Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/29/2023 6:09:53 PM EDT
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/nba-marijuana-durant/2023/07/26/id/1128622/

Apparently it's across all pro sports.  I wonder how they pack it across state lines.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#1]
[Deleted]

Let's not go there. <<Striker>>
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Apparently it's across all pro sports.  I wonder how they pack it across state lines.
View Quote

Probably either have local connections or it goes in a van.

Who's pulling over NBA vans?
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s amazing that young people think The Weed is acceptable for getting employment. Clown World.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doordash but for primo drugs?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:18:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It’s amazing that young people think The Weed is acceptable for getting employment. Clown World.
View Quote

It's amazing to me the amount of people that consider themselves pro freedom have such problems with a plant.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:24:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's amazing to me the amount of people that consider themselves pro freedom have such problems with a plant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heroin ftw!
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ask Britany. She probably learned some new tricks in the motherland.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Basically all of the teams have their own team plane or charter. Nobody is going to check their planes for drugs on a domestic flight.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I never involved myself in adult employees' personal habits at home. If they came to work drunk, hungover, or stoned then we had a problem. Had some beers and smoked weed at home, none of my business.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

State lines? LOL!

Does' OP's state have inspectors at the borders inspecting all who enter?
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Must be pot needles everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:03:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

State lines? LOL!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

State lines? LOL!

Nah, my state believes in freedom.  Now if your headed north or south or west, you could run into problems.  But I could see where the other states' laws might not apply to rich sports ball players.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kansas-two-step-highway-patrol-technique-ruled-unconstitutional-for-marijuana-vehicle-searching
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:09:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's amazing to me the amount of people who's lives suck so much that they can't go grocery shopping without getting high.   Or that even when getting paid millions to chase a fucking ball like a dog that can't do it without getting high as fuck.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:16:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's amazing to me the amount of people who's lives suck so much that they can't go grocery shopping without getting high.   Or that even when getting paid millions to chase a fucking ball like a dog that can't do it without getting high as fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m struggling to see why you’d waste the mental energy caring.

Basketball players smoking weed is so low on the “shit that affects my life” scale that I can’t even fathom it.  Same for the dopes who can’t go grocery shopping without getting high, as you do aptly put it.

Guess it takes all kinds.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:20:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh. Wow. That is *big news*

I can't believe that people are ingesting parts of a plant. Mind blowing stuff, man.

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:24:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Fucking druggies, It doesn't surprise me. These idiots failed in life. All they know how to do is run around with other men playing and tossing balls around.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:35:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Once again, aarp15.com rears its head.

Quoted:
Fucking druggies, It doesn't surprise me. These idiots failed in life. All they know how to do is run around with other men playing and tossing balls around.
View Quote

The funny part is, you're probably serious.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:39:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:47:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Probably beats getting addicted to pain killers.  Especially the older guys . Probably lots of injury.

Why is this a problem?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:52:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Honestly, it is acceptable for getting employment.

I used to work with a younger guy who, the minute he was off of work, was getting high.  Some days he was even high at work.  He was a cool dude, and wasn't really widely skilled, but the dude could do some really, really amazing things in Excel.  He started looking around for another job, a company interviewed him and said they wanted to hire him at 75% more than he was making.  They asked him if he could pass a drug test, and he said "I'm going to be honest with you, I smoke a LOT of weed."  They said "Our policy requires it, uh... could you stop smoking for a couple of weeks to pass the drug test?"  This dude said "No, not really."  They said "Well, OK, we'll push the drug test off for a few weeks, do what you can."  The dude never quit smoking weed like his life depended on it, and somehow they just decided to ignore him and not do a drug test.

I also used to know a dude who worked for one of the largest technology companies in the military sector doing some relatively high-level stuff.  The dude would work all day, then come home and smoke weed all night.  Sure, it'll be tough getting a job in certain sectors if you smoke it, but there are a lot of "respectable" sectors where it's really not a big impediment, at least not if you have some desirable skills.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 3:01:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Honestly, it is acceptable for getting employment.

I used to work with a younger guy who, the minute he was off of work, was getting high.  Some days he was even high at work.  He was a cool dude, and wasn't really widely skilled, but the dude could do some really, really amazing things in Excel.  He started looking around for another job, a company interviewed him and said they wanted to hire him at 75% more than he was making.  They asked him if he could pass a drug test, and he said "I'm going to be honest with you, I smoke a LOT of weed."  They said "Our policy requires it, uh... could you stop smoking for a couple of weeks to pass the drug test?"  This dude said "No, not really."  They said "Well, OK, we'll push the drug test off for a few weeks, do what you can."  The dude never quit smoking weed like his life depended on it, and somehow they just decided to ignore him and not do a drug test.

I also used to know a dude who worked for one of the largest technology companies in the military sector doing some relatively high-level stuff.  The dude would work all day, then come home and smoke weed all night.  Sure, it'll be tough getting a job in certain sectors if you smoke it, but there are a lot of "respectable" sectors where it's really not a big impediment, at least not if you have some desirable skills.
View Quote
I've worked with some dopers.  Poor work ethic and social skills.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 3:03:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, you’ve worked with some people that had a poor work ethic and social skills, who happened to smoke weed. Correlation, causation, etc.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 3:13:19 AM EDT
[#28]
It's amazing to me the amount of people who's lives suck so much that they can't go grocery shopping without getting drunk.   Or that even when getting paid millions to chase a fucking ball like a dog that can't do it without getting drunk as fuck.
Ban booze
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 3:21:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Big boomer energy in this thread.

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 4:44:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 5:52:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like heroin?  Cocaine?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 5:55:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No, you’ve worked with some people that had a poor work ethic and social skills, who happened to smoke weed. Correlation, causation, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. People that smoke dope are typically lazy, worthless pieces of shit that make poor decisions.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:06:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Like heroin?  Cocaine?
View Quote

Sure, why not?

You think making those illegal stops an addict from getting them?

Its a waste of time and energy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:08:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Agreed. People that smoke dope are typically lazy, worthless pieces of shit that make poor decisions.
View Quote

I know so many endurance athletes that smoke non stop.

One guy is actually Olympic level and they have written articles about his use of edibles while training.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I never involved myself in adult employees' personal habits at home. If they came to work drunk, hungover, or stoned then we had a problem. Had some beers and smoked weed at home, none of my business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well your employees must not have CDL’s or work with heavy equipment or handle any types of dangerous equipment.

I saw two accidents this week that did a lot of damage. Together they took out five utility poles one transformer bank and one bucket truck and I would be willing to bet after they drug test all involved they will find that there were drugs involved.
Not that people don’t fuck up without being on drugs but fuck ups who do drugs fuck up more.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:17:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This. Must be pot needles everywhere.
View Quote

I heard they will blow your tires out and make your car flip over
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:20:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:34:46 AM EDT
[#38]
As I recall, the NBA player's union has a carve out for weed in drug testing.

If they were to do a drug test for weed among the player's there would be no league.

Just remember, not all cultures are the same.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:38:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Probably beats getting addicted to pain killers.  Especially the older guys . Probably lots of injury.

Why is this a problem?
View Quote

Most of the time when someone (smart people) ask a question, they already know the answer.

Same here.

It's not a problem.  And you and I know it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:41:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:48:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Like heroin?  Cocaine?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like heroin?  Cocaine?

You'd happily consume some variation of them if a guy in a white coat wrote you a script.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:49:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You'd happily consume some variation of them if a guy in a white coat wrote you a script.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like heroin?  Cocaine?

yeah, that’s exactly the same thing, lol.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Nah, my state believes in freedom.  Now if your headed north or south or west, you could run into problems.  But I could see where the other states' laws might not apply to rich sports ball players.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kansas-two-step-highway-patrol-technique-ruled-unconstitutional-for-marijuana-vehicle-searching
View Quote

Based on that criteria my state is at the forefront of freedom.

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#44]
They do all sorts of shit I don't do. Yay for them, I guess.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:51:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

One guy is actually Olympic level and they have written articles about his use of edibles while training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wonderful.  I can tell you that there are many more that don’t.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:52:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Sure, why not?

It’s a waste of time and energy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like heroin?  Cocaine?

Sure, why not?

It’s a waste of time and energy.

Fewer people do.   Portland is a great example.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
As I recall, the NBA player's union has a carve out for weed in drug testing.

If they were to do a drug test for weed among the player's there would be no league.

Just remember, not all cultures are the same.
View Quote

The NHL is very lax in testing.  I don't have any first hand knowledge, but I have friends of friends who are still tight with players from their college days.  There's plenty of guys who enjoy the cocaine.

There's stories out there from former players also.  A guy I know was the top scorer in the NHL.  Not going to name names or the decade he played in, but he lives a mile from me and he doesn't have the tens of millions of dollars he made anymore from said substance.  He's doing well now though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've always said this....people are weak and rely on crutches in life
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:13:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

A bit profane......but otherwise point well stated.
There are certainly some alcoholics that stay buzzed all day but they would be in the small minority.
MANY pothead's can't or don't go through every day life without getting loaded.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:23:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ban pot
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top