BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 4:56:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats !!! I have 13 year old twin biys

We have a 17 Honda Pilot and works for us and friends with 3rd row.

4 kids for you though. Our friends drive a honda minivans. They are nice. Personally,  I would get a Tahoe with 4 kids.

Link Posted: 3/3/2022 4:58:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Toyota or Honda.

Don't let anyone talk you into a SUV.  A van is more practical and easier with young kids and older adults as well.  

If our Odyssey didn't get smoked in an accident we'd still be driving it.
View Quote

NOPE. My wife still drives a Yukon XL Denali package because when our children were just born/little, I got her a nice Chevy Suburban with the LS engine in it. She loved it so much she won’t drive anything else. Best thing in the snow….EVER. Her Denali has the 6.2. Nasty horsepower and can be used as a bug out rig because it so badass off-road. Mini vans can’t do that. SUV all day long is my vote.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 5:45:53 AM EDT
[#3]
On our second Odyssey, first on was an 06 and a tree crushed it. If my family was inside they would’ve walked away unharmed so I bought a 2014 Elite or whatever it is.

It’s been rock solid and my wife loves the remote sliding door and rear hatch. Kids love the tv’s it has and highway it’ll get 500 miles out of a tank of gas.

I can also fit 8’ 2x4’s in it with the rear hatch closed. Honestly with multiple kids that can’t open an suv door on their own it’s a lifesaver.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:08:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Same thing happened to me. Twins are now 4. Older kids are 7 and 9.

There is sooooo much you need to know. Beyond just the van choice.

Shoot me a PM after you go buy a Honda Odyssey.

There is no other option for a million reasons.

The middle seats can slide from one side to the other. Or to the middle. It allows your other kids to get in easily with the car seats in the way.

Best and most spacious van available. Great gas mileage. Pleasure to drive. Good visibility. Tons of features you will appreciate.

I suggest getting one with the rear entertainment system. We didn’t. We regret it for road trips.

Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:14:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wife had a Honda Odyssey with our 4 little ones.

Great Vehicle & lasted well north of 200K miles with just basic service.

Plus it actually didn't drive like a mini-van.  I didn't mind driving it.

Plenty of room for 6 + bags in it.

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

+1 for honda ody
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I did a ton of research and we were dead set on a used Honda Odyssey, but saw a Chevy Tahoe next to it. We made the mistake of test driving it and boom, now we have an extra comfortable gas guzzler.
No regrats

Edit: for your needs I would say Honda or Toyota Sienna.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Toyota or Honda.

And Yea, that was me in 2007. My surprise twins will turn 15 this summer.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#8]
These Toyotas are so expensive it's going to be rare to find something that I would call a good value for us to buy, which I know says something about them if demand is that high.

I am really tempted to try the Dodge Caravan for half price and see what happens, even though I've always avoided Chrysler products that aren't Cummins powered
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Honda makes the best all around minivans but Toyota Sienna is the only current AWD minivan in US.  I went with a Sienna and a 3.5" lift from Journeys Off Road.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#10]
3-row SUV
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Idk wtf is different for yours, you cannot stow a baby seat, but you can still access the storage
View Quote

@CavVet
You are correct, I should have clarified, I meant you can’t stow the seats with a base in place. The floor storage is nice, I wish our Odyssey had it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#12]
We had a Toyota Highlander, with two car seats it was just too cramped. Our church gave us a GMC 3500 but it was used, worn out, just a temp solution. Traded in the Toyota and bought a Nissan 3500. Fantastic. Took out the rear seat and have a massive cargo space. Seats worked great with car seats and later with boosters, now the girls are eight and eleven. We can put them in separate rows so they don’t fight. Lol.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My little mazda 5 was decent. Actually sat 6 even though it was small. Got 38mph at 80 to 90 mph all the way out to yellowstone.

Prob be too small for you in a few years with 2 kids constantly using the rear seats.

congrats.
View Quote

We had two mazda 5's,   too bad they don't make them anymore.   Our twins fit just fine even once our third came along.   Great vehicles.  We would own one right now but they were discontinued.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Toyota Sienna Limited and thank me later.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Get the Caravan.  The jap vans aren't worth the price premium.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Get the Caravan.  The jap vans aren't worth the price premium.
View Quote

Maybe, but I’ve owned various Hondas for 20 yers, and can’t recall a single one of them ever letting me down, once.

Oil changes, a battery, wiper blades, and a sepentine belt is all I’ve done to our 2014 Odyssey in 4 years, and the previous records show no major repairs. It’s got 90,000 on it now, mostly around town, so knock on wood it will keep on going. I am going to put a timing belt in it this spring.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Sienna has AWD. Minivans are great when the kids are younger. When you're taking a baby carrier out of a minivan the lower floor really helps. I know my wife wouldn't have been able to lift a baby carrier into a SUV. Shit, I wouldn't want to either. Getting my twin boys in and out of my sienna was tough enough.

My twins are now 4 and my eldest is 11. Now that the twins can get themselves into their seats and buckled up on their own I am looking to get into a SUV. I wouldn't do it any sooner.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ford Flex.
Look for a Limited with the 3.5EB and AWD.
3rd row, lots of torque, and better handling than a minivan.

View Quote

That's what I had with my two boys.  Thing really moved.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top