View Quote

By whose design?
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I dispute that there will always be world police. A scenario where no entity is strong enough to do more than patrol their borders is imaginable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like it or not, we are. And frankly, thank God for it. We've got the immense peace and prosperity of the post WW2 years to show for it.

Nature abhors a vacuum and someone will be the "world police".

So, your choice: us or the Russia/China Axis.

I dispute that there will always be world police. A scenario where no entity is strong enough to do more than patrol their borders is imaginable.

While that is a fun thing to dream about and imagine,

When in even semi modern history has that ever been the case or possible?
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
That would never be sustainable, because expansionist dictators have always existed, do exist today, and will in the future.

The only imaginable scenario I see "no entity is strong enough to do more than patrol their borders" is a one world gov, but then they are the defacto world police.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That would never be sustainable, because expansionist dictators have always existed, do exist today, and will in the future.

The only imaginable scenario I see "no entity is strong enough to do more than patrol their borders" is a one world gov, but then they are the defacto world police.  
View Quote

Tyranny is a more stable and more common outcome than democracy or republicanism historically.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Purse swinging aside, do we have an accurate AAR yet?
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who is this person who asked a relevant question on page 6?  Behead him immediately!
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.
And probably won't get one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's probably a communication discrepancy.  You're accustomed to an environment where calling someone an asshole is a big deal.  I'm accustomed to an environment where I probably dialed down my first three responses because I've learned through experience that "cousin-fucking moron" doesn't carry over well on text absent the contextual clues that indicate when it's meant lovingly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just not clear on how I was being an asshole for having a reasoned discourse with someone I thought I largely agreed with. People are way too emotional about this stuff across the board. Like the clay holster dude who was the first to publicly "click" me for disagreeing on this topic (only). That, for not being conservative enough, when now his take on it is perfectly inline with the lib squad.

"The risk of nuclear weapons being used has been estimated to be higher now than at any timesince the height of the Cold War. Given the catastrophic possibilities of nuclear escalation and
miscalculation, which only increase the longer this war continues, we agree with your goal of
avoiding direct military conflict as an overriding national-security priority.
Given the destruction created by this war for Ukraine and the world, as well as the risk of
catastrophic escalation, we also believe it is in the interests of Ukraine, the United States, and the
world to avoid a prolonged conflict. For this reason, we urge you to pair the military and
economic support the United States has provided to Ukraine with a proactive diplomatic push,
redoubling efforts to seek a realistic framework for a ceasefire. This is consistent with your
recognition that "there's going to have to be a negotiated settlement here," and
your concern that Vladimir Putin "doesn't have a way out right now, and I'm trying to figure out
what we do about that."" ...

"Sincerely,
Pramila Jayapal
Chair
Earl Blumenauer
Member of Congress
Cori Bush
Member of Congress

It's probably a communication discrepancy.  You're accustomed to an environment where calling someone an asshole is a big deal.  I'm accustomed to an environment where I probably dialed down my first three responses because I've learned through experience that "cousin-fucking moron" doesn't carry over well on text absent the contextual clues that indicate when it's meant lovingly.

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think that's wrong.  There may not be a negotiated settlement in this, and the time to negotiate a settlement probably isn't when Ukraine is pushing in russia's shit.     russia shouldn't be allowed to keep property they're stolen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just not clear on how I was being an asshole for having a reasoned discourse with someone I thought I largely agreed with. People are way too emotional about this stuff across the board. Like the clay holster dude who was the first to publicly "click" me for disagreeing on this topic (only). That, for not being conservative enough, when now his take on it is perfectly inline with the lib squad.

"The risk of nuclear weapons being used has been estimated to be higher now than at any timesince the height of the Cold War. Given the catastrophic possibilities of nuclear escalation and
miscalculation, which only increase the longer this war continues, we agree with your goal of
avoiding direct military conflict as an overriding national-security priority.
Given the destruction created by this war for Ukraine and the world, as well as the risk of
catastrophic escalation, we also believe it is in the interests of Ukraine, the United States, and the
world to avoid a prolonged conflict. For this reason, we urge you to pair the military and
economic support the United States has provided to Ukraine with a proactive diplomatic push,
redoubling efforts to seek a realistic framework for a ceasefire. This is consistent with your
recognition that "there's going to have to be a negotiated settlement here," and
your concern that Vladimir Putin "doesn't have a way out right now, and I'm trying to figure out
what we do about that."" ...

"Sincerely,
Pramila Jayapal
Chair
Earl Blumenauer
Member of Congress
Cori Bush
Member of Congress

I think that's wrong.  There may not be a negotiated settlement in this, and the time to negotiate a settlement probably isn't when Ukraine is pushing in russia's shit.     russia shouldn't be allowed to keep property they're stolen.
Yah, right? And even if it wasn't wrong for us, it sure as fuck is wrong for UA. I'm a huge fan of pushing russia's shit in until it comes out their mouths.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#12]
We can read lic plates from outer space  but no one can say if a ship was hit or not.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We can read lic plates from outer space  but no one can say if a ship was hit or not.
View Quote

But in our defense, the standard Russian license plate is required to be eight feet tall.

Cite: I made it up.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Tyranny is a more stable and more common outcome than democracy or republicanism historically.
View Quote

The animated contest of freedom. FWIW, an oligarchy of any kind will have a better looking government than we ever have. That's because the government controls everything. In a free country, the government doesn't control anything except maybe international trade and national defense.

The balkanization of the several states shall see to it presently.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Excellent.

Every piece of hardware the Russians lose reduces their threat and allows the U.S. to reallocate more of its conventional forces to the Pacific to counter China.

We still need to be pushing the Germans to live up to their commitment to expand their military. If the Germans could increase/modernizer their military that combined with Finland, Poland, and the UK I think we could finally at least for a time leave European security up to the damn Europeans.

Asia needs to be westernized and under U.S. influence more heavily.  The bulk of our military and foreign policy focus needs to be on China. We allow traitors to feed our enemy the CCP until now they are a big beast that has to be addressed.

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Who/how would you resolve international trade disputes, piracy and other transnational issues?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like it or not, we are. And frankly, thank God for it. We've got the immense peace and prosperity of the post WW2 years to show for it.

Nature abhors a vacuum and someone will be the "world police".

So, your choice: us or the Russia/China Axis.

Who/how would you resolve international trade disputes, piracy and other transnational issues?

There won't be such things in this scenario, so no resolution needed.

We're talking carrington event, nuclear war, a real pandemic, an asteroid, etc. But at least america won't be the world police and there won't be any cops and everyone (who survived) will be free.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

While that is a fun thing to dream about and imagine,

When in even semi modern history has that ever been the case or possible?
View Quote

It's not only possible, it's inevitable. Because sooner or later something will break and this insane population bubble will return to agrarian.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Basically a "suicide drone" is a radio guided gravity bomb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The germans sunk the Roma with a Fritz X, which was a radio guided gravity bomb, not a powered drone.

No - it is a very different thing.  Clue is in the word "gravity".
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The germans sunk the Roma with a Fritz X, which was a radio guided gravity bomb, not a powered drone.

Gravity affects them both equally.

Maybe “gravity bombs” should be “non lift-producing bombs”.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I’d tell you a joke about Kharkiv and Kyiv, but you’d never get it.

View Quote

Bakhmut
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#23]
If the Russians are no longer a counterbalance to the godless commie Chinese, what good are they?
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If the Russians are no longer a counterbalance to the godless commie Chinese, what good are they?
View Quote

Theyre allied with them
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#25]

He should dress like that when they force Putin to sign the peace treaty
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Putin getting whooped by a faggot would be funny.

Hopefully Zelensky’s POS liberal ass is ousted somehow before that though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Better yet,

Z-man should force Putin to wear that outfit to the Surrender Ceremony.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 2:36:36 AM EDT
[#28]
REALWAR posted this Video in another thread that is some pretty damn good action footage!

Thanks REALWAR!!    @RealWar

Footage appears to show drone boat attack on Russian ships in Crimea

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 2:51:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

By whose design?
View Quote

Use your detective skills and think about it for a minute. There are folks that intentionally derail threads that don’t fit into their social engineering efforts.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Any real confirmation the Admiral Makarov damaged and sunk?
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Didn’t sink.  Damaged
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any real confirmation the Admiral Makarov damaged and sunk?

Didn’t sink.  Damaged

reading comprehension is not a strong suit in GD.

"real confirmation" implies verifiable.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:42:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not just lift.  Better terms woudl be "unguided ballistic" verses "guided ballistic" verses "automotive".
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not just lift.  Better terms woudl be "unguided ballistic" verses "guided ballistic" verses "automotive".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ballistic weapons are solely influenced by gravity, physics and the atmosphere after being fired/launched/released, while guided weapons have post launching/firing/releasing input to their course.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:56:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I certainly hope that the war is over long before his current term ends in 2024.

How do you want him to be ousted before that?
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#36]
APC pulled from storage now used by Russian forces in Ukraine ...

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just being snarky and pedantic.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I was just being snarky and pedantic.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2022 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Excellent.

Every piece of hardware the Russians lose reduces their threat and allows the U.S. to reallocate more of its conventional forces to the Pacific to counter China.

We still need to be pushing the Germans to live up to their commitment to expand their military. If the Germans could increase/modernizer their military that combined with Finland, Poland, and the UK I think we could finally at least for a time leave European security up to the damn Europeans.

Asia needs to be westernized and under U.S. influence more heavily.  The bulk of our military and foreign policy focus needs to be on China. We allow traitors to feed our enemy the CCP until now they are a big beast that has to be addressed.

View Quote

And South America will rise and conquer. ??
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Oh good. I wonder how much of my tax money was used to buy the worthless Urks their fun little drone boats.

I hope Russia nukes the whole slaggin worthless country, and then gets globally rejected and starves. Fuck Ukraine and Russia…

View Quote

This is a great example of people I though were among “the good guys” who turned out to not to be good at all.  It’s been a real wakeup call.  So many here are just as narcissistic and hateful as Pelosi, Biden or any of the worst democrats.   Two sides of the same coin.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is a great example of people I though were among “the good guys” who turned out to not to be good at all.   This topic has been a real wakeup call.  There are so many here just as narcissistic and hateful as Pelosi, Biden or any of the worst democrats.   Two sides of the same coin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh good. I wonder how much of my tax money was used to buy the worthless Urks their fun little drone boats.

I hope Russia nukes the whole slaggin worthless country, and then gets globally rejected and starves. Fuck Ukraine and Russia…

This is a great example of people I though were among “the good guys” who turned out to not to be good at all.   This topic has been a real wakeup call.  There are so many here just as narcissistic and hateful as Pelosi, Biden or any of the worst democrats.   Two sides of the same coin.

It's been insanely eye opening.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I certainly hope that the war is over long before his current term ends in 2024.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use your imagination.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Use your imagination.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use your imagination.

Use your words if you feel so strongly.

I for one don't wish a democratically elected president to be removed by unlawful means because you have an emotional response to him.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I for one don't wish a democratically elected president to be removed by unlawful means because you have an emotional response to him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use your imagination.

Putin was elected also.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are victims of Ideological Subversion, but that doesn’t excuse them, any more than the victims of Nazi propaganda can be excused for their respective crimes.   Each person is responsible for maintaining a value system.  A clear understanding of Right and Wrong. Based on Reason, Critical Thinking and Morality.    It’s independent of culture and religion.  
It’s something we all have to hold sacred.
And it’s Entirely Independent of the actions of your enemies.  

KGB defector Yuri Bezmenov's warning to America
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This is a great example of people I though were among “the good guys” who turned out to not to be good at all.  It’s been a real wakeup call.  So many here are just as narcissistic and hateful as Pelosi, Biden or any of the worst democrats.   Two sides of the same coin.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

In many more ways than many people know.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Putin was elected also.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/laugh-29.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use your imagination.

Putin was elected also.

I can't say that Putin being removed through a coup or other extralegal means would be good either.

That said, comparing Russian elections to Ukraine's where election observers had mostly positive things to say (questionable use of office by Poroshenko being noteworthy exceptions) is more than a little disingenuous.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I can't say that Putin being removed through a coup or other extralegal means would be good either.

That said, comparing Russian elections to Ukraine's where election observers had mostly positive things to say (questionable use of office by Poroshenko being noteworthy exceptions) is more than a little disingenuous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use your imagination.

Putin was elected also.

Who should we compare them to then, our elections?

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top