Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 423
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How could I be impersonating an officer when I am properly labeled?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/42361/ra9kwryw-1198280.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Speaking of the VNG . . .

I wonder how many patriots will be practically indistinguishable from them?
Careful what you wish for. Commie AG says anyone with decent equipment can be prosecuted as impersonating an officer. I'm sure he'd apply that to impersonating a guardsman.

"Your honor, I request these charges be dropped."
On what grounds?
"My shit is way better than theirs lmao. I didn't know the NG was poors."
How could I be impersonating an officer when I am properly labeled?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/42361/ra9kwryw-1198280.jpg

That's awesome.

My only cool one is MAKE COMMUNISM ILLEGAL AGAIN
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:23:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thank you. I was going to post something very similar. I am uneasy (to say the least) about the NRA's involvement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, correct me if I'm wrong,  but nothing they vote in takes affect until July, unless they can get a 2/3s vote to "rush" enactment?
Correct, except it takes a 4/5ths majority in both chambers of the VA legislature to pass emergency legislation. Not happening. July 1 is when it gets real.
Not to be negative, but what are the chances that the Dems can get enough votes for that if they agree to grandfathering?
if the NRA proclaims it good because it allows the NRA to claim a victory ("we got confiscation turned into merely registration and grandfathering! You can keep your guns/mags!!"), that may sway some Republicans.

To me, that's the interesting thing about NRA's sudden interest in Virginia state-level legislation.  The NRA will try to ride to the rescue and claim victory by taking a 100% shit bill and convincing enough legislators to make it a 90% shit bill, thinking Virginia gun owners will view them as the heroes for that.  It won't, it will enrage Virginia gun owners at NRA's treachery.
Thank you. I was going to post something very similar. I am uneasy (to say the least) about the NRA's involvement.
My wife asked if the NRA holding a rally a week earlier would effect the numbers at this one.

I told her we don’t care about the NRA’s rally because they are not organizing this one. They are VERY late to the table and there are no more seats available.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The confiscations will occur one at a time with the passage of a red flag law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honest question guys

Should one bring there go to rifle or a cheap one?

The reason I ask this is if there is confiscation of rifles/pistols/gear, what should you bring?

Also for the VA folks, would there be any chance of a confiscation?
@PA-Minuteman

I was debating that one myself. If I can make it (timing still up in the air), I will be bringing a dependable duty grade rifle. I'll leave my SHTF rifle(s) at home.

I would love to bring my fav but losing a mid level rifle won't make me cry.

As far as gear go with what ever you feel is prudent. At least carry an IFAK and a couple of reloads.

I don't have any tactical gear besides a battle belt and a battle bag. I like moving fast and light. On the upside standing for hours in full battle rattle would suck for me. I'm too old and broke for that, my knee's can't do it.

The most important thing is to show up. I'm trying to get there.

Edit: Since you have medical training you may want to lean heavy on that. You have a special skill that is very valuable that most people don't.
Isn't the entire purpose of this to say you can't take my rifle?

Now we are worried about confiscation of our good guns?

But are ok if they take our 2nd tier guns?

I think once you lock and load then walk into downtown Richmond the decision to comply has already been made.
No one is confiscating anything...
The confiscations will occur one at a time with the passage of a red flag law.
Right up to the point where a neighborhood watch goes hot on a group of JBTs and then there won't be any more. I suspect since all of the red flag laws I've seen bypass due process, they won't stand up to even mild scrutiny. Easy win for a good lawyer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Parts 1-3 should be submitted as a letter to the editor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Part II

For those unaware, Delegate and Speaker-Designee Eileen Filler-Corns position and office in the Virginia State government is roughly the equivalent to Nancy Pelosi.  Speaker of the House (designee – will take that office in January), former House Minority Leader, now House Majority Leader.  She has sway and she has quite a bit of power and influence within the state legislature.

There’s more than a bit to write as to the conversation, so I’ll keep it as brief as possible.  As I mentioned before, my attempt to record the convo failed miserably.  The following is compiled from memory, my notes and the parts of my recording that I could decipher.  Rather than make it a transcript, I’ll lay it out as to the statements made:

After making introductions, we shook hands and sat at a table, with her aid standing nearby.  She had an ipad set up in front of her, tilted towards her like a monitor, and she’d occasionally type stuff on it.  Probably texting with her aide, who already knew where I stood on things where he was feeding her info, and also probably adding me to more lists.
--

Ma’am, I’m here to discuss my extreme concerns with the myriad of anti-gun legislation introduced into the upcoming legislative session.  I’m sure you’re aide has briefed you on my position with this, since he and I spoke for some time already.  No change in her expression or attempt confirm/ deny as to my statement.

I am here to ask you to please withdraw support for these draconian bills.  I implore you to use your speaker-ship to urge your fellow delegates and senators to withdraw support as well.

I am your typical, law-abiding resident of Virginia and citizen of the United States.  I, along with millions just like me, walk the straight and narrow.  I may exceed the speed limit occasionally, but I, and many others like me, put great effort into abiding not only to the rule of law, but to a polite social contract that is guided by morality.

If these bills are passed, and are made into law – I, and millions of Virginians just like me, will become felons overnight.  Not by any wrong doing of my own, but by writ and the stroke of legislative pen, all in the name of an overzealous pursuit of misguided ideology.  If respect for the law and reverence for the consequences for having violated that law is what keeps us law abiding, what then, is the inevitable outcome, when we are now labeled felons?  What is left to maintain peace and order, once the threat of criminality is removed?

***At this point, the aide interrupts and lets me know my time is up and that others are waiting their turn***

My response to that was:  I waited 45 minutes as well, I'm almost done and it's very important that we are able to fully conclude our mutual concerns here.  Del. Filler Corn looked at me, up at the aide (sayinig get him outta here with her eyes), back at me and I continued speaking, ignoring the aide as if there hadn't been an interruption.

What we have seen since the introduction of the myriad of anti-gun bills is an incredibly outpouring by regular, every day Virginians.  We have seen 87 of 95 counties along with numerous cities and towns, adopt some form of 2nd Amendment Sanctuary resolution.  That is 91% of the Commonwealth.  That is sending a very clear and decisive message to Richmond.  Both Gov Northam and AG Herring have engaged in some very inflammatory rhetoric, and followed up by doubling down on it.  This further fans the flames of discord.  The people of Virginia are up in arms over this, and I mean that literally – people are taking up arms over the actions of the legislature.

On the same hand, people are having open, unveiled conversations regarding everything I just said.  The people are making plans for the inevitability of draconian, unconstitutional laws being enacted.  As Richmond’s intention is no longer veiled, neither is the peoples response.

From the introduction of these sweeping bills to today, we have seen people come together like never before.  There is no leader to this reaction – it is everyday Virginians trying to have their voices heard, and their communities supporting and defending them.  It’s incredibly clear which side of this legislation that the people of Virginia, as a whole, are on.  History can teach us things.  The old cliché of those who do not learn from it, are doomed to repeat it, is very much relevant to this conversation.  These are the Intolerable Acts of our time.

Again, please, I ask for your help in withdrawing support for these bills, letting them die in committee and allowing cooler heads to prevail.  Given what we are facing, is that something you will support?

Her responses:

Blah blah blah. Pre-written talking points. Literally!  Best of all, her actual response to my closing statement asking for her support was:

"There is a lot of unnecessary rhetoric being thrown about right now.  These are common sense measures that are supported by over 90% of the people of Virginia.  Nobody is going to outlaw your guns.  Nobody is going to go door to door and collect them.  There is no need to dig a hole and bury your guns in the back yard (yes, she really said that).  This is all being exacerbated by the Gun Lobby and the NRA.  There really is nothing to worry about – you’ll be able to keep your guns."  (Where have we heard language like this before?)

My response and closing to that was:

Madame Speaker Designee, with all due respect, what you just said is patently false and highlights how you have completely misread the pulse of the Commonwealth.

Instead of listening to the lobbyists, New York funded special interest groups, various polls and aides within the echo chamber that are the halls of the state legislature, you should listen to the message that the people of Virginia are sending – it is loud and it is clear.

The voices you are hearing and the sanctuary resolutions you are seeing passed are from individuals throughout the commonwealth.  91% of the state does not, in fact, want any of this.  There is no lobby, no funding from wealthy individuals feeding any fear mongering – there is no leader or leading entity and the NRA has been unbelievably and disappointingly absent from the conversation.  This is a wholly organic, grassroots effort.  We are standing on a dangerous precipice.  If this legislation continues down its current path and is enacted, there will be a comeuppance.  That is a guarantee, and the result not being known yet, it’s safe to say that it may not be solely political in nature.  We are looking at a defining moment in our history.  To say otherwise is a fool’s errand.

Her response

Thank you for sharing your views.  It was nice to meet you.  Have a nice day.

That’s pretty much it.  Everything is falling on deaf ears.

Part III/ Final Thoughts & Observations to come.
Part III

Some final thoughts and observations:

Throughout my career, negotiation has been a large part of it.  I’ve done many. Some were successful, some were not.  Some were quite significant, others minor.

Over time, through repetition and trial and error, you develop an ability to sense the other party’s reception to your pitch.  It’s hard to describe for those who haven’t experienced it - it's not a tangible or teachable thing, but the combination of body language, eye and facial expression, how they sit, how they hold their hands, their tone, lots of stuff – all of these things can and will betray the words that come out of their mouth.

That said, I can tell you, with 100%, absolute certainty:

She did not want to hear one word out of my mouth.  Only out of decorum and the public nature of the meeting, did she tolerate my presence and allow herself to hear my opinion.

I sensed true and legitimate contempt towards me on her part.

The finality of the conversation dripped with condescension.

There is a very real smugness, arrogance and air of superiority that just oozes from these people.

This was the very first time I've ever done anything like this. This is the first time I've ever petitioned a politician face to face.  I didnt know what to expect.

One thing is for sure, and I don't know how to quite put this - she (and the rest of these politicians, I assume) is/ are just a different species of human being.  I've sat across from very high ranking C-level folks (and even told them things they don't want to hear, we weren't on the best of terms, etc.), and I never got that feeling.

Can't quite put my finger on what it was, but she just seemed, different.  There was no human connection, no empathy, no emotion whatsoever.  Only contempt. A hidden, seething, something.  It was quite strange really - disconcerting and very off putting.  I felt like I was dealing with a robot or an alien or something, not another living, breathing person.  There just was no... connection.

I’ll tell you this, now that I have sat in front of arguably, one of the most powerful people in the VA Legislature -There is no swaying them and they will not stop pushing this legislation.

To simply ignore the factual points I made regarding 2A sanctuaries, the percentage of VA they constituted, people taking up arms, the dire warnings, etc. and to come back with “90% of VA wants this”, “It’s the NRA/ Gun Lobby stoking fear”, “Nobody will outlaw or take your guns”.  I mean, seriously?  I just had a decidedly cogent, articulate and polished interaction with you (I won’t call it a conversation), and you're treating me like an idiot and pretending not to have heard my (valid) points?

I feel my experience today would have been similar to sitting across from Pelosi during the Obama Care passage.

I’m still going on Lobby Day, in fact, I am more eager now, than ever.

However, I think the tone will be different.

We all need to stay the course and continue to fight.

Even if they pass these abortions of bills in January, they can be pulled back prior to enactment in July.

We need EVERYONE in Richmond on 1/20.  Let them see the folly of their ways.
I agree strongly that it should be.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Part II

For those unaware, Delegate and Speaker-Designee Eileen Filler-Corns position and office in the Virginia State government is roughly the equivalent to Nancy Pelosi.  Speaker of the House (designee  will take that office in January), former House Minority Leader, now House Majority Leader.  She has sway and she has quite a bit of power and influence within the state legislature.

There's more than a bit to write as to the conversation, so I'll keep it as brief as possible.  As I mentioned before, my attempt to record the convo failed miserably.  The following is compiled from memory, my notes and the parts of my recording that I could decipher.  Rather than make it a transcript, I'll lay it out as to the statements made:

After making introductions, we shook hands and sat at a table, with her aid standing nearby.  She had an ipad set up in front of her, tilted towards her like a monitor, and she'd occasionally type stuff on it.  Probably texting with her aide, who already knew where I stood on things where he was feeding her info, and also probably adding me to more lists.
--

Ma'am, I'm here to discuss my extreme concerns with the myriad of anti-gun legislation introduced into the upcoming legislative session.  I'm sure you're aide has briefed you on my position with this, since he and I spoke for some time already.  No change in her expression or attempt confirm/ deny as to my statement.

I am here to ask you to please withdraw support for these draconian bills.  I implore you to use your speaker-ship to urge your fellow delegates and senators to withdraw support as well.

I am your typical, law-abiding resident of Virginia and citizen of the United States.  I, along with millions just like me, walk the straight and narrow.  I may exceed the speed limit occasionally, but I, and many others like me, put great effort into abiding not only to the rule of law, but to a polite social contract that is guided by morality.

If these bills are passed, and are made into law  I, and millions of Virginians just like me, will become felons overnight.  Not by any wrong doing of my own, but by writ and the stroke of legislative pen, all in the name of an overzealous pursuit of misguided ideology.  If respect for the law and reverence for the consequences for having violated that law is what keeps us law abiding, what then, is the inevitable outcome, when we are now labeled felons?  What is left to maintain peace and order, once the threat of criminality is removed?

***At this point, the aide interrupts and lets me know my time is up and that others are waiting their turn***

My response to that was:  I waited 45 minutes as well, I'm almost done and it's very important that we are able to fully conclude our mutual concerns here.  Del. Filler Corn looked at me, up at the aide (sayinig get him outta here with her eyes), back at me and I continued speaking, ignoring the aide as if there hadn't been an interruption.

What we have seen since the introduction of the myriad of anti-gun bills is an incredibly outpouring by regular, every day Virginians.  We have seen 87 of 95 counties along with numerous cities and towns, adopt some form of 2nd Amendment Sanctuary resolution.  That is 91% of the Commonwealth.  That is sending a very clear and decisive message to Richmond.  Both Gov Northam and AG Herring have engaged in some very inflammatory rhetoric, and followed up by doubling down on it.  This further fans the flames of discord.  The people of Virginia are up in arms over this, and I mean that literally  people are taking up arms over the actions of the legislature.

On the same hand, people are having open, unveiled conversations regarding everything I just said.  The people are making plans for the inevitability of draconian, unconstitutional laws being enacted.  As Richmond's intention is no longer veiled, neither is the peoples response.

From the introduction of these sweeping bills to today, we have seen people come together like never before.  There is no leader to this reaction  it is everyday Virginians trying to have their voices heard, and their communities supporting and defending them.  It's incredibly clear which side of this legislation that the people of Virginia, as a whole, are on.  History can teach us things.  The old clich of those who do not learn from it, are doomed to repeat it, is very much relevant to this conversation.  These are the Intolerable Acts of our time.

Again, please, I ask for your help in withdrawing support for these bills, letting them die in committee and allowing cooler heads to prevail.  Given what we are facing, is that something you will support?

Her responses:

Blah blah blah. Pre-written talking points. Literally!  Best of all, her actual response to my closing statement asking for her support was:

"There is a lot of unnecessary rhetoric being thrown about right now.  These are common sense measures that are supported by over 90% of the people of Virginia.  Nobody is going to outlaw your guns.  Nobody is going to go door to door and collect them.  There is no need to dig a hole and bury your guns in the back yard (yes, she really said that).  This is all being exacerbated by the Gun Lobby and the NRA.  There really is nothing to worry about  you'll be able to keep your guns."  (Where have we heard language like this before?)

My response and closing to that was:

Madame Speaker Designee, with all due respect, what you just said is patently false and highlights how you have completely misread the pulse of the Commonwealth.

Instead of listening to the lobbyists, New York funded special interest groups, various polls and aides within the echo chamber that are the halls of the state legislature, you should listen to the message that the people of Virginia are sending  it is loud and it is clear.

The voices you are hearing and the sanctuary resolutions you are seeing passed are from individuals throughout the commonwealth.  91% of the state does not, in fact, want any of this.  There is no lobby, no funding from wealthy individuals feeding any fear mongering  there is no leader or leading entity and the NRA has been unbelievably and disappointingly absent from the conversation.  This is a wholly organic, grassroots effort.  We are standing on a dangerous precipice.  If this legislation continues down its current path and is enacted, there will be a comeuppance.  That is a guarantee, and the result not being known yet, it's safe to say that it may not be solely political in nature.  We are looking at a defining moment in our history.  To say otherwise is a fool's errand.

Her response

Thank you for sharing your views.  It was nice to meet you.  Have a nice day.

That's pretty much it.  Everything is falling on deaf ears.

Part III/ Final Thoughts & Observations to come.
Part III

Some final thoughts and observations:

Throughout my career, negotiation has been a large part of it.  I've done many. Some were successful, some were not.  Some were quite significant, others minor.

Over time, through repetition and trial and error, you develop an ability to sense the other party's reception to your pitch.  It's hard to describe for those who haven't experienced it - it's not a tangible or teachable thing, but the combination of body language, eye and facial expression, how they sit, how they hold their hands, their tone, lots of stuff  all of these things can and will betray the words that come out of their mouth.

That said, I can tell you, with 100%, absolute certainty:

She did not want to hear one word out of my mouth.  Only out of decorum and the public nature of the meeting, did she tolerate my presence and allow herself to hear my opinion.

I sensed true and legitimate contempt towards me on her part.

The finality of the conversation dripped with condescension.

There is a very real smugness, arrogance and air of superiority that just oozes from these people.

This was the very first time I've ever done anything like this. This is the first time I've ever petitioned a politician face to face.  I didnt know what to expect.

One thing is for sure, and I don't know how to quite put this - she (and the rest of these politicians, I assume) is/ are just a different species of human being.  I've sat across from very high ranking C-level folks (and even told them things they don't want to hear, we weren't on the best of terms, etc.), and I never got that feeling.

Can't quite put my finger on what it was, but she just seemed, different.  There was no human connection, no empathy, no emotion whatsoever.  Only contempt. A hidden, seething, something.  It was quite strange really - disconcerting and very off putting.  I felt like I was dealing with a robot or an alien or something, not another living, breathing person.  There just was no... connection.

I'll tell you this, now that I have sat in front of arguably, one of the most powerful people in the VA Legislature -There is no swaying them and they will not stop pushing this legislation.

To simply ignore the factual points I made regarding 2A sanctuaries, the percentage of VA they constituted, people taking up arms, the dire warnings, etc. and to come back with "90% of VA wants this", "It's the NRA/ Gun Lobby stoking fear", "Nobody will outlaw or take your guns".  I mean, seriously?  I just had a decidedly cogent, articulate and polished interaction with you (I won't call it a conversation), and you're treating me like an idiot and pretending not to have heard my (valid) points?

I feel my experience today would have been similar to sitting across from Pelosi during the Obama Care passage.

I'm still going on Lobby Day, in fact, I am more eager now, than ever.

However, I think the tone will be different.

We all need to stay the course and continue to fight.

Even if they pass these abortions of bills in January, they can be pulled back prior to enactment in July.

We need EVERYONE in Richmond on 1/20.  Let them see the folly of their ways.
I agree as well. It is important that we start keeping record now.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's awesome.

My only cool one is MAKE COMMUNISM ILLEGAL AGAIN
View Quote
My first thought when I read Herring's twisted opinion was, "OK, I'm going to get a giant patch that says NOT POLICE."
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Even the MSM would have a hard time ignoring a crowd that large but of course they'd spot a Confederate flag (which I am proud of btw) and call it a white supremist, skinhead,  neo nazi rally
View Quote
I expect the news media will seriously downplay the event to make the rest of the country think there isn't much going on. But the southern flags will be focused on in order to use them as justification for passing laws, to disarm the nazis/racists. Probably the southern flags are about the only thing the rest of the country will see, a "a bunch of racists with rifles". Radicals.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I expect the news media will seriously downplay the event to make the rest of the country think there isn't much going on. But the southern flags will be focused on in order to use them as justification for passing laws, to disarm the nazis/racists. Probably the southern flags are about the only thing the rest of the country will see, a "a bunch of racists with rifles". Radicals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even the MSM would have a hard time ignoring a crowd that large but of course they'd spot a Confederate flag (which I am proud of btw) and call it a white supremist, skinhead,  neo nazi rally
Maybe we should be taking a bunch of antifa flags just to balance that out and confuse the media?  Never in my life did I think I'd be doing that, but you can damn well bet the other side would plant some confederate flags.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Maybe we should be taking a bunch of antifa flags just to balance that out and confuse the media?  Never in my life did I think I'd be doing that, but you can damn well bet the other side would plant some confederate flags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just bring VA state flags. The MSM doesnt matter. We will have our own coverage of the event that will be all over the internet.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Random thoughts:

-If there's any cell service we could all do FB live videos. Honestly, guys, we're way past the point of secrecy or privacy. I'm sure I'm on a list. Some well-planned FB live videos could give us some good PR. I've said enough on FB under my own name to pretty much make me the first stop in the county if confiscation ever came to TN. Let's use it to our advantage and stop trying to hide. Yeah, easy for me to say from the relative safety of TN.

-An army moves on its stomach. I hope someone's bringing food trucks. And water. And porta potties.

-If 100k+ people show up to this thing it's going to be a circus. It's still 3 weeks off. It's fun to joke about various aspects of it but let's still stay focused on bringing more people. Let's not let reports of high expectations cause people to say 'oh, big enough' and stay home. We need to keep building momentum.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Same here.

Even sadder, this is all happening in the NRA's back yard, HQ being in Fairfax and all.  One would think that they'd be proactively protective on what is going on in their immediate AO.
View Quote
They were hoping to let it build some head, to really kick up the fundraising.
Then Patriots fucked up all their shitty plans.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Random thoughts:

-If there's any cell service we could all do FB live videos. Honestly, guys, we're way past the point of secrecy or privacy. I'm sure I'm on a list. Some well-planned FB live videos could give us some good PR. I've said enough on FB under my own name to pretty much make me the first stop in the county if confiscation ever came to TN. Let's use it to our advantage and stop trying to hide. Yeah, easy for me to say from the relative safety of TN.

-An army moves on its stomach. I hope someone's bringing food trucks. And water. And porta potties.

-If 100k+ people show up to this thing it's going to be a circus. It's still 3 weeks off. It's fun to joke about various aspects of it but let's still stay focused on bringing more people. Let's not let reports of high expectations cause people to say 'oh, big enough' and stay home. We need to keep building momentum.
View Quote
Agreed on keep building the momentum and encouraging folks to show up.

I'd also suggest bringing your own provisions for food and water. Even if they have food trucks and such, it'll be a really, really long wait in line. Portajohns may or may not be an issue depending on the people-to-PJ ratio.

All that said, just come and bring as many with you as you can. We need the help and we need the showing of strength.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Post 8700 says the communists will never win here.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Picketing or protesting in front of a person's home is a criminal misdemeanor in Virginia and will get your ass locked up.

In addition, you can be sued in civil court and end up with a substantial judgment against you.

Don't do it.
View Quote
So gun owners plan to ignore unconstitutional gun laws, but have utmost respect for laws that curtail the right to peaceably assemble on public property (aka a sidewalk)? That seems...weird. If enough protesters show up they can do whatever they want. People are going to have some decisions to make in the coming months.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So gun owners plan to ignore unconstitutional gun laws, but have utmost respect for laws that curtail the right to peaceably assemble on public property (aka a sidewalk)? That seems...weird. If enough protesters show up they can do whatever they want. People are going to have some decisions to make in the coming months.
View Quote
In terms of tactics, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  Think ahead what the enemy might do to disrupt the rally in advance.  I'm not saying let that deter anyone, just plan ahead for contingencies.  Don't walk into it thinking there won't be pushback.  Be ready for any response no matter how outlandish it might seem.  One example:  They will undoubtedly "plant" ringers wearing swastikas and confederate flags for the cameras.  There must be plans in place to police up the bad seeds that get sewn.  That's just being prudent and realizing it really is a war, and the enemy isn't just going to sit there and let itself be defeated.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How did VSP arrive at this number?
View Quote
With fear in their bellies and a clenching of bowels.

TN Stands With VA!
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Post 8700 says the communists will never win here.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Honest question guys

The reason I ask this is if there is confiscation of rifles/pistols/gear, what should you bring?

View Quote
Make sure you’re legal if you don’t have a CHP from your state... I’d just go with a cheap one, personally, but eh...
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was working on renting a Live U Unit, but it uses cell modems for the uplink and I am not confident it will be able to output a solid stream for social media.

Regardless, there will be 5-6 crews of Arfcom/VCDL camera peeps there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those of us who can't attend, will there be any live feeds or do we just wait for the MSM's version?
I was working on renting a Live U Unit, but it uses cell modems for the uplink and I am not confident it will be able to output a solid stream for social media.

I would say satcom but that's stupid expensive for a one-time, high bandwidth/volume connection.

Have you thought about maybe using somebody's wifi nearby using a directional antenna? I think there's hotels where Arfcommers are staying that would be in reach that way. Not a great option but it's all I got at the moment. The cell network will probably be working for a while. But, I wouldn't count on it when the bulk of the people coming arrive, which is right when you'd want to be using it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I’ve got a couple FirstNet SIMs, if you need one.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I would say satcom but that's stupid expensive for a one-time, high bandwidth/volume connection.

Have you thought about maybe using somebody's wifi nearby using a directional antenna? I think there's hotels where Arfcommers are staying that would be in reach that way. Not a great option but it's all I got at the moment. The cell network will probably be working for a while. But, I wouldn't count on it when the bulk of the people coming arrive, which is right when you'd want to be using it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those of us who can't attend, will there be any live feeds or do we just wait for the MSM's version?

I'm at the Berkeley, which is about 500ft away.  I also have some unifi outdoor APs, and could probably rig something up, depending on what side of the building my room is on.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'd also suggest bringing your own provisions for food and water. Even if they have food trucks and such, it'll be a really, really long wait in line. Portajohns may or may not be an issue depending on the people-to-PJ ratio.

All that said, just come and bring as many with you as you can. We need the help and we need the showing of strength.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Random thoughts:

Imodium isn't a bad plan if your going to be somewhere for hours on end, with limited bathroom access. Especially if you figure that at least some arfcommers may have a few beers the night before.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wifi idea is good, but keep in mind the hotel wifi may be completely saturated as well.  Best case would be if someone had access to wifi from a nearby business.  Not sure if that is realistic though
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Picketing or protesting in front of a person's home is a criminal misdemeanor in Virginia and will get your ass locked up.

In addition, you can be sued in civil court and end up with a substantial judgment against you.

Don't do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The point of all of this.  Be it Lobby Day, NRA Day, or people protesting in front of congress member's homes is simply to tell them that they now have skin in the game.

Hell.. You want to start fucking with them early... everyone start mailing scopes to the statehouse, with a little note that says "we see what you are doing".

Don't do it.
If it’s criminal, then no, don’t protest there.

At a minimum we should be putting out flyers all over Richmond
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

In terms of tactics, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  Think ahead what the enemy might do to disrupt the rally in advance.  I'm not saying let that deter anyone, just plan ahead for contingencies.  Don't walk into it thinking there won't be pushback.  Be ready for any response no matter how outlandish it might seem.  One example:  They will undoubtedly "plant" ringers wearing swastikas and confederate flags for the cameras.  There must be plans in place to police up the bad seeds that get sewn.  That's just being prudent and realizing it really is a war, and the enemy isn't just going to sit there and let itself be defeated.
View Quote
All good things to think about in terms of tactics, but that really wasn't my point.

I just find it ironic that some folks are claiming they'll ignore potential future felonies while giving full deference to current misdemeanors. If these laws are passed there will have to be a shift in mindset. The left has no problem hopping the fence at a nuclear facility, boarding a whaling ship, or gluing themselves to a public road for "climate change"...but we're scared to walk down a public sidewalk with signs in support of our constitutionally protected rights.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:11:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

All good things to think about in terms of tactics, but that really wasn't my point.

I just find it ironic that some folks are claiming they'll ignore potential future felonies while giving full deference to current misdemeanors. If these laws are passed there will have to be a shift in mindset. The left has no problem hopping the fence at a nuclear facility, boarding a whaling ship, or gluing themselves to a public road for "climate change"...but we're scared to walk down a public sidewalk with signs in support of our constitutionally protected rights.
View Quote
No, I got you're point.  Part of civil disobedience is being willing to push the envelope, for sure.  I always said, "Don't break the rules, but don't be afraid to bend them into a pretzel."

I was just saying remember that this is indeed a war, and when you punch you're going to be punched back.  Be ready for the punch.  Expect it.  Prepare your response to it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If there is a hotel or rested with WiFi near enough, perhaps that’s an option?
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Imodium isn't a bad plan if your going to be somewhere for hours on end, with limited bathroom access. Especially if you figure that at least some arfcommers may have a few beers the night before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Random thoughts:

Imodium draws water out if your colon and makes you have to pee more.  Still better than crapping on the street.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those would be perfect in this scenario.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No, I got you're point.  Part of civil disobedience is being willing to push the envelope, for sure.  I always said, "Don't break the rules, but don't be afraid to bend them into a pretzel."

I was just saying remember that this is indeed a war, and when you punch you're going to be punched back.  Be ready for the punch.  Expect it.  Prepare your response to it.
View Quote
I don't find it that surprising. Our group is very law abiding and respecting of authority and laws, unless/until those laws become a blatant violation of the constitution. Then the situation has changed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes. VSP/RPD/CPD all have extensive crowd control training and SOPs. Most will include barriers (access control to the State House, blocking off other government buildings, perhaps establishing a press area, medical area, etc.)

Furthermore, I would expect some National Guard presence. There is always an element that functions as a QRF for that year and receives crowd control training. It is normal to have some NG presence for an event of this size.

It is important to remember that these guys are just there to keep everyone safe. They would be there regardless the purpose of the event. The 2A movement has seen huge support from the LE/MIL community and we need to keep it that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there any honorable reason why LEO would set up barriers at the Rattlesnake Rally ?
Yes. VSP/RPD/CPD all have extensive crowd control training and SOPs. Most will include barriers (access control to the State House, blocking off other government buildings, perhaps establishing a press area, medical area, etc.)

Furthermore, I would expect some National Guard presence. There is always an element that functions as a QRF for that year and receives crowd control training. It is normal to have some NG presence for an event of this size.

It is important to remember that these guys are just there to keep everyone safe. They would be there regardless the purpose of the event. The 2A movement has seen huge support from the LE/MIL community and we need to keep it that way.
It helps me to understand the difference between what they are doing is being done with good intentions and something... else.

All this talk of riot gear for police and flash-bangs... Soros and Co. would like nothing better than to have things go hot.

Thanks again for the information.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
We are a people of moral character, trying to defend one of our nation’s highest laws.  Hence the hesitation to break any laws.
It’s a catch 22.

But. The founding father decided to commit capital offenses against the crown, when forced to.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I really need to find a way get there.  Long effing drive from Texas.

Would love to see the TSA guys reaction at plates, mags, helmet, NV, ammo, comms, etc in checked baggage....
View Quote
You can wear your plate carrier onto the plane. Folks have done it before.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Careful what you wish for. Commie AG says anyone with decent equipment can be prosecuted as impersonating an officer. I'm sure he'd apply that to impersonating a guardsman.

On what grounds?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Speaking of the VNG . . .

I wonder how many patriots will be practically indistinguishable from them?

On what grounds?
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Random thoughts:

We need bathroom officers to triage the portajohns according to users' urgency

Or maybe stage the first shit-in?  Everybody shoot a duece on the Gubner's lawn?  It'd sure make an impression.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Random thoughts:

Brief relief bags work well
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Random thoughts:

View Quote
You will not likely have enough cell service to text, much less stream.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Imodium draws water out if your colon and makes you have to pee more.  Still better than crapping on the street.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Random thoughts:

Depends underwear ?
Piss bottle surrounded/shielded by likeminded people ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Depends underwear ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Random thoughts:

Depends underwear ?
Honestly, some large mouth bottles (Gatorade or equivalent) wouldn't be a bad idea.  Better than nothing in an emergency
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Militia is the new terrorist. We're being psyoped now to be seen as the insurgents / bad guys.

Every news article I found was "militiamen".

http://www.wmal.com/2019/12/31/militiamen-breach-us-embassy-in-baghdad-trump-blames-iran/
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Militia is the new terrorist. We're being psyoped now to be seen as the insurgents / bad guys.

http://www.wmal.com/2019/12/31/militiamen-breach-us-embassy-in-baghdad-trump-blames-iran/
View Quote
It's flat out disgusting the way the media tries to manipulate information.

That said, the MSM was never going to portray us in a positive light.

That's why the alternative media coverage of this is so important.
I know there will be several professionals there filming, but we need anyone with the equipment to film.  Even if it's just so you can have footage to hand off to the guys who know how to edit and put stuff together.
I am buying a gopro specifically for this event.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Honestly, some large mouth bottles (Gatorade or equivalent) wouldn't be a bad idea.  Better than nothing in an emergency
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Random thoughts:

Depends underwear ?
One is always in my truck and I’ll make sure one is in my pack - along with enough food and water for two days.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
I noticed that they called the Iran-backed terrorists "militiamen" as well. Those guys are "militiamen" in the same way that drug runners are "migrants."
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#45]
If things get sporty, I'd expect the popo to use localized cell phone/wifi jamming. Yes it's illegal, but that doesn't seem to bother the king's men very much
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Depends underwear ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Random thoughts:

Depends underwear ?
Texas sling.   Condom catheter with a bag taped to your leg.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Make sure you’re legal if you don’t have a CHP from your state... I’d just go with a cheap one, personally, but eh...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honest question guys

If it’s legal to open carry, then under what legal pretense could they possibly have to confiscate your gun ?
Assuming you’re doing nothing otherwise illegal ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Random thoughts:

Depends underwear ?
<—-<<<. Off to search for Texas sling...

ETA- I’ll use a piss bottle.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I wouldn't want to throw flashbangs at a pissed off armed group.

That's just asking for things to blow up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Besides, watching riot cops break and run was one of the formative experiences of my life; it's something everyone deserves to witness in person at least once.
I would have preferred to have seen it without also getting a concussion, but ya play the cards you're delt.....
It's all fun and games until the flashbangs come out, then it's still fun(but for keepsies).
I wouldn't want to throw flashbangs at a pissed off armed group.

That's just asking for things to blow up.
Ask antifa how throwing IEDs at us worked out for them summer of 2018.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Several are mentioning the National Guard potentially being there for crowd control. We are only 22 days away. Has anyone actually heard of any units being called up. Surely we would be hearing something soon on that.
Page / 423
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top