Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:47:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Small town police. Lol. That was probably the most exciting night of their career.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lol, I can't believe that idiot drove into the woods and then got out and tried to chase them on foot. Respect my authoritah!
View Quote
Did really think he could fast enough to catch them?

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:49:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well shouldn't someone die over joy ridding through a field?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS

They had a roll cage.  He should have PITTED them big time.
Briliant.  
Well shouldn't someone die over joy ridding through a field?
They were breaking the law and trying to kill cops!!!

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:52:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was half expecting them to be seen zooming by the cop car while the cops were still in the woods.

Wtf did the cops think they were going to do? Run them down in the woods on foot when they couldn't even do it in the car?;?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would have been better if the kids could have doubled back and stolen the cop car.
I was half expecting them to be seen zooming by the cop car while the cops were still in the woods.

Wtf did the cops think they were going to do? Run them down in the woods on foot when they couldn't even do it in the car?;?
I think it would have been better to just circle back to the cop car, pull the keys, lock the doors and then scoot.

You know Deputy Dog would catch hell over that.

I'm from a small town.  That was both familiar and refreshing...
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had a dirt bike when I was young and taunted cops. They gave chase, I hit woods, they couldn't drive a car in the woods.  It was fun.
View Quote
When I was younger, a statie saw me on my way to ride my quad on some stateland. I rode on the streets to get there, but it was only a mile or two, so I never had any issues. He saw me stopped on the shoulder at an intersection and was waiting. So I waited for a break in traffic and gunned it toward the statelands I was already heading to. He gave chase, but it didn't last long, since I crossed a rocky creek and went into the woods. I ended up finding a tunnel under the highway that led back close to my neighborhood. There was a fence on the neighborhood side of the tunnel, but it was cut (found out later that a guy who lived right near it had cut it open to get his quad through and up into the woods). Made it home safe. Ah, to be young again.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:02:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

THIS

View Quote
Really? And why is that exactly?

What did they even do to start the chase in the first place? I'm guessing nothing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:03:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Funniest one I've ever seen...

cop car catches fire after chasing 4X4
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:08:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
THIS

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bumper bars, should have used them.  
THIS

Would have been great to see a kid get his head smashed by the roll bar huh.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:12:19 AM EDT
[#9]
These threads serve a useful purpose in GD.

They point out both the guys you could sit down and enjoy a drink with, and also those who stood alone by the punch table at the back school dance.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:26:12 AM EDT
[#10]
When I was a younger college type dude, was way into MX bikes, had a 390 Husky.  I was riding it on what I thought was a bunch of dirt trails and roads south of town that I could get to from my apartment.  One of these was pretty wide, very straight, and I used to really air that thing out down thru there, in sixth gear, with the big sprocket on the front, it would go close to 100 mph.

So, like Arlo Guthrie one day, I am hauling ass down the straight dirt road, checking a re-jetted carb out, when a Harris County sheriff deputy car, two deputies per, came on the road from the other end, hauled ass up to me and threw a cross block on the road.  I clutched it up and skidded sideways, feet up on pegs to them, their lights flashing etc, they jump out and start hollering at me.

Didn't I know this was County Rd XXXX?
Did I know how fast I was going?
DO YOU KNOW THE SPEED LIMIT ON THIS HERE ROAD, BOY?????

Being the intelligent smart ass kid I was, I didn't say anything, just let them sputter out like a wet sparkler.

After their collective blood pressure was down, I did answer their questions.

1.There are no road markers on this here dirt road sir,
2. Yes I did, almost 100 mph sir,
3. No sir, I cannot ascertain the correct speed limit, as there are no posted signs, nor is the road marked as private, so I couldn't be trespassing either, especially as it apparently is a county road.

This overwhelming display of logic, thoroughly bum fuzzled the county's finest, and a bit short of what they could cite me for, one of them said, "well you can't ride that bike home on the road, you're going to have to push it home.  It Ain't Street Legal son, what with that racing number plate on it and all, no lights etc."

SO, I said, yep, you're right.  Kick started that bad boy, dropped it into gear, thru the ditch, across the prairie yippie kai yeah!  Went to the drainage ditch, ran it to the back of a subdivision, thru that, straight to my apartment garage.

Lost a pretty good spot to ride, changed my number on my race plates, and moved back to school in a couple months anyway.  But sure felt good driving off, and followed their instructions perfectly too!

Still not sure why they was wasting their time trying to catch one kid on a dirt bike, not hurting anything, what with real criminals to catch and all.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:38:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Note to self, when the Po-Po is after your ass, don't play in his playground, hit the dirt.
View Quote
Never allow your enemy to choose the terrain.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:09:14 AM EDT
[#12]
For some reason riding a off road vehicle is one sure way to piss off the cops to no end. Had one come after me on my dirt bike like I was a murderer or something. Before I could do anything the cop ran his car violently into a ditch and got stuck. He exited the smoking heap in a violent rage and incoherently screamed some command to stop, or something.

I calmly put it in gear and left. I swear I can still hear him screaming.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:14:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Those “kids” posed a serious risk to others on the road. What if they had t-boned a car at one of the stop signs they ran, just kids out on a joyride then? Wreckless endangerment comes to mind. Pit maneuver would’ve been justified. Stupid games, stupid prizes...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In B4 the "fuck those kids" crowd.

The ones who gonna say they would still be alive if they had just listened to the police commands...

EDIT: Too late...see 5 posts above me. The morons have arrived...
Those “kids” posed a serious risk to others on the road. What if they had t-boned a car at one of the stop signs they ran, just kids out on a joyride then? Wreckless endangerment comes to mind. Pit maneuver would’ve been justified. Stupid games, stupid prizes...
And flipping the quad and potentially killing a couple of people would be justifed because of a what if? That is ungodly fucking stupid and I hope you are never in a possition of authority to make a decision like that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:37:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Or why it isn't a good idea to buy old patrol cars....
View Quote
This, I saw the video earlier today and wondered what the grave offence was that the officer decided to wail on the taxpayers cruiser to apprehend them.  Not sure given the outcome if I hope he had just cause or not since they got away.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:39:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
lol, I can't believe that idiot drove into the woods and then got out and tried to chase them on foot. Respect my authoritah!
View Quote
dont forget threatening to shoot them.........
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:49:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Reminds me of my younger years.  

Most of the cops in the small town I was in knew well who they were chasing.  I have had them pull me aside a day or two later and give me the "you don't think I know that was you?  You had better hope I don't catch you!" speech.

Until a newb deputy rammed my buddy on his Honda 250R,  How my buddy kept that thing upright and kept going I will never know. It was just a night of goofing around and he ran from the rookie and took him through an alley and doubled back on the street,  The deputy hit him square broadside with a solid bump sliding that 250 sideways and up on two wheels at probably 60 MPH.  He righted it and kept going,  I errm,  went the other way outta town and met up with my buddy later.

Upon speaking with a friend who was also a deputy during a drinking session,  I learned the other deputies were none too nice to rookie about that.

Our kids will never experience that nowadays.  Everything is so damn serious now.

I was rooting for the kids in that video.  LOL
View Quote
I had a similar experience, heading home one moonlit night running dark on a 2 lane blacktop, I hooked a left on the last 2 mile stretch of blacktop on the way home at a high rate of speed, unknowingly right in front of a sheriff's deputy.  He caught up to me the next day at the gas station next to that corner and gave me both barrels with the caveat that if I kept it under 80 he would leave me alone.  Helluva nice guy that in the end kept his word on that as well.    Nothing like a 68 Lesabre with IRCC 2.56 gears, it was like a really fast aircraft carrier...........
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:55:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had a similar experience, heading home one moonlit night running dark on a 2 lane blacktop, I hooked a left on the last 2 mile stretch of blacktop on the way home at a high rate of speed, unknowingly right in front of a sheriff's deputy.  He caught up to me the next day at the gas station next to that corner and gave me both barrels with the caveat that if I kept it under 80 he would leave me alone.  Helluva nice guy that in the end kept his word on that as well.    Nothing like a 68 Lesabre with IRCC 2.56 gears, it was like a really fast aircraft carrier...........
View Quote
I'm surprised it could get out of its own way with gears that deep.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:05:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm surprised it could get out of its own way with gears that deep.
View Quote
It was all good once you got over 60
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:58:48 AM EDT
[#19]
If the title of the video was “police chase school shooters into woods”, probably wouldn’t have questioned it.

That was a pursuit over kids joy riding in the night when everyone is home and off the road?

America is slipping, slipping,,,

That’s a shame, two “officers”.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:09:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There's always one.
View Quote
Well more if you read
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:10:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And risk hurting/killing two kids that were out for a joy ride?

Sounds like LE in that area needs some serious de-funding and scaling down if that's the biggest issue the town faces. Seems they are a burden on the tax payers more than anything else.
View Quote
Not my kids not my problem, The video would have been more entertaining.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:11:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lol. Let me guess, you live in a city?
View Quote
Fuck no, far from it
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And flipping the quad and potentially killing a couple of people would be justifed because of a what if? That is ungodly fucking stupid and I hope you are never in a possition of authority to make a decision like that.
View Quote
I’d bet your tune would change had they killed an innocent bystander. I was young and dumb and lived in the country, there’s a line you cross and can’t come back from. This all could have gone very different.

Potential outcome vs. what happened, not wishing death on kids, fuck’s sake...
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:34:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Would have been better if the kids could have doubled back and stolen the cop car.
View Quote
I thought they would go back and steal the shotgun out of the car.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:46:00 AM EDT
[#25]
In the late 70s early 80s we were riding ATC90s later upgrading to 200Xs, even on the 90s with no suspension we would have lost a squad car in about 30 seconds. We rode the roads all the time to get to the store or other trails all the time. Never had a cop chase us but we did see a few, we'd immediately hit the trail or ditch, either they didn't give a fuck or knew better than to try to follow.

It is surprising a kid that knows the area took so long to find some rough or tight terrain, didn't give a shit maybe.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is that PA because it sure reminds me of PA. Off to check the description...
View Quote
Grew up I'm SW people, My first thought was there is no way on Earth that's Pa because no where in PA is that flat and the ground that hard.
Cop car off the pavement or dirt road would last about 20 seconds in PA...
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That was funny. The kids were toying with him because they could have hit the woods at any time. My old RZR 800 could break 55 MPH, not sure how fast the newer 1000's go.
View Quote
I've gone 70 in one with the whatever the fuck crazy ass suspension, across bowling ball sized rocks in Alaska.  While fun, my ass was clenched so tight you couldn't have pulled a sewing needle out of it with a tractor.  They get really, really squirrely.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I had a dirt bike when I was young and taunted cops. They gave chase, I hit woods, they couldn't drive a car in the woods.  It was fun.
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:49:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#31]
"I'm gonna shoot you!"
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And risk hurting/killing two kids that were out for a joy ride?

Sounds like LE in that area needs some serious de-funding and scaling down if that's the biggest issue the town faces. Seems they are a burden on the tax payers more than anything else.
View Quote
The methbillies around here use them to transport drugs and stolen goods, and to break in cars and houses.

There are woods everywhere here with trails and the river as well. They cut through the woods and when they get close to houses they'll cut them off and walk up and break in. Then they run and get back on the 4 wheelers and haul ass. There are areas where they have to cross the road and stay on it for a bit in town, and the police will chase them. There's a group of 4 of them with 6 guys and two girls that are the core group.

They ride stolen ones and they steal 4 wheelers from people's yards. None of these people own property or a home, but they have around 6 houses out in the country here that they will crash. They've been doing it now for over a year and a half and they hsven't been caught, but everyone knows exactly who they are.

I wish they'd wreck those bastards and run over them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Would have been great to see a kid get his head smashed by the roll bar huh.
View Quote
One of the worst survivable head injuries I have seen was on a UTV with a roll cage.

Guy was so fuked up, I remember thinking this guy has all the indicators of being majorly fuked up.

This whole video I was thinking please dont pit those kids!
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:05:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL.

They were just out for some good, clean fun. Glad they didn't do that, however.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#35]
I know a kid that outran/maneuvered the county Sheriff on a 1985 Honda 350x three wheeler.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
THIS

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bumper bars, should have used them.  
THIS

Fuck, he should have just shot them, amiright?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#37]
At least the RZR guys went home that night.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
"I'm gonna shoot you!"
View Quote
When I was younger we had a cop yell that at us.  My punk friend yelled back (from the woods) "you're not the only one with a gun, dumb fuck!"  Silence ensued.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Another one...
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Unless the RZR was knowingly stolen or something, that was completely unnecessary.

If catching them was so imperative, maybe instead of just having one car in the area they could have a few cars without lights posted around the neighborhood and simply watch to see where they go. They're probably not going far.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#41]
What an idiot, he fucking destroyed that police cruiser.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Chasing a couple helmetless kids on and off road and in a vehicle not equipped with airbags.  What could possibly go wrong?
View Quote
Yep.  It was obviously very important to that jacked up cop.

Kids being kids and hurting nobody and he's risking damage to taxpayer owned equipment and risking the kids' lives.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yeah, sort of dumb to chase kids on a joyride.  If you can get them to stop within a few miles, great.  If not, pitting them and possibly killing them for a joyride is just stupid.
View Quote
You can bet that if the officers were waiting around for these kids and gave chase because these kids are running, they're probably the source of persistent complaints in the area.
Now maybe you guys think that LEOs should just ignore such quality of life complaints because you guys had your kicks in your youth and fondly recall running from your own local police.
If I was the parent of these kids I'd be yanking their wheels right out from under them because its irresponsible behavior.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:01:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Now that would've been legendary!    
View Quote
No, that would have been real criminal charges at that point
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#46]
why they bother to chase atv's, dirt bikes, utv's etc blows my mind.  i cant tell you how many times they tried to stop me as a kid.

the fuck, you on crack? lol
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Just two good ol' boys....
View Quote
It looked to me as if the passenger was a girl.  That, or a long-haired redneck.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#48]
"That was some real good driving Farva, but you cost the taxpayers at least a couple hundred grand on your joyride last night.  Next time just let the kids go, OK?"
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol same here
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#50]
On a paved road the car wins.

Off the road the quad wins.

The kids were smart enough to figure that out.  The cop, not so much.  If he worked for me I'd write his ass up for endangering himself and department property by chasing an off road vehicle off road.

Riding at night is dangerous.  Nothing looks the same as daylight.  It's harder to see limbs/rocks, etc. you or the bike might hit.

I would not attempt to run off from a car on Honda 350X.  But in the woods, or on a gravel road, a car/SUV wouldn't have a chance of keeping up with that big 4 stroke.

You can frustrate the cops without running from them.  We walked out of local store one day, after a long ride we stopped to by a couple cokes, to our 3 wheelers parked in the parking lot.  We were standing there drinking when the store owner hollered out the door to my brother-in-law that he had a phone call?  A phone call?  Who the hell knew we were in the store?  He got up, went inside, came outside, sat on the bench and waved at the gas station across the street.  I walked over to see what was going on and he pointed at the big Nicholas County Bank sign on the bank next to the parking lot.  Behind it was the town cop/car.  It wasn't there when we came through Doc. Todd's parking lot.

We sat there talking and he told the phone call was from the guys at the gas station across the street.  They'd heard the town cop bragging about busting people on 3 wheelers (4 wheelers were pretty rare about 1983/84) he caught riding in town and when he came through, saw the 3 wheelers in the parking lot he'd turned sharply and pulled in behind the big sign to "hide".  My BIL told me he'd called his wife to bring his truck down and we'd wait on her.  Next thing I know my BIL is leaning over, to make sure the cop can see him, and grinning a big grin he waves at the cop.  The cop just sits there, like he's hiding, or like he knows we have to ride out sooner or later.

In a few minutes his wife shows up with the PU and he drops the tail gate and we pick the Kawasaki's up and put them in the back of the short bed Chevy PU, get in and he starts the truck.  The town cop smokes the tires pulling out of the doctor's office parking lot and screams on down the road towards Nettie.  We drove home.

Oh, try picking up a modern 4 wheeler with 2 people and putting two of them in the bed of a short bed truck.

I was only in the position, once, of running from a cop on the 3 wheeler.  We were on our way home, after another long ride (is there any other kind) and it was pouring the rain down.  We were hauling ass down a narrow paved country road over near Grassy Creek and suddenly my BIL was right next to me.  I had no idea why he hadn't stayed behind me till he hollers out, "Did you see that car that just went by?"  "Nope," I shouted at him.  He points over his shoulder and yells, "It's a country deputy sheriff and he hit the brakes and turned on the lights."  About that time the turn off came up and we hit he brakes, made a sharp right turn and hauled ass up a dirt road past some houses towards the mountain.  We forded the creek, hit the old road coming off the mountain and nailed the gas again.  We didn't stop till we got to the top.  No sigh of the police car by then.

One funny thing, a series of short rock ledges ran across the road every little bit as we got near the top of the road.  On the last one I happened to look back as I made the turn to head up to the next paved road.  I saw my brother in law going off the road (in that turn) on the back wheels.  I waited, he came out of the woods with a big grin on his face.  He said he hit that last rock ledge too fast, the front wheel came up, the back tires got more traction when the weight shifted and he couldn't get the front wheel on the ground before he went off the road.

We road on home at a normal pace (we were just crossing that second paved road, not riding along it to another dirt road/trail) and never saw the deputy again (on that trip).

The good old days.  We sure had a lot of fun.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top