Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Agreed; but at the end of the day, life ain't fair.  You play the hand you're dealt as best you can; but you might still end up with squatters in the garage, unfair though it is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any reasonable terms would include massive reparations from Russia for reconstruction and Russia coughing up all stolen ground including Crimea. Russia repeatedly invaded unprovoked.

Negotiations just aren't likely until one side has collapsed.

Nor is it really reasonable. Talks of an agreement and compromise is like if a squatter breaks in and occupies your garage, and the police are telling you to work out a deal so he can stay.

Agreed; but at the end of the day, life ain't fair.  You play the hand you're dealt as best you can; but you might still end up with squatters in the garage, unfair though it is.
Uh, no. I would ensure the squatters are either removed from my property or removed from existence.

However, we're not the world police, and I don't support us wasting our tax dollars on this war. They can deal with the squatters on their own, or someone else closer that will be affected by this bullshit step up to the plate and fund or arm Ukraine.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

1) Ukraine had been getting training, equipment and DOLLARS for 8 years prior to the invasion....so pretty obvious you have no clue on what is going on over there.
Ya, i guess eastern european lives don't count for jack shit...

2) If you paid attention to any of the telegram channels reporting from both sides of the front lines, you'd know they are already there and getting chewed up like a dead horse in a glue factory
View Quote

No

The West wasn't giving much aid at all to Ukraine before the invasion. People in the West thought naively.... dun dun DUUUUN! That Russia was appeased with taking Crimea and not intentions in taking the rest of Ukraine.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
1) Show us evidence that the current Ukraine govt has given kickbacks or bribes to Biden and Obama. Hell show evidence it wasnt Russians working for Russian oil companies working with a Russian backed govt that were paying off slow Joe and his son.
View Quote

You know man, I like where you're going but #1 is not a good place.  Joe Biden, HIMSELF, is on video saying he stopped $1 billion of aid until they came around to his point of view. Now did Hunter get $3.85 million of "consulting payments" from Putin buddies?  He absolutely did.  It's a matter of record.  But Ukraine was right in there kicking up their 10% to the "big guy" too.

The Ukraine, most of Eastern Europe, is a whole different level of corruption from our worst nightmares.  Many Americans either don't comprehend or revel in it,
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

are you illiterate? go to the Ukrainian MOD website and look at the losses Ukraine admits too....staggering!

and a "winning" side is begging poland and US for 70 year old tanks? dude that's Hunters crack pipe delusion
View Quote
Ukraine losses

Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
All the money we're sending and all they could muster is one, single "RC boat with a GoPro" for this attempt.....

No confirmation how badly the ship was actually damaged.

We're being swindled. I want my money back. Sheesh!

View Quote
You do realize they already put the actual flagship on the bottom of the sea quite some time ago right?

RC boats (multiple) with thermal cameras on gimbals, jet ski motors, and packing a 500# bomb penetrated their main port on the black sea. That one may have actually hit their best (remaining) ship at the waterline, would be considered quite an accomplishment by any sane person's standards. What dolphins doing?
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You do realize they already put the actual flagship on the bottom of the sea quite some time ago right?

RC boats (multiple) with thermal cameras on gimbals, jet ski motors, and packing a 500# bomb penetrated their main port on the black sea. That one may have actually hit their best (remaining) ship at the waterline, would be considered quite an accomplishment by any sane person's standards. What dolphins doing?
View Quote

Dolphins were probably caught gutted and eaten by the siberian troops.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

nah...all the ukie cheerleaders used it all up...my order is still "waiting to be shipped..."
View Quote

Are you going to drape a Russian flag over your shoulders and then shoot yourself in the head when Russia loses this?
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Escalating war with a nuclear armed state, one with an incredibly capable intelligence service, is psychotic.  

Something as basic as destroying the US electrical grid for a month…contaminating the water pipeline into NYC…easily done by multiple opponents here and would result in trillions of dollars lost and likely 150k+ dead Americans.  

America is extremely vulnerable.  Our food supply is a joke.  We have less that a month of diesel and most city water systems were built in the 50s.  

Glass houses…rocks.
View Quote

Russia is a country with 4x the population of Texas and less GDP than Texas.  They're in a demographic death spiral that they're accelerating despite kidnapping Ukrainian children.

They have an admirably capable intel service for their size.  Not like Estonia-capable; but professional. Are we not going to pursue our interests with Pakistan, Iran, Israel, India, China, Britain, France, et al?  Those are all nuclear powers with capable intel.  Isn't pretty much the point of intel to engage these threats?

I've never thought much of you; but you're still selling yourself short.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Are you going to drape a Russian flag over your shoulders and then shoot yourself in the head when Russia loses this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nah...all the ukie cheerleaders used it all up...my order is still "waiting to be shipped..."

Lmao
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF? Zelensky puffers are unhinged.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

May I remind you that pages before someone was hoping the entire country would get nuked because the poster doesn't like Biden. I wouldn't pinpoint people being unhinged to one "side" of this, although you will do you.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oh good. I wonder how much of my tax money was used to buy the worthless Urks their fun little drone boats.

I hope Russia nukes the whole slaggin worthless country, and then gets globally rejected and starves. Fuck Ukraine and Russia.

But, I do hope we're at least learning something about the new battlefield with all the hundreds of billions we've spent.
View Quote

Lol, name checks out.....
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And another thread completely derailed.
View Quote
Yep. Why do the mods allow this?
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

May I remind you that pages before someone was hoping the entire country would get nuked because the poster doesn't like Biden. I wouldn't pinpoint people being unhinged to one "side" of this, although you will do you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exception vs. rule.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That'll teach us for not siding with Russia!

I know we didn't vote for Biden, but objective truths are fucking real. If Biden get on TV and say the sky is Blue... it's not okay to say because I didn't vote for him the sky isn't blue, it must be orange.

Russia is the very bad party in all of this. We don't have to fucking support Russia because Biden opposes them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was making a reference to some supporter of the confederacy who did such, albeit with a confederate flag, after the confederacy lost the war.  The (no doubt intentional) similarity of the flag of Novorossiya came to mind.  

Mean, yes, but I have confidence Russia will lose this in the end, and there was already a meltdown in GD by someone supporting it shortly after he got some bad news from the front.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You know man, I like where you're going but #1 is not a good place.  Joe Biden, HIMSELF, is on video saying he stopped $1 billion of aid until they came around to his point of view. Now did Hunter get $3.85 million of "consulting payments" from Putin buddies?  He absolutely did.  It's a matter of record.  But Ukraine was right in there kicking up their 10% to the "big guy" too.

The Ukraine, most of Eastern Europe, is a whole different level of corruption from our worst nightmares.  Many Americans either don't comprehend or revel in it,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1) Show us evidence that the current Ukraine govt has given kickbacks or bribes to Biden and Obama. Hell show evidence it wasnt Russians working for Russian oil companies working with a Russian backed govt that were paying off slow Joe and his son.

Ukraine was run by russians for all intents and purposes at that time. But further, why did Biden need to blackmail them with the billion if they were in with him, and what does any of that have to do with what the country became after they rebelled on the RU puppet government in 2014, much less the current iteration that started in 2019 and is actively prosecuting the RU actors which was the primary source of corruption out as traitors? Regardless, the current government didn't exist in the time of 10% for the big guy, and there is no evidence or any channel to get him 10% or anything back from UA currently. They aren't very good at hiding that stuff BTW. Implying that Zelensky is involved because a predecessor was is no different than assuming Trump was as corrupt as Biden.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

are you illiterate? go to the Ukrainian MOD website and look at the losses Ukraine admits too....staggering!

and a "winning" side is begging poland and US for 70 year old tanks? dude that's Hunters crack pipe delusion
View Quote

I have been there. Not seeing the numbers. Can you please provide a link? I see their damage reports on the Russians. Just not their defense numbers
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It is very Machiavellian to think that we can't live in peace with our global narratives. But while they are banning immoral practices we are forcing our parents to cut off their two year olds junk to meet gender quotas.

So who is really better?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you realize that Alaska belonged to Russia at one time and therefore could be considered to belong to them by Putin? Kicking the can down the road only gets you down the road further and has never fixed a problem. Or to put it a different way, If you run from the enemy you will only die tired.  

It is very Machiavellian to think that we can't live in peace with our global narratives. But while they are banning immoral practices we are forcing our parents to cut off their two year olds junk to meet gender quotas.

So who is really better?

Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:48:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have been there. Not seeing the numbers. Can you please provide a link? I see their damage reports on the Russians. Just not their defense numbers
Thanks
View Quote

If you haven't seen it yet, this is a pretty well documented tally of the losses confirmed so far https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/10/how-is-russia-faring-against-nato.html It's certainly possible that there are additional losses that aren't documented, in fact I'd be shocked if that was a complete list. But just running off of their numbers alone the documented losses are well below anything what you would consider "TOTAL LOSS OF ALL EQUIPMENT" as some have claimed.

On the other side, this is their list of documented Russian losses of equipment: https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html?m=1 Again, I'd assume this isn't comprehensive given their documentation requirements, but on the same hand I would argue that you can't claim these specific numbers are manipulated to be higher than actual given the evidence they use for each case.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not the current government as stated in his point 1. That was two administrations ago…
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If you haven't seen it yet, this is a pretty well documented tally of the losses confirmed so far https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/10/how-is-russia-faring-against-nato.html It's certainly possible that there are additional losses that aren't documented, in fact I'd be shocked if that was a complete list. But just running off of their numbers alone the documented losses are well below anything what you would consider "TOTAL LOSS OF ALL EQUIPMENT" as some have claimed.

On the other side, this is their list of documented Russian losses of equipment: https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html?m=1 Again, I'd assume this isn't comprehensive given their documentation requirements, but on the same hand I would argue that you can't claim these specific numbers are manipulated to be higher than actual given the evidence they use for each case.
View Quote
I don't see a flag ship listed. Did they sink it or not? Or am I in the wrong thread?
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:59:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't see a flag ship listed. Did they sink it or not? Or am I in the wrong thread?
View Quote

The website wouldn't report a loss until there are visual confirmations of the damage, which I'd assume are being held pretty closely by all sides currently.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Frigate at the bottom of this section. UA isn't officially claiming the current one it as it isn't confirmed. There is video ostensibly from the drone boat closing on the waterline then it goes blank. The one at the top certainly was sunk though, and was an even bigger deal.

Naval Ships (13, of which destroyed: 8, damaged: 5) 1 Project 1164 Slava class guided missile cruiser 'Moskva': (1, sunk)
5 Project 03160 Raptor class patrol boat: (1, destroyed by Bayraktar TB2) (2, destroyed by Bayraktar TB2) (3, destroyed) (1, damaged by Bayraktar TB2) (2, damaged)
1 Project 02510 BK-16E high-speed assault boat: (1, destroyed by Bayraktar TB2)
1 Project 1171 Tapir class landing ship 'Saratov (BDK-65)': (1, destroyed)
1 Project 775 Ropucha class landing ship: (1, damaged)
1 Project 11770 Serna class landing craft: (1, destroyed by Bayraktar TB2)
1 Project 22870 SB-739 Vasily Bekh rescue tug: (1, destroyed by Bayraktar TB2 and Harpoon AShM)
1 Project 11356R Admiral Grigorovich-class frigate: (1, damaged)
1 Project 266M Natya-class minesweeper: (1, damaged)

Link Posted: 10/30/2022 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Uh, no. I would ensure the squatters are either removed from my property or removed from existence.

However, we're not the world police, and I don't support us wasting our tax dollars on this war. They can deal with the squatters on their own, or someone else closer that will be affected by this bullshit step up to the plate and fund or arm Ukraine.
View Quote

Shhh. Adults are talking.

Lest people think I'm just being randomly mean, instead of purposefully mean, here are some of the many ways you are fucked up.

1) You have an unrealistic view of your own capabilities AND the legal process.
2) In terms of direct knowledge of equipment and employment, we're winning,  In terms of locals, we're winning.  Etc.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’d tell you a joke about Kharkiv and Kyiv, but you’d never get it.

Link Posted: 10/30/2022 10:14:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yep. Why do the mods allow this?
View Quote

Probably some kind of slavish fascist devotion to free speech, Fuckin' nazis! [
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
btw, that first link is for only for donated equipment that has been damaged/destroyed. They have a separate list for Ukraine's preexisting equipment
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ukraine was run by russians for all intents and purposes at that time. But further, why did Biden need to blackmail them with the billion if they were in with him, and what does any of that have to do with what the country became after they rebelled on the RU puppet government in 2014, much less the current iteration that started in 2019 and is actively prosecuting the RU actors which was the primary source of corruption out as traitors? Regardless, the current government didn't exist in the time of 10% for the big guy, and there is no evidence or any channel to get him 10% or anything back from UA currently. They aren't very good at hiding that stuff BTW. Implying that Zelensky is involved because a predecessor was is no different than assuming Trump was as corrupt as Biden.
View Quote

No, it wasn't. https://www.wsj.com/video/opinion-joe-biden-forced-ukraine-to-fire-prosecutor-for-aid-money/C1C51BB8-3988-4070-869F-CAD3CA0E81D8.html

This doesn't mean it is OK to genocide Ukrainians or do literally anything Russia has done since 2014.  But don't be an asshole and pretend Ukraine is A-OK.  It isn't.  There's a happy medium where you can say "You have a corrupt shitty society; but you get to choose that."  Aside from acknowledging the Russian version of that is 10x worse, which is why Ukrainians are dying to protect that society.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hey! I made that
View Quote

It is pretty accurate
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I was making a reference to some supporter of the confederacy who did such, albeit with a confederate flag, after the confederacy lost the war.  The (no doubt intentional) similarity of the flag of Novorossiya came to mind.  

Mean, yes, but I have confidence Russia will lose this in the end, and there was already a meltdown in GD by someone supporting it shortly after he got some bad news from the front.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The man's name was Edmund Ruffin.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No, it wasn't. https://www.wsj.com/video/opinion-joe-biden-forced-ukraine-to-fire-prosecutor-for-aid-money/C1C51BB8-3988-4070-869F-CAD3CA0E81D8.html

This doesn't mean it is OK to genocide Ukrainians or do literally anything Russia has done since 2014.  But don't be an asshole and pretend Ukraine is A-OK.  It isn't.  There's a happy medium where you can say "You have a corrupt shitty society; but you get to choose that."  Aside from acknowledging the Russian version of that is 10x worse, which is why Ukrainians are dying to protect that society.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that escalated quickly. Not sure why your getting irritable about it. I'm not sure what you're trying to dispute with that link, as everyone knows about it. The time line was that the aid biden was blackmailing them with was being withheld in March of 2016 because they were looking into Burisma. Funny how they were supposed to be in on it with him, but they were going to prosecute his partners. Funny how hunter joined the board in 2014 right when Zlochevsky the RU stooge oligarch came under investigation after the revolution. The fact is that he was an ally of the previous RU stooge president Viktor Yanukovych who had to flee in 2014 with Zlochevsky fleeing shortly thereafter.

I'm not proposing that there are any governments in the world that are without corruption. There is no indication that the people there, who have taken back a significant amount of control of their government by loss of their own blood in protest, were willing to accept a "corrupt shitty society". Your estimation that nothing has changed, especially since the start of the war, is wholly unsupported by all indications.

Also try some decaf.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:14:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Who’s going to send us hundreds of billions of dollars and piles of weapons when we’re directly involved? Oh that’s right, no one. Get outta here with that shit dude, war is bad period.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're worried about the Russians attacking NATO when they're getting their asses kicked just trying to invade their tier 3 neighbor to the west? Sounds like a rad way to lose Kalningrad in a hurry. You think the Germans want it back, or we just give it to the Poles this time?

Who’s going to send us hundreds of billions of dollars and piles of weapons when we’re directly involved? Oh that’s right, no one. Get outta here with that shit dude, war is bad period.

Calm down, you're scaring the women.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:15:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If not supporting Pedo Joe and his slush fund and child sex rings makes me a low IQ person, I'll wear that badge happily.

Keep cheering on your boy and his proxy. Hopefully neither of them fall getting into a plane or get lost on stage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh good. I wonder how much of my tax money was used to buy the worthless Urks their fun little drone boats.

I hope Russia nukes the whole slaggin worthless country, and then gets globally rejected and starves. Fuck Ukraine and Russia.

But, I do hope we're at least learning something about the new battlefield with all the hundreds of billions we've spent.
Yes, we know you're mentally ill and have the IQ of a fly already.  You don't need to continuously remind us.
If not supporting Pedo Joe and his slush fund and child sex rings makes me a low IQ person, I'll wear that badge happily.

Keep cheering on your boy and his proxy. Hopefully neither of them fall getting into a plane or get lost on stage.

"Your boy and his proxy."

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:18:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any reasonable terms would include massive reparations from Russia for reconstruction and Russia coughing up all stolen ground including Crimea. Russia repeatedly invaded unprovoked.

Negotiations just aren't likely until one side has collapsed.

Nor is it really reasonable. Talks of an agreement and compromise is like if a squatter breaks in and occupies your garage, and the police are telling you to work out a deal so he can stay.

Like it or not, we are. And frankly, thank God for it. We've got the immense peace and prosperity of the post WW2 years to show for it.

Nature abhors a vacuum and someone will be the "world police".

So, your choice: us or the Russia/China Axis.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 5:04:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Well, that escalated quickly. Not sure why your getting irritable about it. I'm not sure what you're trying to dispute with that link, as everyone knows about it. The time line was that the aid biden was blackmailing them with was being withheld in March of 2016 because they were looking into Burisma. Funny how they were supposed to be in on it with him, but they were going to prosecute his partners. Funny how hunter joined the board in 2014 right when Zlochevsky the RU stooge oligarch came under investigation after the revolution. The fact is that he was an ally of the previous RU stooge president Viktor Yanukovych who had to flee in 2014 with Zlochevsky fleeing shortly thereafter.

I'm not proposing that there are any governments in the world that are without corruption. There is no indication that the people there, who have taken back a significant amount of control of their government by loss of their own blood in protest, were willing to accept a "corrupt shitty society". Your estimation that nothing has changed, especially since the start of the war, is wholly unsupported by all indications.

Also try some decaf.
View Quote

That escalated quickly?  That's what you think of when you think "escalation?" Are you new here?  I mean, it says 2012 next to your name.  You were born in the 80s, weren't you?
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It causes one to wonder how in the modern world, billions are spent to educate the ignorant heathen, the knowledge of the whole world and more can be found at one’s fingertips and we still have to endure the idiocy of the willfully stupid.
View Quote

it's just a probability equation
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 7:51:48 AM EDT
[#41]
How do you guys turn news of Ukraine sinking a boat into another 5 pages of the same old arguments, with the same people swinging their purses and clutching their pearls?

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 8:16:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Loud noises!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That escalated quickly?  That's what you think of when you think "escalation?" Are you new here?  I mean, it says 2012 next to your name.  You were born in the 80s, weren't you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also try some decaf.

Just not clear on how I was being an asshole for having a reasoned discourse with someone I thought I largely agreed with. People are way too emotional about this stuff across the board. Like the clay holster dude who was the first to publicly "click" me for disagreeing on this topic (only). That, for not being conservative enough, when now his take on it is perfectly inline with the lib squad.

"The risk of nuclear weapons being used has been estimated to be higher now than at any timesince the height of the Cold War. Given the catastrophic possibilities of nuclear escalation and
miscalculation, which only increase the longer this war continues, we agree with your goal of
avoiding direct military conflict as an overriding national-security priority.
Given the destruction created by this war for Ukraine and the world, as well as the risk of
catastrophic escalation, we also believe it is in the interests of Ukraine, the United States, and the
world to avoid a prolonged conflict. For this reason, we urge you to pair the military and
economic support the United States has provided to Ukraine with a proactive diplomatic push,
redoubling efforts to seek a realistic framework for a ceasefire. This is consistent with your
recognition that "there's going to have to be a negotiated settlement here," and
your concern that Vladimir Putin "doesn't have a way out right now, and I'm trying to figure out
what we do about that."" ...

"Sincerely,
Pramila Jayapal
Chair
Earl Blumenauer
Member of Congress
Cori Bush
Member of Congress

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just not clear on how I was being an asshole for having a reasoned discourse with someone I thought I largely agreed with. People are way too emotional about this stuff across the board. Like the clay holster dude who was the first to publicly "click" me for disagreeing on this topic (only). That, for not being conservative enough, when now his take on it is perfectly inline with the lib squad.

"The risk of nuclear weapons being used has been estimated to be higher now than at any timesince the height of the Cold War. Given the catastrophic possibilities of nuclear escalation and
miscalculation, which only increase the longer this war continues, we agree with your goal of
Given the destruction created by this war for Ukraine and the world, as well as the risk of
catastrophic escalation, we also believe it is in the interests of Ukraine, the United States, and the
world to avoid a prolonged conflict. For this reason, we urge you to pair the military and
economic support the United States has provided to Ukraine with a proactive diplomatic push,
redoubling efforts to seek a realistic framework for a ceasefire. This is consistent with your
recognition that "there's going to have to be a negotiated settlement here," and
your concern that Vladimir Putin "doesn't have a way out right now, and I'm trying to figure out

"Sincerely,
Pramila Jayapal
Chair
Earl Blumenauer
Member of Congress
Cori Bush
Member of Congress

View Quote

It's probably a communication discrepancy.  You're accustomed to an environment where calling someone an asshole is a big deal.  I'm accustomed to an environment where I probably dialed down my first three responses because I've learned through experience that "cousin-fucking moron" doesn't carry over well on text absent the contextual clues that indicate when it's meant lovingly.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

"Sincerely,
Pramila Jayapal
Chair
Earl Blumenauer
Member of Congress
Cori Bush
Member of Congress
View Quote

I think that's wrong.  There may not be a negotiated settlement in this, and the time to negotiate a settlement probably isn't when Ukraine is pushing in russia's shit.     russia shouldn't be allowed to keep property they're stolen.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Damn.   They lost {or created} another submarine ??

The Hunt for Red October Andrei you have lost another submarine

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Did they break her back ?

Lack of news about the ship is telling.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And another thread completely derailed.
View Quote

By design.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It is a tricky situation for sure, that is why I think throwing him a bone with some sort of negotiated ceasefire is the way to go.
View Quote

da, tovarisch!
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Like it or not, we are. And frankly, thank God for it. We've got the immense peace and prosperity of the post WW2 years to show for it.

Nature abhors a vacuum and someone will be the "world police".

So, your choice: us or the Russia/China Axis.
View Quote

I dispute that there will always be world police. A scenario where no entity is strong enough to do more than patrol their borders is imaginable.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top