Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The mounting evidence points to >80% of GD being closet Democrats.

I don’t think the bulk of members would recognize real freedom  if it walked up and kicked them in the teeth.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Real chili has beans and 9mm with modern ammo is superior (though I'm nostalgic and carry a 45 often)

https://media3.giphy.com/media/5VKbvrjxpVJCM/giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ae9a29993609866ede0856f70ed4d0f7bfe5d8dd&rid=giphy.gif
View Quote

Quoted:
We settled those issues last week.  It's 9mm and no beans in chili.
View Quote
AND WE'RE OFF!!!

I love GD!
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

These maps are most fun when you pull up say this and also ones with racial demographics,welfare recipients and voting trends.
 There are overall trends that are too much to ignore...except that it’s impolite to talk about some of them.

Population density will probably temper this considerably but huge areas could see big problems due to simple instances like that 2 clusters that resulted from infecting 2 funeral gatherings in Georgia.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

These maps are most fun when you pull up say this and also ones with racial demographics,welfare recipients and voting trends.
 There are overall trends that are too much to ignore...except that it’s impolite to talk about some of them.

Population density will probably temper this considerably but huge areas could see big problems due to simple instances like that 2 clusters that resulted from infecting 2 funeral gatherings in Georgia.

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Oh, cute.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
they don't even try to hide their bias anymore...check out the author

he did everything but say flat-out, "if you support Trump, you're gonna DIE!!!"

Well, he's not wrong.

If one of the biggest indicators of death from COVID is diabetes and BMI, then the south is going to have a big problem.

No, he's wrong.

Right now the biggest indicator of dying from C-19 is being a democrat, living cheek by jowl in a dense urban setting.

Fat, hypertensive diabetic Trump supporters who doesn't live cheek by jowl like urban democrats is a heck of a lot less likely to be infected.

Oh, cute.

Maybe, but true.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ha...

The author is a progressive.
Progressives believe all men are sexists.
All White's are racist.
A man can have a vagina and a woman can have a penis.
The same person who believes this believes Southerner's will die disproportionately from the CCP flu.

Shame on all of you for taking this moron seriously...
View Quote

Anything goes when you're scratching the itch of self-superiority.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://wallethub.com/edu/fattest-states/16585/

Tennessee is the 4th fattest State in the Union. Mississippi is 1st place. The top eight states are all considered "Southern".
View Quote
Yea I have to agree their are lots of fat asses in NC.

I never realized it until we lived in Ft Walton beach FL, very few fat people, but lots of fucked up teeth, especially in crest view.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Remember: It was The Southern Diabeetus Caucus that got Trump elected.

Without us, US.GOV is Deep Blue for eternity.
View Quote

No one is hoping that the South gets burned through.  We're just saying that the premise of the article, South is going to take a hit because of the prevalence of comorbidities, is not flawed.  The South's saving grace will be population density, but that's nothing to pin your hopes on, because it's just going to take longer to rack up.

NYC is going to burn hard and fast, and then be mostly done with it.

It's going to be like flu bro policy versus doomer policy in real life.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Another instance of, "I'm better than you, so im going to point it out and tell you how you should live more like me" smug bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My suggestion is, old folks need to take self isolation very seriously. I'm taking care of the older folks in my life because I recognize they are at a greater risk from this virus. I'm supplying them with everything they need so they can stay safe at home. As far as being fat, well...try doing the hard work of not being fat. It's tough, but I manage to do it. Don't eat everything that can't run away from you and exercise. It works.

It's also good for your health not to be so easily angered.

Another instance of, "I'm better than you, so im going to point it out and tell you how you should live more like me" smug bullshit.

You guys need to go get a room and release that built up frustration
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#9]
FPNI
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Law of economics.
View Quote

There isn't anyone dreaming of moving to NJ.  The same can be said about KS and thank god.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#11]
"Our constitution was made only for a moral, religious and athletic people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
- John Adams
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.cdc.gov/dhdsp/maps/gisx/mapgallery/maps/images/diagnosed_diabetes.jpg

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lib.utexas.edu%2Fmaps%2Funited_states%2F1990census_black.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Yeah, because there aren’t any fat white people in the south... Paula Deen and Honey Boo Boo are just anomalies.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No one is hoping that the South gets burned through.  We're just saying that the premise of the article, South is going to take a hit because of the prevalence of comorbidities, is not flawed.  The South's saving grace will be population density, but that's nothing to pin your hopes on, because it's just going to take longer to rack up.

View Quote

Since viral load seems to be significant with regard to outcome, I'm wondering if the dense urban settings will see higher death rate normed for obesity, diabetes, other comorbidities, since it seems that the viral load would be higher in most urban cases than in rural cases.

Also, I'm thinking (hoping) that the science and manufacturing proceeds fast enough that treatment/inoculation/prevention catches up before this crap spreads throughout rural America, where resources are least.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There isn't anyone dreaming of moving to NJ.  The same can be said about KS and thank god.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Law of economics.

As I mentioned earlier, it isn't economics, its the weather.

Mild weather is easier on the oldsters, and I'm sure both of you have seen an oldster wearing a winter coat in 70* weather.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Law of economics.

Most people leave NJ cause of economics.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Didn’t read whole thread or article.

Wait until asshole from The Atlantic figures out that a large percentage of those overweight diabetics Who are going to die from beer flumonia  are African American or Hispanic and, by convention, not typically republican voters
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll take my chances in the mostly rural south over Yankeeville USA any day. If shit gets really bad and this drags on...collapsing the economy, at least southerners have the skills, knowledge and climate to grow their own food.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Here is to hoping it's a bit overblown.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, because there aren’t any fat white people in the south... Paula Deen and Honey Boo Boo are just anomalies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.cdc.gov/dhdsp/maps/gisx/mapgallery/maps/images/diagnosed_diabetes.jpg

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lib.utexas.edu%2Fmaps%2Funited_states%2F1990census_black.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Hell, we're all fat down here.

But the demographics, welfare status and voting trends of the cities in the south are not so different than the same in northern cities, despite what the leftist author contends.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sure the lovely attractions of Camden, Trenton, Patterson, and Newark have nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm sure the lovely attractions of Camden, Trenton, Patterson, and Newark have nothing to do with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignorance.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And going to the Walmarts with 8 family members across three generations to hug and gossip with 9 other family groups of similar size is what kills people. Then the ignorance breeds panic that ends in people driving down to the testing center just "to see if I gots the Coronas" and clogging it up while normal preventative care appointments for obese people with multiple comorbidities are canceled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Modern medicine developed and unleashed this virus on the world.

And going to the Walmarts with 8 family members across three generations to hug and gossip with 9 other family groups of similar size is what kills people. Then the ignorance breeds panic that ends in people driving down to the testing center just "to see if I gots the Coronas" and clogging it up while normal preventative care appointments for obese people with multiple comorbidities are canceled.

Glad to see at least we are consistent in our behaviors across the south.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ignorance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignorance.

You need to travel some more. There are some great places in NJ, but the ones listed are dirty and depressing.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes, because fat poor people are ONLY located in the South.  Literally every other region of the country is full of perfectly fit, healthy and godless people.
View Quote

I lived in New Pork and Fatasschusetts, mythology is what it is...
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok, this thread needs another image of a hot southern woman.............

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ignorance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignorance.

It abounds in this thread.....
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Sprite, Dayquil and Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Cheerwine, brah.
View Quote

Nope. We are saving that for the BBQ afterwards.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You need to travel some more. There are some great places in NJ, but the ones listed are dirty and depressing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignorance.

Travel more?  

Lol

The people leaving NJ that can afford to do so aren't from those areas to begin with.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#31]
I think we will find that americans are going to get a wake up call as to what being healthy means as this disease progresses.
Most of us are are overweight (including skinny fat) diabetic (including pre diabetic) and  with some heart disease and lung damage.
The Standard American Diet or SAD is absolute garbage and smoking anything is stupid.

But several of these studies are based on miles driven to suggest social distancing and these regions are more spread out and grocery stores are far apart.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The people leaving NJ that can afford to do so aren't from those areas to begin with.
View Quote

And that's why NJ has an exit tax.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't care how much y'all look down on us or talk about us or what you think of us, but please just stay your know it all asses up there in your own white trash ass states.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ok, this thread needs another image of a hot southern woman.............

https://www.urbasm.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Sexy-busty-country-girl.jpg
View Quote

Hot yes but the over filled balloon fits are
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are literally great places in every state. Jersey has a disproportionate number of shitty places for such a geographically small State.

Add in the irreversible Deep Blue political landscape and anyone would be in denial for defending such a shithole.

This is coming from a former NYC resident. Worked at 24 Exchange place for 20 years.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The largest group of fat poor people in the country that often rely on superstition instead of modern medicine are going to be hit hard by a virus? I'm shocked.

Talk about hate....
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I live here. These morons are going to die by the bushel and it is going to be their own fault.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bless your heart.

I live here. These morons are going to die by the bushel and it is going to be their own fault.

You are free to GTFO.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You are free to GTFO.
View Quote

Is he wrong?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Is he wrong?
View Quote

Most of the people telling me to go are in NC or SC. Not even in the deep south mentioned in the article.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Hot yes but the over filled balloon fits are
View Quote

And now it's a coming out thread!
This thread really DOES have it all !
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Nope. We are saving that for the BBQ afterwards.
View Quote

Word

Cheerwine, vinegar based BBQ pig, red cap Blenheim will protect from pretty much anything.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignorance.

I've lived all over.  New Jersey is quite possibly the nicest place I've lived
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#43]

And still seem to be doing better than NY.

Once again it’s much ado about population density. Our neighboring county(Charlton) has no hospital, our very first case was transported into our county(Camden) from there. Charlton County has a population of 12K, not cost effective for a hospital to operate there; also a large swath of it is the Okefenokee Swamp.

Density,  Charlton County=16.4 per square; Brooklyn, NY=36,742 per square
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Since viral load seems to be significant with regard to outcome, I'm wondering if the dense urban settings will see higher death rate normed for obesity, diabetes, other comorbidities, since it seems that the viral load would be higher in most urban cases than in rural cases.

Also, I'm thinking (hoping) that the science and manufacturing proceeds fast enough that treatment/inoculation/prevention catches up before this crap spreads throughout rural America, where resources are least.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be a blessing.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yes, because fat poor people are ONLY located in the South.  Literally every other region of the country is full of perfectly fit, healthy and godless people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The largest group of fat poor people in the country that often rely on superstition instead of modern medicine are going to be hit hard by a virus? I'm shocked.

Its a harsh statement, but hes not wrong.  I grew up in the south.  Ive lived in the midwest, west coast, and the south (twice actually).  There is a huge difference in cultures and obesity rates.  My wifes from the midwest, and when we moved to the south she was amazed by it.  The obesity part really isnt even debatable.  By any numerical metric that you use, the south has more obesity, by far.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:56:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Law of economics.

Exactly.  It’s like CA and NY to some degree.  If you have a nice high paying job in pharma or fianance no problem.  If you are a blue collar schlub it’s a bit harder but doable.

The problem is the ever tightening rules to protect things that cost the middle their ability to move up and also aid in protecting the bottom classes.  

I left.  Wasn’t really from there but even in the late 1990s the pattern was there.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Plus all the old people Yankees in Florida.
View Quote

Fixed!
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Exactly.  It’s like CA and NY to some degree.  If you have a nice high paying job in pharma or fianance no problem.  If you are a blue collar schlub it’s a bit harder but doable.

The problem is the ever tightening rules to protect things that cost the middle their ability to move up and also aid in protecting the bottom classes.  

I left.  Wasn’t really from there but even in the late 1990s the pattern was there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Law of economics.

And you're correct,  the middle class is getting squeezed, hard.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#49]
This thread is going about as I expected it would go. Growing up it was always Yankees this and we need federal programs that and nobody ever had the courage to stand up and say that the reason Mississippi was the worst in the nation was directly the outcome of poor life choices made by Mississippians.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:10:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Tennessee is number 4 in the nation of fatties.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bullshit.  There's lots of fat people everywhere.   And besides that the south has some of the best healthcare in the world.  At least Tennessee does.
Tennessee is number 4 in the nation of fatties.

Can confirm.  We had to add seatbelt extenders and order special forklift seats for our warehouses in the Memphis area.  God bless those folks.  They were a friendly bunch, but man, they were HUGE!
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top