Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aero knows the bottom is falling out of the gun market.
View Quote

The bottom is falling out of just about everything
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Jelly of the month club would be better.
View Quote

At least that gift gives all year long
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Companies do Christmas bonuses?
View Quote

I give the girls $1500 each.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The level of entitlement that some people feel gets absolutely insane. But I still think it’s an important thing for employees, as holidays are super expensive, and it can help with travel, gifts, etc.
View Quote

No sympathy here
It's a known annual expense
That's what a Christmas Club savings account is for
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
It is hard to get too worked up without more details.  
That said some of yall are pathetic for bragging how your company treats you like shit.  A promised bonus canceled at the last minute despite high (actual) profits is pretty shitty and disrespectful to your workers.  I would be looking for new work.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#7]
The discount they give employees is better than a bonus.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No sympathy here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The level of entitlement that some people feel gets absolutely insane. But I still think it’s an important thing for employees, as holidays are super expensive, and it can help with travel, gifts, etc.

No sympathy here

You don’t have to have sympathies for those who work under you.

But not having them just makes you a shitty leader.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"antiwork"
A subreddit for those who want to end work, are curious about ending work, want to get the most out of a work-free life, want more information on anti-work ideas and want personal help with their own jobs/work-related struggles.

If true, the biggest problem Aero has is that they employ an open communist in some capacity.
View Quote

That’s not even communism.  Even commies have to work.  Antiwork is really just bottom feeding scum.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Yes officer, it seems my husband, the president of Aero, been abducted. The man was, was wearing a blue leisure suit. Plates were from Kansas. He was a huge, beastly, bulging man.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

My comment was in response to the talking point that a bonus is needed for Christmas expenses. Those expenses are well known. Some of us work in fields where we've never gotten a bonus. We cover those expenses by saving throughout the year. I'm pretty sure everyone else is capable of doing the same
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Who says they had record profits?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:19:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My comment was in response to the talking point that a bonus is needed for Christmas expenses. Those expenses are well known. Some of us work in fields where we've never gotten a bonus. We cover those expenses by saving throughout the year. I'm pretty sure everyone else is capable of doing the same
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need is an interesting word to choose.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
On top of the gift card they also got an aero branded Christmas ornament, that's pretty cool.

If you’re expecting a Christmas bonus to pay your rent you need to reevaluate your expectations.

It looks like a nice gesture to me, and I’d be willing to be Aero has some pretty cool year around benefits from what I’ve seen.

**I’ll happily take Aero ornaments from any whiney and entitled employees that don't want them.
View Quote

And on top of that we also got a catered dinner to go along with a chance to win some pretty good prizes which wasn’t mentioned on the Reddit post. The discount we get as employees is one of the best benefits, you’d be shocked if you knew how great the discount is. If I can find an extra ornament I’ll be sure to message you and send you one.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#16]
The amount of people here who gobble corporate cock even at their own expense is truly amazing. The owner of my company is one of the richest people on earth, I take every advantage I can.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Past job got a gift certificate for a frozen turkey. Found out later that supervisors normally got 5 to 10 grand bonuses for Christmas, whilst we were being told that there just wasn't any money for cash bonuses. Current job usually get 3 to 5 hundred dollar bonuses as they plan and budget for them. They set up an account and contribute to it through the year and earn interest on the money. This year we got less than usual and the company had to get the board to approve extra money to make the bonuses work, because in our CEO's words, the current president sucks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I’m sending my Aeros to benchmade.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And on top of that we also got a catered dinner to go along with a chance to win some pretty good prizes which wasn’t mentioned on the Reddit post. The discount we get as employees is one of the best benefits, you’d be shocked if you knew how great the discount is. If I can find an extra ornament I’ll be sure to message you and send you one.
View Quote

There is always more to the story. I’ve met two Aero employees that had nothing but positive things to say about the company.

If a monetary bonus was actually promised I can understand a little disappointment. However, having a job that I enjoy is way  more important. Hopefully the higher ups are making these decisions with everyone's best interest in mind and the foresight to ensure stability for the future (which we all suspect will be very turbulent for the industry)

Thanks, that would be pretty cool
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't get one at all so I really don't care.
View Quote
we are having a company christmas party for the first time in 3 years. havent had a christmas bonus in probably over 20 years. one place did give us a 100$ visa gift card.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The amount of people here who gobble corporate cock even at their own expense is truly amazing. The owner of my company is one of the richest people on earth, I take every advantage I can.
View Quote

That's great, but we’re not talking about an S&P 500 company. We’re talking about Aero, a relatively small firearms company that has done a lot of good for the cause.

If you work for Bezos, Gates, the Sacklers, or any other behemoth of a company, fine, do your thing. They certainly can afford it and have no problem exploiting you.
But I wouldn't exactly put Aero in this group.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you get a Christmas bonus? Is it generous? If you didn’t get it, what would you do?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, it’s a sign of pride to work for shitty people who don’t take care of their employees.

It’s the oppression Olympics.

Rockefeller really did a number on the older crowd.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’m sending my Aeros to benchmade.
View Quote

Sheeyit, send ‘em to me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A bonus shouldn't be expected, but why even bother to give out $5 cards ? Just do nothing.
View Quote

This.
If that's all they can afford, then Aero Precision needs it more than the employees do.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A bonus shouldn't be expected, but why even bother to give out $5 cards ? Just do nothing.
View Quote

$5 at Starbucks probably gets you jackshit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#27]
@JLPettimoreIII @WhiskersTheCat

The MBAs must stop being tone deaf retards.

Doing the gaming > Doing the MBA
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
But did they have to come in for a meeting to collect their ornament and gift card while on vacation?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:05:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

From a strictly mercenary standpoint. Anyone who wastes time with an employer after the training for the position ends is an idiot.
How foolish do you need to be to invest time in a company that's just using you up?

One of my coworkers has never spent more than 18 months with anyone because he literally lives that.
The final irony is that he has less experience than me. Is younger than me. Holds the same title as me. Plus makes more money than me.
So , guess you're both right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While I would agree a Starbucks gift card is a crappy bonus, it's still better than nothing and they're free to find employment elsewhere.

From a strictly mercenary standpoint. Anyone who wastes time with an employer after the training for the position ends is an idiot.
How foolish do you need to be to invest time in a company that's just using you up?

One of my coworkers has never spent more than 18 months with anyone because he literally lives that.
The final irony is that he has less experience than me. Is younger than me. Holds the same title as me. Plus makes more money than me.
So , guess you're both right.

based
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:12:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Because "I also work for assholes" is a flex to boomers who think taking a bigger dick up the ass is a bragging right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My bonus is gonna be pretty fucking awesome this year, even prorated at 10 months. Why are some of you bragging about low or no bonuses?

Because "I also work for assholes" is a flex to boomers who think taking a bigger dick up the ass is a bragging right.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#32]
How did this thread become a soap box for you sad guys to be "bonus, I just git extra work. I hate my company"? Then get better jobs! Fuck. Yall sound like a bunch of broken union workers who have been told this is the best you can do. Grow a sack, get out there, and find something better.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Agree.  If I was making the decisions, I’d NEVER give a Christmas bonus, or any other holiday/seasonal company wide bonus.

What starts as literally an above and beyond gift, becomes an entitlement.

So poor decision making on AeroPrevision in the first place.
View Quote

Nice way to share in the successes of the company.   Glad the decision makers and owner of the company I work for doesnt have that philosophy.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I actually love this. I want to see controversy firestorms around companies underpaying their workers, instead of "CEO make mean racist speech, plz fire him". Being called names never hurt anybody-- families getting fucked because mommy and daddy don't make enough money tangibly hurts far more people than any slur ever could.

But which one gets the twitter mob going? Now ask yourself why that is, and who controls the narrative of what its appropriate for people to be upset about? Ask yourself why that is, and why you, reading this, might even be thinking "well thats different, people aren't magically entitled to anything"?

View Quote

@BigBurkeyBoy

Google Trends: Occupy Wall Street and BLM
Purely coincidental of course. Ignore how many corporations donated to BLM during/after the "fiery but mostly peaceful" riots of 2020.

Attachment Attached File

Or those recent leaks from Amazon during one of the unionization pushes: Amazon loves diversity because it helps them against unionization.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
@JLPettimoreIII @WhiskersTheCat

The MBAs must stop being tone deaf retards.

Doing the gaming > Doing the MBA
View Quote
are these MBAs millennials/Zoomers who've never tasted their own blood and/or starved?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Looks like the reddit OP deleted his name on the reddit thread. Here's a screenshot for posterity. Hopefully Aero can root out the rot before it takes over.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/374912/Screenshot_20221217-134605_Reddit_jpg-2638823.JPG

On the antiwork forum there, there are lots of gun owners it looks. The sheer amount of armed leftists seems to be growing [alarmingly]...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shitty look if confirmed. Reddit Link

https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/zoaw86/aero_precision_has_record_profits_and_rewards_its/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Looks like the reddit OP deleted his name on the reddit thread. Here's a screenshot for posterity. Hopefully Aero can root out the rot before it takes over.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/374912/Screenshot_20221217-134605_Reddit_jpg-2638823.JPG

On the antiwork forum there, there are lots of gun owners it looks. The sheer amount of armed leftists seems to be growing [alarmingly]...

The guns aren't magical huh.

Who would have though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#37]
I wouldn't be surprised if Aero checks post history of the dude that posted that shit, checks the web browsers of the computers in house, and fires him.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#38]
5 dollars more then I get.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:23:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
25 years in the military we never got a Christmas bonus.

Except for being in Afghanistan and got some yummy Hot chow.

View Quote

which modern military receives Xmas bonuses?

there's plenty of precedence for corporations giving Xmas bonuses...
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No, it’s a sign of pride to work for shitty people who don’t take care of their employees.

View Quote

I am tempted to quote reply each and every single one of them and say "And that's a problem"
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:25:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

which modern military receives Xmas bonuses?

there's plenty of precedence for corporations giving Xmas bonuses...
View Quote

Yeah thats not a flex "Oh wow the Army fucked me" Yeah and? You're talking about an institution that can send you to charge a bunker simply because its a distraction.

Let's set the bar just a lil bit higher for private companies that aren't allowed to send you to your death.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

>humans are calculating robots that conduct themselves off of strictly agreed upon contracts and any emotional response that does not align with prior contracts is bad

Your brain has been corrupted by both liberalism and corporatism and you’re too brain rotted to even realize it.

Not only that, but unless you’re directly responsible for ensuring employees get things like bonuses, I could really give a fuck about your opinion and it is highly irrelevant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s a stupid take.

You can’t preemptively determine how you are treated.

If you’ve worked for a place that historically has given out bonuses and one year they switch it last minute for a $5 gift card, you’ve every right to be upset.

If you’re in a managerial position and know you won’t be giving out bonuses, you should preemptively let it be known among your employees so they can make other arrangements.

As someone who has to deal with the other side of this, I view not giving bonuses the same way I view not paying payroll. That is an absolute worst case scenario.

Your first statement literally contradicts everything that follows, along with being stupid and incorrect.  

You can't preemptively determine how you're treated, but if you preemptively assume that you're getting the bonus you got last year and you don't, you have a right to be pissed.

And you can preemptively determine how you're going to be treated. It's called reading your employment contract. Does it include a written promise of a Christmas bonus? No? Then I guess you can thank your lucky stars when you get one.

How does Bernie's fumunda cheese taste anyway?

>humans are calculating robots that conduct themselves off of strictly agreed upon contracts and any emotional response that does not align with prior contracts is bad

Your brain has been corrupted by both liberalism and corporatism and you’re too brain rotted to even realize it.

Not only that, but unless you’re directly responsible for ensuring employees get things like bonuses, I could really give a fuck about your opinion and it is highly irrelevant.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:28:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@BigBurkeyBoy

Google Trends: Occupy Wall Street and BLM
Purely coincidental of course. Ignore how many corporations donated to BLM during/after the "fiery but mostly peaceful" riots of 2020.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/yQOEgRw-67.gif

Or those recent leaks from Amazon during one of the unionization pushes: Amazon loves diversity because it helps them against unionization.
View Quote

Yuppppp

A lot easier to wave a pride flag or take a knee than pay people a living wage. Its no coincidence Trayvon and all the focus on armed urban youths getting shot by le evil whyte men started right about the time the bankers started panicking for their own fucking throats.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Payroll mistakes are always the worst.

In my experience employees always assume the worst and think it was intentional, and not a case of an errant keystroke or simple mistake of accounting.

Of everything I’ve ever done in a business, payroll was always the most stressful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
At one employer they handed out gift cards in values from $30 to $100 depending on some factors like prefect attendance, etc.

The following year the value of those gift cards was reported on our W2 as required by the IRS. People were losing their minds.

Unfortunately that’s the IRS for you. Muh cash equivalent.

Fucking feds.

Talk about losing their minds, we gave out a few 100$ gift cards to a few people last month that really went beyond what they were asked to do, lol HR messed up, not only did they take the taxes out of their next paycheck (everyone knew this rule already) but they mistakenly took the whole 100$ plus taxes, one poor guy also had his boot allowance come out of his check as well lol, they all got it back on their next pay period, but still it sucked for them.

Payroll mistakes are always the worst.

In my experience employees always assume the worst and think it was intentional, and not a case of an errant keystroke or simple mistake of accounting.

Of everything I’ve ever done in a business, payroll was always the most stressful.

Literally quit a job because of a payroll mistake that cost me almost 2k

The retarded boomer owner asked me if I was quitting because of the money.

Given the fact he was a retarded boomer I didn't bother saying anything. It's not like he was going to learn anything from what I was going to say.

I hope that cunt dies penniless in a gutter.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
5 dollars more then I get.
View Quote

Then why are you still there? I got a $50 gift card from a subcontractor. I will get and 8% bonus and a 10% raise. Stop working for people who don't care about you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

That person didn't get there by being a boundary-less bitch.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"my feudal lord fucks me over harder than your feudal lord"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It is hard to get too worked up without more details.  
That said some of yall are pathetic for bragging how your company treats you like shit.  A promised bonus canceled at the last minute despite high (actual) profits is pretty shitty and disrespectful to your workers.  I would be looking for new work.
View Quote

Making it through a recession requires capital, high profits one year don’t ensure survival the next unless your reinvesting.  We made it through covid and the 2008 recession with no layoffs because the bosses banked the profits.  Pays to project and it preserves jobs. Would suck to get yer bonus and then get layed off first quarter, wouldn’t it?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
"antiwork"
A subreddit for those who want to end work, are curious about ending work, want to get the most out of a work-free life, want more information on anti-work ideas and want personal help with their own jobs/work-related struggles.

If true, the biggest problem Aero has is that they employ an open communist in some capacity.
View Quote

Those mother fuckers are cancer.  Fox News did an interview with a mod over there and it was exactly how you think.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:39:45 PM EDT
[#50]
We gave $100 for each year worked.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top