User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Who said anything about getting high?

I made a point about which governments have the authority to do what and why.

I'm not equating "getting high" to the second amendment.   I'm equating second amendment rights to literally all other rights, enumerated or not.   Because that is how the constitution was written.

It isn't power "to" the people.  Power originates with the people and is only surrendered by them via their consent in a written document we call a constitution.

If the document doesn't say anything about a subject, that means they didn't surrender that bit of authority in the first place.

True, we have multiple governments.   And the States have generally been given more authority to regulate day to day life by their citizens.   But as far as the Federal government and the US constitution goes, this is a non-starter.
View Quote
I did because it is the single most important premise the vast majority of the people who push for pot legalization, period!

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So NO I didn't.  Aren't we discussing the laws in Oklahoma versus the laws in California decrying the formers laws?  Is this guy under any federal charges?  This entire thread is about state laws, so lets dispense with the fact YOU failed to ask a specific question and assumed my answer.

That done.

Sovereignty is derived from the consent of the governed.  The people of Oklahoma have elected representatives who pass laws.  Its almost like federalism and De Tocquville.

But fuck that shit, yo!  

The same states that love the weed bans guns.  Which is ironic, because one is an enumerated right and the other is not.

If you don't like the consitution, cool.  but go sell anarchy somewhere else.
View Quote
Would it be legal for the States or Fed government to ban those things?

"Yes."

Maybe you just didn't understand the question before responding.   It required a detailed two point answer.  I just assumed you meant both when you said "yes" to both.   That's what we call taking people at their written word.   AKA strict constructionism.

My most sincere apologies.  I shall endeavor to read your posts in the future as living documents.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I did because it is the single most important premise the vast majority of the people who push for pot legalization, period!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9MiS9tn_r4
View Quote
Ah.   You're wrong and the constitution doesn't do what it says it does because you're an anarchist.

That didn't take long.

At least you're not alone in that argument.

Personally, I don't consider it a full day until an argument devolves into "anarchist!"

OH, and fuck your roads, too.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ah.   You're wrong and the constitution doesn't do what it says it does because you're an anarchist.

That didn't take long.

Personally, I don't consider it a full day until an argument devolves into "anarchist!"

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9MiS9tn_r4

That didn't take long.

LOL, enjoy your hemp rope and clothing, these are the important issues.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Or don't possess/use an illegal substance.

fuck I bet heroin would treat PTSD amazingly.
View Quote
That's what most of the prescription meds are, you know.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Who said anything about getting high?

I made a point about which governments have the authority to do what and why.

I'm not equating "getting high" to the second amendment.   I'm equating second amendment rights to literally all other rights, enumerated or not.   Because that is how the constitution was written.

It isn't power "to" the people.  Power originates with the people and is only surrendered by them via their consent in a written document we call a constitution.

If the document doesn't say anything about a subject, that means they didn't surrender that bit of authority in the first place.

True, we have multiple governments.   And the States have generally been given more authority to regulate day to day life by their citizens.   But as far as the Federal government and the US constitution goes, this is a non-starter.
View Quote
In the absence of enumerated rights, you are left to the determination of the people via their elected representatives of what is acceptable and what is not.  Otherwise its anarchy.  Or, in the modern parlance, judicial oligarchy.  

The same people arguing the 14th amendment guarantees a right to gay marriage also think the 2nd amendment guarantees the right of the federal government to organize a national guard.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You sir are part of the problem not the solution.
View Quote
No Sir, he is right.  I live in OK, I am 100% disabled through the VA, and the guy in this story needs to man up.  I spent a month on the 5th floor at Jack C Montgomery when I hit rock bottom, I have never used illegal drugs, I have never chased my wife with any type of negative intent (can't walk right so I wouldn't be able to catch her anyway), and I don't blame "War" for my failures.  I do get a TBI/PTSD rating, that is due to a cyst pushing on the part of my brain that deals with emotion, and I still know what wrong is.

If you can get it through the Behavior Health Department, then I have probably been on it including Lithium, and I am convinced it is all bullshit.  Kayaking, cigarettes, and religion did more for me then the VA ever did.  You can go ahead and add counseling to the shit list as well.  Don't give me that crap about pain either, I can't lift over 40 lbs, I can't walk for more then 10 mins, shit I can't sit for more then 10 mins, and being nauseous from pain medication doesn't make things any damn better.  Depression is real, but you don't get over that by sitting on your ass feeling sorry for yourself.  Get busy, find a fucking hobby, and stop talking about the past.  That is how you move on.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Jesus that article is over the top trying to drum up sympathy with half truths
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Smoking pot is pretty hard on the liver too.
View Quote
You need to share whatever it is you're smoking
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
AWTON, OK (KSWO)- Kristoffer Lewandowski, the Marine veteran charged with possession of multiple marijuana plants in Comanche County, has accepted a blind plea deal with the judge in his case. The plea agreement resolves all pending charges filed against Lewandowski.

According to Thomas Hurley, the retired Marine's Oklahoma-based attorney, in the plea deal, Lewandowski, who served ten years in the U.S. Marine Corps deployed in Iraq, Afghanistan and the waters off of Somalia, will serve no jail time and plead guilty to a deferred felony charge for marijuana cultivation.  If he does not violate the law during a five-year period of probation, no felony will be placed on his record.

"Tens of thousands of people around the country who have remained steadfast in supporting Kris throughout this ordeal have shown we can make progress even in states like Oklahoma that have not yet recognized the many medical benefits of cannabis."  Michael Minardi, a medical cannabis attorney based in Tampa, Florida who is serving as part of Lewandowski's trial team commented, "the decision by Oklahoma to go from seeking years of prison time to no jail time at all and just a deferred felony is a huge victory for all of us in this country who are fighting for medical cannabis patients' rights."

In 2012, he was diagnosed with severe Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) following his service tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and, after a cocktail of 14 different pharmaceutical drugs proved ineffective for treating his PTSD, Lewandowski began using medical cannabis.

In June of 2014, deputies responded to a home on Arapaho Street in Geronimo after 32-year-old Kristoffer Lewandowski was seen chasing his wife with a knife. After barricading himself in his home, he ultimately surrendered. That's when multiple marijuana plants were found growing on the property.

“When we get there and we find out we have marijuana there that's being grown, it seems to get worse. And then with children present, this is a bad situation gone worse for the whole entire family," explained Sheriff Stradley at the time of the arrest.

The entire ordeal was witnessed by Lewandowski's two young children. Both were taken into DHS custody before being released to their mother.

In all, marijuana plants were found, along with growing equipment and two guns. Lewandowski originally faced charges of cultivating marijuana, paraphernalia and domestic assault in the presence of a child which, if convicted, could have led to a life prison sentence.

After being charged, Lewandowski returned to his home state of California with his wife and two young children and has been an active leader in the nationwide Weed for Warriors project that advocates for veterans' rights related to medicinal cannabis use.  He has also worked to support seriously ill and disabled citizens through the Human Solution International, an advocacy group that is dedicated to preventing the wrongful incarceration and criminal prosecutions of medical cannabis patients.

"I can now go home to California knowing this terrible ordeal is over.  For my children and wife, this victory means I will not be separated from them. Fighting daily for veterans and other patients I know this gives hope to so many people around the country.  I will continue to fight for all veterans as a part of the Weed For Warriors Project and I know our work has and continues to make a difference. Coming to this agreement shows that the efforts of all of us working together has helped in this fight to free veterans and medical cannabis patients everywhere from the tyranny and persecution we've faced for so many years," Lewandowski said.

According to Lewandowski's attorney, his PTSD and suicidal tendencies have drastically declined following the cannabis treatment.
Well, look at that. The full story.

"Erh muh Gawd! Vet going to prison for life for pot!!!!"
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Why doesn't he move to a state that has legal pot? Seems like that would solve his problem 100%
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Lmfao, he took a guilty plea YESTERDAY and got deferred sentencing on it all.  They completely dropped the firearms charge also.  And he was taken into custody by the bounty hunters on his warrant for this case and the other listed below.

Much ado about nothing as usual and hysteria inducing article will live forever.
http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=comanche&number=CF-2014-284&cmid=403086

He also was stopped on traffic after his cultivation arrest and arrest again with CDS.
http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=comanche&number=CM-2014-950&cmid=404421
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lmfao, he took a guilty plea YESTERDAY and got deferred sentencing on it all.  They completely dropped the firearms charge also.  And he was taken into custody by the bounty hunters on his warrant for this case and the other listed below.

Much ado about nothing as usual and hysteria inducing article will live forever.
http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=comanche&number=CF-2014-284&cmid=403086

He also was stopped on traffic after his cultivation arrest and arrest again with CDS.
http://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=comanche&number=CM-2014-950&cmid=404421
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No Sir, he is right.  I live in OK, I am 100% disabled through the VA, and the guy in this story needs to man up.  I spent a month on the 5th floor at Jack C Montgomery when I hit rock bottom, I have never used illegal drugs, I have never chased my wife with any type of negative intent (can't walk right so I wouldn't be able to catch her anyway), and I don't blame "War" for my failures.  I do get a TBI/PTSD rating, that is due to a cyst pushing on the part of my brain that deals with emotion, and I still know what wrong is.

If you can get it through the Behavior Health Department, then I have probably been on it including Lithium, and I am convinced it is all bullshit.  Kayaking, cigarettes, and religion did more for me then the VA ever did.  You can go ahead and add counseling to the shit list as well.  Don't give me that crap about pain either, I can't lift over 40 lbs, I can't walk for more than 10 mins, shit I can't sit for more than 10 mins, and being nauseous from pain medication doesn't make things any damn better.  Depression is real, but you don't get over that by sitting on your ass feeling sorry for yourself.  Get busy, find a fucking hobby, and stop talking about the past.  That is how you move on.

View Quote
Old school right there, friend.

May God bless you in your continued recovery.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bull-fucking-shit

no one faces life in prison over dope.

Didn't care to read any article as I know by your title anything posted is BS

If the guy "scored out" to a serious sentence because of drug possession than ZFG.

I'm a combat vet.......don't see me smoking dope.

Go peddle your BS somewhere else
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Or don't possess/use an illegal substance.

fuck I bet heroin would treat PTSD amazingly.
View Quote
they had him on Percocet and OxyContin.  Same thing as heroin, really.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
they had him on Percocet and OxyContin.  Same thing as heroin, really.
View Quote
guy hasn't pooped in months.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Illegal is illegal.
View Quote
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top