Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:19:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Their company, their rules. Move from that utopia you have out there.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If that's all they did, I wouldn't be butthurt.
Cancelling open orders so they can double the price and re-list it is what got me pissed off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Find another vendor.  They are overprice during normal times and then when panic starts their supply goes down and their prices inversely proportionally go up and that pisses everyone off here.  They all get butthurt because CTD follows the simple rules of economics.  Long story short you will not get a good answer here.

If that's all they did, I wouldn't be butthurt.
Cancelling open orders so they can double the price and re-list it is what got me pissed off.

Touche, I forgot that part.

I still have a receipt from 1K of M855 from them in the early 2000's for $139.  I need to find it for nostalgia purposes.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]
bless your heart
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
bless your heart
View Quote

Im new here.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Obviously, I have involuntarily done zero business with them.  In light of my newfound knowledge, I won't even attempt it in the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is a blessing in disguise. CTD is a horrible company. Please stop doing business with them.

Obviously, I have involuntarily done zero business with them.  In light of my newfound knowledge, I won't even attempt it in the future.

GD wins this round... Your move, CTD, your move.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Im new here.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
bless your heart

Im new here.  

Well a CTD-bashing thread wasn't a bad way to start.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:30:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Your anger is misdirected, it should lie with your lawmakers.  CTD just said fuck it we aren't chancing shipping a banned item to California.
View Quote

exactly.

The CA laws are too convoluted and CTD has decided it is better for business to just not ship to CA instead of employing lawyers to double check every order destined for CA and then check it again in case the first two lawyers fuck it up.

This is not a problem with CTD, it is a problem with communist lawmakers in CA.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Given what I know about CA political structure, I wouldn't ship anything gun related to the state either.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Double fail.

Cheaper than dirt and California .
View Quote

This. Duh.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fuck California
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

exactly.

The CA laws are too convoluted and CTD has decided it is better for business to just not ship to CA instead of employing lawyers to double check every order destined for CA and then check it again in case the first two lawyers fuck it up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your anger is misdirected, it should lie with your lawmakers.  CTD just said fuck it we aren't chancing shipping a banned item to California.

exactly.

Are you saying that every other company who ships here (and there are plenty) have an army of lawyers on retainer who review every single order and verify it's legality?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm not a fan of CTD either. I can find it cheaper somewhere else and the shipping is going to be cheaper half the time.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:39:34 AM EDT
[#13]
FIFY

ScottyDoesntKnow
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
FIFY

ScottyDoesntKnow
View Quote

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE.  Never seen that one before.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Maybe it has to do with the fact that just about everything is regulated in some way in California, and the state is replete with AGs who would love to file civil actions across state lines for BS reasons.

I don't blame any gun/ammo/accessories company who won't ship anything to CA, or NY, NJ, IL, MA, etc...
View Quote

Correct-answer
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Thank you for the insight.  I was in Afghanistan when that went down, so I missed out on the price gouging I suppose.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Double fail.

Could you elaborate?  I see a lot of CTD hate, and I'm starting to get it.  I'm not "in the know", as it were...

In the days (and months) after Sandy Hook happened, people were panic-buying any gun-related thing they could get their hands on. Meanwhile, CTD was busy price-gouging the holy living fuck out of all of their customers. They were basically the only ones who had AR mags, ammo, "cool" firearms, etc. in stock on a regular basis and so they set their prices for astronomical, knowing that people would pay whatever they asked because lots of people thought AR's would be banned federally and this was their last chance to get one or to get mags.  

CTD was charging $600 for a 100rd Beta Mag, $140 for a standard PMag, and $100 for used USGI mags. You could buy a standard, bottom-shelf AR from them for maybe $3k if they had one in stock. It was pretty fucking disgusting, especially considering the blatant irony of their business name.

Fuck CTD.

Now you've been informed, OP.

Thank you for the insight.  I was in Afghanistan when that went down, so I missed out on the price gouging I suppose.

They did the same thing in the 'post-Obummer got elected' panic buying period....and previous panic-buying periods.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:48:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fuck California
View Quote

Pretty much

CTD decided they don't need Cali's business. Now here's the idea behind it.

1) Your pissed... That,s what they want
2) If your pissed enough (Cali public at large) you'll stop voting for gun grabbing tree hugging commie assholes.

Am I right?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#18]
It wasn't just the Post Sandy Hook panic either.

I remember the panic before that (was it Obama re-election?) 380 ammo was especially hard to come by. CTD had boxes of it for something like $150 a box IIRC.

People started leaving negative reviews on their page, but CTD kept deleting them. So the members here started leaving ridiculously positive reviews for it instead. That thread was Hilarious.

Comments like: "when you see the way the shells blade from your ejection port at 45 degrees, you will know why these rounds are worth the extra cost."
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:51:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Pretty much

2) If your pissed enough (Cali public at large) you'll stop voting for gun grabbing tree hugging commie assholes.

Am I right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck California

Pretty much

Am I right?

Nope.  I still get everything I want, they just don't get my money.  Asking a question =/= being butthurt.

Anyone who's pro2A here already doesn't vote for gun grabbers.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

In the days (and months) after Sandy Hook happened, people were panic-buying any gun-related thing they could get their hands on. Meanwhile, CTD was busy price-gouging the holy living fuck out of all of their customers. They were basically the only ones who had AR mags, ammo, "cool" firearms, etc. in stock on a regular basis and so they set their prices for astronomical, knowing that people would pay whatever they asked because lots of people thought AR's would be banned federally and this was their last chance to get one or to get mags.  

CTD was charging $600 for a 100rd Beta Mag, $140 for a standard PMag, and $100 for used USGI mags. You could buy a standard, bottom-shelf AR from them for maybe $3k if they had one in stock. It was pretty fucking disgusting, especially considering the blatant irony of their business name.

Fuck CTD.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Double fail.

Could you elaborate?  I see a lot of CTD hate, and I'm starting to get it.  I'm not "in the know", as it were...

Fuck CTD.

^^^^ Amen
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Have you tried Brownells?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Have you tried Brownells?
View Quote

I get a lot of stuff from Brownells, midway, PA, CDG ARMS, CDNN, etc.  I still find great deals...
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Fuck CTD.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Double fail.

Fuck CTD.

So they had inventory in stock but we're also moving inventory at the prices they set? Sounds like free market capitalism to me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Im new here.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
bless your heart

Im new here.  

I'm not sure about that
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#25]
These are better than Midway shipping threads.

Oh and FUCK CTD!

Let's not forget they quit selling any AR-15's just after Sandy Hook.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not sure about that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
bless your heart

Im new here.  

I'm not sure about that

I only have 35 posts.  :(
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#27]
I don’t blame CTD for not shipping to CA.  The small amount they could make might be wiped out many times over if a CA Da decided to sue.

On their price gouging, Neil Boortz makes a strong case on why price gouging is a good thing.  If the price is low, but the demand is high, a small number of people might buy up the entire supply.  See the Neckbeards and .22 ammo threads here.  If the price goes up drastically, people will only buy what they need, leaving more of the product for others.  Would you rathr pay $194 for a mag, or be told sorry they are out of stock.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#28]
1)  CTD is a private business.  They can do or not do business with whoever they want.  They have chosen to not do business with Kali residents.

2)  Bullet buttons or any of the other work-arounds.......that's putting lipstick on a pig.  

3)  If you don't like it, work to change the laws or work to remove yourself from Kali.

4)  You aren't going to get much love from ARF with the kali problem.  Most of us have written that (and a few others) state off as "land of libtardned"

5)  I wouldn't sell to kali either.  Not worth it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#29]
The voters of California decide what sort of  gun laws they want to enact and the owners of CTD decide what sort of business practices they want to adhere to.

Fuck California.

BTW; comes 2015 most gun manufacturers will be intentionally allowing their products to fall off of the California "roster" because they are tired of the bullshit and expense required by the State of California in order to continue to sell their firearms there.

You've got a lot more problems than CTD's decision not to ship to you.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The voters of California decide what sort of  gun laws they want to enact and the owners of CTD decide what sort of business practices they want to adhere to.

Fuck California.

BTW; comes 2015 most gun manufacturers will be intentionally allowing their products to fall off of the California "roster" because they are tired of the bullshit and expense required by the State of California in order to continue to sell their firearms there.

You've got a lot more problems than CTD's decision not to ship to you.
View Quote

and all of this too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

So they had inventory in stock but we're also moving inventory at the prices they set? Sounds like free market capitalism to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Double fail.

Fuck CTD.

You know what else is free market capitalism? Guys like HammerHammer voting with their wallets and telling CTD to fuck off.

Count me in that group as well.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes, probably thousands of orders. Thats why they can afford not to ship to California and Connecticut too-where you can't buy an AR at all unless you are an exempted class citizen or pay 10x the value for a preban.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you suppose anyone took them up on their $140 PMAG steals?

Yes, probably thousands of orders. Thats why they can afford not to ship to California and Connecticut too-where you can't buy an AR at all unless you are an exempted class citizen or pay 10x the value for a preban.

CDNN will not ship 10 rnd mags to Ct
SG ammo will not ship ammo even with proper permit

Many private sellers will not do any biz to "ban" states

New normal

There are plenty that will
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Maybe they don't need the potentially serious legal headaches.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
It very much does lie with them, trust me.  Regardless, Californians still desire and are able to acquire things from virtually every other company.  It just mystifies me why a company would shut out millions of potential customers plaintiffs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It very much does lie with them, trust me.  Regardless, Californians still desire and are able to acquire things from virtually every other company.  It just mystifies me why a company would shut out millions of potential customers plaintiffs.
FIFY

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:17:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Double fail.

View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#37]
How far are you from Las Vegas, OP? They usually have good gun shows that have just about anything you could want for your EBR. If you need a few days off, coordinate a trip to LV to coincide with a gun show. Check in with the NV hometown forum and someone there should be able to give you dates, plus info on where to stay and what to do in LV...
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:17:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If CTD was $5 less than Brownells on an item I would still buy it from Brownells.

Oh, did I mention......... FUCK CTD!
View Quote

Me too.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
FIFY  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY  

I forgot about the litany of lawsuits that are being brought against all the other companies that ship to California.  My apologies. Thank you for correct my glaring error, kind sir.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It very much does lie with them, trust me.  Regardless, Californians still desire and are able to acquire things from virtually every other company.  It just mystifies me why a company would shut out millions of potential customers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It very much does lie with them, trust me.  Regardless, Californians still desire and are able to acquire things from virtually every other company.  It just mystifies me why a company would shut out millions of potential customers.

It is not mystical.  The potential for legal proceedings and the cost of doing business outweighs the upside of sales for CTD.
It is a choice that CTD and other companies has made.
You are looking at this from your world.
CTD's world is a little different.

California and excuses made by gun owners is the thing that mystifies me.
Two minor things so that I can own an AR.
I can put anything on my AR except suppressor, SBR, etc.
It is not really that bad.
Moving is not really an option.
Other states are worse than California.
There are Cali gun owners fighting the gun laws in California.
But there are just as many that list the excuses and appear perfectly happy to be allowed to won what they own by the state of California.
I don't get it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How far are you from Las Vegas, OP? They usually have good gun shows that have just about anything you could want for your EBR. If you need a few days off, coordinate a trip to LV to coincide with a gun show. Check in with the NV hometown forum and someone there should be able to give you dates, plus info on where to stay and what to do in LV...
View Quote

But a hop, skip and a short drive.  Thanks for the tip!

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Maybe they don't need the potentially serious legal headaches.
View Quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the liability rested upon the recipient. I'm pretty sure there isn't much liability to the sender for shipping something to a ban state.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It is not mystical.  The potential for legal proceedings and the cost of doing business outweighs the upside of sales for CTD.

But there are just as many that list the excuses and appear perfectly happy to be allowed to won what they own by the state of California.
I don't get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get it.

Making the best of a bad situation.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Fuck California
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Have said it before. Will say it again. If every ammo retailer jacked prices on .22 like CTD did, we'd be awash in it at reasonable prices today.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sometimes making a statement is worth more than dollars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes making a statement is worth more than dollars.

Also, how much are they really losing out from ditching CA? Sales vs. keeping a bunch of lawyers busy trying to keep the wolves at bay? If a state will allow somebody whose second cousin was shot in a drive-by to sue the company who sold the shooter the ammo he used, why even take a chance?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Why would I want to deal with the ins and outs of random fucked up laws, when I can just avoid it by not shipping there?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Very constructive input... thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck California

Facts are facts, dude...
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Facts are facts, dude...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck California

Facts are facts, dude...

Fuck California is a fact?  Dammit.  This whole time, I've been thinking that it was just people's opinion.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.  

I hate to be a bother, but would you be a dear and cite me the reputable source where that establishes the fact "fuck California"?.  I can't seem to find it.  Thanks in advance!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top