Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Andy Frisella had good interview with Vivek.  It's a long interview but worth the watch when you have the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzlMEJD96tI
View Quote
Can you link to the Desantis one too?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Again, from the OP, Vivek stated that "God is REAL."

I don't care about him being Hindu. He can believe in whatever he wants to believe.

But how can he make the statement that "God is REAL" when he doesn't believe in God? Is he making a statement before the people that he has converted to a sect of Christianity and has abandoned his faith in Hinduism? Or is he throwing out meat for the crowd to gobble up to keep them distracted?

This is like a Communist stating that Capitalism is superior to Communism, while still being a Communist. It is a core belief of that person, but they're making statements that run counter to it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/ITjwusi.jpeg
I don't care about him being Hindu. He can believe in whatever he wants to believe.

But how can he make the statement that "God is REAL" when he doesn't believe in God? Is he making a statement before the people that he has converted to a sect of Christianity and has abandoned his faith in Hinduism? Or is he throwing out meat for the crowd to gobble up to keep them distracted?

This is like a Communist stating that Capitalism is superior to Communism, while still being a Communist. It is a core belief of that person, but they're making statements that run counter to it.
View Quote

It's a tactic to win Evangelical/Christian votes. Nothing more.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We went to see him in NH on Saturday.   Great message!   Someone who isn't afraid to speak the truths.   I really hope he can make it.   He's definitely not part of the swamp.  He talked about wanting to drastically cut the size of the federal government, and cancelling the "cancel people and returning our free speech.   It was a very good presentation.
Vivek:
https://i.imgur.com/ITjwusi.jpg

His platform:
https://i.imgur.com/8x03C2I.jpg
View Quote

GD will still hate him
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#5]
If primaries were tomorrow I'd vote for him.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Chances are, he doesn't really believe in God or Hinduism.  He believes in himself.   The statements on the backdrop are just to elicit support from potential voters.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
None of this matters. You all will see.
View Quote

This is true also.  Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Boomers are rotting to death in their elected seats but God forbid someone born after the invention of color TV gets elected.

Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence at 33, rebelling against the greatest military power on earth, but Vivek is too young to lead.
View Quote

Wait until they hear about Nathaniel Greene and their brains implode. But nope we need more 80 year old lifer insiders screwing over our country.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think he is premium VP material. He would make a good president, but he is a bit young.
View Quote

Hes still got something no other canidate has so far-- a way foward.

Trump is playing Bidens tactics this time around: the other guy is bad, vote for me. He won 2016 because he had a vision for America, which balanced out his mean tweets. I dont think he can win on mean tweets alone for 2024.

Santis cant articulate his position, and hes trying to be trump. The combinations is murdering him. He might be great in florida but he hasnt shown anybody he can play president.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You are either disingenuous or naive and uneducated regarding India's caste system historically, and how meritocracy was weaponized by Brahmin Tamils.

His Tamil Brahmin lineage is very important to him.

He has stated desire is to strip inter-generational American wealth. It's an attack on our society and our tradition.
View Quote

Wrong and much slander
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wrong and much slander
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are either disingenuous or naive and uneducated regarding India's caste system historically, and how meritocracy was weaponized by Brahmin Tamils.

He has stated desire is to strip inter-generational American wealth. It's an attack on our society and our tradition.

Wrong and much slander

Cite?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

We should definitely go with Trump again, then. He won’t be like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Snake oil salesman.
He can't deliver half of what he "wants".
Tell em what they want to hear and not the truth.
I'm trusting more in my fellow man, these days, than any slimy politician.  Regardless of party affiliation.

We should definitely go with Trump again, then. He won’t be like that.

Trump said he would reduce the national debt. LOL
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Chances are, he doesn't really believe in God or Hinduism.  He believes in himself.   The statements on the backdrop are just to elicit support from potential voters.
So, then he doesn't believe in what he's telling the voters. Why should I, as a voter trust him?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Chuck Todd even warmed up to Ramaswampy.

It’s a fraud. It’s a grand scheme.

If you (Removed, CoC-6~guns762)can’t see this guy is a wolf in sheeps clothing that will continue the Klaus Shuab agenda, this country truly is lost.

They are going to use him as a Ross Perot, but in the Primary.

Too many dumbasses who vote for someone other than Trump because he hurt their bible thumping grandmothers feelings in a mean tweet.
View Quote

Trump locked the county down, Trump refused to fire Fauci, Trump is still proud of the Vax(that he was actually invested in). Trump has zero idea what he did. He has zero idea what is wrong with the country and can't fix it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The machine is going hard in the paint for Trump.

Sad to see the public believing all this charade they are putting before us. It’s all done so There will be a perceived reason that Trump lost when they lock down and steal the election again with mail in votes and drop boxes.

That way you slaves that are thinking of Ramaswampy as their guy can believe the results and the Trumpers can point fingers as the country spirals into Marxism

Wake up fools.

The only way is Trump.
View Quote

You are absolutely delusional. Trump is still proud of the vax.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hard to understand.

But not going to much into Hinduism, but they believe in a supreme diety. It has many aspects they disagree in between the different sects and the religious structures are different from Christianity. But commonality does exist in a broad religious/philosophical sense.

-The world was created for a purpose
-People should be reverent towards higher ideals/faith/values/morals

But the statement “God is real” can be made and agreed between Christians and Hindus. This is in direct opposition to the current climate/propagation of secular atheism where people can create their own value systems mired in absolute hedonism/self preservation.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same can be said for every politician since the dawn of politics.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics of his old lady then.
That should disclose something.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#19]
He can take his 59% inheritance tax and stick it! Fuck that!
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

India’s caste system is extremely complex and there are a lot of nuance between 0AD to British rule to now. All of which there isn’t a shred of evidence that he subscribes to it now since…you know he was born and raised here away from it?

Prove that his lineage is a chief priority.

He has stated that it was a thought experiment and the analysis of what it would look like, trade offs for a flat tax, and consequences.

Much what you are doing is slander saying I’m being disingenuous. Wrong because you haven’t explained anything, it’s just conjecture parading around as fact.

So yeah
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@Jodan1776

Even if it is Christie or Pence?  Serious question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
  Of course, in the end I will vote for whoever is the Republican candidate,

@Jodan1776

Even if it is Christie or Pence?  Serious question.
@Hoji     Hell yeah!   What choice would I have?   Sure as shit wouldn't vote for a Democrat.
Even the worst RINO is better than a Democrat, especially today's radical left Democrats.
Now, if it was a choice between Kennedy and Romney, I might have to think about it, but I'm sure I'd still vote R
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Hard to understand.

But not going to much into Hinduism, but they believe in a supreme diety. It has many aspects they disagree in between the different sects and the religious structures are different from Christianity. But commonality does exist in a broad religious/philosophical sense.

-The world was created for a purpose
-People should be reverent towards higher ideals/faith/values/morals

But the statement "God is real" can be made and agreed between Christians and Hindus. This is in direct opposition to the current climate/propagation of secular atheism where people can create their own value systems mired in absolute hedonism/self preservation.
View Quote
This post explains it well
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So, then he doesn't believe in what he's telling the voters. Why should I, as a voter trust him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Evangelical/Christian voter demographic is the most important to win for becoming the GOP candidate and not coincidence it is #1 on his "TRUTH" visual in the backdrop; he is attempting to appeal to Christian demographic by convincing he is the same in regards to Faith. It is cunning tactic and flavor of his own identity politics. It shows real flaw in the content of his character.

Whether or not he is sincerely Hindu, I can't say, but it's not hard to see how his mother was vital in making sure the Tamil heritage and identity were front and center during his upbringing. His "arrogance" is connected.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Pics of his old lady then.
That should disclose something.
View Quote

?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The Evangelical/Christian voter demographic is the most important to win for becoming the GOP candidate and not coincidence it is #1 on his "TRUTH" visual in the backdrop; he is attempting to appeal to Christian demographic by convincing he is the same in regards to Faith. It is cunning tactic and flavor of his own identity politics. It shows real flaw in the content of his character.

Whether or not he is sincerely Hindu, I can't say, but it's not hard to see how his mother was vital in making sure the Tamil heritage and identity were front and center during his upbringing. His "arrogance" is connected.
View Quote

What a disgusting view, for a disgusting AaronR.

Is this the best of the Republican base? Smearing the decisions of parents, the respect of freedom of religion, and overtly being racist AF?

He has been open about his faith. (That’s more than any other candidate who is too afraid to even utter and go into detail about faith/morals)
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:51:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

India’s caste system is extremely complex and there are a lot of nuance between 0AD to British rule to now. All of which there isn’t a shred of evidence that he subscribes to it now since…you know he was born and raised here away from it?

He has stated that it was a thought experiment and the analysis of what it would look like, trade offs for a flat tax, and consequences.

Much what you are doing is slander saying I’m being disingenuous. Wrong because you haven’t explained anything, it’s just conjecture parading around as fact.

So yeah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So yeah

Tamils were favored and given advantage in British India. Tamils were responsible for implementing merit to the caste system, and they did it to continue their hedgemony over the other classes at time when strong opposition arose to the caste-based hierarchical social order. Access to higher education, urban jobs, and government positions was restricted to other classes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Snake oil salesman of the year
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Tamils were favored and given advantage in British India. Tamils were responsible for implementing merit to the caste system, and they did it to continue their hedgemony over the other classes at time when strong opposition arose to the caste-based hierarchical social order. Access to higher education, urban jobs, and government positions was restricted to other classes.
View Quote

Show work from then until now. Look at the reformers specifically.

And then, again. Show how he subscribes to the same system here, in the USA where he was brought up away from it as a whole.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Is this the best of the Republican base? Smearing the decisions of parents, the respect of freedom of religion, and overtly being racist AF?

He has been open about his faith. (That’s more than any other candidate who is too afraid to even utter and go into detail about faith/morals)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice try...you're obviously desperate.

Ramaswamy has shown everyone his racial arrogance...from his gaffe describing himself as a "non-white" nationalist (i.e., he is connected to "Hindu Nationalist" movements) to his deliberate disrespect to another candidate who is Punjabi Sikh lineage.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

What vax?  You referring to the gene therapy bullshit?  Stop calling it a vax because it doesn't fit the prior definitions.

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#31]
This is the asshole who wants to have a 59% Estate Tax.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And then, again. Show how he subscribes to the same system here, in the USA where he was brought up away from it as a whole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

talk of implementing "meritocracy" despite meritocracy already innately existing in our society

quote from close family friend in India: "The official announcement has come now, said V S Ganesh who resides in the neighbourhood of the Ramaswamys’ ancestral home in Vadakkencherry. He says that Vivek has always favoured meritocracy and his new book, Nation of Victims, advocates the view."

talk of erasing traditional, American intergenerational wealth

keynote speaking engagements at domestic "Hindu Nationalist" events and vocal support of Hindu Nationalists in India

quote from his father, VG Ramaswamy: "Vivek has been an ambitious boy since his childhood. Both he and his younger brother have had an interest in Indian culture,” his father, VG Ramaswamy

quote from first cousin in India: "Vivek wanted to better understand the functioning of the Indian judicial system and my father, who was a leading lawyer, took him to the court at the Palakkad district collectorate,” remembers VM Prasad.

shouldn't be hard to connect the dots
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ramaswamy has shown everyone his racial arrogance...from his gaffe describing himself as a "non-white" nationalist (i.e., he is connected to "Hindu Nationalist" movements) to his deliberate disrespect to another candidate who is Punjabi Sikh lineage.
View Quote

Conjectures again.

Youre obviously disgusting.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

talk of implementing "meritocracy" despite meritocracy already innately existing in our society

quote from close family friend in India: "The official announcement has come now, said V S Ganesh who resides in the neighbourhood of the Ramaswamys’ ancestral home in Vadakkencherry. He says that Vivek has always favoured meritocracy and his new book, Nation of Victims, advocates the view."

talk of erasing traditional, American intergenerational wealth

keynote speaking engagements at domestic "Hindu Nationalist" events and vocal support of Hindu Nationalists in India

quote from his father, VG Ramaswamy: "Vivek has been an ambitious boy since his childhood. Both he and his younger brother have had an interest in Indian culture,” his father, VG Ramaswamy

quote from first cousin in India: "Vivek wanted to better understand the functioning of the Indian judicial system and my father, who was a leading lawyer, took him to the court at the Palakkad district collectorate,” remembers VM Prasad.

shouldn't be hard to connect the dots
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Conjectures again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conjectures again.

really too bad you lack ability to engage in discourse in manner that is civil

neither Ramaswamy's Hindu faith nor his skin color are antithetical to becoming President; and they are no problem for me

the trickery as well as the motivation to inject elements of India's Tamil Brahmin social political system ARE problematic, as well the racial arrogance I have perceived from him
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

neither Ramaswamy's Hindu faith nor his skin color are antithetical to becoming President; and they are no problem for me

the trickery as well as the motivation to inject elements of India's Tamil Brahmin social political system ARE problematic, as well the racial arrogance I have perceived from him
View Quote

You could have fooled me with previous “perceptions” that lead to conjectures being touted as fact

Lol

I don’t say this often, or at all, but racist AF exudes from the conclusions made and wanting things to be true to try to disqualify him.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You could have fooled me with previous “perceptions” that lead to conjectures being touted as fact

Lol

I don’t say this often, or at all, but racist AF exudes from the conclusions made and wanting things to be true to try to disqualify him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

appears this thread applies to you: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/The-typical-AR15-com-poster/5-2670412/
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Vivek lost me at estate tax.  Can you imagine having to buy your family’s farm from the .gov if you want to keep it?

Fuck all that.  Estate tax is fucking criminal.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Jesus is the son of God last I checked.

He took a Yale Law scholarship that was funded by Paul Soros (George's brother), who is now deceased.

I took about a dozen scholarships in college and I have no idea who funded them.

He made a page responding directly to most of these attacks from the Desantis campaign https://www.vivek2024.com/fakenews/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me know when he says Jesus is the God he speaks of and I’ll consider. I thought Soros paid for his education, is that not true?

Jesus is the son of God last I checked.

He took a Yale Law scholarship that was funded by Paul Soros (George's brother), who is now deceased.

I took about a dozen scholarships in college and I have no idea who funded them.

He made a page responding directly to most of these attacks from the Desantis campaign https://www.vivek2024.com/fakenews/

The Soros angle isn't an issue, but he has yet to address the accusation that he lied about needing the scholarship to afford school: Ramaswamy was already millionaire when he accepted Soros award he said he needed to pay for law school

"Ramaswamy said that after graduating from Harvard, he "didn’t have the money" to afford Yale Law School.

In 2011, the same year he accepted the award, Ramaswamy reported $2,252,209 in total income, according to his tax returns, which he released in June. He reported a total of $1,173,690 in income in the three years prior."
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but it becomes a major issue when the candidate makes it a major issue. He keeps repeating it as his #1 "Truth."
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#41]
"Piketty and Saez are proposing a dry, yet elegant answer to the question, one that both tells us who the worst off are and helps us prevent Wilt Chamberlain's talentless grandchildren from ruling the world  Piketty and Saez's equations spit out the answer that the optimal inheritance tax in the United States is 59 percent  I'd take the figure Piketty and Saez arrive at as a minimum. We shouldn't allow people to become billionaires just by having rich parents."

"Piketty and Saez" refer to Thomas Piketty and Emmanuel Saez, two progressive economists. They are widely known for their economic model that suggests the most effective method of curing income inequality is high taxation and indicts free market capitalism as the cause.

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#42]
I really want to like and trust him but he seems just as untrustworthy as any politician to me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:15:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Vivek lost me at estate tax.  Can you imagine having to buy your family’s farm from the .gov if you want to keep it?

Fuck all that.  Estate tax is fucking criminal.
View Quote

He hasn't said that at all, but yet here it is again.

its been clarified, much to the disappointment of RonDon Supporters.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#45]
If vivkek somehow wins and does everything he says he'd do in his first term, ppl here will still hate him cause he's a hindu

Must be those Christian values
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If vivkek somehow wins and does everything he says he'd do in his first term, ppl here will still hate him cause he's a hindu

Must be those Christian values
View Quote

Yeah, screw that heathen Ramaswamy... vote for the #1 true believer, Trump!

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What vax?  You referring to the gene therapy bullshit?  Stop calling it a vax because it doesn't fit the prior definitions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember when they changed the definition so that even Vitamin C could technically count as a vaccine?

I remember.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

A fair question for you...Do you also have general dislike for Sikhs as this candidate does?
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yep. Saying something like "you shouldn't be rich because your parents were" and standing behind it is fucked up. People work hard to improve the lives of their kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saying he would support a 60% estate tax lost huge points with me. Saying that he agreed with why Piketty and Saez arrived at that number was worse.

Yep. Saying something like "you shouldn't be rich because your parents were" and standing behind it is fucked up. People work hard to improve the lives of their kids.

This was the straw for me. I was leaning heavily towards him for most of his other stuff - there are a couple other red flags, like his naive view of foreign policy.
The death tax put me over the top. He is a big no from me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Anything that looks too good to be true usually isn’t true.

View Quote

Yeah, lets keep doing the same shit, it sure seems to be working well now.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top