Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

18 pills a day as nothing to do with your service.

Stop blaming other people and other shit and man the fuck up.
View Quote
You sir are part of the problem not the solution.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You sir are part of the problem not the solution.
View Quote
what is your experience in these matters?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Edit: again reading through the uneducated posts here.....look, you didn't have to serve in sustained bayonet fights to suffer PTS.  There are clerk typists that never left FOB that suffer and their PTS is bonafide. Are guys milking this? Fuck yes they are but they also milk hearing loss.   SOF units fare better because #1 rotations are shorter, #2 they are more of a master of their destiny (helps...) and #3 they are cohesive in and out of the AOR. An ODA, Troop or SEAL team live and work closely together. This also helps as they are never far away from being surrounded by men with shared experiences and often stay in the same unit for close to their entire career.
View Quote
This makes me cringe.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah 100s of Percocet is cool but some weed.. nawwww.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This makes me cringe.
View Quote
It should, because it demonstrates how fucked up we are when we enourage people to lie by paying them 3K a month and calling them "heroes"
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Do some reading.  The easiest way to explain is to use a Junkie phrase of the "warm blanket". Opioids bind with receptors that create a sense of stress free well being.  A very close friend just weaned himself of of about 10 years of Oxy's....all prescribed by Uncle Sugar.  

Here's a discussion on the topic
View Quote
But that's just a discussion forum where people (including those with "fibromyalgia " and other mental disorders) discuss their use of the drugs, not a medical journal.  Opiates are the wrong thing you want to use to treat PTSD. Not only would it be off label, but secondary issues with use, including narcotics induced hyperalgesic syndrome can make the PTSD worse.  They should be used for pain and pain only and I know of no physician who prescribes them for PTSD.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#7]
It sure would be cool if they would publish the actual facts.

The cops were called because the asshole in the story was chasing and threatening his wife with a knife after she killed one of his pot plants. He did this in front of his kids.

When they arrived they found a grow operation.

Shortly after the incident cops from the same town busted him for pot again.  And again for driving without a license.  

And then he didn't show up for his first hearing, so marshalls arrested him 1000 miles away across the country.

This guy sure wants snowflake status for being an artillery operations chief.

Fuck him.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The cops were called because the asshole in the story was chasing and threatening his wife with a knife after she killed one of his pot plants. He did this in front of his kids.

Shortly after the incident cops from the same town busted him for pot again.  And again for driving without a license.  

And then he didn't show up for his first hearing, so marshalls arrested him 1000 miles away across the country.

Fuck him.
View Quote
Get out of here with them facts.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

But that's just a discussion forum where people (including those with "fibromyalgia " and other mental disorders) discuss their use of the drugs, not a medical journal.  Opiates are the wrong thing you want to use to treat PTSD. Not only would it be off label, but secondary issues with use, including narcotics induced hyperalgesic syndrome can make the PTSD worse.  They should be used for pain and pain only and I know of no physician who prescribes them for PTSD.
View Quote
more scare mongering.

Watch out, you might step on the heroin needles and get aids.

oh, wait.

that does happen.

What I do with your money is none of your business, bible thumper.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Surely this is a price worth paying to stop thousands of people from dying of pot overdoses every year, isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:37:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Came here to say this
View Quote
Me too. Narcotic pain killers to treat PTSD? GTFO with the lies. I'd expect to see a cocktail Xanax/Wellbutrin etc, not Pers/Oxy's/Hydros.

Dude sounds like an opiate addict with a temper playing up the "But muh Veteran" card.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

True, he's fucked up.   And did fuck up.  Could be related to his 100% disability for PTSD.   I'm not an expert.    Punish him for THAT crime.

The laughable/pathetic thing is that growing six plants in your house is considered to be a far more heinous crime than chasing your wife around the neighborhood with a knife, in Oklahoma.   Sorry, but that is just mind-blowing.
View Quote
Yeah, this is why it's laughable when southerners tell people to move to a "free state." Just because a state has good gun laws doesn't mean it's FREE.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not much difference between Oxycontin and Heroin, how do you thing so many people get on Heroin? Doctors over and improperly prescribing Oxycontin.
View Quote
Heroin is cheaper and more readily available than Oxys. Florida is full of pill mills but they've been seeing a crackdown lately.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hence the "man the fuck" up part....
View Quote
Not gunna happen in today's society.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#16]
The stoner hipsters are out en force today, I hear...
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Thread backfire
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Nvm

Full of fail
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Fuck him.
View Quote
Excellent summary. "Fugitive Addict attempts to kill his wife" doesn't rally the Burnouts though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Fuck him.
View Quote
Hell, it would have been even better if people saw the headline, saw the website it was posted on, thought "that just doesn't sound right" and googled the damn thing.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Always use the least invasive least damaging most effective treatment.... that should be the VA's guiding star and modern medicine's for that matter.

Big Pharm has other plans and a large pool of politicians,doctors,and officials in it's pockets.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Always use the least invasive least damaging most effective treatment.... that should be the VA's guiding star and modern medicine's for that matter.

Big Pharm has other plans and a large pool of politicians,doctors,and officials in it's pockets.
View Quote
It's pretty staggering how doctors defer to drugs to treat problems so quickly. I had a recent bout with it, and could have easily had benzos and other drugs that are common with abuse if I wanted them.

It's pretty discontenting, especially when a friend overdosed on prescription drugs at 22.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Huh.  

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/ptsd-stricken-marine-vet-faces-five-years-in-oklahoma-prison-for-growing-six-marijuana-plants-7493535

Lewandowski's problems began in Geronimo, Oklahoma, just outside Fort Sill, where he had been teaching field artillery classes until chronic pain from a back injury finally took him off active duty. The sudden transition from several years in Middle Eastern combat zones to a sedentary life in rural Oklahoma simultaneously triggered an onset of PTSD. As an artillery operations chief, Lewandowski had fired off countless shells in support of combat troops, and the psychic weight of the carnage he knew he'd wrought was coming back to haunt him. "In Afghanistan, what gets me more than anything was the acceptance of death and of taking life," he recently explained over pizza at a Lake Forest Chuck E. Cheese. He sat next to Whitney, who carried their baby, while their two older children played nearby. "It was completely acceptable. It almost would have been unacceptable not to celebrate a successful firing operation, but now to think about every one of those rounds and what they did, I have a big issue living with that."

Lewandowski signed himself up for psychological counseling, but talking about his problems didn't seem to help. One night, a friend sleeping on Lewandowski's couch watched his sleepwalking host clearing the house of imaginary intruders. Then, on June 1, 2014, he got into an argument with Whitney about the marijuana plants he was attempting to grow in the house. After she destroyed one of the plants, Lewandowski grabbed a knife and Whitney fled to a neighbor's house with her kids.

"The original incident led to a couple of other incidents where I feel I was unjustly harassed," he says. Deputies arrested him for driving without a license, and later, they stopped and searched him while he was on foot, busting him for the less than a gram of cannabis in his pocket.

Adjusting to civilian life in California wasn't easy, however. In January 2015, Lewandowski checked himself into the Veterans Administration's Long Beach mental ward. It was during his time there that Lewandowski first became familiar with the Weed for Warriors project, which provides free cannabis to veterans suffering from PTSD. After leaving the hospital, Lewandowski became an activist with the group in his free time, helping to promote its message on social media.

But on June 20, 2015, a team of armed federal marshals arrested Lewandowski near his home. Because he had failed to appear at a pretrial hearing in Oklahoma—Lewandowski says he wasn't aware of it—he'd officially become a fugitive. As he was picking up his son from a church-run daycare center, they tackled him to the ground in front of his family and a group of stunned parents. Lewandowski spent the next week shackled in a bus on his way to Oklahoma, a trip extended for a day when several inmates were injured when the driver slammed the brakes to punish a mouthy prisoner and had to be taken to the hospital for an examination

Lewandowski made what is known as a "blind plea" in May, accepting responsibility for his actions and throwing himself on the court's mercy. "The state made it clear that I had to plead guilty [to avoid life]," he says. "But the thing is, I was using cannabis because of ailments I received in the military. I never joined the Marine Corps because I thought I would be in a situation where I could say, 'I am a veteran and shouldn't be dealing with this,' but I don't know what else to do. I don't want to go to jail for cannabis. I really don't."
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#24]
It's sad how we pay for Mil members NOT to win against PTSD. We hand them a check for life, hand them drugs, and refuse to tell them the only person that will do a damn bit of good about it is THEM. Instead, we reward both those that have it, and those that fake it along with other ''issues.'' Then EVERYONE bitches when there isn't enough money to help the one's that have real injuries and real issues.

Drugs are a cheap not so effective way to toss some ''we care'' BS peoples way. And no one wants to tell the bullshitters to F off. NO ONE. I knew plenty of assholes while I was in, also some of the finest people I will ever have the pleasure to meet in the world.

And while I may catch flak, being in the Mil, even if you get out with issues, doesn't give you a pass to so as you please and not follow laws you don't like. Nor does it give you a pass to put others in danger because ''you get mad'' because someone touched your ''shit.'' It also doesn't give you a pass to drive without a license, not to bother to show up to court, or anything else.

I don't even tell people I was in anymore, not that I ever did much anyways. It's either an ego thing or an excuse nowadays. Makes me sad.

Course I think telling most of the middle east to F off and leave them  to wallow in their filth by themselves is what we should have done a long time ago. We will NEVER rebuild that area into a society that is civilized, the only thing they will ever understand is power, fear, and leaving to to suffer the aftermath of fvcking with us. Not a dime to fixing their broken society.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#25]
the guy is an alpha hotel PTSD has nothing to do with what he did to his wife...for that they should throw the book at him...
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Don't smoke weed! Now take your 20 percocets and oxycontins and xanax a day and be a good boy!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

gun ownership is a constitutional right.

getting high and drunk are not.
View Quote
Having children, wearing blue jeans, and owning swimming pools aren't mentioned in the constitution.   Would it be legal for the States or Fed government to ban those things?

Why or why not, Mr. Constitutionalist?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Voluntarily enlists in the USMC during war, then cries about killing people while a Marine at war.  Instead of reveling in the glory of victory in battle, he whimpers like a little beta male about people he volunteered to kill to begin with.

Of course this is all an act because in reality, he's a piece of shit that wants a free ride for the rest of life.    

What a fucking disgrace.

Proving yet again what a worthless lot potheads are.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Having children, wearing blue jeans, and owning swimming pools aren't mentioned in the constitution.   Would it be legal for the States or Fed government to ban those things?

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Fuck him.
View Quote
And they short stroke the story around through a completely different prism.  

I agree.  Just because you are a vet doesn't mean you get to do whatever the fuck you want.  

It's his own criminal conduct that will put him behind bars.  Nothing whatsoever to do with the chin music about his service and PTSD.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

gun ownership is a constitutional right.

getting high and drunk are not.

And my favorite argument finally rears its ugly head.  Yay!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's just ridiculous. The same government that is literally giving him refined opioids, is threatening him with prison over smoking a plant.

I feel so much safer.
View Quote
Wow, checked Oklahoma law, 2(or more) to life for drug manufacture, cultivation, or distribution.

Drug dealers just get probation here, unless they have or sell a large amount.  It's a joke the amount of resources LE spends just to mostly put people on probation.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Strict construction of the constitution is an ugly argument?

Here's a basic question for you about the constitution.   Answer it to yourself if you like:

If the second amendment were suddenly repealed, what additional powers would be granted to the Federal government?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Dramatically subsidize weed in Colorado!  That's my idea.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
For those that didn't read the article his wife stated he has never laid a finger on her
View Quote
That's what they say after they realize the police is dragging hubby away and the money will stop.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:34:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes.

But I wouldn't live in a state that did so.

How is that any different than banning child marriage or any thing else which society has deemed a negative.

States' rights, how do they work?

needs more judicial oligarchy.

harvard educated lawyers must run society, its the only way.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

True, he's fucked up.   And did fuck up.  Could be related to his 100% disability for PTSD.   I'm not an expert.    Punish him for THAT crime.

The laughable/pathetic thing is that growing six plants in your house is considered to be a far more heinous crime than chasing your wife around the neighborhood with a knife, in Oklahoma.   Sorry, but that is just mind-blowing.
View Quote
Nope, you're wrong.  The cops cannot PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt, to a moral certitude the assault on the wife with the knife because she recanted.  The pot plants are easy to prove.  "Here's photos of the six plants I seized from the Lewandowski residence on 1/12/14 at 1900 hours,  Based on my training and experience, I recognize them to be possible marijuana plants.  I packaged them, entered them into evidence at the PD and sent them for testing at the crime lab."  BOOM, conviction.  Never have to go back to that house again, for that dude.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yeah.

bullshit artist.
View All Quotes
Maybe he should have continued treatment in the hospital instead of thinking weed would make everything ok.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yes.

But I wouldn't live in a state that did so.

How is that any different than banning child marriage or any thing else which society has deemed a negative.

States' rights, how do they work?

needs more judicial oligarchy.

harvard educated lawyers must run society, its the only way.
View Quote
States don't HAVE rights.   They have powers granted to them or not via their respective State constitutions.   Just like the Federal government.

You truly believe the Federal government currently has the authority to ban or regulate procreation?   If so, you aren't half the constitutionalist you claim to be.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Is, being the key word. But at the time of the posting of the OP, he had already pled down on a deferred charge that will result in no felony on his record if he doesn't break the law in 5 years.
View Quote
I would wager a good amount he is convicted of a DV offense in CA before he makes the five years.  Wife beaters don't get better from smoking the ganga.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Voluntarily enlists in the USMC during war, then cries about killing people while a Marine at war.  Instead of reveling in the glory of victory in battle, he whimpers like a little beta male about people he volunteered to kill to begin with.

Of course this is all an act because in reality, he's a piece of shit that wants a free ride for the rest of life.    

What a fucking disgrace.

Proving yet again what a worthless lot potheads are.
View Quote
My uncle was a Bombardier on a B-24 in Europe during WWII.  He helped kill a lot of people.  He came back and went back to farming and never talked about any of his missions.  He never drank, beat his wife or kids and lived to be 88 years old.  

My SIL was an X-Ray tech and deployed to Iraq during the draw down.  She is 100% disabled with PTSD.  She is also an alcoholic, going back before her PTSD.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

States don't HAVE rights.   They have powers granted to them or not via their respective State constitutions.   Just like the Federal government.

You truly believe the Federal government currently has the authority to ban or regulate procreation?   If so, you aren't half the constitutionalist you claim to be.
View Quote
lulz.

I never said the FEDERAL Government does.

You aren't any kind of constitutionalist as you can't even understand the concept of sovereignty.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Maybe he should have continued treatment in the hospital instead of thinking weed would make everything ok.
View Quote
Treatment for what?

Lying to get free money so he could be a full time doper?

ain't no treatment for lack of integrity.

Excuse me while my PTSD kicks in and I pretend to pull a lanyard on a cannon I never fired.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
"In order to make it look like a legitimate arrest, police told Whitney that if she pressed assault charges against her husband, they would not charge her and she could keep their children. She obviously opted to stay out of prison and to not have her children kidnapped by the state."

If true, this is another point people should be raging over.
View Quote
It probably is because she recanted.  Why should people be raging over it?  Dude was chasing her around the house with a knife and then barricades when police show up.  After police calm everything down, waste hours getting poster child to give up and she realizes her meal ticket is going to jail, she decides that it wasn't really that bad and she doesn't want to press charges.  Yeah, it's great for her kids to see daddy chasing mommy with a knife.  Fuck her.  This happens, routinely, in DV cases.  Luckily, she has moved to CA now, so the next time he beats her, he'll get a conviction because we don't require the victim to press charges in CA.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:43:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

lulz.

I never said the FEDERAL Government does.

You aren't any kind of constitutionalist as you can't even understand the concept of sovereignty.
View Quote
You responded to my 2 part question with a general affirmative.  So yes, you did.   You wish to take that back?  Great.   Point granted that the Federal government has no authority to regulate things it was never granted the authority to regulate.

As to sovereignty... where do governments derive their authority?   What, in the American tradition, is the rationale for a "legitimate" government?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:45:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Here's a basic question for you about the constitution.   Answer it to yourself if you like:

If the second amendment were suddenly repealed, what additional powers would be granted to the Federal government?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Power to the people, power to the states, and yea I believe the Constitution has the answers.  But the whole getting high equals 2A rights thing is bogus from the get go.  Apples to great danes argument.  How many other items, does the government regulate, that stoners aren't getting on their soap box about.   

The whole basic premise of medical MJ started with a lie to begin with, though.  MJ doesn't do squat for Glaucoma as once touted, not in the dosages the stoners like to use.  In order for it to be effective you would have to be high 24/7/365.  The real studies have shown that the tiny temporary effect has no therapeutic value in the long run and therefore does not help.  

Since this was found out, I have been skeptical of any value of usage.  Couple this with all the stoner engineering trying to get a more potent and perfect high, tells me all I need to know.  The vast majority of people claiming medical MJ just want to get high legally.  And there are as many bad side effects of smoking cannabis as there are good.

We can go tit for tat and list them all out but bottom line is it is being pushed by stoners who want to get high and very few people who have found any therapeutic effect.  
The only thing I wouldn't want to stretch out on is pain, maybe it does manage some pain, but there are plenty of things that do that.  And all of them are overprescribed to soft population now days anyway.  

Go get some 1960's, non engineered weed, that would have the same therapeutic effects and I might have some sympathy.  But everybody I have ever seen that wanted medical MJ was a stoner to begin with and just loves getting high, on todays crazy engineered super high thc ultra weed.  YMMV
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You responded to my 2 part question with a general affirmative.  So yes, you did.   You wish to take that back?  Great.   Point granted that the Federal government has no authority to regulate things it was never granted the authority to regulate.

As to sovereignty... where do governments derive their authority?   What, in the American tradition, is the rationale for a "legitimate" government?
View Quote
So NO I didn't.  Aren't we discussing the laws in Oklahoma versus the laws in California decrying the formers laws?  Is this guy under any federal charges?  This entire thread is about state laws, so lets dispense with the fact YOU failed to ask a specific question and assumed my answer.

That done.

Sovereignty is derived from the consent of the governed.  The people of Oklahoma have elected representatives who pass laws.  Its almost like federalism and De Tocquville.

But fuck that shit, yo!  

The same states that love the weed bans guns.  Which is ironic, because one is an enumerated right and the other is not.

If you don't like the consitution, cool.  but go sell anarchy somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Power to the people, power to the states, and yea I believe the Constitution has the answers.  But the whole getting high equals 2A rights thing is bogus from the get go.  Apples to great danes argument.  How many other items, does the government regulate, that stoners aren't getting on their soap box about.   
View Quote
Who said anything about getting high?

I made a point about which governments have the authority to do what and why.

I'm not equating "getting high" to the second amendment.   I'm equating second amendment rights to literally all other rights, enumerated or not.   Because that is how the constitution was written.

It isn't power "to" the people.  Power originates with the people and is only surrendered by them via their consent in a written document we call a constitution.

If the document doesn't say anything about a subject, that means they didn't surrender that bit of authority in the first place.

True, we have multiple governments.   And the States have generally been given more authority to regulate day to day life by their citizens.   But as far as the Federal government and the US constitution goes, this is a non-starter.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top