Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
5$ more than I get
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I work for a fortune 200 and get nothing. Hell, my yearly raise was 8 cents, and they wonder why they can’t keep employees.

I’d take a free cup of coffee.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#4]
A lot of you seem to take pride in working for shitty companies.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A bonus shouldn't be expected, but why even bother to give out $5 cards ? Just do nothing.
View Quote

A bonus might be a contractual obligation.  But that doesn't address the gift card nonsense.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#6]
What is this free money shit you are talking about? Haven’t had a bonus for 22 years. My profession just gives bad knees, bad back, Gun shot wounds, stab wounds and the occasional broken bone all year long. Forgot to add ungrateful folks, rioters trying to kill you and a divorce rate Henry the VIII would envy!
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#7]
my employer this year offered a 500 dollar per month perfect attendance bonus, 2000-dollar bonus if you only miss 2 days the entire year, holiday bonus based on time of service and current pay rate.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

From a strictly mercenary standpoint. Anyone who wastes time with an employer after the training for the position ends is an idiot.
How foolish do you need to be to invest time in a company that's just using you up?

One of my coworkers has never spent more than 18 months with anyone because he literally lives that.
The final irony is that he has less experience than me. Is younger than me. Holds the same title as me. Plus makes more money than me.
So , guess you're both right.
View Quote

Hopefully it'll be the slap in the face that employee needed to quit wasting their time at Aero and find something better.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They are looking ahead at the next two years and foreseeing much lower sales and downward pressure on prices.
View Quote

Probably looking ahead at the inevidble AW ban coming from Oly this Jan

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I've worked for a few shitty companies over the years. A $5 gift card is a fucking slap in the face. You bust your ass for that place. Watch the CEO go on safaris (previous job I had), sit in a room with hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and never take a dime. Watch all the CEOs and big wigs get massive bonuses, new cars, new homes etc. You get 5 fucking dollars. Every once in a while your boss throws a pizza party to boost morale. Save that money and use it for a raise.

I was raised to think that a $5.00 gift card is better than nothing. Now I look back and realize it's nothing more than a slap in the face.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Am i supposed to care what a company pays its employees?
Perhaps the .gov should mandate bonuses for the proletariat?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My company gives out $30 gift cards for Christmas and they take in billions a year.  Never once thought to cry about it on Reddit.  I thought $30 was pretty nice actually.
View Quote

Seriously? There are standard corporate norms along with historical precedent
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My company gives out $30 gift cards for Christmas and they take in billions a year.  Never once thought to cry about it on Reddit.  I thought $30 was pretty nice actually.

I dont get this beat dog mentality.  I want a piece of whatever company I work for and I am going to negotiate, ask, and fight for it. This idea of "be thankful you have a job" is just stupid. If I am a productive employee, I want the most I can get out of my contribution to the company.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I usually get a turkey or a ham from work but ...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#15]
The only Christmas bonus I ever received was when I worked in a service station in 1969 and 1970 while in high school.

Not from the owner.  The bonus was from the downtown auto parts store owner who walked to all 3 service stations in downtown St. Marys Ohio handing out apples and a shot of bourbon to all of us high schoolers that worked at the stations.  Times were different then.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A bonus shouldn't be expected, but why even bother to give out $5 cards ? Just do nothing.
View Quote

I still have my $20 bonus check from 1999.  I don't have it framed but I kept it as a reminder of what not to do when I got to make those decisions.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#17]
My union gives me a gift card. My company gives me a $20 voucher to their store for a blanket or mug that's not dishwasher safe.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Color me skeptical of anything on r/antiwork

If true, though, that's a bummer.  I like my aero upper and it'll be a bummer to have to cut it in half
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Have aero call me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
i bet they'red taxed on that gift card.
View Quote

I doubt it. Too small to worry about it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What is this free money shit you are talking about? Haven’t had a bonus for 22 years. My profession just gives bad knees, bad back, Gun shot wounds, stab wounds and the occasional broken bone all year long. Forgot to add ungrateful folks, rioters trying to kill you and a divorce rate Henry the VIII would envy!
View Quote

Sounds like you should work for Aero.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A lot of you seem to take pride in working for shitty companies.
View Quote

That’s basically written into the CoC, dontcha know?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Revenue - Operating expenses (including debt service) = profit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Record profits but how much debt do they have?

No, I am not reading reddit.

Revenue - Operating expenses (including debt service) = profit.

Is Aero a public company - how do people come by company financial information?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:23:55 PM EDT
[#24]
So....now we have to get rid of all our Aero stuff? Damn.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
my employer this year offered a 500 dollar per month perfect attendance bonus, 2000-dollar bonus if you only miss 2 days the entire year, holiday bonus based on time of service and current pay rate.
View Quote

Does that mean no vacation/PTO taken, or just no sick days or random call outs?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow, what a sad thread this is.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#27]
PSA effect:  They lowered the profit margins so much, that everyone in the industry suffers.

Plus, they flooded the market so much, that revenue will be suppressed for a decade.    

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#28]
ITT - entitlement mindset. If it's not in you're pay structure, it's a gift. You don't get to whine when you don't get a fucking gift.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Technically, our bonus isn't guaranteed, but we have been fortunate enough to receive it every year since before I've been here, and I've been here 25 years.

However the bonus was factored into my last salary negotiation, so because of that, I now expect it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Rest assured that people in your company are getting nice fat Christmas bonuses. Just not you, you get your $30 and you like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rest assured that people in your company are getting nice fat Christmas bonuses. Just not you, you get your $30 and you like it.

I get that.  I'm not in a position to get one.  Either is the OP of the Reddit post I would imagine.

Edit:  I'm sure management are getting a bonus at Aero.  I'd bet a $5 gift card this is a low level employee complaint.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some get a VCR.  Some get a towel.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Now read the workforce participation thread and ask yourself….”Is it even worth it.”
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Some of you really need to spend more time pooping on the company dime.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My bonus is gonna be pretty fucking awesome this year, even prorated at 10 months. Why are some of you bragging about low or no bonuses?
View Quote

those are the people who don't think selling your labor is capitalism, for some crazy ass reason
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime…
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:48:01 PM EDT
[#36]
$5 will that even buy a MF Latte?
Damn poors! I just spent $20 on a fine cigar not even counting the Dragon milk stouts I had.
Merica I tell you what done gone down the crapper.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
"They don't call me 007 at work for nothing"
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#38]
This is some commie shit. Who cares what their profits were or weren't?

If you don't like how you are treated at Aero, go work somewhere else.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've worked for a few shitty companies over the years. A $5 gift card is a fucking slap in the face. You bust your ass for that place. Watch the CEO go on safaris (previous job I had), sit in a room with hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and never take a dime. Watch all the CEOs and big wigs get massive bonuses, new cars, new homes etc. You get 5 fucking dollars. Every once in a while your boss throws a pizza party to boost morale. Save that money and use it for a raise.

I was raised to think that a $5.00 gift card is better than nothing. Now I look back and realize it's nothing more than a slap in the face.
View Quote

Unless you have an employment contract with a clause that says you will get a bonus, you are trading your labor for their wage. That's it. Everything else is you get is a bonus. If you're not happy with the terms of the contract (trading labor for wage) then renegotiate by asking for a bonus, asking for a raise, getting a promotion, or seeking employment elsewhere. It sounds like you are jealous that your boss flaunts his wealth. If you want that then go get it. Start your own business offering a demand that's in short supply then you too can flaunt your wealth.

For the record I've only ever received one Christmas bonus in my life. Just one. It was from a mom and pop shop I worked at about 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are looking ahead at the next two years and foreseeing much lower sales and downward pressure on prices.

Monday we will know what they are planning.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#42]
I bought a suppressor with my bonus last year.

told the CEO, he laughed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#43]
With all of the quality control issues of their dog shit barrels, I wouldn’t want to give their employees any rewards either.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What's the t rex joke?
View Quote

Well, they hired t rexs to work there and due to their short arms, are not very good at their job, quality went to hell
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Last year.

AirPods PRO
$400 Roomba
Bottle of eagle rare

This year.

Jack. Shit.

Well one of my employees bought me some very good hot sauce. Times change..
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#46]
No bonus, no party here either. I would take a gift card!
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#47]
What's a bonus?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#48]
This is how capitalism works .
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Record profits but how much debt do they have?

No, I am not reading reddit.
View Quote

PROFITS, bro. Profits.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What's the t rex joke?
View Quote

After their review below that went viral including a lengthy response from Aero on it.  The review was less than flattering.  

Trex Arms Aero M5 AR10 Review
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top