User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
$5.  Doesn’t pass the sniff test.  A cup of coffee?  GTFO
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a fruit basket once. Most seemed fresh but the orange was a little dry as far as oranges go. Might have just been the variety or the weather that year.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
GD and the reddit antiwork folks ain't all that dissimilar. Lol.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The first professional firm I worked for cut the Christmas bonus the year I was there.  They used to give a frozen turkey, but changed it to a Randals gift card due to turkey prices that year.  Nobody starved that year, but there were people who had planned on that Turkey...

I did not get a bonus from the second professional company.  The third - IIRC gave me the same bonus for the next 20+ years (abet inflation probably made it worth a bit less from the beginning to the end.  We were salaried, plus an annual bonus based loosely on strait time OT.  I suspect the Christmas bonus was simply an advance of that (and not a huge one).  For a few years, we had a matching retirement plan - so I did not take some December paychecks to hit my max contribution (was easier to determine max contribution near year end - hell I think I even wrote them checks one year because my December pay checks were not enough to max).
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd take it.  It's better than any bonus I've recieved where I currently work.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

After their review below that went viral including a lengthy response from Aero on it.  The review was less than flattering.  

Trex Arms Aero M5 AR10 Review
View Quote

The only thing Aero makes that’s good is their M4E1 receivers. Not surprised at all.

And holy shit. How can anyone stand to listen to that guys voice. That dude has to be a virgin.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Starbucks?  Why don't they just donate 5 bucks to the DNC in their name.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I doubt Aero had record profit this year. I'm an Aero dealer and you can usually tell how they (and other manufacturers are doing) by their sales promotions. In 2020 they and other manufacturers didn't put anything on sale, barely even sent out emails, because they either weren't having problems selling stuff or they didn't have the inventory to sell. This year Aero sends out a new sales promotion about everyday, sometimes on the weekends too. A slowing of sales matches what every gun store in my area is saying as well. Other than that I don't have insider knowledge, but I have a hard time believing they had record profits this year.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#9]
AeRo bEtTeR eXpLaIn tHeMsElVeS

Fucking liberal dweebs
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I doubt it. Too small to worry about it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i bet they'red taxed on that gift card.

I doubt it. Too small to worry about it.

Horse crap. Got a $15 holiday bonus years ago. Take home was 8 bucks and change.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#11]
The company that my MIL works for cancelled bonuses this year, last week. Usually performance based and they had record profits.

She has been going back and forth about retiring and I think she done now. Matter of fact she hopes they fire her as she bought the bosses jelley of the month as a F U
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The company that my MIL works for cancelled bonuses this year, last week. Usually performance based and they had record profits.

She has been going back and forth about retiring and I think she done now. Matter of fact she hopes they fire her as she bought the bosses jelley of the month as a F U
View Quote

“Your MIL is a liberal COMMIE!” - GD
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Based on today's GD threads, they should have handed out cans of Chef Boyrdee and everyone would have been happy
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A bonus shouldn't be expected, but why even bother to give out $5 cards ? Just do nothing.
View Quote

This. I worked for a large hospital in Fl for many years. Back when we still got pay stubs, one of the December stubs always had "Holiday Bonus Inside" in big letters. It was fucking $10. Pissed me off every year.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#15]
My one and only Christmas bonus was in 1984 hanging sheetrock. I think it was 15 bucks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#16]
If my item cost $4 to make and I sell it for $10 I make $6 profit.

If my item now costs $8 to make and I sell it for $13 I now have “Record sales” and a $5 profit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It’s T-Rex Arms Fault
View Quote

Kek this, also Aero is a tranny company

DANIEL DEFENSE ALL THE WAYYYY
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My company gives out $30 gift cards for Christmas and they take in billions a year.  Never once thought to cry about it on Reddit.  I thought $30 was pretty nice actually.
View Quote

First off, what profits do they make?

Second, 30 bucks is shit
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't wait to get my Christmas Bonus(tm) next week. I hope this year it's the good gingerbread cookie like they had a couple years ago, not the shitty sugar cookie they had last year.

My wife gets $27() for a ham, turkey, fruits and vegetables good at any supermarket.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My bonus is gonna be pretty fucking awesome this year, even prorated at 10 months. Why are some of you bragging about low or no bonuses?
View Quote

Because "I also work for assholes" is a flex to boomers who think taking a bigger dick up the ass is a bragging right.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I actually love this. I want to see controversy firestorms around companies underpaying their workers, instead of "CEO make mean racist speech, plz fire him". Being called names never hurt anybody-- families getting fucked because mommy and daddy don't make enough money tangibly hurts far more people than any slur ever could.

But which one gets the twitter mob going? Now ask yourself why that is, and who controls the narrative of what its appropriate for people to be upset about? Ask yourself why that is, and why you, reading this, might even be thinking "well thats different, people aren't magically entitled to anything"?

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#22]
We made hundreds of millions of dollars at my plant this year.

We'll get nothing.  LOL.  Raise was decent this year, we'll see what the new owners do next year.  Honestly, the only thing that I really want is for us to all receive personalized coffee mugs for the control center/shelter so the gross chick stops using mine.  I don't give a shit if my friends use mine as long as they wash it, but damn, I'd have to hit it with a steam hose if I want it clean after that girl.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Second, 30 bucks is shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My company gives out $30 gift cards for Christmas and they take in billions a year.  Never once thought to cry about it on Reddit.  I thought $30 was pretty nice actually.

Second, 30 bucks is shit

It will probably be over 1 billion this year.  I should have edited my first post to say I'm not in a bonus position.  My theory is neither is the drama queen posting on Reddit.  $30 is pretty good for a company with thousands of non-salaried positions.  I'm guessing the Reddit poster is the equivelent of me bitching about $30.  I could be wrong though.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I dont get this beat dog mentality.  I want a piece of whatever company I work for and I am going to negotiate, ask, and fight for it. This idea of "be thankful you have a job" is just stupid. If I am a productive employee, I want the most I can get out of my contribution to the company.
View Quote

you're goddamn right
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What's the t rex joke?
View Quote

It's always T-Rex fault. But not really.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Never ever in life ever once received a "christmas bonus"

so waaaaaah
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Woman in Full Length Fur Coat National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation American Movie with Woman in Fur
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A bonus shouldn't be expected, but why even bother to give out $5 cards ? Just do nothing.
View Quote

My last job gave me a $20 gift card to Cracker Barrel…. 20 years of service…. I quit the next month and have been living the dream ever since
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Record income or record profits?

Besides, a bonus is a gift and not an entitlement.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't even get a Xmas bonus.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Shitty look if confirmed. Reddit Link

https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/zoaw86/aero_precision_has_record_profits_and_rewards_its/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
View Quote

Looks like the reddit OP deleted his name on the reddit thread. Here's a screenshot for posterity. Hopefully Aero can root out the rot before it takes over.

Attachment Attached File

On the antiwork forum there, there are lots of gun owners it looks. The sheer amount of armed leftists seems to be growing [alarmingly]...
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#32]
25 years in the military we never got a Christmas bonus.

Except for being in Afghanistan and got some yummy Hot chow.

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Employees get taxed on it too.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I work for a multi billion dollar company and get a case of culled ass ribbon or paper towels for Christmas from them
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#35]
My bonuses were not getting laid off just in time for Christmas as happens to so many other poor folks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#36]
kinda shitty but anyone on r/antiwork deserves worse

hope aero fires that commie fruit
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I've never gotten a Christmas bonus..........I thought the idea of a "bonus" was that is was......a bonus....

I think when folks PLAN on the bonus, is where the problem is........sounds like this problem exists more with the employee than the employer.....

Is your "bonus" in your employee contract....Is it part of your salary........I doubt it........lets stop expecting free $$$$$$.....that is what the LEFT does......

Pretty soon folks are going to want "Bonus reparations"......
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#38]
I get nothing.

I even have to take vacation when they shut down for a week.

LOL
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#39]
99% of people don’t understand cash flow.

When people say record profits they usually mean record sales. What happens if you had a 10% increase in sales but 20% increase on cost of goods sold, and know next year is going to be a huge turn down in sales?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
99% of people don’t understand cash flow.
View Quote

.......or they just don't have the capacity to think be beyond their own situation and wants.......
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#41]
No biggie, I had an employer who once gave us a $5.00 discount coupon towards the purchase of a turkey for Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This is some commie shit. Who cares what their profits were or weren't?

If you don't like how you are treated at Aero, go work somewhere else.
View Quote

That’s a stupid take.

You can’t preemptively determine how you are treated.

If you’ve worked for a place that historically has given out bonuses and one year they switch it last minute for a $5 gift card, you’ve every right to be upset.

If you’re in a managerial position and know you won’t be giving out bonuses, you should preemptively let it be known among your employees so they can make other arrangements.

As someone who has to deal with the other side of this, I view not giving bonuses the same way I view not paying payroll. That is an absolute worst case scenario.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Why are the commies on Reddit expecting anything for Christmas anyway?  Isn’t that a Christian holiday?

Their potato and vodka ration has been increased this year by -20%.

Back to work, comrade.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Because "I also work for assholes" is a flex to boomers who think taking a bigger dick up the ass is a bragging right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My bonus is gonna be pretty fucking awesome this year, even prorated at 10 months. Why are some of you bragging about low or no bonuses?

It’s a fetish for humiliation and exploitation combined with resentment that they aren’t in a better spot in life or their career.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#45]
next
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#46]
We had a good year. We gave our journeymen $500 and the foremen $1,000

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#47]
It takes a pretty entitled mother fucker to bitch about getting free stuff.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you’ve worked for a place that historically has given out bonuses and one year they switch it last minute for a $5 gift card, you’ve every right to be upset.

If you’re in a managerial position and know you won’t be giving out bonuses, you should preemptively let it be known among your employees so they can make other arrangements.

As someone who has to deal with the other side of this, I view not giving bonuses the same way I view not paying payroll. That is an absolute worst case scenario.
View Quote

I understand what you are saying but I think there is a fine line to be considered here:

IF a "bonus" is expected without question by the employee or employer:  Then you are not giving a "Bonus"....you are giving them the last portion of their salary or pay for the year........

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've never gotten a Christmas bonus..........I thought the idea of a "bonus" was that is was......a bonus....

I think when folks PLAN on the bonus, is where the problem is........sounds like this problem exists more with the employee than the employer.....

Is your "bonus" in your employee contract....Is it part of your salary........I doubt it........lets stop expecting free $$$$$$.....that is what the LEFT does......

Pretty soon folks are going to want "Bonus reparations"......
View Quote

The problem is caused by the employer not the employee.

They set the expectations and conditions of the working environment. Culture comes from the top.

People get upset when those change unexpectedly or without warning.

If you are not comfortable with your ability to provide your employees a Christmas Bonus, do not do so in the first place, or do so in a reasonable and sustainable manner.

The problem with a Christmas bonus is that it comes every year, and is touted in the spirit of giving. This is substantively different than an end of year bonus or a performance bonus, and it should be known that is the case.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I understand what you are saying but I think there is a fine line to be considered here:

IF a "bonus" is expected without question by the employee or employer:  Then you are not giving a "Bonus"....you are giving them the last portion of their salary or pay for the year........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where I disagree is that this is framed as a Christmas Bonus.

Gifts are expected on Christmas, yet they are still gifts.

Depending on the segment of the industry, Christmas Bonuses are also seen as an offset to the typically higher output required during the last two months of the year.

Employees just show up to work. It’s up to leadership and management to create the environment. If there’s a failure in the environment I don’t blame the employees.

Tone at the top.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top