Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, even the original reports said that cops were shooting as well. You can go look at the real time thread on this very site.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have suspected since this happened that one of the cops was trigger happy or just had poor trigger discipline. They seem to have a tendency to all open up if one shoots.  There appears to be a lot of backtracking going on. This is an interesting read on the subject.        http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/05/27/waco-twin-peaks-shooting-the-crossfire/

Originally the news (police?) reported this as a shootout among the bikers, but last night a friend told me the police actually shot the bikers. This post seems to support that. When did that change?

No, even the original reports said that cops were shooting as well. You can go look at the real time thread on this very site.

Some of the early reports had the cops shooting guys who were hit and down but still firing their weapons. Time will tell if that was actually the case.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Piqued.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmm. Curiosity peaked. But it's also a news release from defense attorneys.

Piqued.

Maybe his curiosity hit an all-time high, maybe he's talking about the Mars rover. Who nose?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
IF I TYPE IN CAPS IT OVERCOMES THE LACK OF LEGITIMACY.

ITS ALSO CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

View Quote

I WRITE ONLY TO EXPRESS ADMIRATION FOR YOUR STYLE AND TO REQUEST ACCEPTANCE AS A COOL GUY OR MAYBE HANGER-ON. I OFFER THIS POST AS PROOF OF QUALIFICATION.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Maybe his curiosity hit an all-time high, maybe he's talking about the Mars rover. Who nose?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Piqued.

Quite being a pre-Madonna!

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I did a google news search. It looks like the police did a major sweep and blanket arrests on all biker gangs members. Now these bikers are suing for unlawful arrests and detentions.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin-peaks-biker-shooting/hewitt-biker-files-civil-rights-lawsuit-over-twin-peaks-arrest/article_980ad502-2984-5527-9b51-d673a72b551c.html

Past week google news search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=waco+judge+biker+gang&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#q=waco+judge+biker+gang&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=nws&tbs=qdr:w
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#8]
...also, man lands on moon!
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:38:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Another creative re-invention of history from you I see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This situation kind of reminds me when Texas CPS decided to steal the entire FLDS town's children. Sort of a "arrest 'em all and sort it out later" situation. Later seems to come when lawsuits for wrongful arrest start getting filed.

Probably a topic for a separate thread or a PM conversation.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Piqued.

Your being to strick with you're grammer. Sheesh.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This situation kind of reminds me when Texas CPS decided to steal the entire FLDS town's children. Sort of a "arrest 'em all and sort it out later" situation. Later seems to come when lawsuits for wrongful arrest start getting filed.

From the news reports Not_Yet_Begun2Fight is correct. They did a blanket arrest on all biker gang members. This going to cost Waco a lot of money.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Piqued.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

But lawyer representing the bikers is known to be Looney!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah I'm going with bullshit.

That is the only source making that claim.

Just watched it on our local news here in Waco.  Appears to be legit.

But lawyer representing the bikers is known to be Looney!

a Looney that still has a law license.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Piqued.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Piqued.

Peep that peaked pique!

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#15]
In before Sugar Bear
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In before Sugar Bear
View Quote

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH!

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In before Sugar Bear
View Quote

If you say his name three times fast looking in the mirror in the dark in the bathroom you can hear him say muh bikers.....
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#18]
City of Waco is going to get fucked!! If I sat in jail 2 weeks on bullshit, made up charges, just for being at a place something happened and wearing colors. I would sit in jail and not sign a thing. Then sue the city, county and every law enforcement agency involved. This one would make me VERY WEALTHY! I've sued police before for breaking the law and won. Even took a chief of police's house when the city manager and attorney rolled on him.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Nope. Fairly common, allows charges to be dropped without the added cost of separate probable cause hearings for every defendant. Sounds like they realized they couldn't AFFORD to prosecute everyone, so dropping less-serious charges in exchange for an agreement is reasonable. Of course, the information is coming from a private defense lawyer.... and I'm sure he'd tell you what a wonderful guy a child molester was if he represented him. Local government doesn't have deep pockets like FEdGov, and you're probably talking about almost a million dollars in prosecution costs, plus disruption of what is probably already a full docket. May not be just, but it's probably the City's only cost-effective option.
'
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

City of Waco is going to get fucked!! If I sat in jail 2 weeks on bullshit, made up charges, just for being at a place something happened and wearing colors. I would sit in jail and not sign a thing. Then sue the city, county and every law enforcement agency involved. This one would make me VERY WEALTHY! I've sued police before for breaking the law and won. Even took a chief of police's house when the city manager and attorney rolled on him.
View Quote
Can you elaborate?  Would love to hear this story.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was hoping you would comment. Would be good to hear specifics if you are aware of any on this case.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

From the news reports Not_Yet_Begun2Fight is correct. They did a blanket arrest on all biker gang members. This going to cost Waco a lot of money.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If the same attorney was making statements in support of a client who was a police officer charged with improperly shooting a citizen, every word he uttered would be believed by some people as if it was written on a stone tablet by Jehovah himself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So does anyone have any proof, outside of an unknown website and a defense attorney that says something was "reported" to him?

If the same attorney was making statements in support of a client who was a police officer charged with improperly shooting a citizen, every word he uttered would be believed by some people as if it was written on a stone tablet by Jehovah himself.

Actually, around here, cops saying the sun is out in the daytime would be accused of lying.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I saw it on the news, doesn't appear to be a prank.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Actually, around here, cops saying the sun is out in the daytime would be accused of lying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So does anyone have any proof, outside of an unknown website and a defense attorney that says something was "reported" to him?

First, the post is about the truth attributed to statements made by the attorney.
Second, the post is about the attitude of some people.  Those people wouldn't accuse a police officer of lying if he was caught with a dead hooker who had been shot in the back of the head five times with his .458 Winchester Magnum rifle and he claimed she committed suicide.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

No you didn't.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No you didn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you didn't.

Bet he owns the jail too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#28]
In before Gene?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In before Gene?
View Quote

He's late tonight.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They were asked to sign in exchange for bond reduction.

And yes, it's true.
View Quote

That can't possibly be enforceable. I mean, Jesus ...
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#31]
This thread has potential.  In.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#32]
I hope the city is bankrupted by the lawsuits.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#33]
I might think I was wrongfully arrested after that offer.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Unfortunately, the American Bar Association would likely agree with this proposal, because guns are icky.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#36]
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THE THREAD TITLE IS IN ALL CAPS
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Interesting...  The press release linked in the OP is bullshit.

Bikers’ attorneys battle over fake litigation waiver rumors

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2015 5:09 pm

By TOMMY WITHERSPOON [email protected]

A Houston attorney’s media release alleging jailed bikers were being forced to waive their rights to sue the city and county is false, but the controversy it created has that lawyer squaring off with a Waco attorney over the rumors.

As with many aspects of the chaotic May 17 incident that left nine dead and 18 wounded at Twin Peaks restaurant, there are differing versions to how the waiver rumors began.

Houston attorney Paul C. Looney and Waco attorney Brittany Lannen claim each other is responsible for rumors spreading like wildfire among the jailed bikers, their families and friends and on social media that the bikers were being told they needed to waive their rights to sue the city of Waco or McLennan County in exchange for bond reductions.

Looney’s Sunday media release accused McLennan County officials, including those in the “public defenders office,” of this “scurrilous activity.” McLennan County has no public defenders office. link
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

He's late tonight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before Gene?

He's late tonight.

FIRST OF THE MONTH AND BIG SALE ON MILWAUKEE'S BEST.

(You know I love you, SB,)
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before Gene?

He's late tonight.

He did comment in the Jessie Duff thread.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

osted: Monday, June 1, 2015 5:09 pm

A Houston attorney’s media release alleging jailed bikers were being forced to waive their rights to sue the city and county is false, but the controversy it created has that lawyer squaring off with a Waco attorney over the rumors.

As with many aspects of the chaotic May 17 incident that left nine dead and 18 wounded at Twin Peaks restaurant, there are differing versions to how the waiver rumors began.

Houston attorney Paul C. Looney and Waco attorney Brittany Lannen claim each other is responsible for rumors spreading like wildfire among the jailed bikers, their families and friends and on social media that the bikers were being told they needed to waive their rights to sue the city of Waco or McLennan County in exchange for bond reductions.

Looney’s Sunday media release accused McLennan County officials, including those in the “public defenders office,” of this “scurrilous activity.” McLennan County has no public defenders office. link

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I am SHOCKED!

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I am SHOCKED!

View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

So what happens if they refuse to sign?  Are they going to keep them in jail after they have been wrongfully arrested?  I might choose to stay in jail and go ahead and get a lawyer.  Cha-Ching.
View Quote
yeah if someone came to me with a deal like that all Im going to see is $$$

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I am SHOCKED!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looney’s Sunday media release accused McLennan County officials, including those in the "public defenders office,” of this "scurrilous activity.” McLennan County has no public defenders office. link

I am SHOCKED!

but muh oppressed bikers

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WELL WELLL WELL isn't that interesting? hey zukof!
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:28:07 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

Simply put, there's a vast ocean of shit you people don't know shit about.  Sugar Bear knows every fine grain of said shit....and then some.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep reading, Sugar Bear.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You probably want to read a few posts up
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#50]
I was assured by the TOP MEN of arfcom that all of these people were meth addicted father raping covert murdering scum to a man.

by TOP MEN.

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top