Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Our 2019 has been fantastic hauling the boys around to practice in snow, ice, and have driven cross country twice. Easy to work on as well
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 12:44:10 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want to make a trip to Billings Montana. Not mine,just noticed it tonight while checking to see what was out there for used 3/4 or 1 ton trucks.

https://greatfalls.craigslist.org/cto/d/great-falls-2020-nissan-armada-4wd/7590670590.html

Link Posted: 2/19/2023 12:44:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I’d be all in except the crash ratings suck
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 1:00:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want to make a trip to Billings Montana. Not mine,just noticed it tonight while checking to see what was out there for used 3/4 or 1 ton trucks.

https://greatfalls.craigslist.org/cto/d/great-falls-2020-nissan-armada-4wd/7590670590.html

View Quote

That is completely normal price for one that's usually what they go for around me
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 1:01:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I’d be all in except the crash ratings suck
View Quote

It's because its a design that dates back to 2010
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 1:24:15 AM EDT
[#6]
It is shocking people still buy Nissans.  Consumer reports did a Top 10 models that are most likely to need a transmission replacement, and 6 of the top 10 were Nissan/Infinity.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 1:27:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not a chance. What are you smoking/drinking?
View Quote

He is nuts when it comes to Nissans.  He was shitting on Toyota/Lexus and the GX460 (arguably one of the most reliable vehicles and brands) and pushing a shitty QX60 with a CVT yesterday.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 2:32:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He is nuts when it comes to Nissans.  He was shitting on Toyota/Lexus and the GX460 (arguably one of the most reliable vehicles and brands) and pushing a shitty QX60 with a CVT yesterday.  
View Quote

I’m fond of the Armada, but the Pathfinder/QX60 with the CVT are cold garbage.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 2:48:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Rented a new Armada last year for a long distance drive. It was a really comfortable ride. Comfortable seating. Powertrain was responsive. Great view of the road. The only issue was electrical. As I was driving through VA, the radio shut off twice. It came back though. Wouldn’t mind owning one.
Oh and I slept In it overnight like a baby with just a pillow.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 3:09:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I think I drove the infinity version as a rental car. It was huge and looking out over the hood felt like I was at the edge of a cliff. I recall not being impressed with the pedal response.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 3:15:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It is shocking people still buy Nissans.  Consumer reports did a Top 10 models that are most likely to need a transmission replacement, and 6 of the top 10 were Nissan/Infinity.
View Quote

The CVTs were trash. The truck transmissions have been pretty decent.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 3:33:54 AM EDT
[#12]
We bought a 2005 armada with 100k miles on it.

Wife drove it for 10 years and put her own 100k on it.

The legit only thing we ever had to fix was we had to replace a front drive line u-joint.

That was it.  Period.  

It was a thirsty bugger.

We gave it to her brother’s family and they still drive it to this day.

Link Posted: 2/19/2023 3:33:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember that discussion, I dont know what to say for sure....there is no way in the world you can tell me any Nissan and Infinity is better than a Toyota or Lexus.  I have a 2020 Landcruiser and 2022 4Runner and these are by far the finest vehicles I have ever owned and have been owning vehicles since 1974.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 3:43:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
V8 400 horsepower 6,000 pound vehicle body on frame truck 0-60 mph 5.9 seconds, tow rating of 8,500 lbs 4wd. All mechanical issues worked out by the 2020 model year yet way cheaper than 2021s because that's when they did a model update.11inches of ground clearance after you remove the factory running boards and can fit 35s without a lift kit with no rubbing. Thease can easily be had for $30-35k on the used market while a comparable used Tahoe is still 45-50k

Huge value for $ in today's market
View Quote

Huge gas hog. Friend had one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 3:57:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I remember that discussion, I dont know what to say for sure....there is no way in the world you can tell me any Nissan and Infinity is better than a Toyota or Lexus.  I have a 2020 Landcruiser and 2022 4Runner and these are by far the finest vehicles I have ever owned and have been owning vehicles since 1974.
View Quote

I mean, I understand where they are coming from, I just vehemently disagree.  No Toyota or Lexus is going to have the newest features or the most powerful engine or will be the most exciting vehicle in its class.  What they have is rock solid reliability.  Some people value having the newest tech.  I value never worrying about if my 270,000 mile GX470 can make a 22 hour, 1300 mile drive from VA to IN and back in a day cause there was a cute puppy for sale there that I wanted.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 4:10:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I mean, I understand where they are coming from, I just vehemently disagree.  No Toyota or Lexus is going to have the newest features or the most powerful engine or will be the most exciting vehicle in its class.  What they have is rock solid reliability.  Some people value having the newest tech.  I value never worrying about if my 270,000 mile GX470 can make a 22 hour, 1300 mile drive from VA to IN and back in a day cause there was a cute puppy for sale there that I wanted.
View Quote

My sisters husband has a 2006 Tundra that is well over 400K miles on it and he does not think twice about jumping in it and driving from Baton Rouge to Atlanta to visit his daughter.  My sisters Lexus ES350 has 260K on it and going strong.  I sold a 1996 Toyota T100 with 285K and had the original rear brake shoes
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 4:18:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Some damn good long lasting vehicles right here and sometimes thats more important than gas mileage.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 4:22:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What is this bull crap about Nissans having issues especially electrical ones

They are solid much better than any shit the big three make

View Quote

I think nissan gets hate because of the altima/maxima drivers.

QX80/ Armadas are fantastic vehicles.
Reliable, comfortable, fast as shit.
I've also found that Nissan body-on-frame vehicles handle FAR better than they have any right to.

For the record I own 2 Toyota BOF vehicles.
I've had a Titan, Pathfinder, and Xterra. All were beyond expectations.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 4:27:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll be looking into these in about 5 years, when my 2010 Yukon is dead and they are $10K cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 5:13:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They are a hidden Gem. Throw a Turbo on them like people from Dubai and make 1000+ HP.

Patrol is the Master Race
View Quote

I’ve got my eye on a Super Safari.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 6:41:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I had parts shipped from Australia and converted my wife’s to a Y62 Patrol. Barely fits under the 8ft garage header and she says that she always comes out of stores with men standing around staring at it.
View Quote

What is different between the patrol and the Armada?

We're vehicle shopping now, but not in a huge rush to buy something.

I refuse to buy new because I like my money too much, so we'll find a 2020 with low miles if go with one.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 6:45:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lol. I’ve never paid more than 12.5k for a vehicle.

My tenants usually drive nicer cars than I do. That’s why they’re tenants
View Quote

What in the world does this have to do with the Armada?

Link Posted: 2/19/2023 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lol. I've never paid more than 12.5k for a vehicle.

My tenants usually drive nicer cars than I do. That's why they're tenants
View Quote
If you choose not to have the finer things in life, hey you do you, but we only get one ride on this shithole, and might as well have a nice vehicle to get around in.

You wouldn't buy some cheap ass mule when you had the money for a good appaloosa? Have heated seats, and a hud, and some power, nice leather, you can do it buddy.

To be fair, I had not looked into Nissan, as their cars kind of went a bit cheap, so glossed past them, but because of this thread, I went and started looking, and they seem like a decent SUV, that is not an arm a leg, and both testicles. I may grab one just as a nice cheap daily, as it beats the mini van I inherited.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 6:55:20 AM EDT
[#24]
My girlfriend has a 2020.  I have chased electrical gremlins in that POS constantly after year 1.  Started with the battery charging setup (which I disconnected), followed by ignition issues, tps issues, ecm issues.  According to the internet, these aren't uncommon.

I'm trying to get her to sell it before she gets stranded.

To the good: it has good pickup, it's comfortable, for the size it gets decent gas mileage.

Link Posted: 2/19/2023 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My girlfriend has a 2020.  I have chased electrical gremlins in that POS constantly after year 1.  Started with the battery charging setup (which I disconnected), followed by ignition issues, tps issues, ecm issues.  According to the internet, these aren't uncommon.

To the good: it has good pickup, it's comfortable, for the size it gets decent gas mileage.

View Quote
And now, going to do more research on these potential issues...LOL...
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#26]
The drivetrain is well sorted out.

My 14 Titan, has been be a great truck.  I do religious oil changes and the motor is going strong.  When new I got around 20 MPG on the highway.  That was on the stock tires, with more aggressive tread I get 18.5-19. They share the drivetrain.  

Nissan interior is "meh" if that is a thing for you.  The model you are looking at has a history of blend door issues within the HVAC.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#28]
The latest gen is great and decent looking (aside from fender vents). The previous gens are absolutely horrid looking. Buy here/pay here lots are full of them as the depreciate like a mother.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#29]
I've had them as rental vehicles.

They were thirsty but no worse than most V8 powered SUVS.  Plenty of room and comfortable along with quiet.

The 2WD version did Ok during the Texas snow and cold apocalypse in 2021 but I did get it stuck once.  Rental company had this one as they needed cars and some Nissan dealership had a road crew spray yellow paint on four brand new Armada's.  National rent a car didn't care.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a 2018.  Had the battery charge related issue.  It's actually a redundant charge feature that was causing the problem.  Nissan tech figured it out, cut and capped a wire lead to correct it.  Over a year ago and no repeat of the issue.
For those who keep asking, gas mileage is 16 city 19 open road.  Most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven.  For such a large and heavy vehicle it will get up and go when you put your foot in it.
Would buy again.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I had parts shipped from Australia and converted my wife’s to a Y62 Patrol. Barely fits under the 8ft garage header and she says that she always comes out of stores with men standing around staring at it.
View Quote

Pics?
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#32]
@bobweaver

Any chance you might have some pictures you'd share of your Armada that you upgraded with parts from Australia? Many others would like to see it as well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Lol. I’ve never paid more than 12.5k for a vehicle.

My tenants usually drive nicer cars than I do. That’s why they’re tenants
View Quote

How are you this edgy without cutting yourself daily?
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
@bobweaver

Any chance you might have some pictures you'd share of your Armada that you upgraded with parts from Australia? Many others would like to see it as well.
View Quote

Definitely!   While it occupied some insomnia time, I’m over that quest and request the answer sheet
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#35]
I had one with an intake, full exhaust with long tube headers, and a tune and it was a beast!  I got T-boned at 40 MPH by a truck in the driver side door and it was totaled.  The thing was a tank though so i didn't get injured.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@bobweaver

View Quote

I’ll take a few later today. Most of the parts are related to the suspension, 4 wheel drive parts and ride control.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm a staunch Toyota guy, Ive seen people speak highly of Armadas here and on other forums but my experience with Nissan products has not been good.  It's good to know they produce something worth owning.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah but Nissan
View Quote

I have a now 11 year old Nissan Frontier that has been a great truck. Nothing on the interior has ever broken; never burned out even so much as a bulb. The only issue I’ve had was a cam shaft sensor and a radiator tube that burst. Those didn’t happen until 110,000 miles. I don’t understand the nissan hate.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:02:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have a now 11 year old Nissan Frontier that has been a great truck. Nothing on the interior has ever broken; never burned out even so much as a bulb. The only issue I’ve had was a cam shaft sensor and a radiator tube that burst. Those didn’t happen until 110,000 miles. I don’t understand the nissan hate.
View Quote

Nissan trucks are pretty solid. The hate is related to their shitty CVTs they put in cars and CUVs.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#41]
The meth uncle from Japan. Stay away
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#42]
My daily is a 2018 Armada 75K trouble free miles until last Thursday, reverse went out.   The thing doesn't even have a transmission dipstick, so I'm going to the dealer for some warranty work.

ETA 18.5 MPG mostly highway miles.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you choose not to have the finer things in life, hey you do you, but we only get one ride on this shithole, and might as well have a nice vehicle to get around in.

Have heated seats, and a hud, and some power, nice leather, you can do it buddy.

. . . . . . . . . Blah blah blah other nonsense . . . . . . .

the mini van I inherited.
View Quote

Lmfao

Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#44]
OST
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you have to change the tranmission fluid every 30k
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GX460 is a truck body on frame...TT was looking for a SUV unibody
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I've also found that Nissan body-on-frame vehicles handle FAR better than they have any right to.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is this bull crap about Nissans having issues especially electrical ones

They are solid much better than any shit the big three make

has to be, but I personally know two people that had altimas and they really never had many issues...I think one needed a motor mount.

Again....I live in the south...no snow, ice, salt...mayve that makes a difference
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The latest gen is great and decent looking (aside from fender vents). The previous gens are absolutely horrid looking. Buy here/pay here lots are full of them as the depreciate like a mother.
View Quote

Most people don't realize that the fender vents are actually functional and serve a purpose unlike most vents on vehicles.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#49]
I did a quick check last night and CarMax Armadas were running about 60,000 miles for a 2020.  Who puts that many miles on a vehicle?
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I did a quick check last night and CarMax Armadas were running about 60,000 miles for a 2020.  Who puts that many miles on a vehicle?
View Quote

probably a previous rental unit...which isn't bad...the big three companies stay on top of maintenance and fixing things.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top