Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/30/2018 2:20:04 AM EDT
He was right, I’m not tired of winning yet.  Toe the line or beat feet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/06/29/politics/us-ambassador-estonia-resign-trump/index.html

Link Posted: 6/30/2018 2:28:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck Anderson Cooper! Not me though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 2:31:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Bullshit.

He's not resigning over Trump. 33 years he's been in govt, he's just retiring. And probably to avoid something
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 2:34:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 2:43:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Good, the State Department needs a house cleaning as much as the DOJ does.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 2:51:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Too many of the "weebees" (we be here before you, we be here after your) lifers in the State Department don't follow any policy except their own. Sounds like he got told to do his job, and didn't like it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 2:57:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Bfd...ambassadors are basically useless twats that waste taxpayer money
All career politicians should be retired...fucking parasites the lot of them....
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 3:20:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bfd...ambassadors are basically useless twats that waste taxpayer money
All career politicians should be retired...fucking parasites the lot of them....
View Quote
I’m okay with everything this dude said ^

Promote this man from being a 13’er
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 3:41:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Wait is Estonia a real country? I legit thought it was made up.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 4:01:12 AM EDT
[#9]
What do you expect. Obama installed a lot of loyal people in his regime. Regime has changed, these people garner no pull with the new one.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 4:27:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bullshit.

He's not resigning over Trump. 33 years he's been in govt, he's just retiring. And probably to avoid something
View Quote
What I came to post...... wonder what scandal he is sidestepping.......
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 6:06:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Clearly this is someone trolling an article from Duffleblog or the Onion or something like that.

Estonia is a clandestine land supposedly located in Europe.  We here in the United States have something similar in the imaginary State of Rhode Island.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 6:33:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's where Linkavitch Chomofsky is from.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 6:38:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
You're not doing much to dispel the stereotypes about you Yanks and Geography there, mucka
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Estonia is a small country with a small population. But it is an awesome little country. And unlike most NATO member nations, they actually pull their share of the load. Plus, their troops have nice camo uniforms and use the Galil.

If the nations of western Europe put forth the effort of Estonia, Europe would have a robust military more than capable of dealing with threats like Russia even without our help.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 6:50:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Why would one drag the line around?  Wouldn't it be better to keep a toe on the line?
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 6:55:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What do you expect. Obama installed a lot of loyal people in his regime. Regime has changed, these people garner no pull with the new one.
View Quote
33 years...O'Bama was not in place 33 years ago...
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 6:56:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Probably hard to do the job when the boss wants to destroy NATO.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 6:59:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:01:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
He doesn't want to destroy NATO. He wants NATO's most capable members to get off their fucking ass and do their fair share.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
He doesn't want to destroy NATO. He wants NATO's most capable members to get off their fucking ass and do their fair share.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's been attacking NATO ever since he went to Moscow in the 80s. He's still completely ignorant about how it works decades later.

Now he wants to take our troops out of Germany?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-assessing-cost-of-keeping-troops-in-germany-as-trump-battles-with-europe/2018/06/29/94689094-ca9f-490c-b3be-b135970de3fc_story.html?utm_term=.3d5082d8d6b7

The Pentagon is analyzing the cost and impact of a large-scale withdrawal or transfer of American troops stationed in Germany, amid growing tensions between President Trump and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, according to people familiar with the work.

The effort follows Trump’s expression of interest in removing the troops, made during a meeting earlier this year with White House and military aides, U.S. officials said. Trump was said to have been taken aback by the size of the U.S. presence, which includes about 35,000 active-duty troops, and complained that other countries were not contributing fairly to joint security or paying enough to NATO.

Word of the assessment has alarmed European officials, who are scrambling to determine whether Trump actually intends to reposition U.S. forces or whether it is merely a negotiating tactic ahead of a NATO summit in Brussels, where Trump is again likely to criticize U.S. allies for what he deems insufficient defense spending.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#22]
And he isn't wrong. NATO has always had its slackers, even during the Cold War when the Soviets had some 200 divisions of mechanized troops.

As for Germany, why should we keep so many troops there when they are unwilling to make any effort to defend themselves? Only a handful of their combat aircraft are mission capable. They only possess enough tanks today to field one heavy division (or less). Yet they are the wealthiest and most populous western European nation. As long as we are willing to stay there and provide their security, what incentive will they have to change their behavior? Take those troops currently stationed in Germany and send them to other NATO member nations worthy of our support. Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Romania are all making an effort to meet or exceed the 2% of GDP spending NATO suggests. These countries are far less wealthy than Germany. If they can do it, so can the Germans. If it takes a U.S. president that has the balls to call them on it, then so be it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#23]
What's next, we lose our Ambassador to EPCOT Center?
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Obama derangement syndrome.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You're not doing much to dispel the stereotypes about you Yanks and Geography there, mucka
View Quote
You are a Brit and Brits seem to have an issue satisfying their women.

Next you will tell me is that Estonia is next to the mythical country of Latvia.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Right on cue.

The President wants to destroy NATO by forcing all of the members to increase military spending to the point where they actually have a military.

Once again you've pointed out that President Trump is a bad, bad, man and I'm almost sorry I didn't vote for Hillary Clinton like you did, keep it up however and you just might.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Right on cue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right on cue.
Like flies to shit
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm sure I can speak for all of us living here in mid-Missouri when I say that we are dreading the significant and long-term negative impacts this unfortunate development will have on our daily lives. I'm not sure how we can move forward from this point. This news is simply devastating. There's no other way to describe it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:42:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
It’s obvious to us with first hand knowledge that you have no clue what is going on between the US and the NATO countries who are meeting their obligations.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:45:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Sucking the .gov teat for 33 years, cushy gig, bye!
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Like flies to shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right on cue.
Like flies to shit
GD's version of CNN.

He's a hard worker, you've got to give him that, and he churns out a lot of strong criticism of POTUS, facts be damned.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Drain the fukking swamp. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I like Estonia, but I'm still pissed they got out M14s from the serial rapist Bill Clinton.

Trump is asking the Euros to Make NATO Great Again, how is this wrong?
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
You mean, by executing on the Gates Statement from the Obama Administration?
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#35]
The transgender bathroom crowd is filled with rage and hate,, President Trump is WINNING and so am I as an AMERICAN
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Too many of the "weebees" (we be here before you, we be here after your) lifers in the State Department don't follow any policy except their own. Sounds like he got told to do his job, and didn't like it.
View Quote
Yup and love the weebees term.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:09:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Right on cue.

The President wants to destroy NATO by forcing all of the members to increase military spending to the point where they actually have a military.

Once again you've pointed out that President Trump is a bad, bad, man and I'm almost sorry I didn't vote for Hillary Clinton like you did, keep it up however and you just might.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Right on cue.

He doesn't actually care about the spending, he's just looking for an excuse to pull out of it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Breaking: Some nobody doesn’t like Trump
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Lol!  Once again you post all of this like there's something wrong.   We SHOULD be pulling troops from Germany and we SHOULD be telling NATO members to "pay your obligated share or fuck off "
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#40]
swamp meet the drain
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Lol!  Once again you post all of this like there's something wrong.   We SHOULD be pulling troops from Germany and we SHOULD be telling NATO members to "pay your obligated share or fuck off "
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Which furthers the interests of the fellow that is busy invading eastern Europe, but whatever I guess. What did we form NATO for again?
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:42:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Fake news,fake country.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#43]
I would like to offer my services as his replacement.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Which furthers the interests of the fellow that is busy invading eastern Europe, but whatever I guess. What did we form NATO for again?
View Quote
Try and educate yourself...

European Defense Initiative

But believe whatever ‘Trump loves Putin’ BS fits your troll narrative.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Why would one drag the line around?  Wouldn't it be better to keep a toe on the line?
View Quote
Good catch.  I was a bottle of wine deep when I originally posted at 2 a.m.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Drain the fukking swamp. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I like Estonia, but I'm still pissed they got out M14s from the serial rapist Bill Clinton.

Trump is asking the Euros to Make NATO Great Again, how is this wrong?
View Quote
I suppose it would have been better had they also just been destroyed? The guards down the hill from me still use them and,yes,they are actually loaded.

Attachment Attached File

The US wouldn’t sell M4s when it was time/necessary to get 5.56 rifles though,Bush didn’t want to upset his little buddy but that is another matter. The Galils will almost certainly be replaced by 416s soon,though I was hoping the BREN or MSBS would be picked.

If Russia had decided to simply leave the last of its forces in 1994,Estonia would just be another Abkhazia,Transnistria or at best Armenia. I’m glad they blew that chance but I’m more glad that paranoia and kleptocracy keeps Russia relatively weak when by all rights they should be doing quite well now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Fake news,fake country.
View Quote
LOL...glad you showed up
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Estonia?

Probably anti-Trump and wanted attention on his way out the door, hoping to land a talking-head gig at CNN or MSLSD.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Estonia appears to be pulling their weight, several other NATO members are not.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Sounds like a fun job, I'll do it
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top