Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#1]
The delegate that is proud to "Carry on behalf of the Governor..." this bill.

Is the same one that said this:
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/289253/hypocrite-levine_PNG-1267519.png
View Quote
Nut job Levine.

Pandering, flip flopping, arrogant, shit bag communist.

Fucking self proclaimed “Nazi hunter”?  Really?  Look in the mirror. If you really hate the Nazis, should probably not be following their playbook.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Seconded
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?
Seconded
Sorry guys, I've looked and looked and can't find it, it was not on my device when it was shown to me, all I remember is that it was around a minute or so long on a live state feed that got cut off. Maybe it was ozoned.

I remember seeing some long-beared guy shouting out, the VSP lining-up, Philip Van Cleave standing up with a WTF look on his face, and committee members running to their exit and peeking around the door (a woman) then the feed stopped.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:45:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a good idea. Why don't you guys have another rally where you willingly disarm yourselves on the illegal order of a tyrant? And then voluntarily walk into a cage being over-watched by government snipers. I'm sure they'll change their mind this time.
View Quote
Good idea. Just make damn sure you keep your faces uncovered and stay off the Governor's lawn -- all while shouting that you will not comply. That will definitely send them a serious message.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I stopped reading on page 1 because I am getting too angry.

Thanks to the posters for mentioning my vid and photos @LexConcord
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:46:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sorry guys, I've looked and looked and can't find it, it was not on my device when it was shown to me, all I remember is that it was around a minute or so long on a live state feed that got cut off. Maybe it was ozoned.

I remember seeing some long-beared guy shouting out, the VSP lining-up, Philip Van Cleave standing up with a WTF look on his face, and committee members running to their exit and peeking around the door (a woman) then the feed stopped.
View Quote
https://www.richmond.com/video/news/police-clearing-gun-rights-supporters-out-of-the-house-public/video_e137e69c-56e2-5dc2-8fb8-ec7319cef36c.html
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Good idea. Just make damn sure you keep your faces uncovered and stay off the Governor's lawn -- all while shouting that you will not comply. That will definitely send them a serious message.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a good idea. Why don't you guys have another rally where you willingly disarm yourselves on the illegal order of a tyrant? And then voluntarily walk into a cage being over-watched by government snipers. I'm sure they'll change their mind this time.
Static Sound Effect and Video
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I sincerely hope that if this crap passes the House, the Senate and conference and becomes law, Virginia citizens do not simply repeat what we have seen in every other state like this: silent 4% compliance while the rest hide their arms and fear to use them at all, while a few dozen are arrested annually for incidental contact.

This needs to be rejected in the firmest, most unequivocal manner known to man.
View Quote
They ALREADY complied.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Carter just told me this - need 5 total in the House to vote "no".  I think there's one another I know of off top of my head who won't vote for it, so we need 3 more.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241023/20200207_135223_jpg-1267482.JPG
View Quote
I hope he doesnt. I saw where he voted no on some other stuff, so its possible
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I suggest you guys stop shitting in this thread.
View Quote
Seriously.

What good would me telling this guyAttachment Attached File
to arrest
Me have done? How could I continue to help besides looking like a fool on the news getting arrested for sitting in a chair when told to leave?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think this may be it

https://www.richmond.com/video/news/police-clearing-gun-rights-supporters-out-of-the-house-public/video_e137e69c-56e2-5dc2-8fb8-ec7319cef36c.html

Edit: should have refreshed first
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Seriously.

What good would me telling this guyhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418755/D89B8399-5D4F-4346-8794-25C458F7F865_jpe-1267539.JPG to arrest
Me have done? How could I continue to help besides looking like a fool on the news getting arrested for sitting in a chair when told to leave?
View Quote
I thought that be black guy on the front row was going to tell the VSP to pound sand. Come to that I never did see him leave.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I stopped reading on page 1 because I am getting too angry.

Thanks to the posters for mentioning my vid and photos @LexConcord
View Quote

Thanks for being there, representing us and getting that video!
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So much for representing the people.
View Quote
So much for performing the proper role of government, which is to protect rights (instead of violating them).
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#17]
So as to not clutter up this thread, I took the machine gun market impact of HB 961 elsewhere to its own thread
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#18]
How are they going to grandfather weapons without registration? Seems like it's an unenforceable idiotic feel-good nonsense.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It does kinda make you wonder what we really gain by these peaceful protests.  On the one hand, we show that we are responsible, law-abiding citizens that won't lash out like our radical lefty counterparts.  On the other hand, we show that we are responsible, law-abiding citizens that won't lash out like our radical left counterparts.
View Quote
The left is more intimidated by five hundred BLM thugs armed with bricks than they are by FIFTY-THOUSAND gun owners waving rifles. If five hundred hood rats surrounded the capital the Governor would personally hand them stacks of cash through the fence and vow immediate surrender to whatever they demanded. And it has NOTHING to do with political correctness.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#20]
The rule of law was broken long ago.

With American cities deciding to not prosecute illegal immigrants, while some even aiding illegal immigrants, we have no rule of law.

The law is the law. You can't selectively choose which laws to live by.

If the liberal cities can ignore law on illegal immigration why should someone who lives in rural Virginia have to obey by the law these assholes passed?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#21]
coc
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I absolutely love how gun owners shit on other gun owners.
No wonder the other side wins.
They haven't won yet...…….
Not yet

People need to call there reps and complain

But I'd like to see gun manufacturer's and ammo companies private vendors tell the state of Virginia and the Leo's in counties that aren't sanctuary gun county's to pound sand

No new firearms or repairs

No magazines except what us peasants get to buy

No ammo sales

No training classes

No plates or armor

Let them use slingshots and sticks
lol, that would be great if they did...

...a long time ago in other commie states
Ronnie Barrett is the man!

https://championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32172
Needs more (or would that be less?) participation across the market/ industry. The cops are bought off in Cali by exemptions. Shutting off their supplies would get conversations started. It would be nice, but o my if all of them did. A few dropping Cali would only strengthen their competition...
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Sigh
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So as to not clutter up this thread, I took the machine gun market impact of HB 961 elsewhere to its own thread
View Quote
No offense, but I really don't care about machine guns, since owners of those are the most powerful lobby for keeping the registry closed, and many supported the federal AWB. "Oh, I have a MG, I'm exempt from the 1994 AWB. Sucks to be you!"
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Delegate Josh Cole of the 28th has said he's against anything that confiscates things from people.

He was on the Committee but I think he didn't show up to vote to avoid taking a stance.  There's a pressure point there, I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Carter just told me this - need 5 total in the House to vote "no".  I think there's one another I know of off top of my head who won't vote for it, so we need 3 more.

Attachment Attached File
Delegate Josh Cole of the 28th has said he's against anything that confiscates things from people.

He was on the Committee but I think he didn't show up to vote to avoid taking a stance.  There's a pressure point there, I think.
That man right there deserves to get re-elected. A man of solid conviction!...

...FFS
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#26]
coc
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't like it when they make it so you can't dispose of your own property.

My reading of this revised version is that you can gift an assault firearm to a family member and that the executor of a will / estate can transfer (only transfer, NOT SELL) to a beneficiary. There is no provision to allow one to sell to a licensed dealer or to an out of state buyer.

§ 18.2-308.9 (A) also states:

"Assault firearm" includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert,
418 modify, or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily
419 assembled into an assault firearm. "Assault firearm" does not include (i) a firearm that has been rendered
420 permanently inoperable, (ii) an antique firearm as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2, or (iii) a curio or relic as
421 defined in § 18.2-308.2:2.

That definition would make a machine gun, which can be readily assembled into a semi automatic meeting the other criteria, fall into the category.

These two sections, when combined, basically means if you own machine guns in VA you can never sell them so long as you remain a VA resident, and your heirs can inherit them but not sell them if they are also VA residents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If anyone hasn't read the amended copy that passed, here's a link" https://committees.lis.virginia.gov/pdfs/drafts/20107888D.pdf
It gave me a freaking headache. From it's despotic content to the eye strain and scramble to follow all the little changes.

Chasing around all the little amendments to other statutes that it affects and stuff like changing from "Shall" to "Is", strikethroughs, it's crazy.

I don't like when they change "Shall" to "Is".  Not a lawyer, but "shall" and "may" are important words.  "Is" and other changes like it bother me, but I don't know why.
I don't like it when they make it so you can't dispose of your own property.

My reading of this revised version is that you can gift an assault firearm to a family member and that the executor of a will / estate can transfer (only transfer, NOT SELL) to a beneficiary. There is no provision to allow one to sell to a licensed dealer or to an out of state buyer.

§ 18.2-308.9 (A) also states:

"Assault firearm" includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert,
418 modify, or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily
419 assembled into an assault firearm. "Assault firearm" does not include (i) a firearm that has been rendered
420 permanently inoperable, (ii) an antique firearm as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2, or (iii) a curio or relic as
421 defined in § 18.2-308.2:2.

That definition would make a machine gun, which can be readily assembled into a semi automatic meeting the other criteria, fall into the category.

These two sections, when combined, basically means if you own machine guns in VA you can never sell them so long as you remain a VA resident, and your heirs can inherit them but not sell them if they are also VA residents.
Unless they make it illegal to bring them out of state, they would be powerless to have any enforcement to prevent you from selling them once you are out of state. Because if you went out of state to ship or sell to FFL dealer, you would not be under Virginia law at the time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Given the potential for antigun activists to try and use posts here as justification for red flagging people, sanitizing the site of all VA related content may be something the owners should consider closely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When these bills pass the best thing possible would be for Virginia members to go radio silent and Goatboy to nuke all of the current and archived Virginia threads from orbit.
^^ This ^^
This will be the Site response every time someone tries to post about VA:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1715/wakanda-1134358.jpg
Given the potential for antigun activists to try and use posts here as justification for red flagging people, sanitizing the site of all VA related content may be something the owners should consider closely.
If that’s gonna happen, then wipe NY, Cali & whoever from the anals too...
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
View Quote
Honk motherfucking honk...
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No offense, but I really don't care about machine guns, since owners of those are the most powerful lobby for keeping the registry closed, and many supported the federal AWB. "Oh, I have a MG, I'm exempt from the 1994 AWB. Sucks to be you!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck bump stocks too...

...amiright?!
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Mr guns n gear live in 15
Seconds
Virginia Assault Weapons Ban Bill Moves Forward & Citizens Are Kicked Out!
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#32]
coc
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yep, https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/503720/Capture3_JPG-1267260.JPGLiterally
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/503720/Capture4_JPG-1267262.JPG

(screenshots from vid courtesy of @Riflenoob, who was there in person representing us all)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So they pass anti guns laws, then immediately hide behind men with guns? Did I get that right?
Yep, https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/503720/Capture3_JPG-1267260.JPGLiterally
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/503720/Capture4_JPG-1267262.JPG

(screenshots from vid courtesy of @Riflenoob, who was there in person representing us all)
Well, we know LEO's pictured will not hesitate follow the overlords orders to confiscate
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They ALREADY complied.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I sincerely hope that if this crap passes the House, the Senate and conference and becomes law, Virginia citizens do not simply repeat what we have seen in every other state like this: silent 4% compliance while the rest hide their arms and fear to use them at all, while a few dozen are arrested annually for incidental contact.

This needs to be rejected in the firmest, most unequivocal manner known to man.
They ALREADY complied.
Oh wow, another non team member new to this site, talking shit and shitting all over the place.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:54:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well, we know LEO's pictured will not hesitate follow the overlords orders to confiscate
View Quote
Anyone that knows VSP was well aware.

They are likely excited to show off their mil-grade toys and step on some necks.  What good was all that training if you dont get to put the non-compliants in their place?  Red flag orders will be like the raid on OBL.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#37]
This is some BS.
Good luck VA....
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#38]
United we stand

divided we fall

Lexington

Concord

April 19

We stood

and soon the rest followed

I hope it does not come to this but the elected overlords have sold their souls and sold us down the river.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#39]
OWNERS AND MODS NEED TO NUKE/SANITIZE THIS SITE OF ALL VA THREADS.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nut job Levine.

Fucking self proclaimed “Nazi hunter”?  Really?  Look in the mirror. If you really hate the Nazis, should probably not be following their playbook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/289253/hypocrite-levine_PNG-1267519.png
Nut job Levine.

He always says he was a "Nazi hunter" but literally the only thing I can find saying that is....him.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Fuck bump stocks too...

...amiright?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck bump stocks too...

...amiright?!
Said the NRA and MG owners, yes. Now they worry about the price of their toys, bless their hearts.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How are they going to grandfather weapons without registration? Seems like it's an unenforceable idiotic feel-good nonsense.
View Quote
Probably the same way they were federally between 1994-2004, and in New York before safe act and in Massachusetts to this day.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#43]
This:
"Assault firearm" includes any part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert, modify, or otherwise alter a firearm into an assault firearm, or any combination of parts that may be readily  assembled into an assault firearm. "Assault firearm" does not include (i) a firearm that has been rendered permanently inoperable, (ii) an antique firearm as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2, or (iii) a curio or relic as defined in § 18.2-308.2:2.
View Quote
coupled with this:
2. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the rifle; (iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (iv) a grenade launcher; (v) a flare launcher, (vi) a silencer; (vii) a flash suppressor; (viii) a muzzle brake; (ix) a muzzle compensator; (x) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a muzzle brake, or (d) a muzzle compensator; or (xi) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (x).
View Quote
Would seem to make every folding/telescoping stock, pistol grip, silencer, flash suppressor, threaded barrel, etc. Into a banned item by itself.

I suppose you could argue those parts are not "designed or intended to" change a firearm into an assualt firearms, as they are not designed/intended ONLY to be used on semi-automatic center-fire rifles with detachable magazines, and could be used on bolt actions, etc. But it is at least ambiguous as to whether such parts alone would be "assault firearms" and banned from sale.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Suppose they were so "shocked" that they all broke out in a case of spontaneous mass "shortness of breath".....Most of those there were not spring chickens you know.

Jokes aside I guess it's easy for me to sit here and say it but damn, I honestly don't know if I could have complied or not.....When I watched the full length version of the roust-out by the VSP my blood boiled sort of like when the impact of 9-11 hit me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What would have happened if every one didn't leave and peacefully allowed themselves to be arrested?  Made the national news. What would the charge be?
Trespassing.  That is what they threatened arrest for.
Suppose they were so "shocked" that they all broke out in a case of spontaneous mass "shortness of breath".....Most of those there were not spring chickens you know.

Jokes aside I guess it's easy for me to sit here and say it but damn, I honestly don't know if I could have complied or not.....When I watched the full length version of the roust-out by the VSP my blood boiled sort of like when the impact of 9-11 hit me.
Me too. It hit me in a deeply fundamental way and sent me into a fucking rage. I don't think I could have held myself in check at that moment, consequences be damned.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
geez STFU or GTFO bro with this weak ass trolling BS no good none-helping shit
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#47]
I find my distrust, and dislike for cops is coming full circle.

In my late teens and early 20s I pretty much hated them. By the time I was 32 or so that had flipped. Now that I'm 45, the circle is turning again, snd frankly after seeing some things as of late, especially today, I think I'm hitting that fulcrum point again.

I mean I just can't trust or like that. Would they have been so pushy if we were armed? I certainly didn't see any pushing around on the 20th.

I get that there are "some" on our side. But frankly, the more I see, the less I think those numbers are.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Seriously.

What good would me telling this guyhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418755/D89B8399-5D4F-4346-8794-25C458F7F865_jpe-1267539.JPG to arrest
View Quote
You mean like non violent civil disobedience such as sitting at countertops without ordering anything?

Or not getting up from a seat in the bus?

Either all civil rights are equal, or none are.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Literally no one trusts the VSP.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Literally no one trusts the VSP.
View Quote
+1
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top