Link Posted: 2/25/2022 8:54:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

>Be elite Russian Spetsnaz
>Have best quality gear
>Carry high-speed suppressed rifle
>Invade Ukraine
>Get yeeted by a potato-farming amateur who got his rifle last week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

>Have best quality gear
>Invade Ukraine

"Just as gud"
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:01:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What he’s trying to say is has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

View Quote

That’s exactly what I thought 100%
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

>Have best quality gear
>Invade Ukraine
View All Quotes
Quoted:

>Have best quality gear
>Invade Ukraine
Love it
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

>Have best quality gear
>Invade Ukraine
View All Quotes
Quoted:

>Have best quality gear
>Invade Ukraine

Home team advantage. It seems to count for a huge amount in war.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Your linked article was fucking retarded
View Quote

You do know Paul Craig Roberts has a PHD, worked for Reagan, and was the editor of the Wall Street Journal.

Pretty sure he is not retarded.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not unusual, most countries look to others for protection.  Makes you proud to be an American.  Could you imagine another country trying to roll through?  Everyone would be fighting like hell.  Unless the invading force were Mexican.
View Quote

Lol

Sure.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:54:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You linked to TASS.  

Are you unaware of what TASS is?

If you want to pretend that you aren’t spreading pro-Russian propaganda, you probably should use RUSSIA as your source.

Regardless of Paul Craig Roberts’ resume, his current occupation is “useful idiot”

Tell us…how did you come upon TASS as a source to make this point?  Part of your usual reading, or linked from somewhere else?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://40.media.tumblr.com/c37c629965dcf746cd0fe240c3e7d773/tumblr_mexegdQXzG1rld84wo1_1280.jpg

You do know has a PHD, worked for Reagan, and was the editor of the Wall Street Journal.

You linked to TASS.  

If you want to pretend that you aren’t spreading pro-Russian propaganda, you probably should use RUSSIA as your source.

Regardless of Paul Craig Roberts’ resume, his current occupation is “useful idiot”

Tell us…how did you come upon TASS as a source to make this point?  Part of your usual reading, or linked from somewhere else?

All the news services are now recognizing the 70+ strikes TASS reported is correct.  The Russians have penetrated Ukraine's borders along three major axis.  Pretty obvious that the Russians didn't penetrate along every major axis because the Ukrainians held the line.  The Ukrainians are loosing on every front because Joe wouldn't agree to stop expanding NATO eastward.

Ignored Warnings: How NATO Expansion Led to the Current Ukraine Tragedy

America's enemies stole the election in 2020.  Our enemies are here and are trying to create Cold War 2.0 as a distraction.  You are helping them.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#11]
that gun is sweet on Battlefield
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'd either underestimated how formidable the Stinger is, or had overestimated the formidability of the Hokum.
View Quote

Helicopters are really vulnerable, and the Stinger we used 40 years ago isn’t the same stinger we use and hand out to Allies today.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You linked to TASS.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://40.media.tumblr.com/c37c629965dcf746cd0fe240c3e7d773/tumblr_mexegdQXzG1rld84wo1_1280.jpg

You do know has a PHD, worked for Reagan, and was the editor of the Wall Street Journal.

You linked to TASS.  

We caused the rise of Putin by wining the Cold War? That’s peak retardation.  Putin would act the way he does regardless of past events he’s a power hungry megalomaniac empowered by a weak west and emboldened by Russian Nationalism.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#14]
For those who somehow missed this:

Could the Ukraine Crisis Have Been Avoided?

Events during the past few months constituted the last chance to avoid a hot war in Eastern Europe. Putin demanded that NATO provide guarantees on several security issues. Specifically, the Kremlin wanted binding assurances that the alliance would reduce the scope of its growing military presence in Eastern Europe and would never offer membership to Ukraine. He backed up those demands with a massive military buildup on Ukraine’s borders. The Biden administration’s response to Russia’s quest for meaningful Western concessions and security guarantees was tepid and evasive. Putin then clearly decided to escalate matters. Washington’s attempt to make Ukraine a NATO political and military pawn (even absent the country’s formal membership in the alliance) may end up costing the Ukrainian people dearly.

The Ukraine Tragedy

History will show that Washington’s treatment of Russia in the decades following the demise of the Soviet Union was a policy blunder of epic proportions. It was entirely predictable that NATO expansion would ultimately lead to a tragic, perhaps violent, breach of relations with Moscow. Perceptive analysts warned of the likely consequences, but those warnings went unheeded. We are now paying the price for the U.S. foreign policy establishment’s myopia and arrogance.
View Quote

Ignored Warnings: How NATO Expansion Led to the Current Ukraine Tragedy
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I would die laughing if the last thing he felt was the sling drag over his face from a SKS while the Ukrainian whispers "just as good"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

>Have best quality gear
>Invade Ukraine

I would die laughing if the last thing he felt was the sling drag over his face from a SKS while the Ukrainian whispers "just as good"

First thing I thought of.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You do know Paul Craig Roberts has a PHD, worked for Reagan, and was the editor of the Wall Street Journal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

posts link to Wikipedia article as means to establish guys credibility

doesn't actually read Wikipedia article which paints guy as insane, an idiot, anti-semite, conspiracy theorist, Putin-lover, and possible Holocaust-denier.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#21]
This latest crisis—America’s part in the showdown between Russia and the Ukraine—has conveniently followed on the heels of a long line of other crises, manufactured or otherwise, which have occurred like clockwork in order to keep Americans distracted, deluded, amused, and insulated from the government’s steady encroachments on our freedoms.

And so it continues in its Orwellian fashion.

Two years after COVID-19 shifted the world into a state of global authoritarianism, just as the people’s tolerance for heavy-handed mandates seems to have finally worn thin, we are being prepped for the next distraction and the next drain on our economy.

Yet policing the globe and waging endless wars abroad isn’t making America—or the rest of the world—any safer, it’s certainly not making America great again, and it’s undeniably digging the U.S. deeper into debt.

Indeed, even if we were to put an end to all of the government’s military meddling and bring all of the troops home today, it would take decades to pay down the price of these wars and get the government’s creditors off our backs.

War has become a huge money-making venture, and the U.S. government, with its vast military empire, is one of its best buyers and sellers.

What most Americans—brainwashed into believing that patriotism means supporting the war machine—fail to recognize is that these ongoing wars have little to do with keeping the country safe and everything to do with propping up a military industrial complex that continues to dominate, dictate and shape almost every aspect of our lives.
View Quote

Perpetual Tyranny: Endless Wars Are The Enemy Of Freedom
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not unusual, most countries look to others for protection.  Makes you proud to be an American.  Could you imagine another country trying to roll through?  Everyone would be fighting like hell.  Unless the invading force were Mexican.
View Quote

I didn't read the rest of this thread, but you quickly pointed out one clear example of we would not protect ourselves.  So no high horse for you.   Time will tell on the Ukranians we don't know enough yet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

doesn't actually read Wikipedia article which paints guy as insane, an idiot, anti-semite, conspiracy theorist, Putin-lover, and possible Holocaust-denier.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Criticism from the "Southern Poverty Law Center" is a resounding endorsement to real Americans
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

English motherfucker, do you speak it?

Do you know what a comma is?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You who are shitting on Americans because you think they wouldn't fight are not only wrong, but you are making those statements because you won't fight and will use this excuse as to why you won't fight. Just be honest about it fat belly.

English motherfucker, do you speak it?

Do you know what a comma is?

It’s a straightforward piece of writing, not hard to understand at all.

LC
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You love to see it
View All Quotes

He forgot his bullet dodging and axe throwing training
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#26]
First thing I noticed in the news clips is no one is armed,just out taking pictures.  What happened to all of the weapons and munitions we sent them?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoting both TASS and CATO has me shaking my head. At least he didn’t quote Brookings.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would have expected more military action at this point at least based on what I can tell from current reporting.  I would have expected that as soon as tanks rolled across the border that a hellstorm would have erupted from both sides.  

Ukraine is reporting "dozens" of casualties at this point whereas you always kind of imagine the opening day of an invasion between two developed countries to be a blood bath.

It seems like Russia is playing a game of "just the tip" right now.

Of course, that comment could age poorly and quickly and I have no idea what a conflict between two developed countries should look like in this century.

View Quote

Once the "Tip" is in, then the "Shaft" soon follows...    

Ukraine will put up a fight, but they just don't have the forces to keep out the Russians...  without those nukes they foolishly traded away for guarantees of non-invasion & non-interference from the Russian Federation.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#31]
The Ukrainian capital of Kyiv (Kiev) was hit by rocket strikes overnight, with reports of fighting in its suburbs

Link has photos and video of the fighting in and around Kiev.  If the Russians are fighting in and around the capital of the 2nd largest country by land area in Europe on days 1&2, its hard to see where the TASS reports are wrong.  

Why read TASS?

The United States does not have a media.  It has a propaganda service for the military/security complex, the pharmaceutical industry, and the global elite.
View Quote

-Paul Craig Roberts
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:05:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Then how are Russians loosing vehicles?

You dont take out tanks and APCs by not fighting.

Quoted:
Driver got drunk on coolant and drove into a muddy stream?
View Quote

Western Imperialist Capitalist Liar!!  

Gunner drank the brake fluid (but first filtered it through bread) to keep steady on the gun...

Since Kaminsky drank the brakes ...  Well "accidents" happen ...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#36]

I don’t know why, but this rifle is messing with my head.

Aren’t these basically designated marksman rifles?  Where’s the optic on it?  Was spetznaz really rolling around with an iron sighted DMR?

Several people have mentioned that the Russian forces seem like clown shoes but this is really odd to me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

"Just as gud"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

>Have best quality gear
>Invade Ukraine

"Just as gud"

Rekt.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How do you know this?
View Quote

I watched Red Dawn.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm Pro-American, Pro-Europe.

It's the occupational government and their trolls who are Anti-American and Anti-Europe:

Earlier today I asked what is Germany’s fate if Russia replies to sanctions with sanctions?  Leon Birnbaum, president of E.ON, one of Europe’s largest operators of energy networks, said that if Russia cuts gas flow to Germany, Germany´s industry would have to be cut off from the power grid.

It is difficult to imagine people so totally stupid and self-defeating as the ones Western peoples trust with leadership.  Indeed, Western “leaders” are so totally stupid they may well get us wiped off the face of the earth.
View Quote

-Paul Craig Roberts

This is all completely unnecessary.  Shit-talking into global thermonuclear warfare is about as stupid and self-defeating as it gets.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Aren’t these basically designated marksman rifles?  Where’s the optic on it?  Was spetznaz really rolling around with an iron sighted DMR?

Several people have mentioned that the Russian forces seem like clown shoes but this is really odd to me.
View Quote

VAL submachine gun in 9x39 subsonic, probably not a good choice for a DMR

ETA:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS_Val
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, that makes more sense, I was thinking it was a Vintorez with a collapsible stock.

Still, it’s freaking 2022, put a dot or something on that thing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Exactly:

1. You can be damn sure there is a bunch Russian of psycologists thinking up communication strats to weaken/split US opinion

2. If you aware of  nr.1 you should simply never trust anything comming out of Russia especially when it happens to trigger some right wing hot topics.

I just atribute it to some on the right being low information nutjobs but the amount of people falling for it here is disapointing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoting both TASS and CATO has me shaking my head. At least he didn’t quote Brookings.

An anti-US, pro-Russia opinion piece in TASS, no less.  lol

Exactly:

1. You can be damn sure there is a bunch Russian of psycologists thinking up communication strats to weaken/split US opinion

2. If you aware of  nr.1 you should simply never trust anything comming out of Russia especially when it happens to trigger some right wing hot topics.

I just atribute it to some on the right being low information nutjobs but the amount of people falling for it here is disapointing.

LOL,

The real professionals are at SRI International and Tavistock Institute.  If you doubt any of the facts posted here, they own a piece of your brain.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't know why, but this rifle is messing with my head.

Aren't these basically designated marksman rifles?  Where's the optic on it?  Was spetznaz really rolling around with an iron sighted DMR?

View Quote
There are 2 versions.  One is like you say, the Vintorez.  What's pictured there I believe is an AS VAL, which is almost identical but issued to paratroopers and has a folding stock/pistol grip.  From what I've seen they jump without an optic mounted on the side rail.

ETA Pic

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#45]

No matter what, at the end of that guys life he can say he smoked a Spetznaz

Pretty fuckin metal.

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Guys just put the Russian propaganda accounts on ignore and move on. Let them regurgitate their bullshit to themselves.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m not an expert on Russian weapon density in their current forces, but there are at least two versions of that rifle system, and nothing in that picture makes me think that guy is some kind of elite special operator, I’d guess he’s a scout in some kind of reconnaissance element of a conventional maneuver unit, or even just an infantryman, shit, maybe even Rus paramilitary fighter from the breakaway areas.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The US could supply oil to Ukraine...oh wait, we are now dependent on other countries.  To keep our country safe, the government needs to confiscate weapons of war from it's citizens.
View Quote

Saw a lot of weapons of war on the street when trudeau unleashed his gestapo to clear out the protest.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Still quoting the pro-Russian propagandist who is paid by TASS?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm Pro-American, Pro-Europe.

It's the occupational government and their trolls who are Anti-American and Anti-Europe:

Earlier today I asked what is Germany’s fate if Russia replies to sanctions with sanctions?  Leon Birnbaum, president of E.ON, one of Europe’s largest operators of energy networks, said that if Russia cuts gas flow to Germany, Germany´s industry would have to be cut off from the power grid.

It is difficult to imagine people so totally stupid and self-defeating as the ones Western peoples trust with leadership.  Indeed, Western “leaders” are so totally stupid they may well get us wiped off the face of the earth.

-Paul Craig Roberts

This is all completely unnecessary.  Shit-talking into global thermonuclear warfare is about as stupid and self-defeating as it gets.

Still quoting the pro-Russian propagandist who is paid by TASS?

Please, show me his paycheck???
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#50]
CNN just reported that the Ukrainians are losing ground in some areas but holding ground in other areas even recapturing a bridge they lost earlier. They are not winning but they are putting up one hell of a tougher fight than expected. Apparently the Russians are taking a bigger loss than expected.
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top