Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#1]
This what I think of EVs. Rolling H-bombs.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about piling up but yes every dealer I visited in the last 6 weeks had at least all electric in the lot.
I thought it was funny every ford dealer had a machE in the showroom right next to their $100k+ raptor.

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#3]
The majority of people would be in way over their heads trying to install charging stations at their home

The majority of renters will not be willing to pay the costs of charging stations

If the majority of people rely on commercial charging stations like “gas stations” for ice vehicles, it seems the lines and wait times could be more than most are willing to bear during peak times or busy times with current battery technology and current charging times

Looks like it could turn into a huge cluster
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just googled ford mustang mach e.  These is what popped up in the google search.  Seriously who would pay those prices for that?  All the buyers for those already bought them apparently.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/473532/IMG_1187_jpeg-2881270.JPG
View Quote

Just for fun I typed in 2020 corvette. Got prices from $76kto $80k A bit over a new Mach E. But not by much.

So I went back and looked at your ads again. I noticed the used one was $10 grand more??? Hell if I can make $10 k more just by driving a Mach E, I should buy 10 or even a hundred of them. ;-)
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I hope they choke on them.
View Quote

If not, the grid will choke on them.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's just that Tesla makes a better EV than anything else on the market currently. There is objectively, no reason to buy another brands EV.
View Quote

Wait until you learn about PHEVs. I'll take 600 mile range, with EV mode that gets me through 99% of my car usage over a Tesla.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:39:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

2022 Tesla Model 3 long range. How exactly is it too good to be true? There are no parts to break, nothing to service, and nothing to kill the batteries prematurely. In the 1.5 years I’ve had it, I have had less than 5% drop in total range. Tesla claims up to 10% the first few years and I’m well below that. No concerns whatsoever… but I’ll trade it in for a Model S Plaid long before it’s even close to 150k miles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A normal IC engine car or truck can be expected to go 150-200k miles with maintenance, and a solid chance at a lot more.

A significant improvement over ten years ago.

Electric car battery longevity concerns are very real.

My ‘22 M3 battery is rated to go 350-400k. The chassis 500-750k, all with no maintenance. What exactly is the concern?

That if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.

What car are you talking about by the way.  I searched and don’t see a 22’ bmw m3 ev.

2022 Tesla Model 3 long range. How exactly is it too good to be true? There are no parts to break, nothing to service, and nothing to kill the batteries prematurely. In the 1.5 years I’ve had it, I have had less than 5% drop in total range. Tesla claims up to 10% the first few years and I’m well below that. No concerns whatsoever… but I’ll trade it in for a Model S Plaid long before it’s even close to 150k miles.

When people say stuff like this “no parts to break, nothing to service, and nothing to kill the batteries prematurely” it triggers a red flag in my brain because it’s a car with an iPad in it and a suspension and mechanical things and tons of stuff that can obviously break.  I would say value and reliability and then followed by safety are what I look for in a car. I wish car companies focused on value more these days.  And I do appreciate what Tesla is doing in that regard but an EV car is a premium feature unto itself, and that is not a feature I am interested in enough to pay a premium for.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:40:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
All this green crap (cars, solar panels) are toxic shit, and can’t be disposed of in regular dumps.
View Quote

Can't ?

What ever fits in the trash can goes to the dump. Sometimes you need to cut it down to fit.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What happens in 5 years when China halts all rare earth metals to the US?

Or during a war?

How many miles can an EV go when it’s battery is lower than 75% efficiency?

View Quote

There is lithium to be mined here in the US.  We already have processing facilities that have been operational for years.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Couldnt they just used a regular mustang? My gawd those are ugly
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Yea i am sure a lithium mine will go over like......a coal mine.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

like a fat sack of dicks
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Tesla just announced Q2 results: 466,000 cars delivered. They’re on track to increase sales from 1.2 million cars in 2022 to 1.8 million this year.

Tesla Inventory is at 16 days.

Tesla Gigafactory in Mexico is planned, should break ground next quarter. It’ll join Tesla factories in Fremont, Austin, Berlin and Shanghai.

Just because the others aren’t selling doesn’t mean EVs are going away.

They’re being adopted at an exponential rate.

I don’t have an EV yet, but I do have TSLA.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There is lithium to be mined here in the US.  We already have processing facilities that have been operational for years.
View Quote

One mine in Nevada.  Lithium is considered one of the top 10 dirtiest elements to mine.
Why is all this green shit so toxic?
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#15]
days supply does not really mean much when you factor in volume.  If they sell one every 70 days, but have 2 - not really much of a pile.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just for fun I typed in 2020 corvette. Got prices from $76kto $80k A bit over a new Mach E. But not by much.

So I went back and looked at your ads again. I noticed the used one was $10 grand more??? Hell if I can make $10 k more just by driving a Mach E, I should buy 10 or even a hundred of them. ;-)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just googled ford mustang mach e.  These is what popped up in the google search.  Seriously who would pay those prices for that?  All the buyers for those already bought them apparently.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/473532/IMG_1187_jpeg-2881270.JPG

The used car for 10k more is actually a very rare 2004 mustang SVT with mystichrome paint with only 5,157 miles on it. Idk why is came up for the search for mach e.  

https://www.fellahautogroup.com/used-cars-philadelphia-pa/2004-ford-mustang-48834993

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/illegal-cobra-mustang-paint-rare-costs-over-26000/
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Prepare for more coercion. They can't let people choose freely.
View Quote

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.planet-today.com%2F2023%2F07%2Fwef-says-fashion-will-be-abolished-by.html%3Fm%3D1

The World Economic Forum has declared that by 2030 fashion will become completely obsolete and all humans will be vegan, whether they like it or not.

A newly resurfaced report written in 2019 states that humans will only be permitted to buy three items of clothing per year and will be prohibited from buying or consuming meat.
---------------------------------
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Tesla just announced Q2 results: 466,000 cars delivered. They’re on track to increase sales from 1.2 million cars in 2022 to 1.8 million this year.

Tesla Inventory is at 16 days.

Tesla Gigafactory in Mexico is planned, should break ground next quarter. It’ll join Tesla factories in Fremont, Austin, Berlin and Shanghai.

Just because the others aren’t selling doesn’t mean EVs are going away.

They’re being adopted at an exponential rate.

I don’t have an EV yet, but I do have TSLA.
View Quote

The EV industry better hope the USGOVT subsidies and tax credits keep going.
Gotta plug those EVs into some coal and natural gas fired power plant.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When I can  fill up in 5 minutes and have 400 miles range while towing, I'll consider buying one.
View Quote

When my 3 and 7 year old son's electric toys will last more than a month of use without everything corroding or something breaking, I'll considering buying one
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#20]
It’s hard to sell at $65k EV when you can buy a Model 3 for $35k...
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My house is 20 years old. There is no room on the panel for a dedicated charging circuit. Why they hell would I buy a burden.
View Quote
Buy an EV for 50k and get a panel upgrade and new circuit run for a for grand more
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

THIS.RIGHT.HERE
View Quote

Acquaintance sold 7 year old ($25k new) Prius, that was in good shape, for only $3800.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sounds like Toyota might have a game changer in the works for their EVs. Battery range up to 700 miles and a quick charge of 10 minutes. Using solid state batteries.
View Quote

If the battery could last a long time (time not distance) that would get my attention.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#25]
This is what happens when the Government chooses products rather than the Market.

And, the Red States need to take over oil refineries from the woke corporations who are doing the Communist’s bidding. Same for all petroleum production.

The Government has declared war on the people by progressively choking out the supply of cheap, easily attainable energy in favor of (intentionally) failed experimental energy sources.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:09:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Acquaintance sold 7 year old ($25k new) Prius, that was in good shape, for only $3800.
View Quote

Why? Assuming 20K miles/year, cheapest model version, and lowest (fair) condition trade value is way above that:

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#27]
We have a used low mileage Ford Lightning on our lot.
About 6-7 months now.
Hit the lot at over $100k, it’s now at $78k.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's just that Tesla makes a better EV than anything else on the market currently. There is objectively, no reason to buy another brands EV.
View Quote
This. Why would someone go to a dealership and play fuck fuck games with a bunch of con artists for an electric car that is made by companies notorious for bean-counting their products to absolute shit, when they can order a trendy Tesla that is new, innovative, and made by a company not ran by assholes trying to screw you?
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If I could pick up a small commuter EV for a measly 20k I'd be in for a daily commuter.
I'd keep my gas guzzling F150 for weekends, hunting, and camping.

But they're not 20k. They're 50k and I don't want that to be my only vehicle.
View Quote

Less then 8% of new cars sell for under $30k. You are not finding a sub $20k as a normal offering.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:14:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Prepare for more coercion. They can't let people choose freely.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If they want to pump those numbers up, they’ll need to start selling to apartment dwellers and rural folks, as an example.  Maybe soon, everyone who wants one, will have one.
View Quote

Where are apartment dwellers going to charge it?
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sounds like Toyota might have a game changer in the works for their EVs. Battery range up to 700 miles and a quick charge of 10 minutes. Using solid state batteries.
View Quote

20 yrs before that tech is ready for prime time
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#35]
They could have been making good vehicles more cheaply but instead they’ve wasted a bunch of time and money on obsolete tech.

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:21:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Tesla did one thing right that the legacy companies are having issues with.  They did not make a legacy car.  The one other advantages that EV's can have is they can be simpler.  But if you start with a legacy vehicle - you tend to throw that advantage away.  Toyota axed a lot of their future EV line because they realized it too.  They can not make a legacy tied vehicle for the price necessary.  They need to build the EV new from the ground up to keep it simpler and cheaper.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Where are apartment dwellers going to charge it?
View Quote

Sounds insurmountable.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Who's chancing $100K on an electric car?
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:26:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Why? Assuming 20K miles/year, cheapest model version, and lowest (fair) condition trade value is way above that:

https://i.imgur.com/Fcrfgnz.png
View Quote

Battery warranty was up in 2 months. Back then, it was 9k to replace battery pack
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Two key concepts, demand and addressing the market.

Now, let's have the key executives of those electric car makers sit down for a transparent chat. Lol. First of all, they are auto politicians or they would not have been placed in those positions of authority. Transparent is not going to happen.

Next, let's get down to business. The questions:

How do you account for the obvious lack of demand for these unsold vehicles?
It seems apparent- the demand was never there, or people would have them in their driveway, or they would be part of a (government or corporate) fleet by this time.

Precisely how have you addressed the market with these unsold vehicles?
Addressing the market stems from a desire or need from consumers that appears non-existent here on a large scale.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#41]

While inventory is up substantially from 2021 and 2022 levels, it remains low by historical standards. At the end of pre-pandemic, pre-chip shortage May 2020, the total supply was 2.99 million vehicles for a days’ supply of 92. In May 2019, supply was 3.81 million vehicles for a 95 days’ supply.
View Quote

Fodder for the anti ev luddites to rant and rave, the inventory is not high by historic measures.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Not if it were free. I have enough pains in my ass. Don't need a new huge one.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The user car market still hasn't fully recovered from that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Say hello to cash for clunkers 2.0

God I hope not.  That will destroy the used market (again.)
The user car market still hasn't fully recovered from that

The program was a failure, not sure why people keep claiming it had an effect. The lack of new cars being built is a much bigger factor.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The majority of people would be in way over their heads trying to install charging stations at their home

The majority of renters will not be willing to pay the costs of charging stations

If the majority of people rely on commercial charging stations like “gas stations” for ice vehicles, it seems the lines and wait times could be more than most are willing to bear during peak times or busy times with current battery technology and current charging times

Looks like it could turn into a huge cluster
View Quote

Plugging into a dryer receptacle isn't a very difficult task.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
And, the Red States need to take over oil refineries from the woke corporations who are doing the Communist’s bidding. Same for all petroleum production.
View Quote

Only communism can save us from communism?
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:57:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Plugging into a dryer receptacle isn't a very difficult task.
View Quote

I guess you can do that with a $400 extension.  You would have too get it through a door or wall.  Not all homes have electric dryers, some are gas, and constantly playing switch the dryer outlet would get old quick.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I guess you can do that with a $400 extension.  You would have too get it through a door or wall.  Not all homes have electric dryers, some are gas, and constantly playing switch the dryer outlet would get old quick.
View Quote

Point being there are countless options for anyone with an ounce of problem solving skills. A lot of houses in my neighborhood have receptacles in the garage. Just plug it in.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I don't think you can discount the inherent gay, homosexuality of Electric Vehicles.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Toyota has been announcing these unicorns for a decade. They’ve been foot dragging on EVs and their BZ4X is a turd they can’t even give away.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 11:38:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A normal IC engine car or truck can be expected to go 150-200k miles with maintenance, and a solid chance at a lot more.

A significant improvement over ten years ago.

Electric car battery longevity concerns are very real.
View Quote

My Tesla has a 8 year 150k warranty.

I doubt I’ll need it. It runs low 11s
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top