Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#2]
meh
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I never would have recognized that design

Is it worse, same-same, or no worse than the other side rocking the hammer & sickle

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just don't care.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It is worse, same-same, or no worse than the other side rocking the hammer & sickle

View Quote

The fact that it is essentially the same should give anyone pause about supporting them no?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ZFG
View Quote

This.  Not the same unit, not even the same f---ing country or army.  Probably adopted to intimidate the Russians.  If that works then it's good.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#9]
some guy, somewhere, slaps some patch on  and no idea who this guy is, or where.

Critical thinking people?  
what a stupid thread.

Strangely, some of the de-nazification workers have nazi tatoos, the  ultimate paradox.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I don’t think the UKR or Orcs care what we think, so long as the money flows.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#11]
What does it mean to them and what's their reasoning?  They is plenty of things used today and words that groups say that have terrible meanings in history but its widely accepted as normal and okay.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Always amazes me that people throw stuff out like this, and have never researched into our own revolutionary war.

Murders, rapes, tortures, anything and everything you can imagine was committed by US troops against loyalists during our own revolutionary war.

Did that make the right not honorable? Absolutely not.

Did it take away from our efforts? I'm sure a bit, but then if you went around talking about it, you might be charged for treason. But then again, this is what happens when people on social media LOVE to spout off about stuff they can't critically think about.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Nazis and commies killing each other, I thought GD would be okay with letting them fight (minus the part where our government wastes money).
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't follow the Ukraine shit much as I really don't give two shits about either of their governments.  Feel bad for the folks dying for it and , but just like a number of wars across our globe and history , this one doesn't matter much to me.

Anyway , the optics are not so hot , but I can understand using the symbols to a degree. What's weird though is the Germans never treated the Ukrainians all that hot either.

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you think the patch is extreme, I'll bet those dudes are even killing people
View Quote

Like FRFR no cap? Damn

If it strikes fear into a commie I like it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I wonder if there are Ukrainian units sporting Makhnov's "Black Flag".

Or, aren't they so proud of this Ukrainian "hero"?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't care at all. good for them.

I'm not a lefty. I'm not going to get outraged every time a journalist tells me to.

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No.

Not even close.
View Quote

Explain.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Is it worse, same-same, or no worse than the other side rocking the hammer & sickle

View Quote

Well those are commies.
The commies are bad guys.
The good guys kill commies.
Nazis killed commies wholesale.
You do the math.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lets see how many people know what SS units were Ukrainian in WW2.

View Quote

14th SS Galicia
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Wonder how many people in the US mil have patches that they don't understand the history behind, but think they look cool. Or how many know the history and keep it anyway.

Guess we're next, didn't the marine scout snipers use some SS flair in their logos?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This.  Not the same unit, not even the same f---ing country or army.  Probably adopted to intimidate the Russians.  If that works then it's good.
View Quote

I don't care either.

Polish people might.

The unit is famous for raping and slaughtering Warsaw civilians.

If anyone supports either side of this war; they're wrong.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Well those are commies.
The commies are bad guys.
The good guys kill commies.
Nazis killed commies wholesale.
You do the math.
View Quote

Not sure if serious...
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hmmmmm

Wonder when the Ukraine Bros will figure out they are backing A holed as bad as the Russians themselves....
View Quote

I just realized that Ukraine is also invading a neighbor, bombing civilian infrastructure, kidnapping children and distributing them via filtration camps to Russia, torturing and raping civillians. Yup. Ukraine is just bad as Russia
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No, numerous photos of them using it.

https://i.imgur.com/suR5VvV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8hQsAoI.jpg
View Quote

Fucking Nazi scum. IVe said it before, the Ukes had many many volunteers during the holocaust and helped murder millions. The whole nation is vile shithole.  Nothing like wearing an insignia from a convicted child rapist, sadist, murderer and alcoholic asshole... the only good thing that happened is that the Czechs got their hands on that vile scumbag and treated him proper like.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's got them pixels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Photoshop?

It's got them pixels.

If you doubt that this is legit, then you haven't been paying attention...
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don't care either.

Polish people might.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't care either.

Polish people might.

Considering the Poles have sent a monumental amount of their own equipment to Ukraine and have logistically aided in tons of Western equipment getting there, I doubt they're as easily influenced as GD in terms of thinking that one guy is representative of the Ukranian military as a whole.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
why should we care, it's not our war
View Quote

We're paying for it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They can't be that stupid. That unit was the worst of the worst, absolute animals.

I don't believe it. Lots of propaganda on both sides here.
View Quote

Its real Ive seen it dozens of times on all sorts of things from uniforms, to  vehicles to flags.. hey its what they like it seems. Disgusting people...
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Shit, maybe I DO support Ukraine.
View Quote

Easy now??
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They can't be that stupid. That unit was the worst of the worst, absolute animals.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Photoshop?

Yep... even the Nazis were disgusted by them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Photoshop?

lol
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#33]
d
Quoted:

Our platoon sigil was a totemkopf. Many units did similar things. Some of our guys got that tattooed on them. And no one in SoCal ever said a word about them, then.

I've never seen the crossed Stielhandgranate before though.
View Quote

Ironically the death heads insignia isnt a nazi emblem and originated with the Prussians and saw use during WW1 on many uniforms in some units. Nothing associated with ideology, racism or anything else as it was used later by the SS.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

What's your point? That some Ukranians were on the wrong side in WW2? That's not hard to prove. Poland is still pissed about this, but Poland still stepping up and helping their neighbor because Russia is 100% wrong. War is not an internet argument you can just grab a random point and feel like that counterbalances the entire opposing side. A little more nuanced than that, sorry it's hard for some of the geniuses here to grasp.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Fucking Nazi scum. IVe said it before, the Ukes had many many volunteers during the holocaust and helped murder millions. The whole nation is vile shithole.  Nothing like wearing an insignia from a convicted child rapist, sadist, murderer and alcoholic asshole... the only good thing that happened is that the Czechs got their hands on that vile scumbag and treated him proper like.
View Quote

You're totally not siding with Russia, though.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Considering the Poles have sent a monumental amount of their own equipment to Ukraine and have logistically aided in tons of Western equipment getting there, I doubt they're as easily influenced as GD in terms of thinking that one guy is representative of the Ukranian military as a whole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't care either.

Polish people might.

THANK YOU
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Remember when USMC Scout Snipers were all about sporting SS runes on tattoos, patches, flags, challenge coins, etc etc?

Pepper Ridge Farms remembers.
View Quote

My USMC unit during Desert Storm adopted a modified Afrika Corps design. Instead of a swastika and a palm tree, it was an EGA and a palm tree. Someone made stencils and we marked tanks and humvees with it.

I never heard any beef about it until after I got out. Apparently the USMC got it's panties in a wad over it. So in true E-4 mafia form, I got a tattoo of it as a final fuck you to the Suck.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I just don't care.
View Quote

This. Are they killing Russian invaders? Wear whatever motivates you to do so.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#40]
What how much cross pollination there is between pro SS/nazi ideology and pro russia sentiment in the USA. I'm going to guess... lots.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

it's not like they want to scare their enemy or anything...
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Russians killed millions of them and got away with it internationally because of fellow travelers in the US. It's like the Slavic equivalent of wearing a Crusader patch while killing Muslims.
View Quote

So does the American left now hate the Russkies because they got rid of communism?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yep... even the Nazis were disgusted by them.
View Quote

Yeah says alot when the other SS units wanted this child rapers units moved out of their area.  Similar to their thoughts on Kaminski brigade. Perhaps the Russians should wear Kaminski insignias to fight against the Dirlewanger units... odd times.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What how much cross pollination there is between pro SS/nazi ideology and pro russia sentiment in the USA. I'm going to guess... lots.
View Quote

Wignats are some of the only people who are still willing to defend Russia at this point.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Will you guys just quit with the whole nazi thing! You can find nazi dickheads in the russian army too! At this point your just regurgitating russian propaganda. For you putin puffers just take a look at who he has aligned himself with(Iran,Nor Korea,) Think for yourself's for fucks sake.

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#47]
WWII you have Stalin on one side of you, who starved about 6 million of you to death, and Hitler on the other side. Hitler wants to kill Stalin.

Do the math.

funny thing happened: one group fought along side the Russians, another along side the Germans, and a third group fought against both.

Ukraine is complicated because of this.

IDGAF what patches anybody wears. I just want Russia to get its ass kicked.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Not my circus not my monkeys I don't care what kind of Insignia they're wearing
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You're totally not siding with Russia, though.
View Quote

COC ~ Bollocks44
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What's your point? That some Ukranians were on the wrong side in WW2? That's not hard to prove. Poland is still pissed about this, but Poland still stepping up and helping their neighbor because Russia is 100% wrong. War is not an internet argument you can just grab a random point and feel like that counterbalances the entire opposing side. A little more nuanced than that, sorry it's hard for some of the geniuses here to grasp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stalin just starved 6 million of your people to death. why would fighting with the Germans against Stalin be the wrong side? why would fighting for Stalin be the right side? Evil vs Evil. you're in the middle.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top