BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 423
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll leave the truck parked for the duration of my stay as well, but I don't want to leave anything in it.

Anyone with on-the-ground info on the parking situation ?
View Quote
This is what I've been wondering about too.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Lady Liberty is bleeding.

Her protectors are sleeping.

Seduced by wealth

And peace and ease.

Lady Liberty is bleeding.

She cries out,

Not for herself.

But a warning.

Lady Liberty is crying.

Who will hear?

When sleep is sweet.

And peace an easy slavery.

Lady Liberty is dying.

Poisoned Slowly.

Little by little.

The change is hard to tell.

Lady Liberty is calling.

"Break your chains

while you are strong!"

Will we hear her warning?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is what I've been wondering about too.
View Quote
I've parked at the coliseum parking deck before, but that might be full... Just expect to pay $20-40 and scope out public decks beforehand. Unless you're there super early, don't expect to find metered spots. Another reason to get a hotel room!
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is the Crown Jewel of the sanctuary movement. If we can get VA’s largest city, Virginia Beach, on board then Richmond and the radical leftists will have to listen up.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is why these people need to have gun owners show up in all the places they frequent. Recruit locally in their inner circle. Their hairdresser, their landscaper, their car mechanic, their cafe server, their HVAC technician, their grocery store, their church members, everywhere they go, they need to have a gun owner come up to them and politely explain that they will be a pariah in their own neighborhood if they support this crap. Put up small signs with their picture on it all around their neighborhood and something about "Gun control is racist" or similar. Then their neighbors will start asking about the signs. Until they see it is going to hit home for them, they have no reason to care.

There is an expression that talk is cheap. That's almost true with the exception of politicians where talk is exceedingly expensive and for sale to the highest bidder. The time for talk is coming to a close. The time for doing is at hand. Go and talk to these legislators. Go and put up signs. Go find their donor lists and send those donors a clear message. Go look at their financial disclosures (assuming they have such a thing in Virginia). Check their property records to see if they still owe money on their home. Then, contact their lender. Make it abundantly clear to every single one of these knuckleheads that we know who, what, and where they are. Work at the local level for now. Then, on the 20th, they will see exactly the extent of what they are up against statewide.

View Quote
This. Make them understand that they and their loved ones will truly suffer.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Odds?

ETA. Even if you are not from here show up at the meeting. They won't be the wiser.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#7]
What if there was a Lobby Day and most of the politicians stayed home?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Many will when you consider the estimated crowd will outnumber the entire VANG by 4 times.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why would they do that? They think they are the majority. They think they have some kind of "mandate" since they won the legislature. Until they can be made to recognize the reality, it's business as usual for these folks. That, and getting better offices since they're in charge now.

Suffice to say there won't be any business getting done on the 20th because with the crowd as large as we hope it will be, they wouldn't be able to walk anywhere easily anyways.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Strong words.  Needed to be said.   This man "gets it."  Virginia, and the rest of the nation, may be getting ready to let slip the dogs of war.

Six minutes and fifteen seconds of hard, cold truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo3_ie_Cr94

( I hope it's okay to link to a MrGunsnGear channel video.  This is too important not to post.)

Attorney General’s response to 2nd Amendment sanctuary resolutions: ‘Gun safety laws will be followed’

RICHMOND, Va. — Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring has responded to the trend of Virginia counties passing Second Amendment sanctuary resolutions ahead of next year’s General Assembly, saying they are being "ginned up by the gun lobby" and that any new gun laws passed will be enforced.
View Quote
It seems like this time, there's no putting the genie back in the bottle.
View Quote
Very well said
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Some folks here ought to quit with the fantasy that ANTIFA is our ally, and will be fighting tyranny along side us. ANTIFA is the enemy, and aligning with them in any way ruins our credibility. Their leaders are responsible for the tyranny and if they really support the 2A, its only so they have a gun to shoot us in the back first chance they get.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Some folks here ought to quit with the fantasy that ANTIFA is our ally, and will be fighting tyranny along side us. ANTIFA is the enemy, and aligning with them in any way ruins our credibility. Their leaders are responsible for the tyranny and if they really support the 2A, its only so they have a gun to shoot us in the back first chance they get.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:26:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nobody has suggested "aligning" with them, as in holding hands or coordinating.

The only reason they even came up is all of the talk about potential confrontations or violence on 1/20, tear gas, non-lethal stuff, etc. ANTIFA was mentioned specifically as a potential agitator, and a number of us who actually understand ANTIFA's mindset and agenda simply stated that they may very well be on the same side of the gun issue as us (albeit with different motivations). They have since confirmed that via social media.

If ANTIFA causes any problems on 1/20, it won't be because of the gun issue. It will happen only if other "agendas" that are loosely tied to gun rights/culture decide to show up and try to be a part of the rally. "Agendas" that ANTIFA does actively fight against, like Confederate flags and monuments, Proud Boys, etc., which is why keeping the focus narrowly on defeating gun control - and NOTHING else - is critical.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#14]
What  you do is when the boog starts you goad Antifa into being the cannon fodder so you can jump in only after they soften up the enemy.

Kidding.

Kinda.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thank you sir!

Ladies and Gents, I just got back from the "Office Hours" with Del. Eileen Filler-Corn.  This was a 1-on-1, by signup, at that coffee house (coffee was actually pretty good).

Just want to say up front, I tried.  I was very polite and diplomatic, used several different approaches (NLP) to communicate the issue, the urgency, and the potential outcomes.

I spent about 20 minutes with her aide and approximately 6 minutes with Del Filler-Corn.  I definitely got the "sir your red light has been on for some time, please finish up" that Ben received as well.

Believe me, the message was fully delivered, and received, in the most succint and professional way possible.

With great dismay, I'm afraid that diplomacy may no longer have any bearing.

They simply do not care.  At all.

They have zero intention of slowing this down.

I had used the voice memo recorder on my phone, but now listening to the playback, the conversation is almost inaudible due to all the ambient noise in the coffee shop.  I'll write up play by play here shortly.
View Quote
A common theme with Democrats is they want to rule over people, not serve or represent them.

We will find out shortly how Virginia responds to that type of leadership.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What  you do is when the boog starts you goad Antifa into being the cannon fodder so you can jump in only after they soften up the enemy.

Kidding.

Kinda.
View Quote
In a way, that's what I'm suggesting we do at the "pre-kinetic" stage, right now.

If your view is that "ANTIFA wants all non-leftists disarmed," then they are making a huge strategic blunder by opposing state-sponsored disarmament of the conservative, law-abiding bloc that is much larger than they are. Let them do it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I respectfully disagree. Memes are meant to be shared. They get attention and spread awareness. Check out these gems he made for the VA HTF. A lot of people are overlooking the disgustingly large sums of money that Soros spent to influence local Commonwealths Attorney races. They recognize that the prosecuters hold the real power in enforcing these laws. They have prepared the battlefield.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270037/Buta_Biberaj_-_loudoun_commonwealth_attorney_-_GREEN_jpg-1212309_JPG_jpg-1213411.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270037/Descano_Soros_jpg-1213056_JPG_jpg-1213412.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270037/Hingeley_-_Soros_jpg-1213092_JPG_jpg-1213413.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/270037/Parisa_Dehghani-Tafti_-_SOROS_-_ARLINGTON_jpg-1213061_JPG_jpg-1213414.JPG
View Quote
Jim got the shaft big time. Everyone else got Bugatti money, and he got a used Ford Fiesta.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thank you sir!

Ladies and Gents, I just got back from the "Office Hours" with Del. Eileen Filler-Corn.  This was a 1-on-1, by signup, at that coffee house (coffee was actually pretty good).

Just want to say up front, I tried.  I was very polite and diplomatic, used several different approaches (NLP) to communicate the issue, the urgency, and the potential outcomes.

I spent about 20 minutes with her aide and approximately 6 minutes with Del Filler-Corn.  I definitely got the "sir your red light has been on for some time, please finish up" that Ben received as well.

Believe me, the message was fully delivered, and received, in the most succint and professional way possible.

I had used the voice memo recorder on my phone, but now listening to the playback, the conversation is almost inaudible due to all the ambient noise in the coffee shop.  I'll write up play by play here shortly.
View Quote
Good effort, but filler corn is a statist's statist. She doesn't give a fuck what a peasant like you or I has to say.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 4:20:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Right or wrong, history is written by those that survive long enough to put down their arms and put pen to paper.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I fully expect that to happen. We've discussed it a few times in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#21]
To set the stage:

Attachment Attached File

Part I

Ok, so I figured I’d provide as much information on my brief meeting with the VA House Speaker Designee today.  To avoid TL/DR, I’ll break it up into a couple parts.

Upon entering the coffee shop, there were approximately a dozen or so people sitting around at tables and on couches, assumedly waiting for their turn to speak with the Delegate, who was seated at a table adorned with her name and title.  There was a sign in sheet, to get on the list to speak with her.  
After signing in, I waited about 45 minutes or so for my turn to meet with Del. Filler Corn.  During that time, I was listening to what others were discussing with her as well as amongst themselves.  The majority of the folks there were supportive of her efforts.  Some were concerned about plastic bag use and the impact on the ecology, others wanted more solar power.  Either way, smiles and hugs abounded.  It was a happy little liberal get together.

Her cheerful and eager young aide struck up conversation with me.  He wanted to know what I would like to discuss, and that he would be able to offer more information, clarity and outlook ahead of time, since the time to sit and speak with Del. Filler Corn would be limited.  He kept saying that he would be able to help explain policy, initiatives and issues that the Del. would be taking up, that he was very in tune with her agenda as well as the direction that this legislative body would be proceeding.

I said ok, well – I’m really specifically concerned with the incredibly damaging legislation set for the upcoming session relating to antigun bills and 2nd Amendment usurpation measures that are being brought forward.  I’m concerned that while I’m otherwise a law abiding citizen, that I’ll become a felon overnight.  I really don’t like the idea of that, and neither do countless others.  I’d really like the opportunity to speak with the Del., explain my concerns and see how she plans to address these very serious issues that I, and countless other Virginians are facing.

His facial expression suuuuuure changed.  Then, he went into a seemingly oft rehearsed rendition of “Common Sense Gun Law Talking Points for Democrats, Feat: B Obama”.  Seriously, it was terribly stereotypical and almost satirical.  He’d find every opportunity to excuse himself and tend to other constituents, but I’d find a way to re-engage him.  I was very soft spoken, professional and made sure that my tone showed concern, not outrage.  He was young, maybe early 20’s.  I’m not necessarily sure he’s had to deal with an opposing opinion without reinforcements outside of a safe space without the ability to escape.

Also, they REALLY wanted to know who I was, where I lived, how to contact me…  Holy shit.

Any ways, the previously cheerful and upbeat aide, despite best efforts to avoid me, failed at doing so and was now slightly less cheerful and upbeat.  He kept mentioning that I’d have to wait a while before being able to speak with the delegate, and that he was sorry, and if I had to go back to work, they understood and that I could reach out to her office and reschedule a time 1:1.  LOL.  Yeah, right.  I ain’t leaving kid.

I probably spent about 45 minutes waiting to speak with her (2 cups of pretty good coffee), and used about 20-25 minutes of that time speaking with the aide (whether he wanted to or not)…  He actually was a nice young guy, naïve for sure, but making the most of the opportunity in front of him I guess.  I can’t fault him.  He never became hostile, condescending or anything like that – just seemingly disappointed that I had opposing views and he probably had some forethought as to how well his boss would be receiving my message, and potentially any blow back on him due to his screening processes. Never the less, he was nice, polite, didn’t seem partisan in his dealings with me and I truly wish him luck in his public service pursuits.  Hopefully, we will not be corrupted and will choose a different path than the one taught by his employer.

Anyways – on to Part II – the actual conversation.

Edited to correct mistype of time spent waiting...
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I’m stunned that the Mayor, Vice Mayor, and three Council-members signed off on this already.  As I read the document, they are asking for a 2A sanctuary resolution, not a meeting to discuss the possibility.

A little googling reveals that there are eleven council-members, one of whom is selected by his/her peers to serve as vice-mayor. That gives four affirmative votes.  If two of the remaining seven can persuaded to do the right thing, that would yield a majority and add the weight of the largest city in the state to our side of the scales.  This would be a very good thing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 4:59:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
To set the stage:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/503720/Coffee_-_Copy_jpg-1214317.JPG

Part I

Ok, so I figured I’d provide as much information on my brief meeting with the VA House Speaker Designee today.  To avoid TL/DR, I’ll break it up into a couple parts.

Upon entering the coffee shop, there were approximately a dozen or so people sitting around at tables and on couches, assumedly waiting for their turn to speak with the Delegate, who was seated at a table adorned with her name and title.  There was a sign in sheet, to get on the list to speak with her.  
After signing in, I waited about 25-30 minutes or so for my turn to meet with Del. Filler Corn.  During that time, I was listening to what others were discussing with her as well as amongst themselves.  The majority of the folks there were supportive of her efforts.  Some were concerned about plastic bag use and the impact on the ecology, others wanted more solar power.  Either way, smiles and hugs abounded.  It was a happy little liberal get together.

Her cheerful and eager young aide struck up conversation with me.  He wanted to know what I would like to discuss, and that he would be able to offer more information, clarity and outlook ahead of time, since the time to sit and speak with Del. Filler Corn would be limited.  He kept saying that he would be able to help explain policy, initiatives and issues that the Del. would be taking up, that he was very in tune with her agenda as well as the direction that this legislative body would be proceeding.

I said ok, well – I’m really specifically concerned with the incredibly damaging legislation set for the upcoming session relating to antigun bills and 2nd Amendment usurpation measures that are being brought forward.  I’m concerned that while I’m otherwise a law abiding citizen, that I’ll become a felon overnight.  I really don’t like the idea of that, and neither do countless others.  I’d really like the opportunity to speak with the Del., explain my concerns and see how she plans to address these very serious issues that I, and countless other Virginians are facing.

His facial expression suuuuuure changed.  Then, he went into a seemingly oft rehearsed rendition of “Common Sense Gun Law Talking Points for Democrats, Feat: B Obama”.  Seriously, it was terribly stereotypical and almost satirical.  He’d find every opportunity to excuse himself and tend to other constituents, but I’d find a way to re-engage him.  I was very soft spoken, professional and made sure that my tone showed concern, not outrage.  He was young, maybe early 20’s.  I’m not necessarily sure he’s had to deal with an opposing opinion without reinforcements outside of a safe space without the ability to escape.

Also, they REALLY wanted to know who I was, where I lived, how to contact me…  Holy shit.

Any ways, the previously cheerful and upbeat aide, despite best efforts to avoid me, failed at doing so and was now slightly less cheerful and upbeat.  He kept mentioning that I’d have to wait a while before being able to speak with the delegate, and that he was sorry, and if I had to go back to work, they understood and that I could reach out to her office and reschedule a time 1:1.  LOL.  Yeah, right.  I ain’t leaving kid.

I probably spent about 45 minutes waiting to speak with her (2 cups of pretty good coffee), and used about 20-25 minutes of that time speaking with the aide (whether he wanted to or not)…  He actually was a nice young guy, naïve for sure, but making the most of the opportunity in front of him I guess.  I can’t fault him.  He never became hostile, condescending or anything like that – just seemingly disappointed that I had opposing views and he probably had some forethought as to how well his boss would be receiving my message, and potentially any blow back on him due to his screening processes. Never the less, he was nice, polite, didn’t seem partisan in his dealings with me and I truly wish him luck in his public service pursuits.  Hopefully, we will not be corrupted and will choose a different path than the one taught by his employer.

View Quote
F5...F5...F5
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
To set the stage:

Part I

After signing in, I waited about 45 minutes or so for my turn to meet with Del. Filler Corn.  During that time, I was listening to what others were discussing with her as well as amongst themselves.  The majority of the folks there were supportive of her efforts.  Some were concerned about plastic bag use and the impact on the ecology, others wanted more solar power.  Either way, smiles and hugs abounded.  It was a happy little liberal get together.

View Quote
Wait... her name is really Filler-Corn?
I thought that was some sort of joke you all were making.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thank you sir!

View Quote
Thanks for doing that.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

A common theme with Democrats is they want to rule over people, not serve or represent them.

View Quote
You are right about ruling. Read this:

The New Dominion

Gun legislation is talked about in the "Easy Victories" section of the article.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Odds?

ETA. Even if you are not from here show up at the meeting. They won't be the wiser.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Odds?

Considering it was the City that denied employees their 2A rights that got those employees killed back in May, I doubt they touch this at all. Best for them to ignore it because they will get Crucified (verbally) during any open discussion.
And if they were to vote NO or pull some Suffolk BS, its guaranteed not to end well for them. Elections are next year.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we become a 2A sanctuary city and we one up Culpeper, Tazwel, and Chesapeake by actually activating the militia.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
To set the stage:

Part I

View Quote
Part II

For those unaware, Delegate and Speaker-Designee Eileen Filler-Corns position and office in the Virginia State government is roughly the equivalent to Nancy Pelosi.  Speaker of the House (designee – will take that office in January), former House Minority Leader, now House Majority Leader.  She has sway and she has quite a bit of power and influence within the state legislature.

There’s more than a bit to write as to the conversation, so I’ll keep it as brief as possible.  As I mentioned before, my attempt to record the convo failed miserably.  The following is compiled from memory, my notes and the parts of my recording that I could decipher.  Rather than make it a transcript, I’ll lay it out as to the statements made:

After making introductions, we shook hands and sat at a table, with her aid standing nearby.  She had an ipad set up in front of her, tilted towards her like a monitor, and she’d occasionally type stuff on it.  Probably texting with her aide, who already knew where I stood on things where he was feeding her info, and also probably adding me to more lists.
--

Ma’am, I’m here to discuss my extreme concerns with the myriad of anti-gun legislation introduced into the upcoming legislative session.  I’m sure you’re aide has briefed you on my position with this, since he and I spoke for some time already.  No change in her expression or attempt confirm/ deny as to my statement.

I am here to ask you to please withdraw support for these draconian bills.  I implore you to use your speaker-ship to urge your fellow delegates and senators to withdraw support as well.

I am your typical, law-abiding resident of Virginia and citizen of the United States.  I, along with millions just like me, walk the straight and narrow.  I may exceed the speed limit occasionally, but I, and many others like me, put great effort into abiding not only to the rule of law, but to a polite social contract that is guided by morality.

If these bills are passed, and are made into law – I, and millions of Virginians just like me, will become felons overnight.  Not by any wrong doing of my own, but by writ and the stroke of legislative pen, all in the name of an overzealous pursuit of misguided ideology.  If respect for the law and reverence for the consequences for having violated that law is what keeps us law abiding, what then, is the inevitable outcome, when we are now labeled felons?  What is left to maintain peace and order, once the threat of criminality is removed?

***At this point, the aide interrupts and lets me know my time is up and that others are waiting their turn***

My response to that was:  I waited 45 minutes as well, I'm almost done and it's very important that we are able to fully conclude our mutual concerns here.  Del. Filler Corn looked at me, up at the aide (sayinig get him outta here with her eyes), back at me and I continued speaking, ignoring the aide as if there hadn't been an interruption.

What we have seen since the introduction of the myriad of anti-gun bills is an incredibly outpouring by regular, every day Virginians.  We have seen 87 of 95 counties along with numerous cities and towns, adopt some form of 2nd Amendment Sanctuary resolution.  That is 91% of the Commonwealth.  That is sending a very clear and decisive message to Richmond.  Both Gov Northam and AG Herring have engaged in some very inflammatory rhetoric, and followed up by doubling down on it.  This further fans the flames of discord.  The people of Virginia are up in arms over this, and I mean that literally – people are taking up arms over the actions of the legislature.

On the same hand, people are having open, unveiled conversations regarding everything I just said.  The people are making plans for the inevitability of draconian, unconstitutional laws being enacted.  As Richmond’s intention is no longer veiled, neither is the peoples response.

From the introduction of these sweeping bills to today, we have seen people come together like never before.  There is no leader to this reaction – it is everyday Virginians trying to have their voices heard, and their communities supporting and defending them.  It’s incredibly clear which side of this legislation that the people of Virginia, as a whole, are on.  History can teach us things.  The old cliché of those who do not learn from it, are doomed to repeat it, is very much relevant to this conversation.  These are the Intolerable Acts of our time.

Again, please, I ask for your help in withdrawing support for these bills, letting them die in committee and allowing cooler heads to prevail.  Given what we are facing, is that something you will support?

Her responses:

Blah blah blah. Pre-written talking points. Literally!  Best of all, her actual response to my closing statement asking for her support was:

"There is a lot of unnecessary rhetoric being thrown about right now.  These are common sense measures that are supported by over 90% of the people of Virginia.  Nobody is going to outlaw your guns.  Nobody is going to go door to door and collect them.  There is no need to dig a hole and bury your guns in the back yard (yes, she really said that).  This is all being exacerbated by the Gun Lobby and the NRA.  There really is nothing to worry about – you’ll be able to keep your guns."  (Where have we heard language like this before?)

My response and closing to that was:

Madame Speaker Designee, with all due respect, what you just said is patently false and highlights how you have completely misread the pulse of the Commonwealth.

Instead of listening to the lobbyists, New York funded special interest groups, various polls and aides within the echo chamber that are the halls of the state legislature, you should listen to the message that the people of Virginia are sending – it is loud and it is clear.

The voices you are hearing and the sanctuary resolutions you are seeing passed are from individuals throughout the commonwealth.  91% of the state does not, in fact, want any of this.  There is no lobby, no funding from wealthy individuals feeding any fear mongering – there is no leader or leading entity and the NRA has been unbelievably and disappointingly absent from the conversation.  This is a wholly organic, grassroots effort.  We are standing on a dangerous precipice.  If this legislation continues down its current path and is enacted, there will be a comeuppance.  That is a guarantee, and the result not being known yet, it’s safe to say that it may not be solely political in nature.  We are looking at a defining moment in our history.  To say otherwise is a fool’s errand.

Her response

Thank you for sharing your views.  It was nice to meet you.  Have a nice day.

That’s pretty much it.  Everything is falling on deaf ears.

Part III/ Final Thoughts & Observations to come.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Part II

For those unaware, Delegate and Speaker-Designee Eileen Filler-Corns position and office in the Virginia State government is roughly the equivalent to Nancy Pelosi.  Speaker of the House (designee – will take that office in January), former House Minority Leader, now House Majority Leader.  She has sway and she has quite a bit of power and influence within the state legislature.

There’s more than a bit to write as to the conversation, so I’ll keep it as brief as possible.  As I mentioned before, my attempt to record the convo failed miserably.  The following is compiled from memory, my notes and the parts of my recording that I could decipher.  Rather than make it a transcript, I’ll lay it out as to the statements made:

After making introductions, we shook hands and sat at a table, with her aid standing nearby.  She had an ipad set up in front of her, tilted towards her like a monitor, and she’d occasionally type stuff on it.  Probably texting with her aide, who already knew where I stood on things where he was feeding her info, and also probably adding me to more lists.
--

Ma’am, I’m here to discuss my extreme concerns with the myriad of anti-gun legislation introduced into the upcoming legislative session.  I’m sure you’re aide has briefed you on my position with this, since he and I spoke for some time already.  No change in her expression or attempt confirm/ deny as to my statement.

I am here to ask you to please withdraw support for these draconian bills.  I implore you to use your speaker-ship to urge your fellow delegates and senators to withdraw support as well.

I am your typical, law-abiding resident of Virginia and citizen of the United States.  I, along with millions just like me, walk the straight and narrow.  I may exceed the speed limit occasionally, but I, and many others like me, put great effort into abiding not only to the rule of law, but to a polite social contract that is guided by morality.

If these bills are passed, and are made into law – I, and millions of Virginians just like me, will become felons overnight.  Not by any wrong doing of my own, but by writ and the stroke of legislative pen, all in the name of an overzealous pursuit of misguided ideology.  If respect for the law and reverence for the consequences for having violated that law is what keeps us law abiding, what then, is the inevitable outcome, when we are now labeled felons?  What is left to maintain peace and order, once the threat of criminality is removed?

***At this point, the aide interrupts and lets me know my time is up and that others are waiting their turn***

My response to that was:  I waited 45 minutes as well, I'm almost done and it's very important that we are able to fully conclude our mutual concerns here.  Del. Filler Corn looked at me, up at the aide (sayinig get him outta here with her eyes), back at me and I continued speaking, ignoring the aide as if there hadn't been an interruption.

What we have seen since the introduction of the myriad of anti-gun bills is an incredibly outpouring by regular, every day Virginians.  We have seen 87 of 95 counties along with numerous cities and towns, adopt some form of 2nd Amendment Sanctuary resolution.  That is 91% of the Commonwealth.  That is sending a very clear and decisive message to Richmond.  Both Gov Northam and AG Herring have engaged in some very inflammatory rhetoric, and followed up by doubling down on it.  This further fans the flames of discord.  The people of Virginia are up in arms over this, and I mean that literally – people are taking up arms over the actions of the legislature.

On the same hand, people are having open, unveiled conversations regarding everything I just said.  The people are making plans for the inevitability of draconian, unconstitutional laws being enacted.  As Richmond’s intention is no longer veiled, neither is the peoples response.

From the introduction of these sweeping bills to today, we have seen people come together like never before.  There is no leader to this reaction – it is everyday Virginians trying to have their voices heard, and their communities supporting and defending them.  It’s incredibly clear which side of this legislation that the people of Virginia, as a whole, are on.  History can teach us things.  The old cliché of those who do not learn from it, are doomed to repeat it, is very much relevant to this conversation.  These are the Intolerable Acts of our time.

Again, please, I ask for your help in withdrawing support for these bills, letting them die in committee and allowing cooler heads to prevail.  Given what we are facing, is that something you will support?

Her responses:

Blah blah blah. Pre-written talking points. Literally!  Best of all, her actual response to my closing statement asking for her support was:

"There is a lot of unnecessary rhetoric being thrown about right now.  These are common sense measures that are supported by over 90% of the people of Virginia.  Nobody is going to outlaw your guns.  Nobody is going to go door to door and collect them.  There is no need to dig a hole and bury your guns in the back yard (yes, she really said that).  This is all being exacerbated by the Gun Lobby and the NRA.  There really is nothing to worry about – you’ll be able to keep your guns."  (Where have we heard language like this before?)

Madame Speaker Designee, with all due respect, what you just said is patently false and highlights how you have completely misread the pulse of the Commonwealth.

Instead of listening to the lobbyists, New York funded special interest groups, various polls and aides within the echo chamber that are the halls of the state legislature, you should listen to the message that the people of Virginia are sending – it is loud and it is clear.

The voices you are hearing and the sanctuary resolutions you are seeing passed are from individuals throughout the commonwealth.  91% of the state does not, in fact, want any of this.  There is no lobby, no funding from wealthy individuals feeding any fear mongering – there is no leader or leading entity and the NRA has been unbelievably and disappointingly absent from the conversation.  This is a wholly organic, grassroots effort.  We are standing on a dangerous precipice.  If this legislation continues down its current path and is enacted, there will be a comeuppance.  That is a guarantee, and the result not being known yet, it’s safe to say that it may not be solely political in nature.  We are looking at a defining moment in our history.  To say otherwise is a fool’s errand.

Her response

View Quote
Clearly they are wanting a fight and they are going to get one
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"These are common sense measures that are supported by over 90% of the people of Virginia.  
View Quote
It's a shame that logic isn't taught in schools.  This one sentence contains both a judgmental language fallacy and an argumentum ad populum.  Almost certainly the "90% of the people support" also relies on an inductive fallacy based on cherry picking poll results.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's a shame that logic isn't taught in schools.  This one sentence contains both a judgmental language fallacy and an argumentum ad populum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"These are common sense measures that are supported by over 90% of the people of Virginia.  
It's a shame that logic isn't taught in schools.  This one sentence contains both a judgmental language fallacy and an argumentum ad populum.
It's an obvious repeating of talking points rather than actually listening to the opinions of the people.

"Let them eat cake" springs to mind--and that didn't turn out well for the person who said it, either.

Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Part II

--

Her responses:

Her response

View Quote
Part III

Some final thoughts and observations:

Throughout my career, negotiation has been a large part of it.  I’ve done many. Some were successful, some were not.  Some were quite significant, others minor.

Over time, through repetition and trial and error, you develop an ability to sense the other party’s reception to your pitch.  It’s hard to describe for those who haven’t experienced it - it's not a tangible or teachable thing, but the combination of body language, eye and facial expression, how they sit, how they hold their hands, their tone, lots of stuff – all of these things can and will betray the words that come out of their mouth.

That said, I can tell you, with 100%, absolute certainty:

She did not want to hear one word out of my mouth.  Only out of decorum and the public nature of the meeting, did she tolerate my presence and allow herself to hear my opinion.

I sensed true and legitimate contempt towards me on her part.

The finality of the conversation dripped with condescension.

There is a very real smugness, arrogance and air of superiority that just oozes from these people.

This was the very first time I've ever done anything like this. This is the first time I've ever petitioned a politician face to face.  I didnt know what to expect.

One thing is for sure, and I don't know how to quite put this - she (and the rest of these politicians, I assume) is/ are just a different species of human being.  I've sat across from very high ranking C-level folks (and even told them things they don't want to hear, we weren't on the best of terms, etc.), and I never got that feeling.

Can't quite put my finger on what it was, but she just seemed, different.  There was no human connection, no empathy, no emotion whatsoever.  Only contempt. A hidden, seething, something.  It was quite strange really - disconcerting and very off putting.  I felt like I was dealing with a robot or an alien or something, not another living, breathing person.  There just was no... connection.

I’ll tell you this, now that I have sat in front of arguably, one of the most powerful people in the VA Legislature -There is no swaying them and they will not stop pushing this legislation.

To simply ignore the factual points I made regarding 2A sanctuaries, the percentage of VA they constituted, people taking up arms, the dire warnings, etc. and to come back with “90% of VA wants this”, “It’s the NRA/ Gun Lobby stoking fear”, “Nobody will outlaw or take your guns”.  I mean, seriously?  I just had a decidedly cogent, articulate and polished interaction with you (I won’t call it a conversation), and you're treating me like an idiot and pretending not to have heard my (valid) points?

I feel my experience today would have been similar to sitting across from Pelosi during the Obama Care passage.

I’m still going on Lobby Day, in fact, I am more eager now, than ever.

However, I think the tone will be different.

We all need to stay the course and continue to fight.

Even if they pass these abortions of bills in January, they can be pulled back prior to enactment in July.

We need EVERYONE in Richmond on 1/20.  Let them see the folly of their ways.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Part III

Throughout my career, negotiation has been a large part of it.  I’ve done many. Some were successful, some were not.  Some were quite significant, others minor.

Over time, through repetition and trial and error, you develop an ability to sense the other party’s reception to your pitch.  It’s hard to describe for those who haven’t experienced it - it's not a tangible or teachable thing, but the combination of body language, eye and facial expression, how they sit, how they hold their hands, their tone, lots of stuff – all of these things can and will betray the words that come out of their mouth.

She did not want to hear one word out of my mouth.  Only out of decorum and the public nature of the meeting, did she tolerate my presence and allow herself to hear my opinion.

There is a very real smugness, arrogance and air of superiority that just oozes from these people.

This was the very first time I've ever done anything like this. This is the first time I've ever petitioned a politician face to face.  I didnt know what to expect.

One thing is for sure, and I don't know how to quite put this - she (and the rest of these politicians, I assume) is/ are just a different species of human being.  I've sat across from very high ranking C-level folks (and even told them things they don't want to hear, we weren't on the best of terms, etc.), and I never got that feeling.

Can't quite put my finger on what it was, but she just seemed, different.  There was no human connection, no empathy, no emotion whatsoever.  Only contempt. A hidden, seething, something.  It was quite strange really - disconcerting and very off putting.  I felt like I was dealing with a robot or an alien or something, not another living, breathing person.  There just was no... connection.

I’ll tell you this, now that I have sat in front of arguably, one of the most powerful people in the VA Legislature -There is no swaying them and they will not stop pushing this legislation.

To simply ignore the factual points I made regarding 2A sanctuaries, the percentage of VA they constituted, people taking up arms, the dire warnings, etc. and to come back with “90% of VA wants this”, “It’s the NRA/ Gun Lobby stoking fear”, “Nobody will outlaw or take your guns”.  I mean, seriously?  I just had a decidedly cogent, articulate and polished interaction with you (I won’t call it a conversation), and you're treating me like an idiot and pretending not to have heard my (valid) points?

I feel my experience today would have been similar to sitting across from Pelosi during the Obama Care passage.

Even if they pass these abortions of bills in January, they can be pulled back prior to enactment in July.

View Quote
Thank you for the attempt!  With that said i'm heading off to go clean and oil a few weapons.  If/when this kicks off I fear it will spread rapidly.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#34]
To sum it up: the Left wants us dead.

Communists never change.  They ALWAYS draw blood - it's in their nature.

Quoted:

Part III

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Part III

View Quote
Thanks for trying, even though full of corn gave you the bums rush.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
To sum it up: the Left wants us dead.

Communists never change.  They ALWAYS draw blood - it's in their nature.
View Quote
Just seems like they'd be smart enough to start this in a bit easier state than Virginia.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Part III

View Quote
Thank you for your efforts. You apparently were never anything other than composed and professional. I would have been biting my tongue 'till I was bleeding from the mouth. I despise a condescending attitude.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Part III

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Part III

She’s a Cloud Person talking to a Dirt Person that had the temerity to publicly disagree with her.

https://thezman.com/wordpress/?p=8730

It’s not just the media. That’s the window through which we glimpse the managerial class. I’ve recently had reason to spend time among the Cloud People and I had the same feeling I get when traveling abroad. I was in a strange land with strange people,so  I was much more restrained in my speech and movement. Even though I speak the language, I really can’t read what’s behind the eyes anymore. They look like me and they make the same sorts of noises, but there’s a barrier between myself and these people...

...We are a nation of two worlds now. The Cloud People are in their world, which is just about divorced from our world. Increasing they speak in their own argot that uses English words, but with alien meanings. They don’t live where we live or live as we live. We have been colonized by pod people, who are only vaguely aware of the rest of us. Unlike the British Colonial officers of old, our rulers don’t have much interest in us. We’re just a bad smell to them, something they tolerate while dreaming of the day when will be rid of us.

This is similar to the Brazilian model, except that in Brazil, the ruling elite is at least a full standard deviation more intelligent than the lower classes. In the American model, the world of the Cloud People is something similar to the Marching Morons, except that the extraction system on which it is based insulates them from the consequences of their own actions. Hillary Clinton is a dangerously incompetent boob, but she may be elevated to the top job simply because the system protects her and repels even well-heeled challengers.

One of the lessons of Africa in the mid-20th century is that people prefer to be ruled poorly by their own, rather than expertly by strangers. The Managerial class spends all of its time debating how to expertly manage the economy and how to replace the Dirt People they find inconvenient with imported Dirt People they believe are more compliant. Meanwhile, the Dirt People slowly begin to realize that they are ruled by strangers. When the Africans were barred from taking command of the machinery of rule, they smashed it. That’s another lesson to remember.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Part III

View Quote
OP,,,I as well have done the "negotiation" deal many many times at and with powerful C level folks for publicly traded companies. NONE of them EVER treated me like the woman treated you. You are correct about the oozing of superiority and arrogance. Remember that she is a LIBERAL and as such lacks logic and the ability to learn. Her arrogance will be her downfall as she deserves the fate that awaits her. She may very well ooze as well.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Part III

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Part II

--

Her responses:

Her response

Part III

I have a few question, and I'm not sure how to word it without sounding like a dick. They are honest question, without any snark to follow your answer.

Did this surprise you? Were you expecting more human from her? Did you think you had a chance at communication, or was it just a personal confirmation thing?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The New Dominion

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The New Dominion

EL OH MOTHERFUCKING EL
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have a few question, and I'm not sure how to word it without sounding like a dick. They are honest question, without any snark to follow your answer.

Did this surprise you? Were you expecting more human from her? Did you think you had a chance at communication, or was it just a personal confirmation thing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Part II

--

Her responses:

Her response

Part III

My guess is it was more about having a clear conscience.

He warned her face to face that there would be consequences to violating the constitution.
What she does with that information is not on his head.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:29:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Part II

--

Her responses:

Her response

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To set the stage:

Part I

Part II

--

Her responses:

Her response

Damn.

You clearly and articulated my gravest concerns, and clearly did it in an articulate and convincing manner.

Her response (the same cheap talking points that I'm seeing from the left on social media and in OpEds), tells me that she is either woefully naive/ignorant, or complicit. Someone does not make it to her position by being an idiot, so I believe it is the latter.

The future just got a little clearer for me, and my resolve a little stronger.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. You are a greta American.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#44]
She must of been terrified. Probably having a glass of Chardonnay right now with friends recounting her close call with the man with a gun. Did you have to go thru a metal detector to meet with her?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Part III
View Quote
Your experience mirrored every conversation I have ever had with a D inside the building at Lobby Day.  I see no point in going back inside.  But I will be outside on 1/20.

ETA:  Thank you for doing this.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My guess is it was more about having a clear conscience.

He warned her face to face that there would be consequences to violating the constitution.
What she does with that information is not on his head.  
View Quote
@Urban_Viking

This is worth repeating.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Part III

View Quote
Sounds like playtime is over abs it's time to start showing up at their homes.

By the hundred. I'm gave if it's organized.
.abd armed.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Your experience mirrored every conversation I have ever had with a D inside the building at Lobby Day.  I see no point in going back inside.  But I will be outside on 1/20.
View Quote
Yup.

This is exhibit A of what it will be like inside the GA on Lobby Day.

We are past that.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
She must of been terrified. Probably having a glass of Chardonnay right now with friends recounting her close call with the man with a gun. Did you have to go thru a metal detector to meet with her?
View Quote
Exactly.

These people think they are invulnerable. After all they have been that way for so long now.

When is the last time one of them even got roughed up a bit?

I have said it before and I'll say it again. Until these people find out that there are very real and personally painful consequences they will continue to ignore us.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Part II

--

Her responses:

Her response

Part III

LexConcord--

Is there a chance--any chance--that what she was admitted to you in your conversation (albeit form a position of great, royal condescension) was that the bills which have been "pre-filed" are all horseshit, just smoke and mirrors, sound and fury signifying nothing designed to rally the Democrat base, and that the legislature actually has NO intention of moving forward with the proposals put forward--and may dial it back to some face-saving "background check for all transfers" public safety PR stunt?

She said:  Nobody is going to outlaw your guns. Nobody is going to go door to door and collect them. There is no need to dig a hole and bury your guns in the back yard (yes, she really said that). This is all being exacerbated by the Gun Lobby and the NRA. There really is nothing to worry about – you’ll be able to keep your guns."

How in the world could she possibly believe that--unless she knew the "pre-filed bills" were all political theatre for the base?

Curious as to your response.
Page / 423
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top