Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:15:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He never beat her, just chased her around the neighborhood with a knife.
View Quote
oh, well that's OK then
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:16:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

He took a plea deal that was reversed by a judge so he's free and clear of the drug charges.

Now they're going after him on weapons charges because they also found a replica firearm in the house. The article didn't say what the weapon was, just that it's a replica.

ETA: They're going after him for assault with a deadly weapon because there was a gun in the house.
View Quote
Good to hear.

Like I said, light him up on the assault charges as necessary.  No excuse for that.

The drug stuff in that State is just beyond ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:17:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Since you don't have any problems, I guess no one else should either, huh?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:20:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

cultivation of marijuana, in any amount, is punishable by imprisonment for 20 to life in Oklahoma.
View Quote
Is, being the key word. But at the time of the posting of the OP, he had already pled down on a deferred charge that will result in no felony on his record if he doesn't break the law in 5 years.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:27:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Can anyone provide an actual charge/conviction/sentencing?

Activist and dope websites don't count.  I need a way to actually look up the actual real things.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:30:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He is addicted to the opiates and Pot was his way to get out of that addiction per what was written. And no state has a law that 1oz of pot will be life in prison. BS article trying to blame pot for an opiate addiction.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
At 180 Percocet per month, for ten consecutive months, along with a prescription for OxyContin
He is addicted to the opiates and Pot was his way to get out of that addiction per what was written. And no state has a law that 1oz of pot will be life in prison. BS article trying to blame pot for an opiate addiction.
Why are you shiting in this classic WOD thread with your logic. 
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:30:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Smoking pot is pretty hard on the liver too.
View Quote
Yes it is, but the doses of opiods he was on, how did he make age to take a shit?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:35:06 AM EDT
[#8]
The sentence is stupid but so is the thought that somehow pot can help anyone.

PTSD....LOL.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:35:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's disgraceful that they're ruining his life over a fucking plant.

And there are idiots who will celebrate it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

the first one has arrived!

Quoted:
Or don't possess/use an illegal substance.

fuck I bet heroin would treat PTSD amazingly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:36:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What retread are you?
View Quote
Did he touch a nerve?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:38:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The sentence is stupid but so is the thought that somehow pot can help anyone.

PTSD....LOL.
View Quote
It's been scientifically proven to help with certain chronic illnesses.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:42:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I think he should be able to smoke pot if he wants, but should have moved to CA to begin with. Frankly arresting people for smoking weed is a giant waste of resources. But facing life is a stretch, that may be the maximum but prior record and circumstances will dictate his sentence.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:19:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For those that didn't read the article his wife stated he has never laid a finger on her
View Quote
Abused spouses say that shit everyday.  "PTSD episode" is a pretty vague fucking term and her fleeing the house with her children and calling LE would seem to indicate she was in fear for her children as well as her own safety.

The article you posted in the OP reeks of bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:46:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

18 pills a day as nothing to do with your service.

Stop blaming other people and other shit and man the fuck up.
View Quote
not everyone is as hoorah as you.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:50:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL

I love this crap

Why is pot illegal?

Because it's bad!

Why is it bad?

Because it's illegal!

What a joke
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:59:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Did you guys ever look up the stats on alcoholism?

Excessive alcohol consumption is known to kill about 88,000 people in the United States each year, but a study released by the CDC and The Lewin Group shows that it has a huge impact on our wallets as well.

The cost of excessive alcohol consumption in the United States reached $223.5 billion in 2006 or about $1.90 per drink. Almost three-quarters of these costs were due to binge drinking. Binge drinking is defined as consuming four or more alcoholic beverages per occasion for women or five or more drinks per occasion for men, and is the most common form of excessive alcohol consumption in the United States.

The researchers found that the cost of excessive drinking was quite far-reaching, reflecting the effect this dangerous behavior has on many aspects of the drinker’s life and on the lives of those around them. The costs largely resulted from losses in workplace productivity (72% of the total cost), health care expenses for problems caused by excessive drinking (11% of total), law enforcement and other criminal justice expenses related to excessive alcohol consumption (9% of total), and motor vehicle crash costs from impaired driving (6% of the total).

The study analyzed national data from multiple sources to estimate the costs due to excessive drinking in 2006, the most recent year for which data were available. The study did not consider a number of other costs such as those because of pain and suffering among either the excessive drinker or others that were affected by their drinking, and thus may be an underestimate.

Nevertheless, the researchers estimated that excessive drinking cost $746 for every man, woman, and child in the United States in 2006.

The cost to society due to alcohol use is staggering.

Why are we not banning it?

Freedom is secondary to all of us banning stuff that's "bad."

Bad stuff must not be tolerated!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#17]
"In order to make it look like a legitimate arrest, police told Whitney that if she pressed assault charges against her husband, they would not charge her and she could keep their children. She obviously opted to stay out of prison and to not have her children kidnapped by the state."

If true, this is another point people should be raging over.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:20:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
You heard it here folks. Ranger_556 says there is no link between exposure to combat and drug addiction. Can't wait for his journal article. I hear "man the fuck up" therapy shows real promise. It's the next "stop crying or I'll pop you in the mouth again"
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:21:30 AM EDT
[#19]
If he needed pain meds for chronic pain than so be it. Neither opiates or weed will cure PTSD. Hopefully he is seeking counseling of some sort.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:25:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You heard it here folks. Ranger_556 says there is no link between exposure to combat and drug addiction. Can't wait for his journal article.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You heard it here folks. Ranger_556 says there is no link between exposure to combat and drug addiction. Can't wait for his journal article.
Are there actually reviewed journal articles that say there is a link between combat and drug addiction?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:30:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can anyone provide an actual charge/conviction/sentencing?

Activist and dope websites don't count.  I need a way to actually look up the actual real things.
View Quote
shhhh...the clickbait outrage is fun to watch.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Guise+dont+share+your+pot+needles+_e52a84549ecf523e986bb7956e0cc2c5.jpg

Did you guys ever look up the stats on alcoholism?

Excessive alcohol consumption is known to kill about 88,000 people in the United States each year, but a study released by the CDC and The Lewin Group shows that it has a huge impact on our wallets as well.

The cost of excessive alcohol consumption in the United States reached $223.5 billion in 2006 or about $1.90 per drink. Almost three-quarters of these costs were due to binge drinking. Binge drinking is defined as consuming four or more alcoholic beverages per occasion for women or five or more drinks per occasion for men, and is the most common form of excessive alcohol consumption in the United States.

The researchers found that the cost of excessive drinking was quite far-reaching, reflecting the effect this dangerous behavior has on many aspects of the drinker’s life and on the lives of those around them. The costs largely resulted from losses in workplace productivity (72% of the total cost), health care expenses for problems caused by excessive drinking (11% of total), law enforcement and other criminal justice expenses related to excessive alcohol consumption (9% of total), and motor vehicle crash costs from impaired driving (6% of the total).

The study analyzed national data from multiple sources to estimate the costs due to excessive drinking in 2006, the most recent year for which data were available. The study did not consider a number of other costs such as those because of pain and suffering among either the excessive drinker or others that were affected by their drinking, and thus may be an underestimate.

Nevertheless, the researchers estimated that excessive drinking cost $746 for every man, woman, and child in the United States in 2006.

The cost to society due to alcohol use is staggering.

Why are we not banning it?

Freedom is secondary to all of us banning stuff that's "bad."

Bad stuff must not be tolerated!
View Quote
The state makes a lot of money off alcohol.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:41:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

oh, well that's OK then
View Quote
Yeah that is not fine-  dude went psycho.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
18 pills a day?

Yeah, no.

PTSD episode?  Is that code for beating up his wife?

Funny, got in firefights, IEDs, crazy shit......never had the urge to beat up my wife or kids...........or abuse drugs.

Oh. Well, that's OK then.

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:50:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What does Percoset and Oxy have to do with treating PTSD?

His real issues came from leaving the state and moving to Kali and then ''missing'' a court date. bad shit happens when you say FU to the courts.

His wife caused a whole shitload of the issues if one reads the article by calling the popo and filing DV charges.
View Quote
Came here to say this
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Damn, you could sail the USS Nimitz through the holes in that story.

The world wonders.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:52:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Good to hear.

Like I said, light him up on the assault charges as necessary.  No excuse for that.

The drug stuff in that State is just beyond ridiculous.
View Quote
Maybe he can finally shank his wife since he failed the first time.

Too bad he hadn't finished growing all his pot, once he smoke his first joint, I'm sure he would be like totally peaceful.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:55:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Somebody want to help me out and tell me if you see a CAR?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:56:58 AM EDT
[#29]
This photo doesn't really help.

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Oh the dopers. This guy sounds so dangerous though. What if a kid found those pot needles? Do you realize how dangerous that narcotic id's? I mean, surely it wouldn't be a schedule one narcotic if it wasn't so dangerous. Right guys? Guys? Yeah come on!

Someday soon these antiquated laws written by paid off politicians will be off the books.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I never thought it was very dangerous, until I heard about him chasing his wife with a knife through the house.

I would love to hear what the artilleryman saw in the shit (that didn't involve combat) that gave him PTSD and 100 disability.

Oh, and maybe all the pot he did in high school screwed up his brain.

who knows?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not much difference between Oxycontin and Heroin, how do you thing so many people get on Heroin? Doctors over and improperly prescribing Oxycontin.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:08:33 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
I'm confused- CAR does not mean a motor vehicle but a Combat Action Ribbon?  Now I need more (clearer pics) info but chasing his wife with a knife is just psycho.  Could've shot and dropped at the point.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:14:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You heard it here folks. Ranger_556 says there is no link between exposure to combat and drug addiction. Can't wait for his journal article. I hear "man the fuck up" therapy shows real promise. It's the next "stop crying or I'll pop you in the mouth again"
View Quote
C'mon. First they give him oxy's for PTSD , then marijuana (known for potentiating schizophrenia). Next he chases his wife around with a knife and we're supposed to feel sorry for him that consequences came from that event?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:21:48 AM EDT
[#35]
The babies head would be in the way of the CAR. There is no corresponding medal.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:24:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Get the fuck out of here. You don't fucking speed or do any of the many other bullshit things our government has deemed illegal?

You have go to be fucking kidding me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The babies head would be in the way of the CAR. There is no corresponding medal.
View Quote
I know.

Convenient.  I am pretty sure his other rack isn't showing a CAR but I wasn't positive.

Remember, this war hero is 100% disabled.  Incapable of working (but surprisingly nimble with a knife in his hands)

So we have opiod abuse, attempted murder, growing an illegal substance, possible fraud and what does click bait talk about?  less than 1 ounce of weed.  But six plants.  smallest fucking plants ever I guess.  so much lying, so much bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:25:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not much difference between Oxycontin and Heroin, how do you thing so many people get on Heroin? Doctors over and improperly prescribing Oxycontin.
View Quote
So true.  Most Teens Who Abuse Opioids First Got Them From a Doctor
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:26:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Get the fuck out of here. You don't fucking speed or do any of the many other bullshit things our government has deemed illegal?

You have go to be fucking kidding me.
View Quote
I have honestly never chased my wife with a knife.

Call me a square.  Kids these days and their kinky ways.  Back in my day you smacked her around and raped her in the kitchen.  but knives?  When did that become fun?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:32:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

C'mon. First they give him oxy's for PTSD , then marijuana (known for potentiating schizophrenia). Next he chases his wife around with a knife and we're supposed to feel sorry for him that consequences came from that event?
View Quote
Oxy's are commonly prescribed for PTS.  Narcotics serve to greatly reduce anxiety associated with Post Traumatic Stress.  Right answer?

I have to say candidly as read some of the uneducated, hurtful and obtuse comments here in this thread I have a strong desire to push some of these posters teeth down their throat get sad.  

I've worked with the VA and SOCOM care coalition trying to RD methods of helping guys with PTS.  You'll notice that I didn't use the "D" for disorder because it's not. PTS is a normal human reaction to sustained life threatening stress and effects everyone differently. More that one friend has killed himself through risky behavior and a couple sucked pistols. Me? Not so bad but I've found that it helps that even though I'm old and fat that I'm still in the game. It helps.  

THC also serves well to reduce PTS stress. This draconian view of marijuana is an extrodinarially ignorant position and speaks loudly about the mental acuity of those that hold it.

If there's anyone reading this thread that's dealing with PTS please contact me and I'll do my best to connect you to some people that might help.

Edit: again reading through the uneducated posts here.....look, you didn't have to serve in sustained bayonet fights to suffer PTS.  There are clerk typists that never left FOB that suffer and their PTS is bonafide. Are guys milking this? Fuck yes they are but they also milk hearing loss.   SOF units fare better because #1 rotations are shorter, #2 they are more of a master of their destiny (helps...) and #3 they are cohesive in and out of the AOR. An ODA, Troop or SEAL team live and work closely together. This also helps as they are never far away from being surrounded by men with shared experiences and often stay in the same unit for close to their entire career.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Does it look like this?

I cannot find the blue stripe yet- do not want to violate the CoC though.

Most important, he chase his wife with a knife-   that guy has serious problems.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I know.

Convenient.  I am pretty sure his other rack isn't showing a CAR but I wasn't positive.

Remember, this war hero is 100% disabled.  Incapable of working (but surprisingly nimble with a knife in his hands)

So we have opiod abuse, attempted murder, growing an illegal substance, possible fraud and what does click bait talk about?  less than 1 ounce of weed.  But six plants.  smallest fucking plants ever I guess.  so much lying, so much bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know.

I saw the other pic, I was just making sure you weren't looking to hard for a ribbon, that if there, could not be seen. The whole story smells like shit. I'm not going to get to emotionally invested in it.

Whether it's actual legit PTSD or not I just hate using vet, Marine, PTSD status as a reason for bad behavior when actual mental illness might be the cause and can be treated if it was treated properly instead of throwing pain pills and weed at him.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I saw the other pic, I was just making sure you weren't looking to hard for a ribbon, that if there, could not be seen. The whole story smells like shit. I'm not going to get to emotionally invested in it.

Whether it's actual legit PTSD or not I just hate using vet, Marine, PTSD status as a reason for bad behavior when actual mental illness might be the cause and can be treated if it was treated properly instead of throwing pain pills and weed at him.
View Quote
this is what pisses me off.  I know men who have BTDT and they are fucking dealing with it, but all you have to do is lie to the VA and get 100% disability and then be some fucking martyr for the church of the rastafarians.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Oxy's are commonly prescribed for PTS.  Narcotics serve to greatly reduce anxiety associated with Post Traumatic Stress.  Right answer?

I have to say candidly as read some of the uneducated, hurtful and obtuse comments here in this thread I have a strong desire to push some of these posters teeth down their throat get sad.  

I've worked with the VA and SOCOM care coalition trying to RD methods of helping guys with PTS.  You'll notice that I didn't use the "D" for disorder because it's not. PTS is a normal human reaction to sustained life threatening stress and effects everyone differently. More that one friend has killed himself through risky behavior and a couple sucked pistols. Me? Not so bad but I've found that it helps that even though I'm old and fat that I'm still in the game. It helps.  

THC also serves well to reduce PTS stress. This draconian view of marijuana is an extrodinarially ignorant position and speaks loudly about the mental acuity of those that hold it.

If there's anyone reading this thread that's dealing with PTS please contact me and I'll do my best to connect you to some people that might help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those drugs "might" help anxiety. They pretty much just treat symptoms instead of resolving the condition.

Those drugs might also potentiate underlying mental illness.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Those drugs "might" help anxiety. They pretty much just treat symptoms instead of resolving the condition.

View Quote
Welcome to the world of the VA......prescribe, cross them off the list and move to the next guy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:42:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Why the fuck was he prescribed oxy and percs for PTSD?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Percocet and oxycontin are not for PTSD.

I'd like to have someone explain the mental gymnastis (bullshit) behind that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Welcome to the world of the VA......prescribe, cross them off the list and move to the next guy.
View Quote
On the other hand, don't prescribe and have this headline the next day,

WOUNDED WARRIOR HERO VETERAN MARINE WITH PTSD DENIED PAIN MEDICATION BY VA TO TREAT HIS DISABILITY EARNED WHILE IN COMBAT IN KUWAIT!!!!

Nobody makes these guys take the pain meds.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Exactly. Beta blockers would be a much wiser approach Blood Pressure Drug May Erase Fearful Memories

Animal research has shown that fearful memories are not necessarily permanent, but rather that they can change when remembered. In animals, this process, called reconsolidation, appears vulnerable to beta-blockers.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top