BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was assured by the TOP MEN of arfcom that all of these people were meth addicted father raping covert murdering scum to a man.

by TOP MEN.

View Quote

So you're saying the Houston attorney is lying?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
but muh oppressed bikers  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting...  The press release linked in the OP is bullshit.

Bikers’ attorneys battle over fake litigation waiver rumors

Posted: Monday, June 1, 2015 5:09 pm

By TOMMY WITHERSPOON [email protected]

A Houston attorney’s media release alleging jailed bikers were being forced to waive their rights to sue the city and county is false, but the controversy it created has that lawyer squaring off with a Waco attorney over the rumors.

As with many aspects of the chaotic May 17 incident that left nine dead and 18 wounded at Twin Peaks restaurant, there are differing versions to how the waiver rumors began.

Houston attorney Paul C. Looney and Waco attorney Brittany Lannen claim each other is responsible for rumors spreading like wildfire among the jailed bikers, their families and friends and on social media that the bikers were being told they needed to waive their rights to sue the city of Waco or McLennan County in exchange for bond reductions.

Looney’s Sunday media release accused McLennan County officials, including those in the "public defenders office,” of this "scurrilous activity.” McLennan County has no public defenders office. link

I am SHOCKED!

but muh oppressed bikers  

and since the news got out the county is going to deny  it
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Houston attorney’s media release alleging jailed bikers were being forced to waive their rights to sue the city and county is false, but the controversy it created has that lawyer squaring off with a Waco attorney over the rumors.

As with many aspects of the chaotic May 17 incident that left nine dead and 18 wounded at Twin Peaks restaurant, there are differing versions to how the waiver rumors began.

Houston attorney Paul C. Looney and Waco attorney Brittany Lannen claim each other is responsible for rumors spreading like wildfire among the jailed bikers, their families and friends and on social media that the bikers were being told they needed to waive their rights to sue the city of Waco or McLennan County in exchange for bond reductions.

Looney’s Sunday media release accused McLennan County officials, including those in the "public defenders office,” of this "scurrilous activity.” McLennan County has no public defenders office. link

I am SHOCKED!

but muh oppressed bikers  

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did you read this part?
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds a bit Uncostitutional to me.

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sounds a bit Uncostitutional to me.

View Quote

Sound a bit fake to me.

Jesus Christ, the information and misinformation war over this shit fest has officially reached retard levels.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#7]
The shit people post to on here makes me weep for society.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know about that story but the original mess was quite fucky. Two bikers gangs start shooting it out right front of the police, and then the police just start shooting everybody. And arrest everyone without a bullet in them. Odd story, very odd.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 5:15:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

WELL WELLL WELL isn't that interesting? hey zukof!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah I'm going with bullshit.

That is the only source making that claim.

Just watched it on our local news here in Waco.  Appears to be legit.

WELL WELLL WELL isn't that interesting? hey zukof!

You really should have read the whole thread sugar bear.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 5:16:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am SHOCKED!

but muh oppressed bikers  

And fire can't melt steel! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 5:53:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

a Looney that still has a law license.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah I'm going with bullshit.

That is the only source making that claim.

Just watched it on our local news here in Waco.  Appears to be legit.

But lawyer representing the bikers is known to be Looney!

a Looney that still has a law license.

So does my sister-in-law.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 5:57:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am SHOCKED!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looney’s Sunday media release accused McLennan County officials, including those in the “public defenders office,” of this “scurrilous activity.” McLennan County has no public defenders office. link

I am SHOCKED!

I remember the good old days when lawyers formal and informal and Bar Associations ethics forbid the advertising for clients.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 6:10:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Its fake? ROFL. I know a couple of know it all bloggers that ate that up ....
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 6:38:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Its fake? ROFL. I know a couple of know it all bloggers that ate that up ....
View Quote

Couple members too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 7:31:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't know about that story but the original mess was quite fucky. Two bikers gangs start shooting it out right front of the police, and then the police just start shooting everybody. And arrest everyone without a bullet in them. Odd story, very odd.
View Quote

And the tail wags the dog.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#17]
There was some fucky stuff going on the day of the shoot out.  A news report said that even after the police had it under control, they were still arresting bikers as they showed up.  You've got to wonder what probable cause the police could articulate to search someone on account of him riding a motorcycle to a restaurant, and then subsequent to that, what to arrest him for.

If that is the case, I hope the bikers lawyer up and bend the city over for their shitty policing.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#18]
When I was a Boy Scout leader, I am glad another one of the leaders from a different troop didn't bang a little boy at summer camp.

It appears that Waco is in for a long legal battle even if the article is fake. The blanket arrest with the high bail could be a problem if the cops viewed the security cameras images prior to the arrest.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Even though I doubt the story, highly most of the outlaw bikers I know would sign that paper and laugh all the way out the jailhouse door.  They're not big on creating joinder with the system so lawsuits aren't a really high priority in their lives.  I suppose they'd change their tune if it was for really big money but most of them simply don't give a fuck.  My personal experience leads me to believe that most patched 1%rs are not whiny bitches given to creating attention and drama.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Even though I doubt the story, highly most of the outlaw bikers I know would sign that paper and laugh all the way out the jailhouse door.  They're not big on creating joinder with the system so lawsuits aren't a really high priority in their lives.
View Quote

HAs file lawsuits all the time.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That document won't be worth shit. This is clearly coercion. Outrageous bond, offer to reduce if you "sign the paper". Fuck off!

Exactly how fucking corrupt is the Waco P.D.?  This would normally be grist for the proctologists in the DOJ but I fully believe the DOJ is complicit if not the progenitor.

TC
View Quote

Yeah, because it's the PD that assesses Bail and all.....oh, wait, it ISNT go figure.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Page 4.  Still no evidence.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#23]
http://kdhnews.com/news/texas/attorneys-waco-shooting-detainees-could-be-legal-liability/article_0bed7304-08e1-11e5-894e-a7ed4c5d990b.html

Defense
attorneys representing many of those jailed for the Twin Peaks shooting
in Waco said law enforcement officials in McLennan County are overseeing
an unprecedented and unlawful mass arrest of innocent bikers as more
were released Monday at the behest of their attorneys.

"That was an immediate red flag,” said Josh Tetens, a defense attorney
in Waco representing Roy Covey, speaking of the initial arrest of almost
200 bikers. "I think Judge Peterson said it well when he said that his
sole reason for setting million-dollar bonds against so many people
under the exact same charge was to ‘send a message,’ which I believe in
and of itself is completely unconstitutional.”

According to a Facebook post from Looney and Conrad P.C. in Hempstead,
"Earlier today, detainees in the Jack Harwell Detention Center in Waco
were told that in exchange for bond reductions, they must sign a
document stating the Waco police ‘had the right to arrest the inmate and
that he/she will not file a lawsuit against McLennan County and/or the
city of Waco.’”

"No one has been able to produce it,” Wright said of the waiver.

The district attorney’s office in an emailed statement said, "It is
totally false, ridiculous, and sad that someone would make such baseless
allegations.”

"It could be the case that the district attorney’s office is hoping to
use the grand jury to do the dirty work of dismissing these cases for
him,” Callahan said. "After taking it to the grand jury, some DAs won’t
use discretion by just simply refusing the case.”

Although attorneys have not been able to view any footage taken from
surveillance cameras in the area, they have requested the videos in
their discovery requests. That could increase the time attorneys said it
will take to fully investigate the case and make the appropriate
recommendations to their clients.

"It’s just a debacle,” Looney said. "It’s a small town and the expense
is going to be millions. Defending these lawsuits is going to be seven
figures. The settlements are going to be very damaging to a town that
size.”

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
http://kdhnews.com/news/texas/attorneys-waco-shooting-detainees-could-be-legal-liability/article_0bed7304-08e1-11e5-894e-a7ed4c5d990b.html

Defense attorneys representing many of those jailed for the Twin Peaks shooting in Waco said law enforcement officials in McLennan County are overseeing an unprecedented and unlawful mass arrest of innocent bikers as more were released Monday at the behest of their attorneys.
"That was an immediate red flag,” said Josh Tetens, a defense attorney in Waco representing Roy Covey, speaking of the initial arrest of almost 200 bikers. "I think Judge Peterson said it well when he said that his sole reason for setting million-dollar bonds against so many people under the exact same charge was to ‘send a message,’ which I believe in and of itself is completely unconstitutional.”

According to a Facebook post from Looney and Conrad P.C. in Hempstead, "Earlier today, detainees in the Jack Harwell Detention Center in Waco were told that in exchange for bond reductions, they must sign a document stating the Waco police ‘had the right to arrest the inmate and that he/she will not file a lawsuit against McLennan County and/or the city of Waco.’”

"No one has been able to produce it,” Wright said of the waiver.

The district attorney’s office in an emailed statement said, "It is totally false, ridiculous, and sad that someone would make such baseless allegations.”

"It could be the case that the district attorney’s office is hoping to use the grand jury to do the dirty work of dismissing these cases for him,” Callahan said. "After taking it to the grand jury, some DAs won’t use discretion by just simply refusing the case.”

Although attorneys have not been able to view any footage taken from surveillance cameras in the area, they have requested the videos in their discovery requests. That could increase the time attorneys said it will take to fully investigate the case and make the appropriate recommendations to their clients.

"It’s just a debacle,” Looney said. "It’s a small town and the expense is going to be millions. Defending these lawsuits is going to be seven figures. The settlements are going to be very damaging to a town that size.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Page 4.  Still no evidence.
View Quote

HHHNNNNNNGGGGG...
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Even though I doubt the story, highly most of the outlaw bikers I know would sign that paper and laugh all the way out the jailhouse door.  They're not big on creating joinder with the system so lawsuits aren't a really high priority in their lives.

Yeah, but they're HA's.  

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#27]
OP should apologize for posting a lie and compounding it with "Hmm...who shot first again? " bullshit.

1) Bikers publicly stated that gang members fired the first shots not police. Note the first 'head shot'. Police had nothing to do with it.

A Bandido with a patch identifying him as sergeant-at-arms of the same chapter threw a punch at Richard Matthew Jordan II, 31, known as “Richie,” who was from Pasadena, Tex. Jordan punched the guy back.

“At that point in time, the sergeant in arms shot Richie point-blank,” the Cossack said.

Police said Jordan died of a gunshot wound to the head.
View Quote

“Then all the Bandidos standing in the parking lot started pulling guns and shooting at us,” he said. “There were maybe 60 or 70 of us in the parking lot. .?.?. We took off running. We scattered. Three of our guys went down instantly. They caught a couple more that tripped and fell, and Bandidos were shooting at them.”

He said that the second man to die was Daniel Raymond Boyett, 44, known as Diesel, a “road captain” in the Cossacks from Waco. Police said that Boyett died from gunshot wounds to the head.

The third man down was “Dog,” whose real name is Charles Wayne Russell, 46, of Winona. Russell’s cause of death was listed as a gunshot wound to the chest.
View Quote

EYE WITNESS ACCOUNTS

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/richie-died-then-diesel-then-dog-an-eyewitness-to-the-waco-biker-brawl/2015/05/23/00db6436-1a8a-469b-9d6f-d2283234d281_story.html?tid=pm_pop_b

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Even though I doubt the story, highly most of the outlaw bikers I know would sign that paper and laugh all the way out the jailhouse door.  They're not big on creating joinder with the system so lawsuits aren't a really high priority in their lives.  I suppose they'd change their tune if it was for really big money but most of them simply don't give a fuck.  My personal experience leads me to believe that most patched 1%rs are not whiny bitches given to creating attention and drama.  
View Quote

This guy disagrees with you.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So they will be let out of jail only If they agreed not to sue for being put in jail.

Is that not a contract under duress?
View Quote

This all day long
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This all day long
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So they will be let out of jail only If they agreed not to sue for being put in jail.

This all day long

The waiver story is FALSE.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This all day long

LOL...it's pretty obvious which members didn't read the previous pages, or for that matter make use of their brains, to see through this BS story.

GD delivers again!

Oh yeah, muh outlaw bikers didn't do nuffin!
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This all day long
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This all day long

Well, if it actually happened, it likely would be.

Problem is, it didn't happen. The story is fake.

A lot of us called that in the first few posts and saw right through the BS.

The rest of this thread has also show it to be false.

Derp.

I know, I know, reading is for fags though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

LOL...it's pretty obvious which members didn't read the previous pages, or for that matter make use of their brains, to see through this BS story.

GD delivers again!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This all day long

GD delivers again!

Indeed.

The attorney that issued the false press release has since retracted it as well.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Everybody in this thread keeps shouting OUTLAW BIKERS, 1%ers, and such. The facts are that this was a Confederation of Clubs meeting in which the majority of the participants are NOT outlaw 1% clubs. Two outlaw clubs showed up and started trouble. Confederation of Clubs is a political organization that seeks to promote motorcyclists' rights and motorcycling safety made up of mom and pop riding clubs where it really is about the bikes and the brotherhood, NOT running crank across the Mexican border.

For a moment, imagine a huge gun rights rally. Imagine a n'erdowell or two shoots a couple of guys. Imagine the police security shooting more people and then arresting ALL atendees of the rally and holding them on $1m bail.

Or, imagine a peaceful protest rally where a black youth was killed (right or wrong) by police. Imagine a trouble maker opening fire killing a couple of people. Imagine the police shooting more people and arresting ALL attendees of the protest and holding them on $1m bail.

That kind of shit does not fly in America. The police, even if they were justified in shooting some people, overreached and violated civil rights by arresting EVERYBODY on the scene with a vest on and then holding them with a ridiculous bail amount.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Here's a nice quote from the attorney that put this up on his site (Looney):

At first, Paul Looney, who is representing William and Morgan English, said McLennan County public defenders were involved in circulating the document, but in a later Facebook post, Looney clarified his blame for the incident.

“That entire debacle was orchestrated by McLennan County private attorney Brittany Lannen,” Looney said. “Her behavior will be reported to the State Bar of Texas for investigation this week.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Here's a nice quote from the attorney that put this up on his site (Looney):

At first, Paul Looney, who is representing William and Morgan English, said McLennan County public defenders were involved in circulating the document, but in a later Facebook post, Looney clarified his blame for the incident.

“That entire debacle was orchestrated by McLennan County private attorney Brittany Lannen,” Looney said. “Her behavior will be reported to the State Bar of Texas for investigation this week.”

So, where did all the defenders go?
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

When you are part of a criminal organization and identify with one at the scene of a crime you will probably be arrested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everybody in this thread keeps shouting OUTLAW BIKERS, 1%ers, and such. The facts are that this was a Confederation of Clubs meeting in which the majority of the participants are NOT outlaw 1% clubs. Two outlaw clubs showed up and started trouble. Confederation of Clubs is a political organization that seeks to promote motorcyclists' rights and motorcycling safety made up of mom and pop riding clubs where it really is about the bikes and the brotherhood, NOT running crank across the Mexican border.

For a moment, imagine a huge gun rights rally. Imagine a n'erdowell or two shoots a couple of guys. Imagine the police security shooting more people and then arresting ALL atendees of the rally and holding them on $1m bail.

Or, imagine a peaceful protest rally where a black youth was killed (right or wrong) by police. Imagine a trouble maker opening fire killing a couple of people. Imagine the police shooting more people and arresting ALL attendees of the protest and holding them on $1m bail.

That kind of shit does not fly in America. The police, even if they were justified in shooting some people, overreached and violated civil rights by arresting EVERYBODY on the scene with a vest on and then holding them with a ridiculous bail amount.

When you are part of a criminal organization and identify with one at the scene of a crime you will probably be arrested.

The majority of those arrested are not members of outlaw clubs. There is a difference between a 1%er MC and a regular MC or RC.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#40]
could it be a 'Hold Harmless Agreement' of some type....seen many jails and departments  use them, from hey, we towed your car, if you want it back, sign this form, hey we took all your belongings, if you want them back, sign here..and so on

why, I don't know...somewhere, sometime an attorney for that jurisdiction recommended them???
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
could it be a 'Hold Harmless Agreement' of some type....seen many jails and departments  use them, from hey, we towed your car, if you want it back, sign this form, hey we took all your belongings, if you want them back, sign here..and so on

why, I don't know...somewhere, sometime an attorney for that jurisdiction recommended them???
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The shit people post to on here makes me weep for society.
View Quote

I just laugh.  Less stress that way.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

CoC can be outlaw, or not, or both.  There is also a hallowed ground rule for CoC meetings.

Word on the street is that it was supposed to be a CoC between Banditos and Cossacks, possibly over Cossacks being in the area for some events for too long and overstaying their welcome.  I've only been hearing bits and pieces from some MCs out here, but so far everyone has been in agreement that the cops shot first.  Whether that's true or not, I guess we'll have to wait and see.  So far it's really only been "I heard this from that person" and whatever spins the media is putting on it.

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Keystone1/Blue%20Knights/1bk6.jpg

What's your point?  Those guys are idiots too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Cite to that MC being a criminal organization? I have no idea who they are.

Were they at the shooting in Waco?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.lawmanbadgesandemblems.com/images/Blue%20Knights%20Badge%20a.jpg

Does not compute, if all bikers are criminals, but some bikers are cops...

Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#50]
GUYS-ALLOW ME TO TAKE A MOMENT AND REMIND EVERYONE THAT THE FEDS WERE INVOLVED AND PRESENT WHEN THIS ALL WENT DOWN. DONT ALLOW THE MEDIA TO DICTATE THE NARRATIVE BY THROWING IT ALL ON WACO PD AND A CROOKED PROSECUTORS OFFICE.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top