Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the range was smart they would contact every LE agency that ever trained there and make them aware that their officers information was about to be shared with a private party or made public. That might get something moving.
View Quote
THIS.  

@LawyerUp :  I'm not a WV lawyer, so I'm asking you whether third parties can file as intervenor to stop the release of this info to plaintiffs, even under Protective Order?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Um, no.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Why are they special?

The entire fiasco is an outrageous overreach by the "judicial" system.
I'd look at extreme measures if they released my information.
View Quote
Because like it or not LE agencies have a better chance of making a phone call to someone that will stop this silly shit like the state AG.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looking at google earth, that is a bad ass range. Hopefully the plaintiff gets their shit knocked out of court.
View Quote
IF only we had the Goldsteins address to see where they were...
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

THIS.  

@LawyerUp :  I'm not a WV lawyer, so I'm asking you whether third parties can file as intervenor to stop the release of this info to plaintiffs, even under Protective Order?
View Quote
Absolutely.  It sounds like this is released under a protective order though.  So it will still be "protected."  But still.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Can we file a motion to find out where the Goldstein's live?

Is the CA Goldstein associated with Bloomberg and his anti-gun push?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, there goes that range. Dirt bag fucks using a court they know (or think) will comply with their Antigun crusade. Who wants to be a member where Antigun loons have your personal info?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dear complainant: You're retarded.  You moved next to a shooting range, what did you expect?
View Quote
Could have been their plan of action. Been done before by rich anti-gunners. And once the range is closed property values may increase, so it's a business investment.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Because like it or not LE agencies have a better chance of making a phone call to someone that will stop this silly shit like the state AG.
View Quote
The state AG is very pro gun.  He stopped by my office one time and we bullshitted about guns and other things.  But in the end, this is a court order.  Not much he can do.  I get court orders all the time allowing me access to LEO personnel files, w/ all sorts of personal things.  In some instances I'm ordered not to share with my clients.    And if any of the info got out, or was misused, it'd be my ass.  Also, usually the order requires the info to be destroyed after the case is resolved.  

Still though, some CA scumbag lawyer and his SJW clients.  I wouldn't want him to have my SSN, or anything else.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They are the defendant.  If they fail to comply, judgment can be entered against them, in which case, the plaintiffs will get everything they are asking for put into an enforceable court order.

They should be seeking a "writ of prohibition" from the WV Supreme Court before complying.

Likewise, the affected customers should be hiring lawyers to send the plaintiffs, and their lawyers, letters that they are about to get sued.

<----licensed WV lawyer
View Quote
Haven't heard that one before.  How does that work?  Do you sue for money and apply some kind of dollar value to your loss of range access?  Or do you file a cease and desist lawsuit of their lawsuit?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm a member there. If they can shutdown a range like that over noise. No range is safe. It's on a lot of land and there aren't any nearby houses that I've seen.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agent John Shipley agrees with you.

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/elpaso/press-releases/2010/ep082410.htm

No records. No conviction.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The moral of the story is this: never keep any records you are not legally obliged to keep.
Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agent John Shipley agrees with you.

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/elpaso/press-releases/2010/ep082410.htm

No records. No conviction.
Other than you have to pay taxes on all that and keep records for taxes, otherwise the IRS will come throw your ass in the slammer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Haven't heard that one before.  How does that work?  Do you sue for money and apply some kind of dollar value to your loss of range access?  Or do you file a cease and desist lawsuit of their lawsuit?
View Quote
You just play their own game of legal gymnastics.  I don't know, I could think of a few things.  Invasion of privacy type stuff.  Not range access, but the disclosure and use of your private information.  You don't have to win in the end.  Just sue them and start sending subpoenas around for their things and maybe take their depositions and give them some of their own medicine.

eta:  easiest would be just to intervene into the existing lawsuit.  But, you'd spend money, so you'd have to be motivated by principle.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I think that's just the order allowing to CA lawyer onto the case
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Activist judges are either going to completely finish off the country--or are going to be removed via whatever means is necessary.  Americans will have to decide how to proceed.  
View Quote
WV state court judges are elected every 8 years.  And for the most part are lazy.  I doubt this judge is putting that much thought into it.  They try to solve problems by splitting it somewhere down the middle.  They hope the parties settle.  And if they don't resolve it, a couple of years down the road they'll actually start looking at the law and the facts and end up doing something one way or the other.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looks like it is California's fault

Pursuant to Rule 8.0(b) of the Rules for Admission to the Practice of Law in the
State of West Virginia, I, Michael Goldstein, being duly sworn, hereby depose and state as
follows:
l . I am a member in good standing and admitted to practice before the Bar of
the Supreme Court of the State of California (California Bar No. 95128).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before "this must be California's fault"
Looks like it is California's fault

Pursuant to Rule 8.0(b) of the Rules for Admission to the Practice of Law in the
State of West Virginia, I, Michael Goldstein, being duly sworn, hereby depose and state as
follows:
l . I am a member in good standing and admitted to practice before the Bar of
the Supreme Court of the State of California (California Bar No. 95128).
There is a metric shit-ton of Benjamin Goldstein(s) that are lawyers.

I found one in Burke, Virginia that is a lawyer for the Dept of Commerce.......Not that I would ever put someone in the blood-sucking Jewish lawyer category.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#19]
If only whitepages.com would return an address and phone number for a Diane H Goldstein from Winchester, VA...

Oh...wait...it does...and she just so happens to live 1/2 a mile from the range as the crow flies.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If only whitepages.com would return an address and phone number for a Diane H Goldstein from Winchester, VA...

Oh...wait...it does...and she just so happens to live 1/2 a mile from the range as the crow flies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If only.

Quoted:
Looking at google earth, that is a bad ass range. Hopefully the plaintiff gets their shit knocked out of court.
That range does not look all that big, perhaps I'm missing something?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well then, the good folks of WV need to get organized at his next election and remove him from his cushy government job and make him chase ambulances like any other self-respecting attorney.
View Quote
That's the area of WV up close to DC.  They also have/had a gun ban in the city of martinsburg there.  They have, or at lest had, an anti-gun mayor.  I don't think the people up there care so much.  Ignorant voters always reelect trial level judges, even if they suck.  People are stupid.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:43:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
just pulled the addresses on Google Maps.  you'd think that 1/2 mile of dense forest would kill sound quite a bit
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#24]
None of that information they want is related to a nuisance complaint or prohibits the ass-wipe who filed the complaint from using his personal property.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Shot a 3 gun match at Peacemaker a couple years ago. Its literally in the middle of "the sticks" with a one lane barely paved road that winds a couple miles to gain access.

This has to be a person who decided to move to the "country", but doesn't want the sounds and smells of the country.

Kind of sucks, I'm on the list now because I had to sign their waiver to shoot.
View Quote
Yea shot FN and a couple of USPSA matches and used the range a couple of time, yea got the email and the complaint is posted on their website.  Wonder how Cole is handling the complaint?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

WV state court judges are elected every 8 years.  And for the most part are lazy.  I doubt this judge is putting that much thought into it.  They try to solve problems by splitting it somewhere down the middle.  They hope the parties settle.  And if they don't resolve it, a couple of years down the road they'll actually start looking at the law and the facts and end up doing something one way or the other.
View Quote
Can they be removed from office early?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That's the area of WV up close to DC. They also have/had a gun ban in the city of martinsburg there. They have, or at lest had, an anti-gun mayor. I don't think the people up there care so much. Ignorant voters always reelect trial level judges, even if they suck. People are stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well then, the good folks of WV need to get organized at his next election and remove him from his cushy government job and make him chase ambulances like any other self-respecting attorney.
That's the area of WV up close to DC. They also have/had a gun ban in the city of martinsburg there. They have, or at lest had, an anti-gun mayor. I don't think the people up there care so much. Ignorant voters always reelect trial level judges, even if they suck. People are stupid.
Let's be honest, every election I have to fill out a ballot that includes a ton of elected judges. How the heck do I, as a regular Joe who has little to no court interaction, know which ones are good and bad? Sometimes there aren't even election websites for these folks so I can see what values they (claim) to uphold, or groups endorse them. Its not feasible for me to research and read the rulings of every court that has an elected judge.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Does that court even have jurisdiction to release 4473s?
View Quote
No. Only ATF.
And in very rare cases Cuban Colonels.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Can they be removed from office early?
View Quote
I don't know if there's any sort of recall.  Not that I've ever heard of.  Judges can be removed for ethical misconduct, as recently happened when one got caught trying to frame his secretary's husband.  He went to prison though, so I don't think that was a difficult removal.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Let's be honest, every election I have to fill out a ballot that includes a ton of elected judges. How the heck do I, as a regular Joe who has little to no court interaction, know which ones are good and bad? Sometimes there aren't even election websites for these folks so I can see what values they (claim) to uphold, or groups endorse them. Its not feasible for me to research and read the rulings of every court that has an elected judge.
View Quote
That's a good question.  In WV, you're talking about mostly rural.  So everyone knows who the judges are and generally what they're about.  For bigger areas with more judges, I don't know.  This is going to be the new battleground, so time to start figuring it out.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Fence in next to shitsteins property.  Release a metric shit-ton of pigs.

Set back and enjoy the lulz.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Interestingly enough she is 74 and the house hasn't been sold recently enough to be recorded online. So did she just now decide they are bothering her or did someone shop around for a plaintiff. 
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:22:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Interestingly enough she is 74 and the house hasn't been sold recently enough to be recorded online. So did she just now decide they are bothering her or did someone shop around for a plaintiff. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bennet Goldstein (69) also seems to live in Winchester.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Remember this if a range tells you that they need to make a copy of your Form 4.  There was a thread either here or on Uzitalk describing a range making that request.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Same thing happened here where I live. Guy moves near our local range and then makes complaint after complaint about the range.

While his son was a member of the local baseball team, houses near the baseball field were complaining their houses were getting hit by foul balls. I remember him saying that they should have

known what would happen when they built a house right behind the diamond..but cannot link that to himself and shooting range. Probably hates guns.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Every member of the range should send him a package of cheap pink earplugs.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Can we file a motion to find out where the Goldstein's live?

Is the CA Goldstein associated with Bloomberg and his anti-gun push?
View Quote
Should be easy.  Most county property tax records are online.

I have a couple cans of old paint and some old fuel to get rid of.    If I lived nearby I would at least know where to toss them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
IF only we had the Goldsteins address to see where they were...
View Quote
Took about 10 seconds to find.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks like the WVCDL and VCDL might need to combine their resources to fight this.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#40]
House is at the bottom left

Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Think we could do a group buy on bag o dicks and send them over those pricks?  
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#43]
related to the d-bags?

Michael Goldstein, Esq.
Law Offices of Michael Goldstein
295 Hillcrest Drive
Encinitas, Califomia 92024
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They are the defendant.  If they fail to comply, judgment can be entered against them, in which case, the plaintiffs will get everything they are asking for put into an enforceable court order.

They should be seeking a "writ of prohibition" from the WV Supreme Court before complying.

Likewise, the affected customers should be hiring lawyers to send the plaintiffs, and their lawyers, letters that they are about to get sued.

<----licensed WV lawyer
View Quote
The members could run and scatter as sheep, or come together as warriors and deal with the challenge as a group.
As a group they would be formidable.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Can't NFA records only be accessed by the Department of the Treasury because they are considered tax records?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This.

After the noise complaint goes nowhere they will try and get the EPA involved. They tried to pull the same shit at a DNR operated range here.
View Quote
Better act soon, the EPA is on the endangered species list!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Sounds like the range needs to have a .50 cal day.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Activist judges are either going to completely finish off the country--or are going to be removed via whatever means is necessary.  Americans will have to decide how to proceed.  
View Quote
Shakespeare was right.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top