[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pro tip:

Read entire article.

Then post outrage.

But first read the article
View Quote

I read the article.  The point stands.  Instead of making sure a malcontent left the country, the US now has a foreign policy issue, which was entirely foreseeable and avoidable by his chain of command.  And a undeserved black mark on the records of the US soldiers on duty in the JSA---so the Korea hands have been saying---when this guy decided to run.

Now, beyond merely being embarrassing, this affair will likely cost the American taxpayer still more money, as a bribe to Un to get his worthless ass repatriated.  

Thank you for your earnest commentary.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The following statement comes to mind:

‘Life is hard. It’s harder if you’re stupid.’
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm gonna guess this administration pushes extra hard for his release and if they get it, punishment will be minimal.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
According to NBC News, the soldier who darted across the Demilitarized Zone on Tuesday could have crossed the border as a Tik Tok stunt.  
https://www.wfla.com/news/world/u-s-soldier-may-have-bolted-into-north-korea-for-tik-tok-stunt-report/
View Quote

No, a witness made a remark that it looked like someone making a TikTok video. That’s all.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#6]
American soldier Travis King had shown signs of possibly defecting from the Army nearly a year before he fled into North Korean territory, telling military officials while serving in South Korea that he would not "return to post or America."  
https://nypost.com/2023/07/22/travis-king-showed-signs-of-defecting-before-fleeing-to-n-korea/
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
American soldier Travis King had shown signs of possibly defecting from the Army nearly a year before he fled into North Korean territory, telling military officials while serving in South Korea that he would not "return to post or America."  
https://nypost.com/2023/07/22/travis-king-showed-signs-of-defecting-before-fleeing-to-n-korea/
View Quote

I am pretty sure the NKs will prove him wrong, they will be returning his body to America once they are done with him.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#9]

I despise communism and think it is the deadliest disease to hit the world.  That guy was dealt a horrible hand his whole life. I can’t say I blame him for trying something, anything different
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I despise communism and think it is the deadliest disease to hit the world.  That guy was dealt a horrible hand his whole life. I can’t say I blame him for trying something, anything different
View Quote

FAFO, Our society has more compassion than it needs, If someone had squared that kid away sooner, he wouldn't be getting the doctorate in FAFO.  I get it.  I'm probably more guilty of it than most here. There's a point we all need to realize you aren't doing anyone favors by being soft. And I'm 100% the worst hypocrite that way.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

What? Dresnok was an asshole to his fellow defectors by all reports. Dude was a tremendous asshole who likely peaked in life being an super petty tyrant in a tiny little tyrant kingdom
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tha hell is a Private Second Class?
View Quote

PV2 or E-2.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I say let the Nork's have him. But Potato will trade something valuable for this shitbag. Been here saw that.

Almost like it was planned form the beginning...
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#14]
F him.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tha hell is a Private Second Class?
View Quote

PV2, E2 pay grade, typically called a private

E1 is Private
E2 is Private second class (rarely used title) usually just called PV2
E3 is Private First Class
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder if Kim Jong Un is into big g#¢!!o booty? North Korea could trade Travis to Dubai for Sasssy Trucker.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 8/15/2023 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3msZICXEAA2iDN?format=png&name=small
View Quote

What a dumbass. If he ever gets traded back, I'm sure they'll turn him into a hero and get a book and movie deal out of it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What a dumbass. If he ever gets traded back, I'm sure they'll turn him into a hero and get a book and movie deal out of it.
View Quote

He will.be promoted come back as an E6 with back pay and hailed as a hero.

Clown world.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top