Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#1]
In the last year, I have been to NY, Atlanta, Seattle and last week was in DC. Stinky weed was everywhere in all 4 cities. Full disclosure, I've never smoked weed or done drugs. Ever. Been drunk in high school and college many times. Thrown up plenty too. Last time that I was passed out drunk was my bachelor party a little over 32 years ago. I'm no prude. Live and let live as long as it goes both ways.

Marijuana is EVERYWHERE. That genie is very much NOT going back into that bottle. It is part of what is destroying this country.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:33:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yeah, that’s exactly the same thing, lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s amazing that young people think The Weed is acceptable for getting employment. Clown World.

It's amazing to me the amount of people that consider themselves pro freedom have such problems with a plant.

Like heroin?  Cocaine?

You'd happily consume some variation of them if a guy in a white coat wrote you a script.
yeah, that’s exactly the same thing, lol.

So it is not the act of consuming but where it comes from that is the deciding factor?

How many people get on hard drugs after getting addicted to them via Rx drugs?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It’s amazing that young people think The Weed is acceptable for getting employment. Clown World.
View Quote

This is a quality post
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As I recall, the NBA player's union has a carve out for weed in drug testing.

If they were to do a drug test for weed among the player's there would be no league.

Just remember, not all cultures are the same.
View Quote
I wonder how many would be able to stop if there was real drug testing. There were guys like Ricky Williams in the NFL who just couldn't quit, no matter the consequences or financial hit.

ETA - apparently he is now a "weed entrepreneur". I didn't bother to read the article, so I can't quite say what that is, but it seems he has turned it into a profession.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Jujst my anecdotal observation. Myn friends that took up weed since it became legal have gotten kind of weird. Like more argumentive and like they don't give a shit what they say
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In the last year, I have been to NY, Atlanta, Seattle and last week was in DC. Stinky weed was everywhere in all 4 cities. Full disclosure, I've never smoked weed or done drugs. Ever. Been drunk in high school and college many times. Thrown up plenty too. Last time that I was passed out drunk was my bachelor party a little over 32 years ago. I'm no prude. Live and let live as long as it goes both ways.

Marijuana is EVERYWHERE. That genie is very much NOT going back into that bottle. It is part of what is destroying this country.
View Quote

Marijuana is not what is destroying our country, it is making it tolerable to live in.  Boomer politicians are destroying our country.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Marijuana is not what is destroying our country, it is making it tolerable to live in.  Boomer politicians are destroying our country.
View Quote

I want some of what Mitch has been smoking.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Boomers will love this one from Bill Hicks
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:48:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Jujst my anecdotal observation. Myn friends that took up weed since it became legal have gotten kind of weird. Like more argumentive and like they don't give a shit what they say
View Quote
Maybe they're just getting old? I'm also tired of sugar coating things for people, and I don't particularly give a shit if what I say offends someone nowadays, either.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well your employees must not have CDL’s or work with heavy equipment or handle any types of dangerous equipment.

I saw two accidents this week that did a lot of damage. Together they took out five utility poles one transformer bank and one bucket truck and I would be willing to bet after they drug test all involved they will find that there were drugs involved.
Not that people don’t fuck up without being on drugs but fuck ups who do drugs fuck up more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never involved myself in adult employees' personal habits at home. If they came to work drunk, hungover, or stoned then we had a problem. Had some beers and smoked weed at home, none of my business.

Well your employees must not have CDL’s or work with heavy equipment or handle any types of dangerous equipment.

I saw two accidents this week that did a lot of damage. Together they took out five utility poles one transformer bank and one bucket truck and I would be willing to bet after they drug test all involved they will find that there were drugs involved.
Not that people don’t fuck up without being on drugs but fuck ups who do drugs fuck up more.

No CDL's, all heavy equipment, and a screwdriver is "dangerous equipment in the wrong hands". 29 years in business, no injuries.

Like I said. {"If they came to work drunk, hungover, or stoned then we had a problem. Had some beers and smoked weed at home, none of my business"}

If your employee drank 3 beers at 7PM after work, and then wrecked a company truck at 4PM the next day would you say alcohol was responsible for the accident?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Honestly, it is acceptable for getting employment.

I used to work with a younger guy who, the minute he was off of work, was getting high.  Some days he was even high at work.  He was a cool dude, and wasn't really widely skilled, but the dude could do some really, really amazing things in Excel.  He started looking around for another job, a company interviewed him and said they wanted to hire him at 75% more than he was making.  They asked him if he could pass a drug test, and he said "I'm going to be honest with you, I smoke a LOT of weed."  They said "Our policy requires it, uh... could you stop smoking for a couple of weeks to pass the drug test?"  This dude said "No, not really."  They said "Well, OK, we'll push the drug test off for a few weeks, do what you can."  The dude never quit smoking weed like his life depended on it, and somehow they just decided to ignore him and not do a drug test.

I also used to know a dude who worked for one of the largest technology companies in the military sector doing some relatively high-level stuff.  The dude would work all day, then come home and smoke weed all night.  Sure, it'll be tough getting a job in certain sectors if you smoke it, but there are a lot of "respectable" sectors where it's really not a big impediment, at least not if you have some desirable skills.
View Quote
This is all true in my experience. I have spent the majority of my professional career working in the outdoors recreation equipment industry. There are tons of engineers, apparel designers, and office staff that routinely smoke weed in that world. For the most part, they have been hard working and competent coworkers. Who cares if they want to toke up in their free time?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:55:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No, you’ve worked with some people that had a poor work ethic and social skills, who happened to smoke weed. Correlation, causation, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've worked with some dopers.  Poor work ethic and social skills.

No, you’ve worked with some people that had a poor work ethic and social skills, who happened to smoke weed. Correlation, causation, etc.

I know way too many successful people who smoke some weed to buy into this bullshit. And no, they don't advertise their personal lives so most would have no idea of what they do in their free time away from work.

ETA: I find it odd how many posters seem to be able to distinguish the difference between an average guy having a few beers after work and a drunken alcoholic, but if you replace "a few beers" with smoking a bowl the person is suddenly a worthless drug addict who is a danger to society and will kill everyone at work because he is a "druggie".  
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Maybe they're just getting old? I'm also tired of sugar coating things for people, and I don't particularly give a shit if what I say offends someone nowadays, either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, there is a certain decorum for work. ITs not a matter of offending people, God knows everyone is offended at the drop of a hat. They're just different. Tempers are shorter. Maybe the stress of life
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I wonder how much weed Michael Jordan consumed?

Does Kevin Durant mean weed is prevalent among all races?
Because I gotta tell ya, I don’t know many black guys that are wine connoisseur‘s
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I know way too many successful people who smoke some weed to buy into this bullshit. And no, they don't advertise their personal lives so most would have no idea of what they do in their free time away from work.

ETA: I find it odd how many posters seem to be able to distinguish the difference between an average guy having a few beers after work and a drunken alcoholic, but if you replace "a few beers" with smoking a bowl the person is suddenly a worthless drug addict who is a danger to society and will kill everyone at work because he is a "druggie".  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've worked with some dopers.  Poor work ethic and social skills.

I agree.  I know more than a few successful people who choose to unwind with a joint instead of a beer.  According to arfcom they're losers.

But that's arfcom.  GD is full of self-righteous people.  But reading between the lines, they don't get out much, don't interact with people often.  That's why making blanket generalizations is common amongst them, they have no real frame of reference.

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Booze is a hell of a lot worse than weed. If alcohol were invented today it would be illegal.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's amazing to me the amount of people who's lives suck so much that they can't go grocery shopping without getting high.   Or that even when getting paid millions to chase a fucking ball like a dog that can't do it without getting high as fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's amazing to me the amount of people that consider themselves pro freedom have such problems with a plant.
It's amazing to me the amount of people who's lives suck so much that they can't go grocery shopping without getting high.   Or that even when getting paid millions to chase a fucking ball like a dog that can't do it without getting high as fuck.

It’s amazing to me that people don’t understand the difference between being intoxicated 24/7 and being a responsible adult having a little fun on a Saturday night.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#19]
They want everyone high, drunk, submissive and compliant.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 9:04:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not?  I have not be drug tested in over 15 year, I know a ton of people that smoke. So fucking what.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm not all about the "ok boomer" thing but holy shit some of you are insufferable.  

How do they get weed "across state lines"??  What the fuck?  You go to the store (or send an assistant) and buy it.  You think the only place to get weed is by meeting a guy in a trenchcoat in a dark alley?

The "is your life so bad?" thing is stupid too.  Why do you do any of your hobbies?  Because they're fun and you enjoy them.  If someone enjoys spending their free time by getting high and wandering around Walmart, knock your socks off.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#22]
It's no great surprise that black dudes like to smoke weed.  Where the fuck have you guys been?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Marijuana laws are all leftover Jim Crow Laws , laws enacted to impose racial segregation against blacks

Blacks dominate the NBA

why is this such a big surprise to a bunch of white, middle age, predominantly male, overweight alcoholics?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Good for them.  We should ignore the laws of an illegitimate government. Especially ones that try to ban a fucking plant.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Boomersayswhat?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Genesis 2:16
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#27]
I dont want someone drinking a shit ton of wine and

driving
murderinng
raping
robbing a bank

etc.

I don't want some who uses marijuana doing any of that stuff either.

and other than driving I don't want a sober person to do those things.

I don't drink but once or twice a year.
I don't use marijuana.

i don't care if other people do.

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Marijuana laws are all leftover Jim Crow Laws , laws enacted to impose racial segregation against blacks

Blacks dominate the NBA

why is this such a big surprise to a bunch of white, middle age, predominantly male, overweight alcoholics?
View Quote

They're worried some marijuanad up black is going to seduce their women to jazz clubs and rape them
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#29]
By the way, it's called cannabis. Marijuana is the made up spooky term to scare people
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#30]
So smoking a weed is acceptable to arfcom, but smoking a plant is not.

It is amazing to see people on here bad mouth tobacco smokers and talk about how they stink and have poor life choices, but in the same breath talk about how awesome smoking weed is and that it is nobody's business what anyone does.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

And no I don't smoke.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
By the way, it's called cannabis. Marijuana is the made up spooky term to scare people
View Quote

Littering and...
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It is amazing to see people on here bad mouth tobacco smokers and talk about how they stink and have poor life choices, but in the same breath talk about how awesome smoking weed is and that it is nobody's business what anyone does.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

And no I don't smoke.
View Quote

I'm pro tobacco but I'm far from your average arfcomer
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#33]
was that spelled "marijuana", or "marihuana"
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Littering and...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Littering and...

Smoking the reefer
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They're worried some marijuanad up black is going to seduce their women to jazz clubs and rape them
View Quote

Where The White Women At? - Blazing Saddles
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Im sure there is weed smoking as preparation for rioting and smash/grab, its a cultural thing that is becoming accepted, its part of reparations
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Im sure there is weed smoking as preparation for rioting and smash/grab, its a cultural thing that is becoming accepted, its part of reparations
View Quote

Yes because only gangster thugs smoke weed or wannabe gangster thugs. There definitely isn't millions of old white people who smoke for medical and recreational purposes
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I wonder how many would be able to stop if there was real drug testing. There were guys like Ricky Williams in the NFL who just couldn't quit, no matter the consequences or financial hit.

ETA - apparently he is now a "weed entrepreneur". I didn't bother to read the article, so I can't quite say what that is, but it seems he has turned it into a profession.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they were to do a drug test for weed among the player's there would be no league.

"Weed Entrepreneur" ...

Someone once said ..

If you LOVE what You do, You'll never work a day in Your life.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

"Weed Entrepreneur" ...

Someone once said ..

Bigger_Hammer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Weed Entrepreneur" ...

Someone once said ..

Bigger_Hammer

They invest in companies which make edibles, vape carts, concentrates and sell them at dispensaries nationwide. A lot of ex sports guys do it. Mike Tyson is a big one
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

But wouldn't the weed make them too lazy to riot and loot, and instead they would stay home eating Taco Bell and playing video games?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 12:14:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hypocrisy at its finest.

And no I don't smoke.
View Quote

Get both, I love smoking my pipe in the evening and watching the sun go down. Bayou Nights is good shit.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They invest in companies which make edibles, vape carts, concentrates and sell them at dispensaries nationwide. A lot of ex sports guys do it. Mike Tyson is a big one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Weed Entrepreneur" ...

Someone once said ..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/350291/DA45E76A-EC3A-4D60-A59C-49F4A88AC6D4-2547057.gif

Bigger_Hammer

I know what they are & do.

Just great that their passion in life lines up with a way to make a living.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I wonder how much weed Michael Jordan consumed?

Does Kevin Durant mean weed is prevalent among all races?
Because I gotta tell ya, I don’t know many black guys that are wine connoisseur‘s
View Quote

Funny you mentioning that...:  "The NBA's Secret Wine Society."

Dwayne Wade has his own label now.  As does Gregg Popavich, (part-owner of A to Z Wineworks.).  Lots of disposable income, free time, a hobby with cachet among other wealthy people:  it's not that surprising some NBA people have picked up the hobby.

I would have thought weed, as it's normally used, would screw with NBAer's aerobic capacity, in a sport that puts heavy demands on such.  Guess not.

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Y'all would be amazed at how many newborns test positive for THC these days. It's sad how many mothers don't give up their habits for the sake of a child. MJ use is rampant throughout society, so it being prevalent in the NBA isn't surprising.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#46]
We need a weed forum.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They want everyone high, drunk, submissive and compliant.

Thank you for your cooperation.

View Quote

You should watch:

"They Cloned Tyrone"
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#48]
https://www.greenstate.com/lifestyle/celebrities/former-warriors-coach-don-nelson-reveals-his-hawaiian-marijuana-farm/

Don Nelson lives near Willie in Hawaii. They had a tv news special on his Hawaii home and "garden" a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyf7Q6VLkhQ
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
We need a weed forum.
View Quote

I volunteer to mod, and nominate kcolg30, too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Basically all of the teams have their own team plane or charter. Nobody is going to check their planes for drugs on a domestic flight.
View Quote

Absolutely this.  They drive up on the tarmac and get in their charter/private plane.   That is the real benefit of flying private you don't have to even step foot into the airport.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top