BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 28
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There are over 70 counts that have to be discussed. This is what happens with a mass murder trial.
View Quote

Absolutely, but I'd hate to be in the conference to finalize them or in the court room having to listen to them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 10:24:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The judge said on Friday that the jury instructions were 100 pages long (in 14 point font).  That's going to take forever to read.
View Quote

IIRC it took 7.5 hours to read the jury instructions at the beginning of the trial.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The judge said on Friday that the jury instructions were 100 pages long (in 14 point font).  That's going to take forever to read.
View Quote
And it's going to be the same thing over and over for each count.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Almost as bad as being in the courtroom with Brooks and his constant interruptions.

The jurry will have to suffer through all that for hours.

Does Brooks need to be there for it? I dont believe he can interrupt the reading of the instructions. But I could be wrong.

Any challenges to the instructions has to be done before they are issued to the Jury.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Almost as bad as being in the courtroom with Brooks and his constant interruptions.

Does Brooks need to be there for it? I dont believe he can interrupt the reading of the instructions. But I could be wrong.

Any challenges to the instructions has to be done before they are issued to the Jury.
View Quote

Oh he will, non stop. They'll have to kick him out
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Tomorrow should be another popcorn filled day. Darrell has had an entire weekend to build up additional sov cit arguments. I think strategically bringing in his mother and himself to testify would be absolutely poor choices on his part because the state would absolutely rip both of them up on cross exam, but it would allow him to keep on delaying and that seems to be his primary goal now. So much for attempting to garner any sort of sympathy with the jury.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 7:27:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His whole "Sovereign Citizen" stuff has really pathetic to watch. I wish the "SC" crew would stop using the Gadsden Flag, as they represent the OPPOSITE of what it stands for.

I wonder if it can be proven that Brooks is really an undercover FedBoi who lost his cool and decided to take entrapment to the next level by putting them under his vehicle?
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Will there be an episode today?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 8:47:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Haven't had the time to follow it other than to see a few highlights and some of his "Greatest Hits" moments on small clips.
OK...he's obviously stalling and creating a scene.

but......What's his main objective? That it wasn't him? That the SUV somehow malfunctioned?
What exactly is he attempting to do here? Other than piss of anyone that may have had a shred of doubt on the jury?
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I've watched a few hours of this trial live on Austin Zone. Total shit show, IMO Judge Mommy is letting Brooks get away with too many shenanigans. {would bang her, though}

I think he knows he is screwed, and this trial is the only thing resembling freedom he is going to experience for the rest of his life. He's going to draw it out for as long as possible.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#12]
DARRELL BROOKS Trial Stream. Will he take the stand today??? DAY 13 (as far as I can remember)
DARRELL BROOKS Trial Stream. Will he take the stand today??? DAY 13 (as far as I can remember)

Watch Live: WI v. Darrell Brooks - Waukesha Parade Defendant Trial Day 13
Watch Live: WI v. Darrell Brooks - Waukesha Parade Defendant Trial Day 13

Darrell Brooks trial: Brooks' mother may take stand, defense winds down
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've watched a few hours of this trial live on Austin Zone. Total shit show, IMO Judge Mommy is letting Brooks get away with too many shenanigans. {would bang her, though}

I think he knows he is screwed, and this trial is the only thing resembling freedom he is going to experience for the rest of his life. He's going to draw it out for as long as possible.
View Quote

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Please please please ... testify in your own defense

This will only get better.

I don't feel like I can die happy unless I see him go off on his own bullshit before this case is handed to the jury.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Brooks sent jail ICF to the Judge and "plaintiff". Not received.
Topic Exculpatory evidence he received.
Expert witness, said there were no vehicle recalls.  Brooks says there are due to the throttle bodies getting stuck.

Counts 1-73 should be dismissed.

State, Issue would have cause a CEL to be on, Brake disengages throttle. His vehicle doesn't have this issue.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#16]
LegalVices has already had one hat change. Should be a spicy day!
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Brooks sent jail ICF to the Judge and "plaintiff". Not received.
Topic Exculpatory evidence he received.
Expert witness, said there were no vehicle recalls.  Brooks says there are due to the throttle bodies getting stuck.
View Quote

There are no ACTIVE recalls for the 2010 Ford Escape he was driving.

The recalls/service was related to STALLS, and it did NOT impact the brakes.
All features were working for the drivetrain and no issues were uncovered while it was inspected or during the last service at a dealership or service center.

THERE WERE ZERO UNREPAIRED RECALLS ON THIS MURDER WEAPON.

Judge HAWT just shot down his Brady violation... DENIED!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Any chance that he tries to create a mistrial during his testimony?
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#19]
This is going to go well.

Judge, " I will continue despite your continued Protestations."

Removed to the next court room.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#20]
"He who breaks the law, goes back to the house of pain"

Short pause while he leaves the primary courtroom and ends up in the penalty box.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#21]
What is she needed to go over?
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This is going to go well.

Judge, " I will continue despite your continued Protestations."

Removed to the next court room.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

His right to testify or not testify, have threats or promises been made to him regarding his testimony? ( also ask about his education)

Then tell the Jury it is his right and should has no bearing their deliberations.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do not think he can.  I think he can say whatever he wants and the judge will tell the jury to disregard it.  I don't think the defendant can cause his own mistrial.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

At this point, based on some other input from former prosecutors, the only grounds for a mistrial would be admitted from the Prosecution due to the adverse nature of the Judge providing help from the bench to Brooks.

In order for a mistrial from Brooks to be considered, the fuckwad would need to show evidence or case law that contradicts the Judge's rulings or the evidence presented by the Prosecution during the trial.

That said, the next Judge to evaluate the grounds for a mistrial would review the court proceedings and record... That shitshow would NOT look good for Brooks.

All in all ... he is his own prosecution.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I believe it will be telling him about his right to testify and not to testify.  She will ask if he understands that he does not have to take the stand and if he does so it may expose him to self incrimination.   Usually goes on record before they are allowed to proceed.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I do not think he can.  I think he can say whatever he wants and the judge will tell the jury to disregard it.  I don't think the defendant can cause his own mistrial.
View Quote

Not placing a bet on that with this clown.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Judge, " do you have other witnesses at the court house to call today?"
Brooks, " are we going to cover subject matter jurisdiction?"

You are being muted.  ruling.

Judge, " do you have other witnesses at the court house to call today?"
blah blah blah

Judge, "last chance"

arguing more.

Another Judge, ".. You wanted to call your mom and she would obey you. Are you calling Dawn Wood?"
Second time., third time
Muted again.  headphone thrown.

Judge, Forfeits right to call more witnesses. (except himself)
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

I am actually mildly impressed he has the tome right-side-up vs upside-down
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/109198/brooks_bible_hiding_png-2574336.JPG

I am actually mildly impressed he has the tome right-side-up vs upside-down
View Quote
What a fucking child.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Prosecution is rumored to be ready to file a MISTRIAL regarding any charge from they Jury is rendered as NOT-GUILTY.

Judge Hawt put her thumb/boobies on the scale for Brooks, so ... she fucked up.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:22:33 AM EDT
[#32]
DAMN...I want him to testify!
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Brooks ignoring Judge going through his right to testify.
Attended school to grade 12. Possible GED

Brooks, " Am I unmuted?"
J " Yes"
Brooks, " are we discussion Subject matter Jurisdiction. I don't hear everything you had said"

This isn't even worth recognizing him in this thread.

Brooks  questioning her oath.

Judge, " if he doesn't respond he forfeits his right to testify.
Didn't answer first time.
2nd time.  Arguning.

3 time Brooks, " you can't answer for me."

Judge, " he needs to answer these questions, but we need to maintain decorum."
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Damn... he is not going to testify.
(Judge Hawt is forced to answer "no" on his behalf because he refuses to answer)

Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#35]
No Rekieta stream.   That stinks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:33:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

kinda close.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Schrodinger's testimony. He may be testifying, he may not be testifying, but he refuses to say what he has decided.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Schrodinger's testimony. He may be testifying, he may not be testifying, but he refuses to say what he has decided.
View Quote

Well it’s been decided for him now
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#39]
OK.....now he's arguing again. almost sounds like he wants to testify.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Shambolic trial
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Brooks, " I have a right to remain silent." Yea let's go with that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OK.....now he's arguing again. almost sounds like he wants to testify.
View Quote

He wants to waste time. I’m sure he could have wasted a lot of time if he testified, but it looks like it was shut down by the judge.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Brooks, " I have a right to remain silent." Yea let's go with that.
View Quote

I guess he can sit in the witness box and mean mug the jury for 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#45]
His body language and the way he got really chatty with the bailiff when she was explaining to the jury that the defense rests and the evidentiary phase was over looks like he just realized how much he overplayed his hand. He's starting to realize he is fucked and this clownshow is coming to an end.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:50:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Jury informed the defense case is rested, No rebuttal by the state, evidentiary part of case closed. Jury dismissed for the rest of the day. (no end of day instructions read).

Original ready of the Jury instructions were only about 2 hr 26 minutes taking out interruptions.

Final jury instruction will include lessor charges for each count.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rekieta had a Saturday live stream that was Unbreaded (4:46). I would recommend at least watching the last hour after Branca left.
No Tie Branca - No Holds Barred
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
... He's starting to realize he is fucked and this clownshow is coming to an end.
View Quote

Oh, I think he had that realization last week when he had to present his defense case and the Prosecution didn't bother to cross examine most of his "witnesses".

He spent his time over the weekend wasting it on Ford recalls instead of bringing that up during witness testimony.

This now gets REALLY boring until final statements are presented to the Jury. If he pulls the same stunt and gets sent to the other courtroom, his goose is REALLY cooked.

Someone was saying how the Jury has reacted to the in-courtroom antics he has shown and how he cross examined witnesses as "unsympathetic" and "irritated" looks from jurors.

I would be really curious if he even WANTS to have a second bite at the apple with another trial. The next judge will be much better prepared for his activities.

I see this as a "one and done" trial at this point. Unless the prosecution wants to force a mistrial/appeals because of the incompetence of the judge. But, Prosecution will need to weigh their chances carefully.

I don't see ANY judge wanting to retry this case. The Prosecution is likely to get nearly all counts in their favor anyhow (the ones that matter).

I have ZERO insight into if this will go to a civil trial for any reason. Maybe against his mother for providing the vehicle to Brooks... maybe the insurance company for his mother since the victims can get $$$ from them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Attachment Attached File

There is no issue with audio in the other courtoom.

brooks is just delaying the inevitable ... I have petitioned that the prison rapes be televised on Rumble.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Oh, I think he had that realization last week when he had to present his defense case and the Prosecution didn't bother to cross examine most of his "witnesses".

He spent his time over the weekend wasting it on Ford recalls instead of bringing that up during witness testimony.

This now gets REALLY boring until final statements are presented to the Jury. If he pulls the same stunt and gets sent to the other courtroom, his goose is REALLY cooked.

Someone was saying how the Jury has reacted to the in-courtroom antics he has shown and how he cross examined witnesses as "unsympathetic" and "irritated" looks from jurors.

I would be really curious if he even WANTS to have a second bite at the apple with another trial. The next judge will be much better prepared for his activities.

I see this as a "one and done" trial at this point. Unless the prosecution wants to force a mistrial/appeals because of the incompetence of the judge. But, Prosecution will need to weigh their chances carefully.

I don't see ANY judge wanting to retry this case. The Prosecution is likely to get nearly all counts in their favor anyhow (the ones that matter).

I have ZERO insight into if this will go to a civil trial for any reason. Maybe against his mother for providing the vehicle to Brooks... maybe the insurance company for his mother since the victims can get $$$ from them.
View Quote

I think the judge has done a pretty good job, knowing that Bozo will file an appeal.  I think her conduct and decisions will show she went well out of her way to indulge the defendant and only as he had proven that his strategy was to attack the court and delay the proceeding did the judge to avoid allowing the case to proceed to the jury did she make decisions that would not allow the defendant to engage in delaying tactics to prevent the case from moving forward.

She was probably looking at this trial with the goal of also defending her performance and rulings to the appeals court.

Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top