Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 29
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
They are waiting till after 2/3’s of the Commie soldiers go back to Russia, so they can get into the gorilla warfare mode for the next 30 years.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
“I think it is the beginning of a new cold war,” said Mr. Kennan from his Princeton home. ”I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely and it will affect their policies. I think it is a tragic mistake. There was no reason for this whatsoever. No one was threatening anybody else. This expansion would make the Founding Fathers of this country turn over in their graves. We have signed up to protect a whole series of countries, even though we have neither the resources nor the intention to do so in any serious way. [NATO expansion] was simply a light-hearted action by a Senate that has no real interest in foreign affairs.”

“What bothers me is how superficial and ill informed the whole Senate debate was,” added Mr. Kennan, who was present at the creation of NATO and whose anonymous 1947 article in the journal Foreign Affairs, signed ”X,” defined America’s cold-war containment policy for 40 years. ”I was particularly bothered by the references to Russia as a country dying to attack Western Europe. Don’t people understand? Our differences in the cold war were with the Soviet Communist regime. And now we are turning our backs on the very people who mounted the greatest bloodless revolution in history to remove that Soviet regime.

“And Russia’s democracy is as far advanced, if not farther, as any of these countries we’ve just signed up to defend from Russia,” said Mr. Kennan, who joined the State Department in 1926 and was U.S. Ambassador to Moscow in 1952. “It shows so little understanding of Russian history and Soviet history. Of course there is going to be a bad reaction from Russia, and then [the NATO expanders] will say that we always told you that is how the Russians are – but this is just wrong.”
View Quote

George F. Kennan, former ambassador to Russia (1998) after NATO expanded Eastward
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The guy writes editorials for Russian State media.
Either he gets paid, or he does it for free.
Why do YOU think he writes editorials for Russian State media?  True believer?
View Quote

You're famous in GD for your pro-Beltway views. Are you a true believer in the uniparty regime or are you remunerated? After all, domestic propaganda is legal again...
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
“I think it is the beginning of a new cold war,” said Mr. Kennan from his Princeton home. ”I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely and it will affect their policies. I think it is a tragic mistake. There was no reason for this whatsoever. No one was threatening anybody else. This expansion would make the Founding Fathers of this country turn over in their graves. We have signed up to protect a whole series of countries, even though we have neither the resources nor the intention to do so in any serious way. [NATO expansion] was simply a light-hearted action by a Senate that has no real interest in foreign affairs.”

“What bothers me is how superficial and ill informed the whole Senate debate was,” added Mr. Kennan, who was present at the creation of NATO and whose anonymous 1947 article in the journal Foreign Affairs, signed ”X,” defined America’s cold-war containment policy for 40 years. ”I was particularly bothered by the references to Russia as a country dying to attack Western Europe. Don’t people understand? Our differences in the cold war were with the Soviet Communist regime. And now we are turning our backs on the very people who mounted the greatest bloodless revolution in history to remove that Soviet regime.

“And Russia’s democracy is as far advanced, if not farther, as any of these countries we’ve just signed up to defend from Russia,” said Mr. Kennan, who joined the State Department in 1926 and was U.S. Ambassador to Moscow in 1952. “It shows so little understanding of Russian history and Soviet history. Of course there is going to be a bad reaction from Russia, and then [the NATO expanders] will say that we always told you that is how the Russians are – but this is just wrong.”

George F. Kennan, former ambassador to Russia (1998) after expanding NATO Eastward

Fuck Kennan. He was a Russia apologist from the 1940s already.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#9]
This vid isn't a bad 5 min snapshot on global reaction.
Russian people aren't onboard. 1600 detained. Journalists with the wrong message are detained.
I doubt his comfy oligarchs are pleased.
Their stock market has taken a $200 billion dollar hit.
Their bonds are down 33%
Ruble is at a record low.

The downside is Putin has a $643 billion currency reserve. If Ukraine can hold out, its going to be tough on Putin.

I don't have citations for the above, but it echos other sources I've viewed/read.

Ukraine Invasion: Protests In Russia Despite Warning, 1600 Detained l Anger Against Putin Mounting?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#10]
R_S is the guy that’s always posting about the superiority of militia over professional soldiers. I guess he will have a learning experience this week.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Have fun posting Russian propaganda just don't think it's not toally transparent to me.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoting both TASS and CATO has me shaking my head. At least he didn’t quote Brookings.

An anti-US, pro-Russia opinion piece in TASS, no less.  lol

Exactly:

1. You can be damn sure there is a bunch Russian of psycologists thinking up communication strats to weaken/split US opinion

2. If you aware of  nr.1 you should simply never trust anything comming out of Russia especially when it happens to trigger some right wing hot topics.

I just atribute it to some on the right being low information nutjobs but the amount of people falling for it here is disapointing.

LOL,

The real professionals are at SRI International and Tavistock Institute.  If you doubt any of the facts posted here, they own a piece of your brain.

Have fun posting Russian propaganda just don't think it's not toally transparent to me.

LOL!!  Now I'm cured. I'm sure that the Ukrainians will turn things around and be storming the gates of Moscow any day now.  I'm sure that threatening to expand NATO to Russia's border with a published plan by Brzezinski and $1T in military funding didn't provoke Russia.  

Those facts are all down the memory hole

I'm cured.  hallelujah!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

George F. Kennan, former ambassador to Russia (1998) after NATO expanded Eastward

I have a feeling that your boy, Putin, is going to end up taking it in the pooper over this fuckup.  There is little to no win here for him.  

All of this for what, some farmland?  Maybe some ore?

He's fucked himself with this mess.  He'll be stuck in Ukraine spending money and lives, or he won't hold the country long enough for any of this to be worth it.

Long term outlook not so good...
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
R_S is the guy that’s always posting about the superiority of militia over professional soldiers. I guess he will have a learning experience this week.
View Quote

An improvised militia created on the day of a major blitz style invasion is too little, too late.  I am and advocate of Total Defense... which requires pre-planning.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What gets me, even as far back as Saddam, is how absolutely worthless all those billions of dollars in hardware turn out to be.  

One would think the only benifit of modern armament is making those that manufacture and cut the deals wealthy......
View Quote

It’s training and doctrine.

Could you be a brain surgeon if you had all the tools and facilities?

Hell, could you be a mechanic, or dam builder?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

An improvised militia created on the day of a major blitz style invasion is too little, too late.  I am and advocate of Total Defense... which requires pre-planning.
View Quote

The performance of militias vs. professional soldiers was settled in the Peloponnesian War.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm "famous" in GD for being pro-America, extremely conservative, and anti-Russia.

You are not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guy writes editorials for Russian State media.
Either he gets paid, or he does it for free.
Why do YOU think he writes editorials for Russian State media?  True believer?

You're famous in GD for your pro-Beltway views. Are you a true believer in the uniparty regime or are you remunerated? After all, domestic propaganda is legal again...

I'm "famous" in GD for being pro-America, extremely conservative, and anti-Russia.

You are not.

And your dog.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have a feeling that your boy, Putin, is going to end up taking it in the pooper over this fuckup.  There is little to no win here for him.  

He's fucked himself with this mess.  He'll be stuck in Ukraine spending money and lives, or he won't hold the country long enough for any of this to be worth it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am against the invasion.

I have a feeling that your boy, Brandon, and his "top military advisors" Lloyd Austin and GEN Milley would loose the whole of Europe and end up in a nuclear conflict if given half a chance.  This clusterfuck is their doing.

There would have been no invasion if Brandon had agreed in writing to no further expansion of NATO Eastward.  

It's clear that the military option Brandon and his top advisors wanted is a total failure... just like their 300,000 man "army" in Afghanistan.

Now that that failure is obvious... its also obvious that nuclear weapons are the only thing actually stopping Putin from rolling over ALL of Europe.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The performance of militias vs. professional soldiers was settled in the Peloponnesian War.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL tell that to the Romans, the Swiss... or British

"For who is so worthless or indolent as not to wish to know by what means and under what system of polity the Romans . . . succeeded in subjecting nearly the whole inhabited world to their sole government?a thing unique in history?"?Polybius

Killing for the Republic: Citizen-Soldiers and the Roman Way of War

Minuteman: Restoring an Army of the People
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have a feeling that your boy, Brandon, and his "top military advisors" Lloyd Austin and GEN Milley would loose the whole of Europe and end up in a nuclear conflict if given half a chance.  This clusterfuck is their doing.

There would have been no invasion if Brandon had agreed in writing to no further expansion of NATO Eastward.  

It's clear that the military option Brandon and his top advisors wanted is a total failure... just like their 300,000 man "army" in Afghanistan.

Now that that failure is obvious... its also obvious that nuclear weapons are the only thing actually stopping Putin from rolling over ALL of Europe.  

View Quote

This has nothing to do with Biden. This started well before him. Did you guys completely forget that Russians have been stirring up shit there for a while now?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This has nothing to do with Biden. This started well before him. Did you guys completely forget that Russians have been stirring up shit there for a while now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you writing that with a straight face???

After decades of NATO expansion, if Brandon, Lloyd Austin, Milley and the Russian's Successful Hypersonic Missile tests aren't GO TIME signals I don't know what is.

Biden is weak.  All he had to do was sign an agreement with the Russians to save face and Ukraine... and now he has another disaster of his own making.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#22]
They are fast and have more range than our bombers. Turboprops are a thing and they work well for that mission.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Op, not to kill your patriotism pride, but most people, including the modern American, are cowards. They will flee to where the gov tells them is safe. Those of us that are not cowards would fight for our country against am invader, but be ready to be disappointed by the majority that will run for various excuses.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’m “famous” in GD for being pro-America, extremely conservative, and anti-Russia.
You are not.
View Quote

You won't answer the same question you ask.

Why is that: are you really on a payroll or doing propaganda for free? Or is it simply more of the same bad faith you exhibited arguing for domestic mass surveillance?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why is that: are you really on a payroll or doing propaganda for free? Or is it simply more of the same bad faith you exhibited arguing for domestic mass surveillance?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m “famous” in GD for being pro-America, extremely conservative, and anti-Russia.
You are not.

Good Comments GreyHat.  I'd like to know as well
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia has being doing Russia for a while now, but Ukraine's fate was sealed the moment Biden destroyed our energy production.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I agree, but it's hard for me to be too critical about it, because I think I'm part of that same 'problem'.  I never would have imagined saying this 20 years ago, but if DC or New York, or San Francisco were invaded tomorrow, I would not really rush to their defense.  We're only still a single 'united' country because of money, convenience, and tradition.
View Quote
Yes you would. We'd rally, just like we have in the past.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Wait,a long dead old Soviet sympathizer has nice things to say about the Russians? I’m shocked!

Just read the article and look at the absurdity of claiming Russia is more worthy because their democracy is more advanced. Are you really going to fucking tell me that Russia is a more advanced nation than we are today?

This is what burns me up about those who groan about “Ukraine is a corrupt shithole”. The whole point was the promise of making a better nation,which WAS happening.

I often forget that the US was started as the most perfect nation ever and no men like Aaron Burr ever existed,that slavery was settled with a handshake and so forth. The lack of historical perspective amongst Americans is horrendous.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#32]
It's amazing that anyone could be that stupid.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Do the Ukrainians have the capability to take out Russia's petro infrastructure?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#35]

Most Russian armor short of tanks are amphibious.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are not.

He can't be put on ignore because he's a MOD.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#38]

I bet "sing song" Biden sold that information to the Chinese.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not my boy, and they are fuckups.  Stolen elections have consequences.  

That's not gonna keep Putin from getting his butthole blown out, though.  He just stepped in a pile of shit.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

After decades of NATO expansion, if Brandon, Lloyd Austin, Milley and the Russian's Successful Hypersonic Missile tests aren't GO TIME signals I don't know what is.

Biden is weak.  All he had to do was sign an agreement with the Russians to save face and Ukraine... and now he has another disaster of his own making.
View Quote

You are really into the Russian sucking. Russia has been making moves on Ukraine since your boy Obama. Trump interrupted their game
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Sorry but no. She looks a lot cleaner and more comfortable than the videos I've seen of the guys fighting since 2014.

You face imminent death and you stop for a girl power 'Gram pic.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You are really into the Russian sucking. Russia has been making moves on Ukraine since your boy Obama. Trump interrupted their game
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia has been having its way with Ukraine since before you were born and I almost spit out my quesadilla hearing that Obama is now "my boy"!!!  Its past time for the orphanage for that boy
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sorry but no. She looks a lot cleaner and more comfortable than the videos I've seen of the guys fighting since 2014.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

She’s a member of Ukraine’s parliament.

How many of our Congress critters would stay and fight if DC was occupied?
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#45]

This is one of the things that puzzles me. I've heard a number of interviews from fleeing residents that they were "caught off guard" or surprised by the attack.

Learning to operate a firearm on game day?!

We closed our embassies and told Americans to GTFO.

Did they really think the 140K soldiers surrounding them were there for drills or to prevent Ukraine aggression?

If Russia just wanted the 2 separatist provinces in the East, why surround a big country.

There was intel that whole blood (short shelf life) was brought to the front. All kinds of signs it was about to be go time.

Simply denial? Or did they really think diplomacy would sort it out. I'm not knocking them, for I haven't been in their shoes. Just trying to understand the mindset.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I see the Russian deep cover operatives have outed themselves
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Normalcy bias is strong. Nobody wants to believe they are about to invaded by a massively larger neighboring country.

Seems like the Ukrainians are fighting quite hard and grinding the Russian advance down considering they lost air superiority on day one, which was inevitable.

FVP

Fuck Vladimir Putin

FPA

Fuck Putin Apologists
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
They are waiting till after 2/3’s of the Commie soldiers go back to Russia, so they can get into the gorilla warfare mode for the next 30 years.
View Quote

Guerrilla not Gorilla
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I often forget that the US was started as the most perfect nation ever and no men like Aaron Burr ever existed,that slavery was settled with a handshake and so forth. The lack of historical perspective amongst Americans is horrendous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is a fair point. I’ve been all over this globe and Americans don’t have the understanding where countries have had disputes, feuds, and wars that span a 1000 years.  

That doesn't change the fact that Biden is a feckless, stupid moron being advised by incompetent fools.

Quoted:
Russia has been having its way with Ukraine since before you were born and I almost spit out my quesadilla hearing that Obama is now "my boy"!!!  Its past time for the orphanage for that boy

Actually quite true.  Just talked to an old gray-beard who did the strategic analysis after the wall came down in 1989, and they identified Ukraine as the the most likely first target Russia would "repatriate". They further added incentives to Russia when we pushed for Ukraine to get rid of their nukes.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

She’s a member of Ukraine’s parliament.

How many of our Congress critters would stay and fight if DC was occupied?
View Quote

If she fights, sure. Right now it's posturing on the internet from a comfy apartment. Same thing we do here.

None
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top