BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 423
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People should all get Threema/Signal on their mobile devices.

Much better and somewhat more secure comms.
View Quote
Also, I know nothing of Baofongs.   If the Arfcom official coordination packet could have some instructions, and etiquette, that would be helpful.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
and just like that gun owners and ANTIFA found common ground
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don’t think that will be a problem. It’s the downtown area of a reasonably large city, and it’s a federal and state holiday - which means that a ton of people who would normally be there, won’t be. Federal, state, and banking employees are a huge proportion of downtown Richmond’s workforce.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even without any action being taken to shut down connectivity, cellular data is going to be spotty at best with 30k people all in one place. We have that problem at sporting events and concerts.
I don’t think that will be a problem. It’s the downtown area of a reasonably large city, and it’s a federal and state holiday - which means that a ton of people who would normally be there, won’t be. Federal, state, and banking employees are a huge proportion of downtown Richmond’s workforce.
I live in a city more than 3 times the population of Richmond and see this happen quite frequently at events.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fuckin idiots. Probably have no skin in the game, and are completely ignorant on the issue anyway. And if shtf in Virginia, they'd probably be all like "well, its their back yard", fuck that shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of the more harebrained ideas are coming from those who will not be attending, but are very quick to tell us what we should do.
Fuckin idiots. Probably have no skin in the game, and are completely ignorant on the issue anyway. And if shtf in Virginia, they'd probably be all like "well, its their back yard", fuck that shit.
I'm not sure if the CoC allows you to call yourself a fuckin idiot.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
They are in it for the same reason we are. To fight fascism.  (They just don’t realize they are the fascists yet. )
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I was thinking of staying back about a half mile with supplies simply because once the rally starts we will be surrounded.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Any attempt to protest or picket near the home of a legislator would have to be very civil. Unarmed. Quiet. No trespassing. Just signage. Complete Compliance with law enforcement.  Simply a tiny group of people saying hello, being friendly
View Quote
The SEIU doesn't act that way when they bus dozens of people out to private homes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Maybe we should start another thread re: comms and connectivity? If we come up with anything solid it will get lost in this 100+ page thread.
View Quote
Not a bad idea.  What we need is an OPORDER-like document that includes an Annex Kilo.  If only we had some Field Grade officers around here with experience writing such things...
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not a bad idea.  What we need is an OPORDER-like document that includes an Annex Kilo.  If only we had some Field Grade officers around here with experience writing such things...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe we should start another thread re: comms and connectivity? If we come up with anything solid it will get lost in this 100+ page thread.
87 FRAGO's later......
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The SEIU doesn't act that way when they bus dozens of people out to private homes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any attempt to protest or picket near the home of a legislator would have to be very civil. Unarmed. Quiet. No trespassing. Just signage. Complete Compliance with law enforcement.  Simply a tiny group of people saying hello, being friendly
Nailed it.

Imagine 2000+ people standing outside your house armed, quietly occupying that space. No signs or anything. Just staring you down.

That should suffice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Dude you often post worthy content but how about you stop using these JPG tiles instead of actual text? It's the equivalent of standing in front of someone and shouting into their face with a bullhorn
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Dude you often post worthy content but how about you stop using these JPG tiles instead of actual text? It's the equivalent of standing in front of someone and shouting into their face with a bullhorn
View Quote
Doesnt bother me. I didnt hear anything when I read it silently to myself.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I respectfully disagree. Memes are meant to be shared. They get attention and spread awareness. Check out these gems he made for the VA HTF. A lot of people are overlooking the disgustingly large sums of money that Soros spent to influence local Commonwealths Attorney races. They recognize that the prosecuters hold the real power in enforcing these laws. They have prepared the battlefield.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I respectfully disagree. Memes are meant to be shared. They get attention and spread awareness. Check out these gems he made for the VA HTF. A lot of people are overlooking the disgustingly large sums of money that Soros spent to influence local Commonwealths Attorney races. They recognize that the prosecuters hold the real power in enforcing these laws. They have prepared the battlefield.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270037/Buta_Biberaj_-_loudoun_commonwealth_attorney_-_GREEN_jpg-1212309_JPG_jpg-1213411.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270037/Descano_Soros_jpg-1213056_JPG_jpg-1213412.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270037/Hingeley_-_Soros_jpg-1213092_JPG_jpg-1213413.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270037/Parisa_Dehghani-Tafti_-_SOROS_-_ARLINGTON_jpg-1213061_JPG_jpg-1213414.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270037/Buta_Biberaj_-_loudoun_commonwealth_attorney_-_GREEN_jpg-1212309_JPG_jpg-1213411.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270037/Descano_Soros_jpg-1213056_JPG_jpg-1213412.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270037/Hingeley_-_Soros_jpg-1213092_JPG_jpg-1213413.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270037/Parisa_Dehghani-Tafti_-_SOROS_-_ARLINGTON_jpg-1213061_JPG_jpg-1213414.JPG
I agree that memes are important and the examples you posted are great. But they have pictures along with the text, and people can use them in other social media.
My comment was aimed at the text-only tiles that seem to be in lieu of just typing the text in the ARFCOM editor. But I don't want to derail the thread so y'all be y'all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Question. Asking for a friend of course.

Is it possible and legal to monitor LE radio frequencies in VA? If yes, then has anyone though about keeping a ear to what they are saying just before and during the rally? It sure would beneficial to know what orders are being given in real time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Concur

Those are extremely sharable and effective. They should be posted all over twitter, FB, Nextdoor and printed and posted everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of the more harebrained ideas are coming from those who will not be attending, but are very quick to tell us what we should do.
Noted.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Can’t say I’m ready to take them at face value.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If 30K folks show there will be issues . . . that area is busy but 30K will overwhelm the cell towers because it's a small area on the side of a hill.  And there is no city-wide WiFi network.

Plus - if there are issues on 1/20 I guarantee the first thing that the Staties will cut is cell comms.  We need Baofeng backup freqs and a licensed HAM to send out massages for general consumption.  99.99% of us will just be in listen mode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that will be a problem. It's the downtown area of a reasonably large city, and it's a federal and state holiday - which means that a ton of people who would normally be there, won't be. Federal, state, and banking employees are a huge proportion of downtown Richmond's workforce.
If 30K folks show there will be issues . . . that area is busy but 30K will overwhelm the cell towers because it's a small area on the side of a hill.  And there is no city-wide WiFi network.

Plus - if there are issues on 1/20 I guarantee the first thing that the Staties will cut is cell comms.  We need Baofeng backup freqs and a licensed HAM to send out massages for general consumption.  99.99% of us will just be in listen mode.
I'm hoping to get out the CHIRP file shortly. My thought is to have at least a primary and secondary VHF frequency that is in the ham bands. That way, the several thousand Baofengs I expect to be there will be able to get info passed via the Arfcom Information Network (TM).

I'm also working on how to implement a Gotenna Mesh network at the event. That would enable text messaging even if the cell network is down. The 1-to-1 chat and 1-to-many chats are encrypted. They also have a "shout" mode that sends to all mesh nodes in range. There is also an Emergency and Emergency beacon mode that you can use to tell all the other mesh users in an area (including via hops) that you're in trouble. Since the Gotenna Mesh app runs on Andoid or Apple, you don't necessarily have to have a phone, just a text messaging app on your device. Or, you can use an unactivated phone, burner phone, etc. to connect to the mesh. I'm setting up the ones I have with random IDs rather than a phone number. I'm planning to have a spreadsheet of the key folks and their random IDs so I know how to text them directly. (And, they'll have the same list.) For those who want to participate in the mesh network, see Gotenna mesh
They did have a 30% promotion going on with the coupon code GIFTGOTENNA but I don't know if that's still the case.

This should prove to be an interesting test of large-scale, non-cell network comms.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#24]
A few years ago, Soros was buying Secretaries of State in swing states.  The Bloomberg bought Democrat legislators in Virginia are set on repealing the Voter ID law here.

They’re no longer even pretending.

I wonder what the maximum effect range of a good compound crossbow is?
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
There is an AR15 upper receiver that is a crossbow. I believe that they were getting close to 1" groups at 100 yards. Just saying....
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A few years ago, Soros was buying Secretaries of State in swing states.  The Bloomberg bought Democrat legislators in Virginia are set on repealing the Voter ID law here.

They’re no longer even pretending.

View Quote
Took this little guy at a hair over 50 yards. Not too comfortable taking a shot beyond that.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Anybody from nc going? I am looking for a ride.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm hoping to get out the CHIRP file shortly. My thought is to have at least a primary and secondary VHF frequency that is in the ham bands. That way, the several thousand Baofengs I expect to be there will be able to get info passed via the Arfcom Information Network (TM).

I'm also working on how to implement a Gotenna Mesh network at the event. That would enable text messaging even if the cell network is down. The 1-to-1 chat and 1-to-many chats are encrypted. They also have a "shout" mode that sends to all mesh nodes in range. There is also an Emergency and Emergency beacon mode that you can use to tell all the other mesh users in an area (including via hops) that you're in trouble. Since the Gotenna Mesh app runs on Andoid or Apple, you don't necessarily have to have a phone, just a text messaging app on your device. Or, you can use an unactivated phone, burner phone, etc. to connect to the mesh. I'm setting up the ones I have with random IDs rather than a phone number. I'm planning to have a spreadsheet of the key folks and their random IDs so I know how to text them directly. (And, they'll have the same list.) For those who want to participate in the mesh network, see Gotenna mesh
They did have a 30% promotion going on with the coupon code GIFTGOTENNA but I don't know if that's still the case.

This should prove to be an interesting test of large-scale, non-cell network comms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that will be a problem. It's the downtown area of a reasonably large city, and it's a federal and state holiday - which means that a ton of people who would normally be there, won't be. Federal, state, and banking employees are a huge proportion of downtown Richmond's workforce.

You can download CHIRP for programming Baofeng radios for free.  Someone in the area should come up with a list of repeaters and simplex frequencies that will work in the area.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There is an AR15 upper receiver that is a crossbow. I believe that they were getting close to 1" groups at 100 yards. Just saying....
View Quote
Link?

I never knew a thing was real
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, that just cost me more money.

ETA: What it is, what it does & how to use it video. BTW, they also offer a 15% military discount.

Gotenna Mesh Review, The Future Of The Internet?

ETA2: and now I have a use for my burner smart phone after this event, to be a mesh node.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:59:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Is it possible and legal to monitor LE radio frequencies in VA? If yes, then has anyone though about keeping a ear to what they are saying just before and during the rally? It sure would beneficial to know what orders are being given in real time.
View Quote
Many pages ago Merrell posted links to Radioreference.com regarding the Richmond and surrounding LEO frequencies.

Richmond city

Richmond County

STARS system (statewide)
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Most everything is now Project 25 Phase I and encrypted (https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=3783), but there are some legacy systems still in place.

Capitol Police primary operations are now on the Richmond City TRS and STARS. The VHF repeater remains turned on as a backup to the trunked system.

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
155.13000 KJE262 RM114.8 PL1Capitol Police Primary Dispatch FM Law Dispatch
155.49000 KJE262 BM114.8 PL2Capitol Police Secondary Dispatch (Capitol Square Units) FM Law Dispatch

VSP

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
154.66500 KA5367 BMCSQVSP TacTactical (various tones used on transmit, receive is CSQ) FM Law Tac
154.68000 WRA534 M114.8 PLVSP ExecProtExecutive Protection Unit (Encryption may be used) FM Law Tac
154.69500 KA5367 MCSQVSP SurvSurveillance FM Law Tac
458.35000 KA5367 MCSQVSP 458.35Vehicle Repeaters (used when car is in park) FM Deprecated
460.26250 WPNQ955 RM151.4 PLVSP RIRRichmond International Raceway Operations FM Law Talk
764.40625  M07B NACVSP VehRpt 5Vehicle Repeaters (Division 5) P25 Law Tac
765.95625  M07B NACVSP VehRpt 7Vehicle Repeaters (Division 7) P25 Law Tac
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#33]
It blows my mind that Virginia has a Governor as fucking stupid as Northram (sp?).  This shit is fixing to end badly.  We're spreading the word on social media trying to wake Americans up to what's happening there.  If I weren't battling a severe health issue for the past year I'd be there myself.  Godspeed and prayers to all that are attending and fighting the good fight!!!!  
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All good plans @planemaker

A few other things to consider - Xfinity Wifi hotspots are all over the place (everyone with an Xfinity internet connection that doesn't disable the "feature" is automatically a hotspot). Use of the hot spots is free to Xfinity internet customers. This is a great way to get access when cell networks are jammed (I've used this approach at CMA Fest and football games when cellular was unreliable).

Another option would be to use Motorola DTR radios. They are digital, require no licensing, 900mhz, and allow both directed comms and group comms.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Frankly it would be a better deal to pay him to stay away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are there any celebrities like Ted Nugent that could be lured into attending the patriot rally?
Do you have $50k? That's what he wanted to attend the 2A rally in Pittsburgh.
This is where I'm at.  IMHO, he doesn't bring good optics to an event.

What has attracted me to attend is that this is by citizens.  I've never seen this kind of refusal.  I have to be a part of it..."men" here won't.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What has attracted me to attend is that this is by citizens.  I've never seen this kind of refusal.  I have to be a part of it..."men" here won't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are there any celebrities like Ted Nugent that could be lured into attending the patriot rally?
Do you have $50k? That's what he wanted to attend the 2A rally in Pittsburgh.

The more grass roots the better IMO.

This needs to be TEA Party level involvement.  Celebrities are influenced and can be paid to push the masses in different directions.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Any attempt to protest or picket near the home of a legislator would have to be very civil. Unarmed. Quiet. No trespassing. Just signage. Complete Compliance with law enforcement.  Simply a tiny group of people saying hello, being friendly, passing out fliers, voicing concern about these bills to people.

All in plain view of the homes of the congressman. Enough that wives call husbands and send a pictures.  Let them know people care about the issue more than they realize.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

imo this will not go how you think. they will cry wolf and say the evil gun owners are "terrorizing their families" it will be all over the news and give them more ammunition for their cause. do the same idea without firearms present might work
If millions of us said in lockstep, in reply to such accusations, "You won't like me as a criminal; don't make me a criminal".....it might go how we think after all.

The whole point of this rally is that we will not cede our rights peacefully.
Any attempt to protest or picket near the home of a legislator would have to be very civil. Unarmed. Quiet. No trespassing. Just signage. Complete Compliance with law enforcement.  Simply a tiny group of people saying hello, being friendly, passing out fliers, voicing concern about these bills to people.

All in plain view of the homes of the congressman. Enough that wives call husbands and send a pictures.  Let them know people care about the issue more than they realize.
Agreed. I said serious, but that doesn't have to mean armed or overtly intimidating.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#38]
What needs to come out of this is a new state-level political party in Virginia that is focused on liberty and that doesn't get subsumed by the Republicans like what happened to the Tea Party movement.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#39]
I heard wheat paste posters can be very difficult to remove.  So don't use that if you are thinking of using informational posters.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Very awesome
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:39:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The politicians in Richmond are not sweating this. Even if every trucker in the nation refused to drive into Virginia, it wouldn't matter one iota to Richmond.
View Quote
Honestly?  I don't know why it's a thing.

Every trucker I know loves post-apocalyptic audiobooks, and is red-blooded, patriotic good 'ol boy.  Trucker Union Mouthpiece can say what he wants, but it doesn't match up with what I see.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:53:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

ETA: What it is, what it does & how to use it video. BTW, they also offer a 15% military discount.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRIe0fma7wo

ETA2: and now I have a use for my burner smart phone after this event, to be a mesh node.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad to see GoTenna taking off here. I think it's going to be key. CVBB is going to be on them.

For a mesh relay node though, you don't need a phone. You just place the device in relay mode and it will automatically relay anything it receives.
eta: you can't use a relay node as a communicator though. It's a stand-alone function. You DO need a phone tethered to a GT to text.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:15:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crimes already gone up in Arlington. It’s insane how much money they spent on CA races. No one asks why.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:21:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm glad to see GoTenna taking off here. I think it's going to be key. CVBB is going to be on them.

For a mesh relay node though, you don't need a phone. You just place the device in relay mode and it will automatically relay anything it receives.
eta: you can't use a relay node as a communicator though. It's a stand-alone function. You DO need a phone tethered to a GT to text.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you can effectively double the range between users by using a delay node?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:29:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Per the video they will relay.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:31:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Wow.  Interesting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 12:57:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We need Baofeng backup freqs and a licensed HAM to send out massages for general consumption.  99.99% of us will just be in listen mode.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 1:20:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bump....because this can’t be emphasized enough. Hit social media with memes.At this time we have the upper hand and it is working.

Edit: LET FREEDOM RING TRUE!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 1:26:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Baby, go get them big-ass spurs that yer daddy give me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 1:34:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I just pray that this does not happen to the Volunteer state. If it does I see a similar protest.
View Quote
It already happened in The Constitution State (CT)
Page / 423
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top