BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sprite, Dayquil and Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup.
View Quote
Can I interest you in a blanket?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think we will find that americans are going to get a wake up call as to what being healthy means as this disease progresses.
Most of us are are overweight (including skinny fat) diabetic (including pre diabetic) and  with some heart disease and lung damage.
The Standard American Diet or SAD is absolute garbage and smoking anything is stupid.

But several of these studies are based on miles driven to suggest social distancing and these regions are more spread out and grocery stores are far apart.
View Quote
I've been a cardio bro for a while. I like my chances if I've got to take them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah, because there aren’t any fat white people in the south... Paula Deen and Honey Boo Boo are just anomalies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These maps are most fun when you pull up say this and also ones with racial demographics,welfare recipients and voting trends.
 There are overall trends that are too much to ignore...except that it’s impolite to talk about some of them.

Population density will probably temper this considerably but huge areas could see big problems due to simple instances like that 2 clusters that resulted from infecting 2 funeral gatherings in Georgia.

https://www.cdc.gov/dhdsp/maps/gisx/mapgallery/maps/images/diagnosed_diabetes.jpg

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lib.utexas.edu%2Fmaps%2Funited_states%2F1990census_black.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Yeah, because there aren’t any fat white people in the south... Paula Deen and Honey Boo Boo are just anomalies.

I never made that comparison, that map directly contradicts that in some areas, in others not so much.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Still better than having coumomomo as governor
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gotta get me a coon dick and make some medicine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

As I mentioned earlier, it isn't economics, its the weather.

Mild weather is easier on the oldsters, and I'm sure both of you have seen an oldster wearing a winter coat in 70* weather.
View Quote
My wife ain't all that old and she regularly wears a winter coat in 70* weather.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I was going to say Flordy  and the whole Gulf Coast is about half full of blue hairs with NY accents.  
View Quote

Nope. SW Floridians are cowering in their condos. AND...They’re only too willing to rat you out when you stand too close talking to someone.

TC
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think we will find that americans are going to get a wake up call as to what being healthy means as this disease progresses.
Most of us are are overweight (including skinny fat) diabetic (including pre diabetic) and  with some heart disease and lung damage.
The Standard American Diet or SAD is absolute garbage and smoking anything is stupid.

But several of these studies are based on miles driven to suggest social distancing and these regions are more spread out and grocery stores are far apart.
View Quote
'Pre-diabetic' likely applies to everyone.  I had one Dr. who freaked out about how I was pre-diabetic and attempted to get me onto his gluten-free-vegan diet.  Next Dr. didn't even mention me being pre-diabetic.  So it is either an 'everyone has it' so it gets mentioned when the doc thinks you need to change or only brought up to try to scare people into behavior change that the doc thinks is important.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I’ll make you a deal. I promise never to go to New Yawk or even north of the Mason-Dixon if you encourage all of your fellow Yankees to carry their (mostly) leftist asses back to their much more sophisticated home towns.
View Quote

But what would FL and NC people do without them constantly telling them how to live?

TC
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Can confirm.  We had to add seatbelt extenders and order special forklift seats for our warehouses in the Memphis area.  God bless those folks.  They were a friendly bunch, but man, they were HUGE!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bullshit.  There's lots of fat people everywhere.   And besides that the south has some of the best healthcare in the world.  At least Tennessee does.
Tennessee is number 4 in the nation of fatties.

Can confirm.  We had to add seatbelt extenders and order special forklift seats for our warehouses in the Memphis area.  God bless those folks.  They were a friendly bunch, but man, they were HUGE!

Not saying you are wrong, but living in the Clarksville area I didn't notice any more fatties as compared to anywhere else I have been.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I never made that comparison, that map directly contradicts that in some areas, in others not so much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

These maps are most fun when you pull up say this and also ones with racial demographics,welfare recipients and voting trends.
 There are overall trends that are too much to ignore...except that it's impolite to talk about some of them.

Population density will probably temper this considerably but huge areas could see big problems due to simple instances like that 2 clusters that resulted from infecting 2 funeral gatherings in Georgia.

https://www.cdc.gov/dhdsp/maps/gisx/mapgallery/maps/images/diagnosed_diabetes.jpg

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lib.utexas.edu%2Fmaps%2Funited_states%2F1990census_black.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Yeah, because there aren't any fat white people in the south... Paula Deen and Honey Boo Boo are just anomalies.

The map specifically says 'diagnosed' cases.  I would bet that there are a lot of undiagnosed cases elsewhere, since it is specifically mentioned.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Most of whom got old and fat up North then dragged their unhealthy carcasses to The Villages, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The largest group of fat poor people in the country that often rely on superstition instead of modern medicine are going to be hit hard by a virus? I'm shocked.

Plus all the old people in Florida.

Most of whom got old and fat up North then dragged their unhealthy carcasses to The Villages, etc.

Yep and vote Democrap. Who needs them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Fatties are already self isolated, it’s the skinny hipsters out spreading it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, the obesity epidemic in the south is effecting all races. Some are being effected worse than others.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes, the obesity epidemic in the south is effecting all races. Some are being effected worse than others.
View Quote

Yep. Black people may be more fat statistically, but there are more fat white people by number.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The largest group of fat poor people in the country that often rely on superstition instead of modern medicine are going to be hit hard by a virus? I'm shocked.
View Quote

What blue state do you live in?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
'Pre-diabetic' likely applies to everyone.  I had one Dr. who freaked out about how I was pre-diabetic and attempted to get me onto his gluten-free-vegan diet.  Next Dr. didn't even mention me being pre-diabetic.  So it is either an 'everyone has it' so it gets mentioned when the doc thinks you need to change or only brought up to try to scare people into behavior change that the doc thinks is important.
View Quote

It applies to most people drinking sodas and eating potato chips daily.
Probably 60% of the population.
Most Drs just don't care enough about you to GAF if you want to kill yourself with garbage foods.
Job pays the same and is easier to tell you what makes you happy and give you a magic pill.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, cant refute his statement, so attack where he lives. I see the education dollars are well utilized down there.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I live here. These morons are going to die by the bushel and it is going to be their own fault.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bless your heart.

I live here. These morons are going to die by the bushel and it is going to be their own fault.

Where is "here"? The USA?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bless your heart.

I took that to mean "the south", but I'm functionally retarded.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I’m good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus all the old people in Florida.

I’m good.

Me too. I'm under 65, not overweight. don't smoke and don't have diabetes or emphysema.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#24]

One observation….

With the exception of Alaska, more pleasant weather systems in summer seem to have a link.....    People get out and exercise more when it not 100 degrees and humid.

Flatlands with heat don't seem to bode well, look at the mountains of Virginia, vs. the swamp area...

Also, looking at that map it's hard not to consider race as a factor....

I can't explain the upper part of Maine.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
IDK what to tell you guys.....demographics are facts, not some made up yankee carpet bagger conspiracy.  Obesity _seems_ a likely proxy for potential bad outcomes with this.  

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gPGXNJ2iofA/UR7bYd75VoI/AAAAAAAABVo/ozruFe4D6Ks/s1600/obesity_by_county_large.png

ETA:  for the record my personal theory is this pounds the shit out of high density urban areas, and not so much the less dense ones, but I'm a lawyer not an epidemiologist.
View Quote

Again.....    How many blacks live in those deep red areas?

My point is that these numbers do not indicate what many here assume...

A lot of you boys up north assume that we are talking about hard working people who hunt, fish, and occasionally enjoy an ice tea...

I think many of those numbers represent people who don't work.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yes, because fat poor people are ONLY located in the South.  Literally every other region of the country is full of perfectly fit, healthy and godless people.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
they don't even try to hide their bias anymore...check out the author

he did everything but say flat-out, "if you support Trump, you're gonna DIE!!!"
View Quote

I'd be willing to bet that the obesity and 'betus rate in the south is disproportionate among NON-trump supporters.

Yet another doomer drawing conclusions while missing critical data.

That's all I'll say lest someone call me racist.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

One observation….

With the exception of Alaska, more pleasant weather systems in summer seem to have a link.....    People get out and exercise more when it not 100 degrees and humid.

Flatlands with heat don't seem to bode well, look at the mountains of Virginia, vs. the swamp area...

Also, looking at that map it's hard not to consider race as a factor....

I can't explain the upper part of Maine.
View Quote

The Alaska areas are mostly due to the native population. Super high rates of obesity, diabetes, and smoking. Same goes for North and South Dakota, Montana, etc.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LULz
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not saying you are wrong, but living in the Clarksville area I didn't notice any more fatties as compared to anywhere else I have been.
View Quote
Clarksville here too. Agree.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

LULz
View Quote

Everyone knows that Yankees are the only people that can look a statistics and public health data and draw conclusions.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#32]
So this is a race between fat out of shape people vs. fat out of shape subway riding people who live 2 million per square mile.

The ending practically writes itself.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Most of the people telling me to go are in NC or SC. Not even in the deep south mentioned in the article.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is he wrong?

Most of the people telling me to go are in NC or SC. Not even in the deep south mentioned in the article.

Folks from NC are Yankees. It’s in the name. “North”.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#34]
He's just another stupid Liberal that thinks that he knows statistics when he doesn't.  He over counts the deaths in those 4 States ignoring the fact that those 4 States are 6.7% of the entire USA population.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
He's just another stupid Liberal that thinks that he knows statistics when he doesn't.  He over counts the deaths in those 4 States ignoring the fact that those 4 States are 6.7% of the entire USA population.
View Quote

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics..."
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
IDK what to tell you guys.....demographics are facts, not some made up yankee carpet bagger conspiracy.  Obesity _seems_ a likely proxy for potential bad outcomes with this.  

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gPGXNJ2iofA/UR7bYd75VoI/AAAAAAAABVo/ozruFe4D6Ks/s1600/obesity_by_county_large.png

ETA:  for the record my personal theory is this pounds the shit out of high density urban areas, and not so much the less dense ones, but I'm a lawyer not an epidemiologist.
View Quote

Well, let's quarantine all fat people. For the safety of others, of course.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Three cases in my parish ( County).  All in the same area near Mississippi.  None in my town of about 5000, none in the next town of about 15000.  It is business as usual here, only the schools and bars are closed.  Drive through daquari shops are booming and Home Depot, Lowes and Walmart are packed.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#38]

I did... and turned my retirement into better income than I made when in the south.. thats if Texas is " south" to you.. personally texas is texas. only state that doesnt need a fucking side.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#39]
NY lol  I only see such healthy, beautiful, slim people from NY down here.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clarksville is a college and military town. College kids haven't had time to get too fat yet (on average) and service members are paid not to get too fat.

Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#41]

The NE corner of AZ is reservation.

The white man's diet is not good for the native people.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Teaspoon of whiskey and a Moon Pie, got all I need to beat the China syndrome
View Quote

Bravo
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL, fat people are literally all over America these days, it's not just the south.

What the South does have is the most beautiful women, no snow, a massive reduction in shithole cities, and by in large red politics.

The South is where its at unless you like to hibernate, and bang homely chicks
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Virus Be Damned!  I want this and a sweet tea!  
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Overlay the obesity map with Golden Corral locations. They know their customers.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

LOL, fat people are literally all over America these days, it's not just the south.

What the South does have is the most beautiful women, no snow, a massive reduction in shithole cities, and by in large red politics.

The South is where its at unless you like to hibernate, and bang homely chicks
View Quote

According to the obesity map, Alabama comes in second after Mississippi in terms of fatness. Therefore, the womenz are among the fattest in the nation.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Really bad news for the racist POS that wrote this garbage.
https://www.propublica.org/article/early-data-shows-african-americans-have-contracted-and-died-of-coronavirus-at-an-alarming-rate
As of Friday morning, African Americans made up almost half of Milwaukee County's 945 cases and 81% of its 27 deaths in a county whose population is 26% black. Milwaukee is one of the few places in the United States that is tracking the racial breakdown of people who have been infected by the novel coronavirus, offering a glimpse at the disproportionate destruction it is inflicting on black communities nationwide.
View Quote
In Michigan, where the state's population is 14% black, African Americans made up 35% of cases and 40% of deaths as of Friday morning.
View Quote
Louisiana has not published case breakdowns by race, but 40% of the state's deaths have happened in Orleans Parish, where the majority of residents are black.
View Quote

Illinois and North Carolina are two of the few areas publishing statistics on COVID-19 cases by race, and their data shows a disproportionate number of African Americans were infected.
View Quote
They're already trying to spin this as racism due to inequalities in medical care for black people.  We're going ot be hearing more than AOC's stupid ass spouting off about corona reparations.  Several congress critters are demanding that the CDC start releasing race figures. So we're going to have shit bag leftist with people in their own communities doing the majority of the dying and they're going to be blaming everyone except themselves, brace yourselves it's coming. As if a doctor could stop you from stuffing your face with trash.

The real root of the problem isn't going to be attacked because the food industry pays for the congress critters, just look at the shit in the grocery stores.  Fat is evil, carbs are good, and insulin resistant people and diabetics are being wiped out.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

According to the obesity map, Alabama comes in second after Mississippi in terms of fatness. Therefore, the womenz are among the fattest in the nation.
View Quote
You may want to look at the maps with their racial breakdowns, it's spooky, and the north isn't looking so hot.
https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/prevalence-maps.html#nonhispanic-black-adults
https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/prevalence-maps.html#hispanic-adults
https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/prevalence-maps.html#nonhispanic-white-adults
Notice the deep red goes away on the white map, and Alabama is now only 5% higher than FL
The worst part of simply looking at obesity is that it completely ignores all the skinny people who also have underlying medical problems that they aren't being treated for.  Diabetes and hypertension aren't just for fat people now.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top