't sound as outrageous as thread title makes it sound.  
View Quote

Chik-fil-a doesn't give you the benefits and immunity from fucking up that the UAW jobs do.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And the last time the law stopped a D politician from doing what they wanted to was? The money may be being laundered, but it's still getting to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not as though they couldn't have a union's finances audited if there was some evidence of wrongdoing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep. Plenty of idiots kept their jobs at the old local GM plant here when it was still in operation. Employees coming in drunk. there was a bar right outside the main gate that used to line up beer mugs with employees names on them for breaks and lunch times. GM put a fence around the area to try to keep employees from going over there. They just cut the fence to go through. One guy was stealing starters for his side "auto repair business", kept his job. Numberous employees caught selling drugs, kept their jobs. Drunks on the job were never fired.

So it APPEARS that you're saying that had the company had the employee arrested for theft of company property that there's no way it would have resulted in termination?   And that had the employee persued job restoration via any available third party arbitration that the arbitrator would have overlooked the employees pattern of workplace theft and awarded them their job back?

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What is keeping these companies from stopping the use of unionized labor?   Is there a law somewhere that forces auto manufacturers to continue to sign new contracts?
View Quote

Dude, since you're too godamn clueless/lazy to do 15-20 minutes of basic research on how unions in Amerika work, I guess I'll fill you in.

Once the communist sympathizers employees vote in a union, the employer is legally required to bargain with the union. The employer can't just say "no, I'm not going to do business with you." and the employer can't get rid of the communist agitators that start organizing a union in the workplace.

Here's a link to a page that includes a giant list of right employers lose once the communist cronies get their way.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

And what does Social security have to do with a pension? I’ve been putting 20% in my 401K for years and it will do better than the pension. I tell the young guys save for retirement I would have rather had the matching 401K you can take it with you. And the company can’t get rid of it on a whim
View Quote

Don’t know how it works for the UAW or automakers pensions. My own pension cannot be taken by the company on a whim. The pension is paid to retirees by the union who receives money from the company for every week worked. This goes back for 23 of my 30 years with the company. If I retire in 6 1/2 years at 55 that’ll be $4800 a month. Point is it can’t be taken away its money already spent by the company, and the plan is well over 100% funded. We have a 401k as well but no company match, most of us contribute anyway. I have a number of coworkers, blue collar “truck drivers” with a million or two, not counting our pensions which will pay us another million if we or our spouses live long enough.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Dude, since you're too godamn clueless/lazy to do 15-20 minutes of basic research on how unions in Amerika work, I guess I'll fill you in.

Once the communist sympathizers employees vote in a union, the employer is legally required to bargain with the union. The employer can't just say "no, I'm not going to do business with you." and the employer can't get rid of the communist agitators that start organizing a union in the workplace.

Here's a link to a page that includes a giant list of right employers lose once the communist cronies get their way.
View Quote

So you're saying that there is ZERO mechanism available to a viable company to decouple themselves from a union?
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ya would think. Had a couple relatives that worked there. Quite a few stories from them about coworkers doing shit that would get them fired if not arrested but nothing done to them more than a slap on the wrist.

Oh to add to the attitude a lot of GM employees had here, where I used to live there was a long time GM worker across the street. When I had my Sonoma, he would come over and chat when I was doing something to it (washing, putting somethign on it, etc). Seemed like a nice guy without the attitude. That was UNTIL I sold the Sonoma and got a Dakota in 2001. After that he wouldnt say a word to me, flip me off, intentionally drove slow in front of me if he ended up in front of me on the street we lived on. Basically being an ass. After some months of this, I went across the street and asked him what the fuck his problem was. Just slammed the door in my face. Cops came over once a month or so later when I was washing the Dakota in the yard (they have to repsond). Guy called them on me for having the truck in the front yard, which is NOT illegal here. Looked across the street at his house and guess who has HIS truck in HIS yard. Told the officer about how the guy was nicey nice to me when I had a GM truck, but went apeshit when I got a Dodge. Year now is 2004. Said asshat got a new GTO, probably the 1st one the local Pontiac dealer got in. 2 weeks later I was washing the dakota and he drive by and pulled in his driveway. He got out and blew the horn. I look at him and he yells "See what an American car company can design and build!!". I'm just like WTF? 1st thing he said to me in 3 yrs. I just yelled back "Look at the door tag and tell me where it was assembled". He looked confused. I just yelled "Just look" (I already knew they were just rebadged Holden Monaros). He looked, stood up with a pissed off look, slammed the door and flipped me off walking to his house door. Car was gone in under 2 weeks. Come 2008 he bought a new G8. Didnt have the heartt to tell him he did it again.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So you're saying that there is ZERO mechanism available to a viable company to decouple themselves from a union?
View Quote

ROFL. Sure, dissolving the company.

What union do you work for?
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Real question should be ''what bot are you?"
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The pension isn’t what you all would think it is. And new employees haven’t got a pension since like 2007 sometime around there.
View Quote

They do at GM.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm the bot that's not a commie, which is more than I could say for yourself.

But, by all means, keep propping up those Democrats.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't know me very well but I know brand new posters playing kick the hornets nest quite well. So, what was your last retread name?

Most modern companies that end up with a union getting voted in nowadays likely deserves it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm a union member for a large aerospace company in the NW ;) before I went to work there I heard the stories about the union protecting people. Now that I've been on the inside for 15 years the real problem is the incompetent management that won't do anything. Management that also has no idea what's involved in most of the work. As long as management documents why they're firing or writing someone up the union backs off. Rarely happens. About 10 years ago I asked a manager why they kept this one person around. Sweetheart of a woman but completely worthless. "she's untouchable, she's a black female union steward". Told him "bullshit, no one is untouchable, you just don't want to do your job".
About a year later a manager made it his mission to get her out of there. He had a 3 ring binder of documentation. Called her into a meeting with Senior managers, 2 other union stewards and a union business rep. "Here's the deal, you can retire right now or we can open up this binder and go through it and see that you aren't competent". She retired on the spot. Granted she retired with her pension but it took 35 years for management to finally do something about her.
When I got hired I was very anti-union, after I'd been there a while my brother asked me what my views were on it then. "there's the company side, the union side, what's fair and just is a huge grey area in the middle".
I've got a good job, enjoy what I do. Program and run multi-axis CNC machines doing work that I'd have a hard time finding outside of this company. Most shops have some programmers and machine operators. We do it all and I never know what's waiting for me the next day. When it comes to wages the only way I'm going to get an increase is through the contract. Can't hardly ask for a raise when my direct manager has no idea what's involved in doing what I do nor the knowledge it takes, then expect him to go up the chain through further layers, each layer is more detached than the previous. Corporate world bureaucracy at it's finest.
View Quote

When you are management you know who is lying to you.  When you are an hourly employee you don’t.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You don't know me very well but I know brand new posters playing kick the hornets nest quite well. So, what was your last retread name?

Most modern companies that end up with a union getting voted in nowadays likely deserves it.
View Quote

ROFL, so it's okay to use the government to extort companies. Certain communist tenants are permissible, as long as YOU think they are.

Biden and Co. thank you for your continued patronage to the cause, comrade.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, pretty much. VW HAD to support union organizers at their TN plant by law/ruling of the NLRB, despite the union getting voted down there by the workers. They then voted it down again. The US automakers can open a new plant in another state if they want to, but the UAW just does work slowdowns and strikes at other plants until the plant is forced to go union, whether the workers there want one or not. NLRB rulings mostly favor the unions, especially so during D admins, and rulings are very hard to overturn by R admins.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#28]
fuck commies
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yeah, pretty much. VW HAD to support union organizers at their TN plant by law/ruling of the NLRB, despite the union getting voted down there by the workers. They then voted it down again. The US automakers can open a new plant in another state if they want to, but the UAW just does work slowdowns and strikes at other plants until the plant is forced to go union, whether the workers there want one or not. NLRB rulings mostly favor the unions, especially so during D admins, and rulings are very hard to overturn by R admins.
View Quote

I think your example is more about the NLRB enforcing a process that allows employees to make a decision without being unduly influenced by the company.  It appears that the plant in question is still not union.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No company deserves the gov't forcing them to hire democrat slush fund babies.  

Maybe they deserve to go under, but no American company should have to fund commies at the barrel of a gun.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
fuck commies
View Quote

Are you saying that all union members are "commies" and if so does that include members of public sector unions like Fire and Police?
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If these people are treated SOOOOOOOOOOO unfairly, why are they there?

I have an idea. You go 30 days without using or consuming anything that was produced by a corporation.

After that if you haven't starved to death, let me know how you feel about corporations, then.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are corporations known to be fair otherwise? They treat people with respect?

Isn't there a huge culture pushing back against them as we speak?

Haven't they done as much damage as deep state?

I don't get the love for them at all.

If these people are treated SOOOOOOOOOOO unfairly, why are they there?

I have an idea. You go 30 days without using or consuming anything that was produced by a corporation.

After that if you haven't starved to death, let me know how you feel about corporations, then.

Kind of an unfair deal, I'm in my early 30s and corporations took over long before I was an adult.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Why aren't all the union lackeys starting their own corporations and creating worker utopias to show us how it's done?

Y'all been bitching for 100 years how fucking great you are and how you carry every company, yet you don't do the one thing that can stop the bitching???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never hurts to ask.

At a certain point, I disagree. Become too outrageous and management no longer just laughs you off, they retaliate

Why aren't all the union lackeys starting their own corporations and creating worker utopias to show us how it's done?

Y'all been bitching for 100 years how fucking great you are and how you carry every company, yet you don't do the one thing that can stop the bitching???

Stop simping for corporations dude
Btw, you know they're all leftist right? They're literally the enemy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

a bazillion dollars and a bunch of lawsuits later....

Most companies would probably rather shutter and invest in supply chains overseas.

Of course they often choose that path anyway.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I would imagine a few here are actual owners of corporations or llc's and sign people's paychecks. They did not apply for their jobs, they created their job. That's something most union members will never do nor understand.

Interesting comment, we hired a CFL manager into a management position to manage ~15 people full time about 7 months ago and the guy is excelling at the role.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol why is there so much corporate cock sucking here?

I would imagine a few here are actual owners of corporations or llc's and sign people's paychecks. They did not apply for their jobs, they created their job. That's something most union members will never do nor understand.

Quoted:

They're certainly a motivated bunch.  

I'm quite certain that anyone that's managed a CFL, an In n Out, or a Quick Trip convenience store for at least a year could manage the massive corporation I work for better than the batch of C-Suite folks running it now.

Interesting comment, we hired a CFL manager into a management position to manage ~15 people full time about 7 months ago and the guy is excelling at the role.

Lmao that's boomer speak. Most younger people make more money with social media. There's too much money to be made doing nothing now more than ever.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And yet, nobody is chopping at the bit to offer them that much, or else they would take it. So maybe it's not quite so "fair" after all?

If $93,000 per year was truly the fair market value of their labor, then why hasn't somebody poached these people, already?

Why do they need the government to come in and force the employer to pay them more?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

let's do some maths

Currently, unionized factory workers at the Detroit car companies start at about $18 an hour. The top wage, achieved over a period of years, is about $32 an hour.

take the top $32 * .40 = 12.8

32+12.80 = $44.80

$44.80 * 40 = $1792 * 52 = $93,184

That seems fair for top pay assembly line workers.

And yet, nobody is chopping at the bit to offer them that much, or else they would take it. So maybe it's not quite so "fair" after all?

If $93,000 per year was truly the fair market value of their labor, then why hasn't somebody poached these people, already?

Why do they need the government to come in and force the employer to pay them more?

Why do same said companies need the same gov to bail them out? Rofl
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never hurts to ask.

At a certain point, I disagree. Become too outrageous and management no longer just laughs you off, they retaliate

Why you simping for the commies, dude?

I'm in the transportation industry and every union I see spends heavily dem/commie, but the corporations themselves lean heavily red on their donations.

Open secrets has all the details.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm in the transportation industry and every union I see spends heavily dem/commie, but the corporations themselves lean heavily red on their donations.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never hurts to ask.

You know both sides can be bad right? Just like how both russia and uke can both be shitty and bad. Two things can be true at the same time. I learned that when i was like 7 dude. It's not always one or the other.

Unions suck. Corporations suck (even more so)

In fact I can't think of anything aside from deep state that's done more damage to the US.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Union & non-union vehicles are built the same way.
Honda actually pays higher wages than UAW assembly plants.

If you cut the wages in half it does not decreases the cost of the vehicle and wage increases,  parts, material, energy to produce, electric, etc.  increases every year and generally offset by automation or process improvement.

I agree that not purging dead weight is because management is lazy and many of them should be purged as well.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You know both sides can be bad right? Just like how both russia and uke can both be shitty and bad. Two things can be true at the same time. I learned that when i was like 7 dude. It's not always one or the other.

In fact I can't think of anything aside from deep state that's done more damage to the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never hurts to ask.

I agree, unions are the worst.

Commie funding scum.  What's worse than that?
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Bye
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Edit
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never hurts to ask.

I meant corporations lol.

Union people are just puppets, like liberals or feminists. They're used as pawns.

Stop getting mad at puppets and start getting mad at the masters.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Union people are just puppets, like liberals or feminists. They're used as pawns.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never hurts to ask.

Why?  I've been non-union in a union heavy industry for almost 40 years and the "corporation" has treated me extremely fairly the entire time.

I almost feel like I'm taking advantage of them at this point.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Are you saying that all union members are "commies" and if so does that include members of public sector unions like Fire and Police?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
fuck commies

Yes!

The UAW killed Buick City….

The land where the Buick City stood, pictured in 2006
Attachment Attached File

Buick City 1986

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1874/IMG_5184_jpeg-2909552.JPG

Buick City 1986

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1874/IMG_5185_jpeg-2909555.JPG
View Quote

Whats the evidence that it was the UAW and not mismanagement or international commie greed?
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Whats the evidence that it was the UAW and not mismanagement or international commie greed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes!

Buick City 1986

LoL!  

Do some research!

Thousands of Buick workers were represented by Local 599, which was once was the largest union local in the world, according to Flint Journal files. Membership peaked around 28,000 in the 1960s.

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

LoL!  

Do some research!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes!

Buick City 1986

LoL!  

Do some research!

....where?
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

....where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes!

Buick City 1986

LoL!  

Do some research!

....where?

See 599 above.

Check out what Local 599 did to try to fuck the outside trades regarding the flexible body shop.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Back when I worked at a fastener company, I had to deliver a bunch of fasteners to a large general contrator who was building a new line building at the plant. GC told me to drive to a spot in the area they were building to drop all the boxes off. Truck we had was a Dodge D50. Some union steward stood in front of the truck at the inside gate and wouldnt move. GC's supervisor came by and told him to either move or he would have some of his crew move him. Big shit show went down right in front of me. After 10 min of yelling between the UAW clowns and the GC, the UAW clowns moved. Never had them block me again. They would flip me (or the asst mgr when he had to take stuff) off when we made deliveries. Hell the UAW's local even called our companies HQ and demanded that they buy GM trucks if they want to deliver to the plant. Our HQ told them to fuck off. Hell the local hall used to have a sign in the parking lot that said "No foreign cars allowed", then changed to "No foreign cars made outside the US" then finally to "No foreign cars made outside North America". Guessing most the GM branded cars the members drove werent made in the US. When the plant was shuttered, there was a lot of people laughing at the plants employees losing their jobs. A whole lot of these employees looked down their noses at anyone who didnt work at the plant. We had a time where people were coming out of stores to their foreign branded cars and finding "Buy American" bumper stickers plastered on their windshields and tires flattened for a few months. Too bad the person(s) that were doing this werent caught in the act and beatened accordingly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Back when I worked at a fastener company, I had to deliver a bunch of fasteners to a large general contrator who was building a new line building at the plant. GC told me to drive to a spot in the area they were building to drop all the boxes off. Truck we had was a Dodge D50. Some union steward stood in front of the truck at the inside gate and wouldnt move. GC's supervisor came by and told him to either move or he would have some of his crew move him. Big shit show went down right in front of me. After 10 min of yelling between the UAW clowns and the GC, the UAW clowns moved. Never had them block me again. They would flip me (or the asst mgr when he had to take stuff) off when we made deliveries. Hell the UAW's local even called our companies HQ and demanded that they buy GM trucks if they want to deliver to the plant. Our HQ told them to fuck off. Hell the local hall used to have a sign in the parking lot that said "No foreign cars allowed", then changed to "No foreign cars made outside the US" then finally to "No foreign cars made outside North America". Guessing most the GM branded cars the members drove werent made in the US. When the plant was shuttered, there was a lot of people laughing at the plants employees losing their jobs. A whole lot of these employees looked down their noses at anyone who didnt work at the plant. We had a time where people were coming out of stores to their foreign branded cars and finding "Buy American" bumper stickers plastered on their windshields and tires flattened for a few months. Too bad the person(s) that were doing this werent caught in the act and beatened accordingly.

The GM foundry in town isn't quite that bad but does have a special lot, closer to the building for GM cars. Everything else parks in the back 40.

Quoted:

We just dropped UPS as our parcel carrier, nationwide, everything is FedEx now.  Those union faggots can suck a big one

ROFL, jokes on you, FedEx is the worst. They have zero control over the delivery drivers bc they're ALL contractors. POS stole from me, I had proof, FedEx said nothing they could do, their suggestion was to call the police. The police told me my $35 theft wasn't worth charges and prosecution. The dirtbag continued delivering for over a year.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top