Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/27/2017 12:02:19 AM EDT
Lewandowski is now a 100% disabled veteran because of the severity of his PTSD. Since he has gotten out, the VA had him taking up to 18 pills a day to treat his PTSD.
This pharmaceutical treatment was literally killing him.

At 180 Percocet per month, for ten consecutive months, along with a prescription for OxyContin, Lewandowski’s liver was failing.
Luckily, for this Marine veteran, he found cannabis — and it worked.

Cannabis treats PTSD so effectively — as both clinical and anecdotal evidence has shown — the Drug Enforcement Agency recently approved the first-ever study of its whole-plant medicinal use for vets in April.
By allowing the use of the whole cannabis plant, the DEA opened the door for even the smoked variety to be studied for the potential alleviation of PTSD symptoms......

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2017/05/25/usmc-veteran-facing-life-in-prison-over-1-oz-of-cannabis-to-treat-his-ptsd/

Survive combat only to be crushed by those you defended.

The War on Veterans must be stopped.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#1]
end the war on dopers

waste of fucking time and treasure
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:09:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Legalize the stuff nationwide and get the dopers out of CO please.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#3]
It's disgraceful that they're ruining his life over a fucking plant.

And there are idiots who will celebrate it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Smoking pot is pretty hard on the liver too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:11:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Gestapo needs to keep its funding flowing... fuck everything else, including the veterans.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:12:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I do not understand why, with so many locations where recreational or medicinal use of cannabis is legal, people simply don't just move where they won't end up in jail for possessing pot.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Not the full story. His liver was failing because his pain management wasn't using the right narcotics.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:13:37 AM EDT
[#9]
He is guilty of living in the Bible belt if you ask me.  Not many states will even think about giving you a felony for cannabis unless you are selling it.  What a waste of tax payer money.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Good. There is no excuse for pot. I see needles all over the street because of potheads. Someone could step on one and get AIDs.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:15:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Or don't possess/use an illegal substance.

fuck I bet heroin would treat PTSD amazingly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:15:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Bull-fucking-shit

no one faces life in prison over dope.

Didn't care to read any article as I know by your title anything posted is BS

If the guy "scored out" to a serious sentence because of drug possession than ZFG.

I'm a combat vet.......don't see me smoking dope.

Go peddle your BS somewhere else
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:17:45 AM EDT
[#13]
What does Percoset and Oxy have to do with treating PTSD?

His real issues came from leaving the state and moving to Kali and then ''missing'' a court date. bad shit happens when you say FU to the courts.

His wife caused a whole shitload of the issues if one reads the article by calling the popo and filing DV charges.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#14]
18 pills a day?

Yeah, no.

PTSD episode?  Is that code for beating up his wife?

Funny, got in firefights, IEDs, crazy shit......never had the urge to beat up my wife or kids...........or abuse drugs.

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:20:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Illegal is illegal.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
18 pills a day?

Yeah, no.

Funny, got in firefights, IEDs, crazy shit......never had the urge to beat up my wife or kids...........or abuse drugs.

View Quote
Since you don't have any problems, I guess no one else should either, huh?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
18 pills a day?

Yeah, no.

What retread are you?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:31:21 AM EDT
[#18]
At 180 Percocet per month, for ten consecutive months, along with a prescription for OxyContin
View Quote
He is addicted to the opiates and Pot was his way to get out of that addiction per what was written. And no state has a law that 1oz of pot will be life in prison. BS article trying to blame pot for an opiate addiction.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:32:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll thank the man for his sacrifice, and service. What happens to our service men and woman is a tragedy!

but this guy is a fucking dumbass. I understand him trying it to see if it helped, but if it did, move to where it was less illegal. CA, CO, etc. why wouldn't you look up the laws?  Every person I have ever known who did any drugs knew the laws. No more than xx grams or it is intent to distribute.  No more than x plants, etc.

His wife is a dumbass for calling the cops with pot on the property. Then they trick her into filing charges. Then he and her are dumbasses for not contacting the court to let them know he was in treatment. They should have had a lawyer file for a later date due to the extenuating circumstances. Plus that story was obviously written by a pot lovin hippie stoner.

I believe that pot can help certain things, but the stoners market it like a snake oil salesman 120 yrs ago. They had their cure all then too. Most contained morphine and other harsh narcotics.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:32:28 AM EDT
[#20]
This case may not be the poster child for pot legalization, but I would vote for legalization tomorrow if given the choice.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:34:45 AM EDT
[#21]
AWTON, OK (KSWO)- Kristoffer Lewandowski, the Marine veteran charged with possession of multiple marijuana plants in Comanche County, has accepted a blind plea deal with the judge in his case. The plea agreement resolves all pending charges filed against Lewandowski.

According to Thomas Hurley, the retired Marine's Oklahoma-based attorney, in the plea deal, Lewandowski, who served ten years in the U.S. Marine Corps deployed in Iraq, Afghanistan and the waters off of Somalia, will serve no jail time and plead guilty to a deferred felony charge for marijuana cultivation.  If he does not violate the law during a five-year period of probation, no felony will be placed on his record.

"Tens of thousands of people around the country who have remained steadfast in supporting Kris throughout this ordeal have shown we can make progress even in states like Oklahoma that have not yet recognized the many medical benefits of cannabis."  Michael Minardi, a medical cannabis attorney based in Tampa, Florida who is serving as part of Lewandowski's trial team commented, "the decision by Oklahoma to go from seeking years of prison time to no jail time at all and just a deferred felony is a huge victory for all of us in this country who are fighting for medical cannabis patients' rights."

In 2012, he was diagnosed with severe Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) following his service tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and, after a cocktail of 14 different pharmaceutical drugs proved ineffective for treating his PTSD, Lewandowski began using medical cannabis.

In June of 2014, deputies responded to a home on Arapaho Street in Geronimo after 32-year-old Kristoffer Lewandowski was seen chasing his wife with a knife. After barricading himself in his home, he ultimately surrendered. That's when multiple marijuana plants were found growing on the property.

“When we get there and we find out we have marijuana there that's being grown, it seems to get worse. And then with children present, this is a bad situation gone worse for the whole entire family," explained Sheriff Stradley at the time of the arrest.

The entire ordeal was witnessed by Lewandowski's two young children. Both were taken into DHS custody before being released to their mother.

In all, marijuana plants were found, along with growing equipment and two guns. Lewandowski originally faced charges of cultivating marijuana, paraphernalia and domestic assault in the presence of a child which, if convicted, could have led to a life prison sentence.

After being charged, Lewandowski returned to his home state of California with his wife and two young children and has been an active leader in the nationwide Weed for Warriors project that advocates for veterans' rights related to medicinal cannabis use.  He has also worked to support seriously ill and disabled citizens through the Human Solution International, an advocacy group that is dedicated to preventing the wrongful incarceration and criminal prosecutions of medical cannabis patients.

"I can now go home to California knowing this terrible ordeal is over.  For my children and wife, this victory means I will not be separated from them. Fighting daily for veterans and other patients I know this gives hope to so many people around the country.  I will continue to fight for all veterans as a part of the Weed For Warriors Project and I know our work has and continues to make a difference. Coming to this agreement shows that the efforts of all of us working together has helped in this fight to free veterans and medical cannabis patients everywhere from the tyranny and persecution we've faced for so many years," Lewandowski said.

According to Lewandowski's attorney, his PTSD and suicidal tendencies have drastically declined following the cannabis treatment.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:35:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
18 pills a day?

Yeah, no.

View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:36:02 AM EDT
[#23]
For those that didn't read the article his wife stated he has never laid a finger on her
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:37:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
18 pills a day?

Yeah, no.

View Quote
He never beat her, just chased her around the neighborhood with a knife.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:38:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Good. There is no excuse for pot. I see needles all over the street because of potheads. Someone could step on one and get AIDs.
View Quote
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:39:01 AM EDT
[#26]
It's just ridiculous. The same government that is literally giving him refined opioids, is threatening him with prison over smoking a plant.

I feel so much safer.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:47:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's just ridiculous. The same government that is literally giving him refined opioids, is threatening him with prison over smoking a plant.

I feel so much safer.
View Quote
Rules, he has them....

Shoulda moved to a pot state....
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:53:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

He is addicted to the opiates and Pot was his way to get out of that addiction per what was written. And no state has a law that 1oz of pot will be life in prison. BS article trying to blame pot for an opiate addiction.
View Quote
Well, cultivation is treated differently than possession. Add guns and domestic abuse and they can chain a lot of time together. Still 180 perkies a month? Dayumn. Still as much as I think it should be legalized I fucking hate hearing the health panacea it's touted as.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:54:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oklahoma.  He's facing life imprisonment over a "grow operation" of six plants.  

And they will almost certainly convict him, sadly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:54:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:55:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
There has to be more to this.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
18 pills a day as nothing to do with your service.

Stop blaming other people and other shit and man the fuck up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:57:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Keep in mind they only found the "grow operation" after he chased his wife with a knife around the neighborhood and barricaded himself in his house.

According to Thomas Hurley, the retired Marine's Oklahoma-based attorney, in the plea deal, Lewandowski, who served ten years in the U.S. Marine Corps deployed in Iraq, Afghanistan and the waters off of Somalia, will serve no jail time and plead guilty to a deferred felony charge for marijuana cultivation. If he does not violate the law during a five-year period of probation, no felony will be placed on his record.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:59:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Rules, he has them....

Shoulda moved to a pot state....
View Quote
Or a State that isn't completely fucking retarded about marijuana enforcement.   Just about any State in the USA would have been a better place to get busted for that.   His life is pretty much over at this point.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:59:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Or a State that isn't completely fucking retarded about marijuana enforcement.   Just about any State in the USA would have been a better place to get busted for that.   His life is pretty much over at this point.
View Quote
Except it isn't.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:02:10 AM EDT
[#36]
We should lock up everybody that has ever even so much as looked at some pot...... The children, think of them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:03:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Keep in mind they only found the "grow operation" after he chased his wife with a knife around the neighborhood and barricaded himself in his house.
View Quote
True, he's fucked up.   And did fuck up.  Could be related to his 100% disability for PTSD.   I'm not an expert.    Punish him for THAT crime.

The laughable/pathetic thing is that growing six plants in your house is considered to be a far more heinous crime than chasing your wife around the neighborhood with a knife, in Oklahoma.   Sorry, but that is just mind-blowing.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:03:37 AM EDT
[#38]
What does PTSD have to do with oxi?

Sounds like a shitbird.

We had/have plenty of those in the services.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:05:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He took a plea deal that was reversed by a judge so he's free and clear of the drug charges.

Now they're going after him on weapons charges because they also found a replica firearm in the house. The article didn't say what the weapon was, just that it's a replica.

ETA: They're going after him for assault with a deadly weapon because there was a gun in the house.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:07:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Guess the weed didn't work either.... Still tried to kill the wife.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:07:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
LMAO you aren't serious are you? I am no advocate of any drug, never have done any of them except drink alcohol very rarely, but I don't believe that anyone should be kept from doing anything that they want as long as it doesn't harm others.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:07:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

True, he's fucked up.   And did fuck up.  Could be related to his 100% disability for PTSD.   I'm not an expert.    Punish him for THAT crime.

The laughable/pathetic thing is that growing six plants in your house is considered to be a far more heinous crime than chasing your wife around the neighborhood with a knife, in Oklahoma.   Sorry, but that is just mind-blowing.
View Quote
I felt like this gives a better accounting.

Obviously it's stupid because of the pot, but there's more to the story than the clickbait article.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:08:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What does PTSD have to do with oxi?

Sounds like a shitbird.

We had/have plenty of those in the services.
View Quote
Possible

Or he fucked his back up jumping outta plane, IED flipped his hmmwv, who knows....

Then they give pills to counter the effects of pills etc.

No telling if he's a shitbag or not...
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:08:29 AM EDT
[#44]

Gurkadin is as bad as slabside but they're probably the same person.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:08:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Guess the weed didn't work either.... Still tried to kill the wife.
View Quote
Over the pot.

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:09:39 AM EDT
[#46]
I really don't care if dope is legalized... but for the love of all that's holy stop using "veteran" and "PTSD" as the argument and justification for it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:10:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ummm. You do realize that they had him on opiates? It was destroying his liver whilst doing no good to remedy the issue.  Hence, the marijuana usage.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:10:32 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm with Ranger.  That story has some aircraft carrier size holes in it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:12:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Except it isn't.
View Quote
cultivation of marijuana, in any amount, is punishable by imprisonment for 20 to life in Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:13:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure is, they are called conservatives.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top