Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Never seen chili in Texas? Open your fucking eyes.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]
.45!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What the fuck is with arfcom and chili??

Outside of Frito pies and hot dogs at a fairs and football games I've never seen the nasty shit.  

Born, raised, lived in Texas all my life.  NOBODY fucking makes chili.  NOBODY fucking eats chili.  NOBODY fucking talks about chili.  NOBODY fucking wants chili.

View Quote

Well, here in Michigan, we eat it during the winter months because it's a warm dish.

But I can see why you may not like it - because of your cold, dead heart ... all the more reason to enjoy it!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#4]
No beans = Meat sauce
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let's say you grew up your whole life making, ordering and eating burgers, which were developed wherever you fictionally grew up.  The burger of your youth was a simple, but good affair:  Quality bun, good meat, thick sliced cheese, fresh lettuce, fresh sliced tomato, mayo.

Then you read online about other people making what they call burgers.  It's similar, with a bun, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayo....but they add a drop of Worcestershire sauce to the meat when making patties.  You mention that you grew up where they invented burgers, and had never put Worcestershire  in with the meat.  They respond that if you don't add the W, it isn't actually a burger.  In fact, what you're eating may as well be a grilled cheese sandwich.

This would be confusing enough, but as you dig more, you find out that most of the people telling you your burger isn't actually a burger at all make veggie burgers...they're adding a drop of Worcestershire sauce into their black bean vegan patty, and claiming that theirs is actually a burger and yours isn't.  Even worse, they're using buns bought from Walmart, their cheese is that nasty processed single packaged shit kids use to make actually grilled cheese sandwiches, and they're using canned tomatoes instead of fresh sliced.

You can understand how someone who grew up in the place where burgers first became a "thing" would be confused by a bunch of black bean vegan patty, processed shit ingredient using people telling him his burger was actually a grilled cheese sandwich that sucked and their vegan burgers were the only real burger.  You might even feel sympathy for these poor folks, who obviously wouldn't know a good burger if it came to life and chocked them to death with their own Worcestershire sprinkled vegan black bean burger.  

Similarly, Texans have struggled to bring enlightenment to those poor fools that think any of the following:

1) that chili without beans is "hot dog/spaghetti sauce" (which makes me feel bad not only for their never having good chili, but apparently good spaghetti either).
2) that a teaspoon of dried generic chili powder from the store is a suitable amount of "spices"
3) that ground beef in a tube is an acceptable starting point for chili meat
4) that canned anything makes chili "good".
5) that beans magically add "flavor" to anything

It's less that we're bothered by the beans themselves, and more that if someone insists chili has to have beans, you know they've probably never made chili that didn't have the following ingredients: ground beef, a small amount store bought chili powder, canned beans.  Hopefully someday they can try actual chili and be enlightened.  
View Quote

Mayo? On a burger? Have you no decency?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you don't have mayo on a burger it's not actually a burger.

True story.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Just finished eating chili left-overs for lunch.  With Beans and cheese.  GA transplant to TX.
View Quote

Bean soup with cheese?

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#11]
OP must live in Austin
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Outside of Frito pies and hot dogs at a fairs and football games I've never seen the nasty shit.  

Born, raised, lived in Texas all my life.  NOBODY fucking makes chili.  NOBODY fucking eats chili.  NOBODY fucking talks about chili.  NOBODY fucking wants chili.
View Quote

I make chili.
I eat chili.
I talk about chili.
I want chili.

I'm from New York, but live in Virginia. I like my chili spicy. Crazy spicy. If it doesn't have any kick, I'll add Tabasco, tons of it.
Have a nice weekend.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

True story.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True story.

I would argue that point, but this is neither the time nor the place to tell you how wrong you are. This is the time and place to tell the OP how wrong he is.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I make chili.
I eat chili.
I talk about chili.
I want chili.

I'm from New York, but live in Virginia. I like my chili spicy. Crazy spicy. If it doesn't have any kick, I'll add Tabasco, tons of it.
Have a nice weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I make chili.
I eat chili.
I talk about chili.
I want chili.

Have a nice weekend.

Chili is made spicy with real peppers, not red pickle juice.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#16]
It came from a long and very entertaining (epic) thread about whether chili should have beans or not.  One of those arfcomisms that just stuck.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I would argue that point, but this is neither the time nor the place to tell you how wrong you are. This is the time and place to tell the OP how wrong he is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True story.

You're missing my point.

Entirely.

ETA:  I'll give you a hint, since you might need it.  I don't believe a burger isn't a burger without mayo.  That would be retarded.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#19]
op and this thread is dildos

i made a yuge crock pot of chili last weekend

banhammer op
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
oh, what a sad, isolated life you have led.

I pity you.
View Quote

FPNI

AND

SPNI
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Chili with beans is a vegan chili con carne.

Chili con carne is a product of Texas

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#23]
One wonders if OP has ever had a PB&J with the crust still on it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Wendy's brought back their taco salad.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

One wonders if OP has ever had a PB&J with the crust still on it.
View Quote

Nah. I bet he still packs a Lunchable
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Like so many other things here, once the water heads glom onto it, it lasts for years.
View Quote

Pics of wife or it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I assume youre talking about chili with beans, as without, its not chili
View Quote

Is it still a gangbang if there are two retards being anally raped?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

GTFO.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Why are they selli dog food as Chili

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm 5th generation Texan. I don't know what the fuck OP is about. Must be from Austin, or something.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
oh, what a sad, isolated life you have led.

I pity you.
View Quote

FPNI.  Good scratch-made Chili is one of my favorite foods.  I'm with the OP with respect to most canned Chili, though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Let's say you grew up your whole life...SNIP
View Quote

Bravo. Perfect
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#35]
You don't know wtf you're talking about

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#36]
If you favor chili with beans

Put lots of them in there by all means

Grip a spoon, shovel them over your gunnel

And turn your buttpipe into a giant wind tunnel

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Let's say you grew up your whole life making, ordering and eating burgers, which were developed wherever you fictionally grew up.  The burger of your youth was a simple, but good affair:  Quality bun, good meat, thick sliced cheese, fresh lettuce, fresh sliced tomato, mayo.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

True story.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True story.

This, wtf eats a burger without mayo?

Also, beans are SURVIVAL FOOD.  Come the end of the world, I will eat the shit out of some beans.

Till then?  Fuck that, give me prime rib.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#39]
OP, you identify as "Texan" and you have never had a bowl at the Texas Chili Parlor??

It would settle the dabate for you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Holy Jesus, what is that? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT??? Who's the slimy little Communist shit twinkle-toed cocksucker here who puts sour cream on CHILI???
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I use mayo on mine, but it's more as an ingredient for the sauce/spread. I also mix in a little ketchup, relish, sugar and a dash of vinegar. 

?

?

Then you spread it on the bottom side of a toasted bun. 
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I make the same joke about it not actually being a burger if it doesn't have mayo, are you going to not get it like the other guy?

I hope you read the whole post and didn't stop there.  It might help you understand just how wrong the chili without beans isn't chili folks are.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#43]
It's the fault of those Texas people.

For whatever reason it's them against the world. Those people chose their spicy spaghetti sauce as the carriage in which to deliver a message to the world.

The failure of those people to see the irony in their efforts only shows the world what kind of people they are.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I use mayo on mine, but it's more as an ingredient for the sauce/spread. I also mix in a little ketchup, relish, sugar and a dash of vinegar. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107976995/Pics/Dinner/Burger/3.jpg?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107976995/Pics/Dinner/Burger/4.jpg?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I learned that sauce from my dad who learned it from a guy in the Navy.

That stuff WORKS.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Neither of the things you referenced are chili. They are chili sauce that you put on shit like frito pies. This is the same stuff that Yankees think we are talking about. It is not what we are talking about. I bet you are from Longview or Lamesa....
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Similarly, Texans have struggled to bring enlightenment to those poor fools that think any of the following:

1) that chili without beans is "hot dog/spaghetti sauce" (which makes me feel bad not only for their never having good chili, but apparently good spaghetti either).
2) that a teaspoon of dried generic chili powder from the store is a suitable amount of "spices"
3) that ground beef in a tube is an acceptable starting point for chili meat
4) that canned anything makes chili "good".
5) that beans magically add "flavor" to anything

It's less that we're bothered by the beans themselves, and more that if someone insists chili has to have beans, you know they've probably never made chili that didn't have the following ingredients: ground beef, a small amount store bought chili powder, canned beans.  Hopefully someday they can try actual chili and be enlightened.  
View Quote

Don't forget the need to use cans upon cans of tomatoes...
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That stuff WORKS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

That stuff WORKS.

My dad was in the Navy and he made that very concoction. On a burger I don't use mayo or cheese and stay away from mayo in general.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
op and this thread is dildos

i made a yuge crock pot of chili last weekend

banhammer op
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
No beans = Meat sauce
View Quote

Well..it is meat sauce.  Meat chunks cooked in a tasty chile sauce.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

That stuff WORKS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That stuff WORKS.
It's basically 1000 Island dressing, i.e., ketchup and tarter mixed.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top