User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bumper bars, should have used them.
View Quote
He had a gun too, he definitely should have unloaded on them, they clearly didn't respect his authoritah.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm sure we've talked about it before.  Oh well.  But here's a video of small town cops lying in wait and ambushing a couple kids on a RZR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dypivSnPYuU
View Quote
LMAO at Officer Farva chasing them on foot.

Kids need a switch to turn off all the lights and then flip down the WP Binos.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You can bet that if the officers were waiting around for these kids and gave chase because these kids are running, they're probably the source of persistent complaints in the area.
Now maybe you guys think that LEOs should just ignore such quality of life complaints because you guys had your kicks in your youth and fondly recall running from your own local police.
If I was the parent of these kids I'd be yanking their wheels right out from under them because its irresponsible behavior.
View Quote
You might be right.. They might be the source of complaints.  From prudes and nosey nancies.

In the little shit town I lived in in my youth.  Those nosey nancies would constantly call the cops on anyone they deemed up to no good.  Be it, Riding the atv up to the grocery store,  out of town,  to work or anywhere else.  And this was all perfectly legal mind you.  Oh fuck!  God forbid you toodled out of town on a dirt bike or a snowmobile.  Those bitches will go in a full on melt down calling everyone but the cia.

Which in a lot of cases leads the kids to say Fuck it.  If I am constantly dogged and harassed doing things legally then I'm going to do it my way.

But.  I'm glad you can tell that they are up to no good in that short clip up to the point that they ran from the cop.

If you haven't noticed or lived in a small town before.  There is a lot of nepotism in the law enforcement.  If your family owns a business and sonny is caught drinking and raising hell.  The local yokel will call mommy from the station and tell them to pick up sonny.  That's it...

If you are not on top of the hierarchy...  Well you had better duck the kitchen sink. Cause that is getting thrown at you with the rest of the charges.

I have a lot of those stories.  If I didn't leave that little shit town I'd be in prison.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Unless the RZR was knowingly stolen or something, that was completely unnecessary.

If catching them was so imperative, maybe instead of just having one car in the area they could have a few cars without lights posted around the neighborhood and simply watch to see where they go. They're probably not going far.
View Quote
I would have chased them.

My father's neighbor's kid drives his side by side all over my dad's fields. Tracks lead from his field to the neighbors garage. Neighbor has a farm and like 300 acres, not sure why he wants to go trash my father's fields.

People buy these things then ride them illegally everywhere. I've gotten to the point where I don't care if they ride them on the roads illegally. Its that they go tear up alfalfa fields with real $ lost.

There should be a wifi remote kill available to the police and neighbors of unruly SxS's. If my dad see's one of those things tearing up his fields, he should be able to press a button and deactivate it so the police can come and pay the owner a visit.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#5]
When the kids went from the dirt back to the street, I could swear I heard the cop say, in Jackie Gleason's voice (Sherriff Buford T. Justice), I got you now you SUM BITCH!
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My father's neighbor's kid drives his side by side all over my dad's fields. Tracks lead from his field to the neighbors garage. Neighbor has a farm and like 300 acres, not sure why he wants to go trash my father's fields.

People buy these things then ride them illegally everywhere. I've gotten to the point where I don't care if they ride them on the roads illegally. Its that they go tear up alfalfa fields with real $ lost.

There should be a wifi remote kill available to the police and neighbors of unruly SxS's. If my dad see's one of those things tearing up his fields, he should be able to press a button and deactivate it so the police can come and pay the owner a visit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless the RZR was knowingly stolen or something, that was completely unnecessary.

If catching them was so imperative, maybe instead of just having one car in the area they could have a few cars without lights posted around the neighborhood and simply watch to see where they go. They're probably not going far.

With kids these days, the remote kill would be removed and, possibly installed on a local cop car.

I agree that tearing up someone's field is a no no. That is someone's paycheck. I'm surprised they didn't encounter a fence at one point.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, sort of dumb to chase kids on a joyride.  If you can get them to stop within a few miles, great.  If not, pitting them and possibly killing them for a joyride is just stupid.
View Quote
We know what most would pick, kid death. At least the officers get home safe and the community is better for the teens being dead. Right?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm sure we've talked about it before.  Oh well.  But here's a video of small town cops lying in wait and ambushing a couple kids on a RZR.

View Quote
Wouldn’t be surprised if the cops know exactly where those kids live and we’re waiting for them when they got home
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know a kid that outran/maneuvered the county Sheriff on a 1985 Honda 350x three wheeler.
View Quote
I know a friend that managed that on a 200x 3wheeler
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

With kids these days, the remote kill would be removed and, possibly installed on a local cop car.

I agree that tearing up someone's field is a no no. That is someone's paycheck. I'm surprised they didn't encounter a fence at one point.
View Quote
Make the transmitter SMD size and on the same chip that controlls the spark. If they can hack that, they deserve to go free

There was a barbed wire fence, but its not been used in many years and the neighbors cut it. They also keep moving their posted signs inward and claim that the fence is theirs (my dad says otherwise).
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You sound like you have ZERO grasp of reality.

The fuck that have to do with the vid I watched?

ETA: completely off the topic - are you serious?

I can’t even begin to unravel the stupidity in that thought.
View Quote
You couldn't be more clueless.

All the foreigners in this country are a communist threat to the existence of our nation.

Several times more than any domestic thief, murderer, or drug dealer.

The cop can go after these two people out for a joyride with utmost fervor while illegals roam free.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#12]
He was chasing his ego around in a circle.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:07:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
In a sea of stupid shit, this is the iceberg of derp standing tall above it all.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Used to ride ATVs a lot.  Had one at one time that could hit highway speeds on smooth ground like that without much trouble (not in the trees obviously).  Never got chased by cops on it though
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Fuck Quadtards.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#17]
No big deal. You push the pursuit until they wreck and kill themselves, then you put it over the air as a traffic accident. Or so I've heard.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
These threads serve a useful purpose in GD.

They point out both the guys you could sit down and enjoy a drink with, and also those who stood alone by the punch table at the back school dance.
View Quote
Driving, shooting/ois or tattoo bitching threads are always enlightening.  If there's ever some sort of Holocaust against left lane campers it'll be perpetrated by arfcom GD posters.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Funniest one I've ever seen...

cop car catches fire after chasing 4X4
View Quote
First thing I thought of was this video.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#21]
How many were rooting for the kids? I was hoping he would find a ditch or something and get out of those flat fields. Once he hit the woods he had it made.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Some years back I had a client who was a logger.  He knew every logging road in the county and how they all connected.  When he was being chased he would disappear and show up on the other side of the county.  It was fun to listen to the scanner during those chases.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#23]
lol Reminds me a lot of my youth
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Shoot out the tires Roscoe!
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Next time have a few spike strips placed in key locations entering those fields and funnel those fuckers towards them.

These kids are a hazard to vehicle traffic and should be dealt with in the most severe way possible .

This will play out again because they are delinquents .
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:17:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No big deal. You push the pursuit until they wreck and kill themselves, then you put it over the air as a traffic accident. Or so I've heard.
View Quote
Tough with a dash cam
View Quote
I'm old and from a different time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Chasing a couple helmetless kids on and off road and in a vehicle not equipped with airbags.  What could possibly go wrong?
View Quote
Not to mention he threatened to shoot them.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Why

What is so bad about kids riding around in an ATV?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not just get some video of the kid trespassing?

The OP's video would have been funnier if the kids doubled back and let the air out of the cops tires....
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Where's a ride along with a grappling hook when you need them
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I had a dirt bike when I was young and taunted cops. They gave chase, I hit woods, they couldn't drive a car in the woods.  It was fun.
View Quote
We did that on bikes and quads all the time. Cops would show up where we were riding, and we would scatter into state land, sometimes we would see them waiting on the other side and haul ass.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For some reason riding a off road vehicle is one sure way to piss off the cops to no end. Had one come after me on my dirt bike like I was a murderer or something. Before I could do anything the cop ran his car violently into a ditch and got stuck. He exited the smoking heap in a violent rage and incoherently screamed some command to stop, or something.

I calmly put it in gear and left. I swear I can still hear him screaming.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
lol, I can't believe that idiot drove into the woods and then got out and tried to chase them on foot. Respect my authoritah!
View Quote
Cop had more butthurt than brains.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What the fuck did he think he was going to accomplish chasing a Rzr down on foot?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Running from the cops for dumb shit is kind of a rural right of passage, unfortunately this isn't the 70s/80s/90s anymore and felony fleeing and eluding is a thing you'll actually get jammed up for now. Candy ass ticket/more likely a warning for operating an ATV on a road or felony fleeing and eluding is a pretty easy choice.

Not worth losing your gun and voting rights over. Be sure to tell your kids the same.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Running from the cops for dumb shit is kind of a rural right of passage, unfortunately this isn't the 70s/80s/90s anymore and felony fleeing and eluding is a thing you'll actually get jammed up for now. Candy ass ticket/more likely a warning for operating an ATV on a road or felony fleeing and eluding is a pretty easy choice.

Not worth losing your gun and voting rights over. Be sure to tell your kids the same.
View Quote
Not worth having cops around to enforce bullshit like this.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
A friend of our stopped one time on his dirt bike when the cops showed up, he had them beat all he had to do was get into the trail, but he pulled over right at the trail head.

He got slammed with tickets. Pretty much every motorcycle ticket under the sun (no lights, signals, motorcycle license etc.)

It was a lesson to the rest of us to never stop, just get your ass into the woods.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Ok, fuck those kids.

Joy ride is a once a year kind of thing, we have fuckers who do that shit every week, sling mud all over the fucking street. Then someone gets hurt and all of a sudden we get a bunch of mom's and congressmen to start passing more laws, more regulations, next thing you know, these things are $30k.

ID the machine, the drivers, show up at their house and tow that shit away. Crush it or repaint it and put a light bar on it and give it to the cops.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ok, fuck those kids.

Joy ride is a once a year kind of thing, we have fuckers who do that shit every week, sling mud all over the fucking street. Then someone gets hurt and all of a sudden we get a bunch of mom's and congressmen to start passing more laws, more regulations, next thing you know, these things are $30k.

ID the machine, the drivers, show up at their house and tow that shit away. Crush it or repaint it and put a light bar on it and give it to the cops.
View Quote
Why do you hate freedom and think it's ok to take someone's property and destroy it?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Why not just get some video of the kid trespassing?
View Quote
Its a back field that my dad can't see from his place. The land he's on is 190 acres so its hard to see the other end as its 6000 feet away. He's almost 70 anyways, can barely work the TV. I put up a game camera, but it got stolen.

edit the field is the one in the upper right, and his house is behind the camera

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:48:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Not worth having cops around to enforce bullshit like this.
View Quote
I'm going to say with about 90% confidence that that cop wasn't chasing them because "muh laws" but more because it's 1am in some rural county and chasing someone through farmfields in a car you don't have to pay to fix is way more fun than sitting at some rural crossroads giving people warnings for rolling through stop signs
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm going to say with about 90% confidence that that cop wasn't chasing them because "muh laws" but more because it's 1am in some rural county and chasing someone through farmfields in a car you don't have to pay to fix is way more fun than sitting at some rural crossroads giving people warnings for rolling through stop signs
View Quote
So fuck it all up that much more with a cop car? Got it
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That was funny. The kids were toying with him because they could have hit the woods at any time. My old RZR 800 could break 55 MPH, not sure how fast the newer 1000's go.
View Quote
Without the limiter?

95+
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Without the limiter?

95+
View Quote
Its not really your top speed but how fast you can travel over rougher terrain. My sxs tops out around 65mp but I can run at 40 or 45 through stuff that would throw a well off-road equipped jeep our truck off the trail and up into a tree

funny video though, Ohio generally sucks for off-road enthusiasts so I head up to Michigan a couple times a year to play (very off road friendly and the farther north you get the more like the wild west it becomes, no rules other than don't kill yourself). I took a younger kid I shoot with to Michigan to ride... we road miles and miles of trail that day, had an absolute blast. His biggest memory was passing a police car on the main drag of the town (we were heading in for lunch and gas) and having the police officer wave at him. he was thinking "O crap I'm busted" and the officer was thinking "nice wheeler" lol.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Why do you hate freedom and think it's ok to take someone's property and destroy it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, fuck those kids.

Blood Mud in the streets!
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Sooner or later they will mutual aid call for a chopper then the kids go to jail. End of story.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Reminds me as a kid on a dirt bike.   Cop came out of nowhere on a bike. I got five tickets.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#49]
That cop is a hero “I’m gona shoot you” when he ran on foot after them. Really...
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Lol why waste time and money doing this?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top