BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it’s time for the Virginia members to go silent on this site.
View Quote
Why?  There are CA, MD, NJ, NY, etc...
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the chance that it passes both houses? Seems like there was some Democrats who said they might not vote for it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wasn't this the only place it could really be stopped though? I think the boat has left the dock and is sailing full speed though both chambers and to gov Blackface's desk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will Virginians actually boogaloo now or will they just keep posting memes? I can make it to va this time...missed the rally but I'm back stateside if we need people to head to va.
It was just a committee vote. Bit early to kick off a war.
Wasn't this the only place it could really be stopped though? I think the boat has left the dock and is sailing full speed though both chambers and to gov Blackface's desk.
No. It was never getting stopped in committee or in the house. The senate is the best chance to stop it.  There are apparently 4 dem senators who have had reservations with a less extreme AWB proposed in the senate. The dem majority in the senate is only 2 people.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I absolutely love how gun owners shit on other gun owners.
No wonder the other side wins.
View Quote
They haven't won yet...…….
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What's the chance that it passes both houses? Seems like there was some Democrats who said they might not vote for it.
View Quote
5%

They were saying that to avoid being bombarded with constituent hate mail.  They will read the speeches they wrote a month ago, which state “the recent changes made in committee satisfy my concerns.  We aren’t taking anyone’s guns away.  We aren’t taking away anyone’s silencers.  This law will save the children.”
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
5%

They were saying that to avoid being bombarded with constituent hate mail.  They will read the speeches they wrote a month ago, which state "the recent changes made in committee satisfy my concerns.  We aren't taking anyone's guns away.  We aren't taking away anyone's silencers.  This law will save the children."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5%

They were saying that to avoid being bombarded with constituent hate mail.  They will read the speeches they wrote a month ago, which state "the recent changes made in committee satisfy my concerns.  We aren't taking anyone's guns away.  We aren't taking away anyone's silencers.  This law will save the children."
This is my fear.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
5%

They were saying that to avoid being bombarded with constituent hate mail.  They will read the speeches they wrote a month ago, which state “the recent changes made in committee satisfy my concerns.  We aren’t taking anyone’s guns away.  We aren’t taking away anyone’s silencers.  This law will save the children.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5%

I don't trust them at all.  Bloomturd bought and paid for this.

There is a tremendous amount of outside pressure from very powerful people.  This is the execution of a gameplan.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Time to COC or shut up.
View Quote
Seriously. I guess a peaceful protest didnt work. Maybe something more persuasive should be organized.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:57:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Seriously. I guess a peaceful protest didnt work. Maybe something more persuasive should be organized.
View Quote
It isn't over yet...…..only two senators need to switch and this bill is toast IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#10]
" ... leave or be arrested..."

Get used to that.

Or ... don't.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not yet

People need to call there reps and complain

But I'd like to see gun manufacturer's and ammo companies private vendors tell the state of Virginia and the Leo's in counties that aren't sanctuary gun county's to pound sand

No new firearms or repairs

No magazines except what us peasants get to buy

No ammo sales

No training classes

No plates or armor

Let them use slingshots and sticks
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#12]
coc
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And not a single person stood up and said, "I will not comply"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow! So the VSP jumped straight to Brown Shirt status, kicking people out of the peoples house watching the peoples business being done by the peoples "representatives".

Good luck VA!
And not a single person stood up and said, "I will not comply"
Nor will they.

99.99% will hide their contraband items away. A few will get picked up from time to time on unrelated matters or an angry ex will rat them out and GD will point and laugh. One day they'll all die and their relatives will turn those scary guns in when they find them cleaning out their homes. That's exactly what will happen. We all know it, the commies running Virginia know it and it's what they planned on.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I would have spent 29 seconds doing non CoC things, then unassing the area in record time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time to COC or shut up.
The militia initiative to the county as a second step after the sanctuary county vote is brilliant and needed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"The bill further states that any person who legally owns an assault firearm on July 1, 2020, may retain possession of such assault firearm after January 1, 2021, if such person has obtained a permit from the Department of State Police to possess an assault firearm in accordance with procedures established in the bill."
View Quote
"So at a later date we will have a list of registered owners when we pass legislation outlawing possession entirely or decide to require insurance, annual training, safe storage inspections or any other BS Bloomberg tells us to do".
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Did the 'constructive possession'  clause go away?

Can't have all the parts to make an AW or whatever the phrasing was.

I guess since simple possession won't be prohibited constructive possession would have to go away?

By the unsafe act I can actually own a standard, full featured AR as long as I break up the pieces into 2 or more compliant rifles and/or stored parts.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Will Virginians actually boogaloo now or will they just keep posting memes? I can make it to va this time...missed the rally but I'm back stateside if we need people to head to va.
View Quote
Consider smuggling for those behind enemy lines.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Needs to go through the whole process cuz Bloomberg and Soros money.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#20]
The Va Dems are simply repaying their campaign debt.  Those that bought and paid for them don't care if they are not reelected, as they will simply give their money to another bought and paid for stooge.

There is NO loyalty in this partyy
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
They will if they want any good committee seats or their pet projects funded. That's how the game works.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This was inevitable.  Sadly, very few gun laws are removed from the books once added (exception was the AWB...only because of the sunset clause).  Even if Republicans take back the house, senate, and governors seat I seriously doubt they would remove these laws from the books.  VA is stuck with this shit for the time being, and likely for quite a while.
View Quote
Each and every year since 1995, VCDL has been preventing bad bills from passing into law and expanding the scope of liberty, like being able to carry in a restaurant, library, driving onto school property to drop off or pick up your kid, being able to get out of your car on school property(leaving the gun in the car), being able to walk through a park, being able to get an instant temporary carry permit if your local clerk tries to dick with you and delay your approval/renewal, and probably other stuff I'm not thinking of at the moment. I've witnessed this. We have consistently gained ground because of VCDL, sometimes in small steps, other times big steps. Yeah, we may be stuck with this for time being but on the other hand they are stuck with US for the time being. This isn't going away. WE are not going away. Some may throw up their hands and go back to the TV but shit like this only motivates me to do more.
See you guys at the Bloomberg party.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Did you really think that would have any impact on the outcome? Seriously.
A month ago I was pointing out in other VA  threads that NYS counties were passing anti SAFE resolutions and it had absolutely no impact on the outcome. I was basically told that VA would be different. In the end there is no difference. Your rural low population counties are having state law dictated to you by a handful of high population urban counties whose residents probably think of their country cousins as embarrassing hicks. Same as NYS
View Quote
I figure that you would have enjoyed being with the VSP on the "riot line". That's the way you usually roll.....But enough of you.

To my fellow Virginians:

I think that Virginians (if the hammer falls and the Bill is signed into law) need to keep their own council and not communicate any 2A goings-on (legal or extralegal) with those who you do not trust....Much less here on this site as many members here are not our friends and will dime us out in a heartbeat.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have a good idea. Why don't you guys have another rally where you willingly disarm yourselves on the illegal order of a tyrant? And then voluntarily walk into a cage being over-watched by government snipers. I'm sure they'll change their mind this time.
View Quote
And what did you do to further the 2A? You would do nothing

{let’s not get this thread locked}

JaxThe"REAPER"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I figure that you would have enjoyed being with the VSP on the "riot line". That's the way you usually roll.....But enough of you.

To my fellow Virginians:

I think that Virginians (if the hammer falls and the Bill is signed into law) need to keep their own council and not communicate any 2A goings-on (legal or extralegal) with those who you do not trust....Much less here on this site as many members here are not our friends and will dime us out in a heartbeat.  
View Quote
Truth. There are enough JBTs and Tories here to make the king proud.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Rotten Fruit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Please join us as we meet mike bloomberg's gun control lobby bus in Arlington VA Sunday at 6:30 pm

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2293959_Bloomberg-coming-to-NOVA-this-weekend-2-9-Update-3-06Feb-in-OP.html
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Just wait a bit more you guys...…...just two senators have to switch when voting is done IIRC...…...this is not over yet.

Blast them with emails, phone calls, letters, etc.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#30]
"Riot Line"

VSP puts on their big girl panties only after the heavily armed, better geared Americans are no longer present.

"We....sure showed them guys!"
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I sincerely hope that if this crap passes the House, the Senate and conference and becomes law, Virginia citizens do not simply repeat what we have seen in every other state like this: silent 4% compliance while the rest hide their arms and fear to use them at all, while a few dozen are arrested annually for incidental contact.

This needs to be rejected in the firmest, most unequivocal manner known to man.
View Quote
July 1 I’ll be shooting my ar15 with 30 round magazines and posting it on social media.  Fuck them.  I’m not complying and I’m not hiding a damn thing.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#32]
If HB 961 passes and becomes law, it's going to have an interesting effect on the machine gun market.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To my fellow Virginians:

yup
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Riot line......

What a joke.
View Quote
What's a riot line?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#35]
If anyone hasn't read the amended copy that passed, here's a link" https://committees.lis.virginia.gov/pdfs/drafts/20107888D.pdf
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#36]
coc
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If anyone hasn't read the amended copy that passed, here's a link" https://committees.lis.virginia.gov/pdfs/drafts/20107888D.pdf
View Quote
It gave me a freaking headache. From it's despotic content to the eye strain and scramble to follow all the little changes.

Chasing around all the little amendments to other statutes that it affects and stuff like changing from "Shall" to "Is", strikethroughs, it's crazy.

I don't like when they change "Shall" to "Is".  Not a lawyer, but "shall" and "may" are important words.  "Is" and other changes like it bother me, but I don't know why.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nor will they.

99.99% will hide their contraband items away. A few will get picked up from time to time on unrelated matters or an angry ex will rat them out and GD will point and laugh. One day they'll all die and their relatives will turn those scary guns in when they find them cleaning out their homes. That's exactly what will happen. We all know it, the commies running Virginia know it and it's what they planned on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nor will they.

That is what has happened in CA, NY, CT, NJ.  There was a 4% (CT)  to 15% (CA) compliance rate with registering banned weapons, or magazines, and the rest silently kept their firearms, but very few use them for hunting, competitions, range plinking or training.  Incidental contact with police result in occasional arrests and prosecutions, which the press downplay.  A speeding ticket on the way home from the range... a self defense shooting with a banned firearm... a noise disturbance where a banned magazine is in the coffee table...

People of the gun never got worked up enough to do anything, as these were one-off arrests that barely make the news.  The government will NOT pursue large scale enforcement, because that would result in immediate BOOGALOO.  And the cops and politicians know they are outgunned.  That is precisely why they use the incremental approach... the frog in the pot, slowly turning up the heat.

Will Virginia be different?  The politicians just showed they are using the same playbook, backing off a drastic confiscation bill in a pre-planned move to appear “reasonable”.  Many Virginians will be placated that they “get to keep” what is already theirs.  Many will say, “not yet, we don’t need a boogaloo”.

Next shooting though, VA will push for registration.  Then additional steps.  They will say, “we compromised on the bill, but this epidemic continues”.  The government won’t bother ever going for mass enforcement and door to door confiscation, which incites violent counter action.  They will send you a letter.  “Surrender your firearm which we know you have, or face a $1,000 fine.”  They will keep sending them, and never give you the chance to physically confront them, until they place a lien on your house, or garnish your wages.

That is the Government’s plan.  Never give an excuse to go hot.  Anyone who does go hot will appear unreasonable, unhinged, unstable, and the media will vilify them.

So while everyone waits for “confiscation” to fight back, it will never happen.  The people cannot win if they play by and into the Government’s rulebook and gameplan.  We need to act from a position of power, united, and organized, and not in a manner that can easily be portrayed as unhinged, giving them further excuses to disarm the populace.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
+1

Easy to see who the "sunshine patriots " are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Each and every year since 1995, VCDL has been preventing bad bills from passing into law and expanding the scope of liberty, like being able to carry in a restaurant, library, driving onto school property to drop off or pick up your kid, being able to get out of your car on school property(leaving the gun in the car), being able to walk through a park, being able to get an instant temporary carry permit if your local clerk tries to dick with you and delay your approval/renewal, and probably other stuff I'm not thinking of at the moment. I've witnessed this. We have consistently gained ground because of VCDL, sometimes in small steps, other times big steps. Yeah, we may be stuck with this for time being but on the other hand they are stuck with US for the time being. This isn't going away. WE are not going away. Some may throw up their hands and go back to the TV but shit like this only motivates me to do more.
See you guys at the Bloomberg party.
+1

Easy to see who the "sunshine patriots " are.
+2

It sure is.  And it sure brings out the peanut gallery full of shit stirrers, naysayers, Armchair QB's and agitators.  And communists.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It gave me a freaking headache. From it's despotic content to the eye strain and scramble to follow all the little changes.

Chasing around all the little amendments to other statutes that it affects and stuff like changing from "Shall" to "Is", strikethroughs, it's crazy.

I don't like when they change "Shall" to "Is".  Not a lawyer, but "shall" and "may" are important words.  "Is" and other changes like it bother me, but I don't know why.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't like it when they make it so you can't dispose of your own property.

My reading of this revised version is that you can gift an assault firearm to a family member and that the executor of a will / estate can transfer (only transfer, NOT SELL) to a beneficiary. There is no provision to allow one to sell to a licensed dealer or to an out of state buyer.

§ 18.2-308.9 (A) also states:

"Assault firearm" includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert,
418 modify, or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily
419 assembled into an assault firearm. "Assault firearm" does not include (i) a firearm that has been rendered
420 permanently inoperable, (ii) an antique firearm as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2, or (iii) a curio or relic as
421 defined in § 18.2-308.2:2.

That definition would make a machine gun, which can be readily assembled into a semi automatic meeting the other criteria, fall into the category.

These two sections, when combined, basically means if you own machine guns in VA you can never sell them so long as you remain a VA resident, and your heirs can inherit them but not sell them if they are also VA residents.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Time to go quiet, VA boys.
View Quote
Virginia Is For Loners. (TM)
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
VA is lost theyre overrun by liberals like CA, NJ, NY...right? RIGHT? Soon enough VA will crack off and fall into the Atlantic and everyone on this site will cheer. CA and NY was the tip of the spear and everyone in other states just watched and laughed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My reading of this revised version is that you can gift an assault firearm to a family member and that the executor of a will / estate can transfer (only transfer, NOT SELL) to a beneficiary. There is no provision to allow one to sell to a licensed dealer or to an out of state buyer.

"Assault firearm" includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert,
418 modify, or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily
419 assembled into an assault firearm. "Assault firearm" does not include (i) a firearm that has been rendered
420 permanently inoperable, (ii) an antique firearm as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2, or (iii) a curio or relic as

That definition would make a machine gun, which can be readily assembled into a semi automatic meeting the other criteria, fall into the category.

These two sections, when combined, basically means if you own machine guns in VA you can never sell them so long as you remain a VA resident, and your heirs can inherit them but not sell them if they are also VA residents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So they're tying "Assault Weapons" (I fucking abhor that term) to NFA now?  Circular linking, due to interchangability of parts on a modular platform?

Either way, your gun dies with you.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yep, https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/503720/Capture3_JPG-1267260.JPGLiterally
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/503720/Capture4_JPG-1267262.JPG

(screenshots from vid courtesy of @Riflenoob, who was there in person representing us all)
View Quote
Did I make it in before someone from the TBL crew tells us how these guys are on our side?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So they're tying "Assault Weapons" (I fucking abhor that term) to NFA now?  Circular linking, due to interchangability of parts on a modular platform?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not they. I am simply reading what is written and concluding that since a) they did not exempt NFA items b) a judge would likely find that the legislative intent would include machine guns if it includes semi automatics as well and c) most machine guns can be used in semi automatic mode or can be converted to semi automatic, therefore they satisfy the definition as it stands.

VA has over 35k registered machine guns. Even if 10k of those are post 86 dealer samples (this ratio aligns with the national ration of transferable to non-transferable MGs in the NFATR), that's 25,000 machine guns that will either be sold out of state before HB 961 goes into effect or become locked out of the market unless the owner moves to a different state.

At current MG pricing (avg. $20k for transferable), that's around $500 million in inventory that could be pushed into the market in a very short period of time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If HB 961 passes and becomes law, it's going to have an interesting effect on the machine gun market.
View Quote
Why exactly?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why exactly?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why exactly?
@EggyMean - Keep reading (two posts above this one)
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I sincerely hope that if this crap passes the House, the Senate and conference and becomes law, Virginia citizens do not simply repeat what we have seen in every other state like this: silent 4% compliance while the rest hide their arms and fear to use them at all, while a few dozen are arrested annually for incidental contact.

This needs to be rejected in the firmest, most unequivocal manner known to man.
View Quote
Agreed.

This needs to be rejected in the same manner that the colonists rejected it in 1775.

The Second Amendment was not written and included in the Bill of Rights to protect hunting.  At its most basic level, the Second Amendment was written to protect the right of the citizens to use lethal force to preserve their God-given rights.  It was written so that the citizens would have the means to kill those who seek to impose tyranny upon them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

@EggyMean - Keep reading (two posts above this one)
View Quote
Interesting analysis. Presumably the large supply hitting the market would result in prices going down?
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top