Quoted:
The law is the law.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The state government admitted that they had forgotten to exempt law enforcement in the legislation, stated that it was not their intent to have LEOs restricted under SAFE and passed an amendment in a matter of literally days to correct the issue
Did you enforce the law or not?
It was the law, correct? Do you get to determine “intent” on all of the laws? Seems like if you did you wouldn’t be saying things like “I don’t get to choose what I enforce.”
Buuuuuuuuut, we know the answer to that already.
The law is the law.
Unless it's a Colorado mag ban.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
LOL no. If the legislature that passed the bill stated that it was not their legislative intent to restrict LEO, and in fact passed amendments to correct their omission, it's him trying to post an irrelevant gotcha.
I think that his complaint is ironic , given that during the federal ban I did not use my police status for years to get a restricted AR at work but instead carried preban mags and s ban compliant rifle. But he wants to make an issue out of a week where it's a huge non-issue
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Got heeeeemm.
LOL no. If the legislature that passed the bill stated that it was not their legislative intent to restrict LEO, and in fact passed amendments to correct their omission, it's him trying to post an irrelevant gotcha.
I think that his complaint is ironic , given that during the federal ban I did not use my police status for years to get a restricted AR at work but instead carried preban mags and s ban compliant rifle. But he wants to make an issue out of a week where it's a huge non-issue
The men who wrote the Constitution never intended for the bearing of arms to be restricted at all, and in fact passed an amendment to correct their omission.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lol, even I think you are too much of a hard ass on that.
View Quote
I like debating and even I know I can't argue with that.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The men who wrote the Constitution never intended for the bearing of arms to be restricted at all, and in fact passed an amendment to correct their omission.
View Quote
And unfortunately our country today cannot agree as to their intent or even the relevance of the Amendment to modern society.
One might argue that's because we have had to good for so long that many citizens cannot envision it being any different.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I dunno, fiscal responsibility perhaps?

The United States operated just fine prior to the Federal Income Tax being passed in 1913. Not to mention maybe the US Government wouldn't be $20 Trillion or more in debt if it didn't have this large a crutch to lean on.
View Quote
You can have all of the fiscal responsibility in the world; you still need a revenue stream.
The US pre 1913 was an isolationist nation with  nowhere near the global presence we have today. That costs money, as each nation throughout history that has sat at the top of the world dominance heap has found when they've been there.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Umm...shouldn't ALL American's be tax protesters? Taxation is Theft!
View Quote
I would say that all Americans should educate themselves as many people have no clue and are oblivious to just how much our government is reaming us.   You know it but you have taken the time to educate yourself whereas most people haven't.

Then they should get involved, politically, to ensure people are elected to office to see those taxes, at worst, are as low as possible and, at best, go away completely.

For me, personally, I would love to see the 16th Amendment repealed and the progressive income tax disappear into the dustbin of history and I will work and support anyone who would see that happen.

Until then, I recommend people pay their taxes.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The state government admitted that they had forgotten to exempt law enforcement in the legislation, stated that it was not their intent to have LEOs restricted under SAFE and passed an amendment in a matter of literally days to correct the issue
View Quote
So while the issue was not corrected, it was in fact the law, or else no correction would have been needed.

And during that time, you chose to ignore said law. Seems like you are admitting to that fact.

You can't have it both ways.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So start a thread called:  "We demand a mod WE CAN ELECT FOR OURSELVES - to be reelected every 30 days!"
View Quote
I nominate Krpind
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And unfortunately our country today cannot agree as to their intent or even the relevance of the Amendment to modern society.
One might argue that's because we have had to good for so long that many citizens cannot envision it being any different.
View Quote
You can't come to an agreement if one side is willfully dishonest and willing to try to rewrite history to further their agenda of destroying our freedoms and way of life.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
 i dont think harry stone is a liberal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll get no argument from me, it speaks for itself.  I tried to see both sides of this but wow.
You said in your post "Liberals hate cops too", implying that you hate cops.

He is thanking you for your honesty admitting that you hate cops, I am guessing he is a cop.

Only reason I think he is a cop is because only cops care if you hate cops.
 i dont think harry stone is a liberal
Im confused.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only someone that's unable to read the text for themselves could be confused by "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" or the Constitutional amendment process in Article V.  "...To a modern society" should mean literally nothing with regard to the Constitution and it's shocking that someone that swore to support and defend it would crumple it up so.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Only someone that's unable to read the text for themselves could be confused by "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" or the Constitutional amendment process in Article V.  "...To a modern society" should mean literally nothing with regard to the Constitution and it's shocking that someone that swore to support and defend it would crumple it up so.
View Quote
Well, in all fairness, he didn't crumple up the Constitution when his guns were illegal....I am sure during that same time had he come across a citizen in the same position he would have had zero issue imposing the illegal law on the citizen though...
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I nominate Krpind
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So start a thread called:  "We demand a mod WE CAN ELECT FOR OURSELVES - to be reelected every 30 days!"
I nominate Krpind
lol

I respectfully decline.

I did my time.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
lol

I respectfully decline.

I did my time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I nominate Krpind
lol

I respectfully decline.

I did my time.
Being a mod should be the punishment for posting inappropriate material in the YLYL thread.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
lol

I respectfully decline.

I did my time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I nominate Krpind
lol

I respectfully decline.

I did my time.
Now you can be a regular jackoff like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 9:05:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I nominate Krpind
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I nominate Krpind
People's Tribune?  Lol.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, we all know their intent. Some people obviously just don't care.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:38:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tell us again how government is supposed to fund it's operations
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Umm...shouldn't ALL American's be tax protesters? Taxation is Theft!
Tell us again how government is supposed to fund it's operations
Uh ... Gov't should be so small that it doesn't require taxing us to death to run it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:15:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Uh ... Gov't should be so small that it doesn't require taxing us to death to run it.
View Quote
Tell us again, what level of functional government doesn't require taxes to fund operations.
It doesn't matter how small someones tax burden is, they'll still complain that it's too much tax.
People expect functional government. That requires funding through taxation
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:10:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Tell us again, what level of functional government doesn't require taxes to fund operations.
It doesn't matter how small someones tax burden is, they'll still complain that it's too much tax.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not what was stated.  "Taxing us to death" is what was stated.  Do you think there is anything wrong with the current tax code, or do you think it's pretty fair?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:17:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's not what was stated.  "Taxing us to death" is what was stated.  Do you think there is anything wrong with the current tax code, or do you think it's pretty fair?
View Quote
I know he said taxed to death. The problem is that that is an imprecise term, and no matter how low taxes go, someone will always be claiming that they're being taxed to death. People expect a functional level of government. That requires a revenue stream adequate to fund those operations.
There are always tweaks to the tax system that can be made, but society disagrees on what those tweaks could be
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:31:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That guy is on ignore for a good reason, and it's not because of his witty sense of humor and intelligence
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That guy is on ignore for a good reason, and it's not because of his witty sense of humor and intelligence
Is it cause you won't answer hard (for you) questions so you just ignore people?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:33:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I know he said taxed to death. The problem is that that is an imprecise term, and no matter how low taxes go, someone will always be claiming that they're being taxed to death. People expect a functional level of government. That requires a revenue stream adequate to fund those operations.
There are always tweaks to the tax system that can be made, but society disagrees on what those tweaks could be
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Notice how he gave another non-answer?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:42:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's not imprecise:  our progressive tax system, between the Federal and various state governments,  kills businesses, entities, and, on rare occasions, contributes to the deaths of real people.

Your entire understanding of our government, what it does, and how it pays its bills appears to be outdated.

Our progressive income tax has more to do with redistributing wealth, buying votes, and altering the social fabric of our nation than it does with providing tax receipts to the government.

The 16th amendment was ratified in 1913.   A whole hell of a lot of history took place in America between our founding and that moment in time.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:06:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:08:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yes. Every single facet.  

Today, I saw an eleven-cent "check engine' LED go on in the (2 Y-O) truck; it sent cold chills down my spine.
The more I think about that, the more pissed-off I get. Gov could literally take my truck & fine me $2,500 for not maintaining service as THEY see fit (it's for my own good of course).

This has gone too far for too long....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Every single facet.  

Today, I saw an eleven-cent "check engine' LED go on in the (2 Y-O) truck; it sent cold chills down my spine.
The more I think about that, the more pissed-off I get. Gov could literally take my truck & fine me $2,500 for not maintaining service as THEY see fit (it's for my own good of course).

We could be friends.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:08:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Maybe the problem people aren't the ones the rabble likes to point fingers at.
It sounds like you expected site moderation to turn the forum into an echo chamber where only approved ideas were posted
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was an estimated 12 million Americans without healthcare when Obama took office. They could have been covered by Blue Shield or others and no one else's health plan would have been affected. Instead, we got this gigantic beast called Obamacare that resulted in everyone's health care premiums increasing, especially if they had "Cadillac" plans. Obamacare put us one step closer to single-payer, which is the liberal's ultimate goal. The left wants a system like the UK that needs to be funded every year so they can under fund it and use the money to buy votes or pad their own wallets.

All we needed was an HMO for 12 million people and we got Obamacare.

All we needed to do here was handle the under_scores, race baiters, trolls and Never-Trumpers and got Obamacare instead.
Maybe the problem people aren't the ones the rabble likes to point fingers at.
It sounds like you expected site moderation to turn the forum into an echo chamber where only approved ideas were posted
Not at all. I just wanted the obvious trolls and baiters removed. The same people that came into every Trump thread, for instance, and tried to derail it. I have no problem hearing the underscore's POV, but when they are simply there to derail threads they bring nothing to the table.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:30:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes. Every single facet.  

View Quote
Ok, the light itself is eleven cents, but it's on for a reason. I'm assuming that you'll want to figure out what that reason is and fix it. You shouldn't have to need a fine to motivate you to maintain your equipment. But somehow in your mind the fact that your equipment has a deficiency, that's the fault of government
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:32:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not at all. I just wanted the obvious trolls and baiters removed. The same people that came into every Trump thread, for instance, and tried to derail it. I have no problem hearing the underscore's POV, but when they are simply there to derail threads they bring nothing to the table.
View Quote
The problem is that some people here consider anyone who disagrees with them to be a troll who should be silenced
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:46:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ok, the light itself is eleven cents, but it's on for a reason. I'm assuming that you'll want to figure out what that reason is and fix it. You shouldn't have to need a fine to motivate you to maintain your equipment. But somehow in your mind the fact that your equipment has a deficiency, that's the fault of government
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Every single facet.  

You miss the point that the .gov has expanded to insane levels.

One main reason it costs so much to fund the .gov is because they have their nose in virtually everything.

The other primary reason is that they are terrible stewards of the public monies. If any publicly traded company ran its finances like the .gov, the officers of it would be jailed after it went belly up (which wouldn't take long) for gross malfeasance.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:46:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"In my mind"?  That's kind of rude, Princess. Please think before you reply.

We're talking about two completely different things.

(turned out to be a faulty fuel injector that Ford is going to repair under warranty, but that was never the point)
View Quote
You clearly blamed government for the issue of the light coming on. Somehow government fining you for your faulty equipment is somehow the fault of government. Or so it sounded.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:50:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

One main reason it costs so much to fund the .gov is because they have their nose in virtually everything.

The other primary reason is that they are terrible stewards of the public monies. If any publicly traded company ran its finances like the .gov, the officers of it would be jailed after it went belly up (which wouldn't take long) for gross malfeasance.
View Quote
I don't miss the point. I see that argument here a lot. Modern society is complex. Advocating for shrinking government down to an eighteenth century level of governance isn't going to work. We get the government we want. Everyone wants some aspect of the government we have. Maybe not the entirety; liberals want more social programs. Conservatives want more military spending. What we have is a compromise of those competing desires
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:53:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You clearly blamed government for the issue of the light coming on. No, he didn't.

government fining you for your faulty equipment is somehow the fault of government. Somehow?

Or so it sounded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"In my mind"?  That's kind of rude, Princess. Please think before you reply.

We're talking about two completely different things.

(turned out to be a faulty fuel injector that Ford is going to repair under warranty, but that was never the point)
You clearly blamed government for the issue of the light coming on. No, he didn't.

government fining you for your faulty equipment is somehow the fault of government. Somehow?

Or so it sounded.
I'm going to punch you in the nose every time you say, "Hi."

But don't blame me if I break your nose.

Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:59:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
He said that he was upset ( chills down his spine ) because the government could fine him for a deficiency with his vehicle. How else was I supposed to take that statement?

Your  example of assault on me ( breaking my nose ) has nothing to do with the discussion
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I don't miss the point. I see that argument here a lot. Modern society is complex. Advocating for shrinking government down to an eighteenth century level of governance isn't going to work.  ...
View Quote
Why would shrinking government to an eighteenth century level not work?   Because society is complex?   All societies are relatively complex organisms because they are comprised of humans interacting with other human beings in a near infinite number of iterative ways.

No government bureaucrat or group of government bureaucrats can come close to understanding, let alone managing, such complex systems which is why command economies always fail.   Stop the government from trying to manage something they can't, not should or shouldn't but can't, and there won't be a need for the massive fleecing of our population.

Our government is as large as it is because people are corrupt and corrupt people have no problem taking money from one group, skimming off the top to line their pockets, and then handing the rest over to someone else so long as they get more power out of the deal.    Democrats (they aren't liberal) don't want social programs:  they want power.   Republicans don't want military spending: they want power.

Our government can function just fine at a fraction of their current size.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:02:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't miss the point. I see that argument here a lot. Modern society is complex. Advocating for shrinking government down to an eighteenth century level of governance isn't going to work. We get the government we want. Everyone wants some aspect of the government we have. Maybe not the entirety; liberals want more social programs. Conservatives want more military spending. What we have is a compromise of those competing desires
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if I were to stipulate to your post above (which I'd have serious issues with) the delivery, oversight and budgetary incompetence and malfeasance with virtually no repercussion for outright failure, not to mention just the gross inefficiency with which it is delivered would be criminal in any publicly traded venture.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:05:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

He said that he was upset ( chills down his spine ) because the government could fine him for a deficiency with his vehicle. How else was I supposed to take that statement?

Your  example of assault on me ( breaking my nose ) has nothing to do with the discussion
View Quote
That went right over your head.

The government created that offense and the punitive fine that goes with it.   How is the entity that created that law not responsible for the law they created?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:06:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
That honestly sounds like a statement my 7th grade US history teacher would have made.  In fact, and I'm not sure how this can realistically be denied, the US tax code is so convoluted the govt can probably nail anyone they want to with a tax-related penal code.  The govt itself is so overgrown, redundant and basically chaotic it's practically laughable.  Those points are not accounted for in your rather optimistic view of "the government we want."
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The problem is that some people here consider anyone who disagrees with them to be a troll who should be silenced
View Quote
Well, at least we've conclusively determined that you can't just tell them to "STFU."

@Lug1
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:07:44 AM EDT
[#42]
What the heck are you east coast guys doing up so late?

ETA: or is it early?  Wow I gotta to to sleep.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:08:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Insomnia and poor health.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:09:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Even if I were to stipulate to your post above (which I'd have serious issues with) the delivery, oversight and budgetary incompetence and malfeasance with virtually no repercussion for outright failure, not to mention just the gross inefficiency with which it is delivered would be criminal in any publicly traded venture.
View Quote
Then work to improve the delivery of the services that people want. The answer is not to wholesale slash entire sections of the government.

I don't know what issues you are having with what I posted, which is a pretty accurate summation of why we have the government we have
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:10:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't mean this as an insult.  It's is a simple inquiry so I can better understand, and interact with you.  Are you on the spectrum?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

ETA: or is it early?  Wow I gotta to to sleep.
View Quote
It's early, but I've been up for hours.
Have to be on a trail in an hour or so
Go to bed west coaster
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:17:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Then work to improve the delivery of the services that people want. The answer is not to wholesale slash entire sections of the government.

I don't know what issues you are having with what I posted, which is a pretty accurate summation of why we have the government we have
View Quote
Services?   The only "service" the government provides well is military/defense and that's not because they do it efficiently or effectively but because they suck so horribly at everything else it looks good by comparison.

Anything our government does is a poor imitation of what the free market could provide at double the cost and half the efficiency.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:18:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1- You fail to take into account the effect of controlling so much public money has.

2- You fail to take into account the effect that massive amounts of private money has on the members of the .gov through both campaign donation and "lobbying" LOL
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:29:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You clearly blamed government for the issue of the light coming on. Somehow government fining you for your faulty equipment is somehow the fault of government. Or so it sounded.
View Quote
Specifically the EPA...yep fuel injection was forced on the automakers by the wonderful EPA...
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:31:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You can have all of the fiscal responsibility in the world; you still need a revenue stream.
The US pre 1913 was an isolationist nation with  nowhere near the global presence we have today. That costs money, as each nation throughout history that has sat at the top of the world dominance heap has found when they've been there.
View Quote
Yep. When we're giving Egypt over 1.3 billion dollars, that money has to come from somewhere.

https://www.foreignassistance.gov/explore

138 million US taxpayers. That means every taxpayer essentally has to pony up $10 to Egypt. Why? Because we just give out free money.
Page / 60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top