Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:01:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Since when was ed-209 a robotech character?

Eta nvmnd saw your disclaimer attune bottom.

Picked up all three for a total of less that a 20. That ED-209 is a cap gun actually.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:02:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Mego whore
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:03:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:04:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I love Robotech too but IIRC the live action movie has been in development limbo for years.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The awacs is the VE-1 elintseeker.

Actually, looking at google images, and ebay/amazon scams, the VE-1 was not in the show. The one in the show (I'll eventually find the episode) was basically the US carrier prop AWACS. Now the episode never showed it configure outside of AC mode. (I know Masters episode 1 or 2 showed a slanted wing jet version)...
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I love Robotech too but IIRC the live action movie has been in development limbo for years.

The more I think about it, the more I say "good"
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:13:51 AM EDT
[#7]

RIP Jupiter base...
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:30:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, especially since it appears that they've put a hold on the next Shadow Chronicles movie in anticipation of the live action movie.

Not a big fan of the Shadow Chronicles, but glad to see the story continue.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:35:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, especially since it appears that they've put a hold on the next Shadow Chronicles movie in anticipation of the live action movie.

Not a big fan of the Shadow Chronicles, but glad to see the story continue.

You know, I watched the end of the Invid invasion TV series long long ago and only watched that Shadow movie a couple of years ago. I was disappointed. I have never seen the Shadow series.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:39:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I also got a fucking hard on when they found the Beta Fighter.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:45:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Shadow Chronicles is supposed to be a series of movies, Shadow Rising is supposed to be the next one.
But when word of a possible live action movie, production on it was put on hold.

I actually just looked over on Robotech.com and it looks like a "new" animated movie is going to be released in a few weeks. It apparently will tell the story of Lancer between the Masters Saga and the New Generation series...gee...just what I always wanted to see.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:45:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Cyclone armor for the motherfucking win.  My kids love Robotech, whole thing is on Netflix.  Shadow chronicles, meh.  Big boobs and Kevin Bacon 'footloose' hair.  CG animation was so-so.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm in. I loved Robotech as a kid. I had the same WTF reaction to major characters being killed off.

In addition to this, I'd also like to see a Gundam movie and a Cowboy Bebop movie.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:51:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Shadow Chronicles is supposed to be a series of movies, Shadow Rising is supposed to be the next one.
But when word of a possible live action movie, production on it was put on hold.

I actually just looked over on Robotech.com and it looks like a "new" animated movie is going to be released in a few weeks. It apparently will tell the story of Lancer between the Masters Saga and the New Generation series...gee...just what I always wanted to see.

Well honestly, that would be a good look at the Jupiter Base counter attack. As it is, Lancer is the only character of the Invid series to be shown from Jupiter Bases efforts. We see a strong showing from Mars Base.

You know, for the 80's, ROBOTECH showed quite a bit of controversial shit to us young-ins... Interracial love between a cracka man and a black woman. Lancer and his whole cross dressing trans bit... this shit was 1984!
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 6:55:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm in. I loved Robotech as a kid. I had the same WTF reaction to major characters being killed off.

In addition to this, I'd also like to see a Gundam movie and a Cowboy Bebop movie.

To me it was just that people died at all, and it wasn't hidden.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:00:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:12:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/7605/kyq.jpg ROBOTECH ULTRA ACE, Roy Focker

http://youtu.be/9NY4MHHlNOY

Sappy shit half way though, watch it all, it's worth it

Been 30 years, but I thought Roy bought it in a space battle???

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:14:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. Took three in his back, died playing guitar in his quarters
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:15:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Nope, they were back on Earth when he got it.
Maybe you're thinking of one of the Japanese Macross versions?

eta: IIRC, he does die in space in the Do You Remember Love movie.
I'll be watching it later on youtube, so I'll update this.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:22:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

At three minutes in the video I linked it shows him eating some rounds from behind.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:25:26 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Nope, they were back on Earth when he got it.

Maybe you're thinking of one of the Japanese Macross versions?

Long ago.... Seen them all, but just don't remember him getting shot.

Started downloading them for my boy to watch a few years back, but was only able to get some of the Invid saga... He thought they were to lame compared to his anime of today.

Kids today will take some mystical shit over bad ass planes that turn into robots or bikes that turn into battle suits!

Cyclone Armor was always my fav!

So I watched them alone

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd rather see the Legend of the Jade Phoenix made into a movie.

Damn robotech fans are nothing but freebirth scum.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Trailer?

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:30:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'd rather see the Legend of the Jade Phoenix made into a movie.

Damn robotech fans are nothing but freebirth scum.

GTFO with that ghey shit!!1
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#25]

I got one of the cycles  nib.....box is shit though
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:38:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Not even close, just a bunch of movies cut up to look like one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I got one of the cycles  nib.....box is shit though

Shit? Might be a newer release.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:42:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Not even close, just a bunch of movies cut up to look like one.

Thought I saw the Daedalus or another 304 fly past and even the replicator home world battle

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 7:56:11 AM EDT
[#30]
D@mn! I still have my original Harmony Gold Macross Episode 1 tape in Beta!
Tomac
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:04:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

D@mn! I still have my original Harmony Gold Macross Episode 1 tape in Beta!

Tomac

Up until the early to mid 90's I had the 3 sagas that I taped on VHS of the tube! Think my 1st wife took them thinking they were wedding, camping and dune riding videos!!!

Sadly I would have traded her as I had the ones she wanted and I would have took the RoboTech... My guess is both sets ended up in the trash

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#32]
The next movie can be pre-ordered for $20 on Robotech.com and its packaged with The shadow chronicles.

They need to make the Sentinel Robotech series with the SDF-3.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The next movie can be pre-ordered for $20 on Robotech.com and its packaged with The shadow chronicles.

They need to make the Sentinel Robotech series with the SDF-3.

It's just under $13 on Amazon.

I'd like to see a Sentinels series, but their story can also be told during Shadow through flashbacks and such.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I want to see someone do a One Year War Gundam movie without all the teen angst.

Although cant really top good animation:

This is what ruined most Anime Mech series for me. Rick Hunter was a "hippy" when it started. But when shit went down, he manned the fuck up with a quickness. He actually did what needed to be done and became a leader. All the character in Robotech/Macross are actual soldiers. Kill the enemy because fuck you I dont need a reason.

Other anime series? Hell no. You get to hear about constant whining about war or their dead mom or whatever is hurting their vagina. The lead characters are bitches.

Robotech/Macross is also why I'm an engineer. One that works on weapons systems and robotics
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:16:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want to see someone do a One Year War Gundam movie without all the teen angst.

This is what ruined most Anime Mech series for me. Rick Hunter was a "hippy" when it started. But when shit went down, he manned the fuck up with a quickness. He actually did what needed to be done and became a leader. All the character in Robotech/Macross are actual soldiers. Kill the enemy because fuck you I dont need a reason.

Other anime series? Hell no. You get to hear about constant whining about war or their dead mom or whatever is hurting their vagina. The lead characters are bitches.

Robotech/Macross is also why I'm an engineer. One that works on weapons systems and robotics

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow..... Nice

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#37]
I will tell you the absolute truth, I will be completely unable to tell if they fuck it up or not, because I pretty much have forgotten that show.

I watched as a kid, and I remember that it was about giant robot fighters, and that Earth was at war with a race of giant green aliens who dressed in Antebellum garb. I remember that the main character was this kid who was some kind of natural ace at flying his ship and he had this girlfriend who kept being a millstone around his neck. I remember the last scene where the redhead space navy chick told the girlfriend that she had to let the kid, and then the kid and the redheaded space navy chick rushed off to battle.

That's it. So really, if they fucked it up, I'd never even know.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:25:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. Took three in his back, died playing guitar in his quarters

The series he was taken out by one of Miria's Queadluun-Rau.
In the movie DYRL? he died fighting Quamzin/Kyron.

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Looks great! I just finished watching Macross with my daughter, one of the best things I did was buy the DVD set years ago.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#40]
If they give Minmei as much air time.

will it come with a mute button.

Lisa hayes.....
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

me too
The way I remember it he got shot during a dog fight and didn't go to sick bay when he got back and bled out
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 8:51:36 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

me too

The way I remember it he got shot during a dog fight and didn't go to sick bay when he got back and bled out
Hell I thought he took fire in a dog fight and lost it off Rick's wing

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

IIRC, it was Ben Dixon that got it like that.
And it was only an episode or two after Roy died so I was like "what the hell?!?!"

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And it was only an episode or two after Roy died so I was like "what the hell?!?!"

Forgot all about big ole Ben!

Need to do some searching!

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

In the TV show Ben was killed after the SDF1,s barrier exploded.
In DYRL? he was killed/shot down by one of Miria's Queadluun-Rau chicks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow!

Hell all I remember was it was on the tube at 4pm and I got out of school at 3:45... Sprinted home to tape each and then it was "MASK" and "Transformers".

By the time 4:30 came I was high and banging the neighbor girl who watched all 3 with me!  We actually did role playing of the Minmei/Lisa thing and well I was rick... Same goes for the MASK Matt/Vanessa thing! Hell I was hot for her for years... Damn red heads!

Oh to be free of cares, politics or bills and be 15-16 again

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If they give Minmei as much air time.

will it come with a mute button.

Lisa hayes.....

I'll take the bridge bunnies.
Link Posted: 7/6/2013 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Roy Fokker was a PIMP!

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess I miss read or just missed this... 82-84 I watched this along with Transformers, M.A.S.K. and GI Joe! So whatever HG sent to the tubes is what I seen!
Somewhere along this I grew up and had my own kids!
Now 30 years later I would love a great Robotech saga to occupy my evenings switching between shitty TV!
And Vanessa would not hurt either!

Link Posted: 7/6/2013 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Not a Yellow(pickle surprise)Dancer fan  ?

I am all for it, as long as they don't mess it up like transformers. Keep the designs, transformation and detail true to the original. Especially those wild packs missiles in space.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top